Is VLC still the best media player?

mpc-hc was discontinued.
mpv doesn't have a configuration GUI.

I guess VLC is still king, right?

Attached: 1200px-VLC_Icon.svg.png (1200x1359, 372K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/6367#issue-389072098
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no, RealPlayer is still the only real option

mpv is the best.

Yes, for brainlets who can't into simple config files

>tfw to intaligent to configure mpv
It literally works out of the box, it's not like the shortcuts are some vim level shit

No it doesn't
Scroll on mpv doesn't change the sound volume.
mpv doesn't save volume from one session to another.
mpv doesn't have a one click button to set all video files to mpv.
mpv is shit.

Everything can easily be fixed, the only exception being #3 on linux. The poster you're replying to is spot on.

>mpc-hc was discontinued.
Some doom9 guy continues updating it.

>Scroll on mpv doesn't change the sound volume.
It does if the cursor is over the volume icon.
>mpv doesn't save volume from one session to another.
Possible via a user script. I know that's a rather weak defence. Just saying it's possible.
>mpv doesn't have a one click button to set all video files to mpv.
Why would it? Shouldn't file associations be handled by your OS?
Also while I think it's unnecessary, the Windows builds do come with a batch script that makes mpv the default player for all video extensions.

>mpc-hc was discontinued
Why the fuck does it matter, why do fags always bring shit like this up. It still works perfectly fine.
You idiots always act like software is useless as soon as it doesn't get a new version every day.

In my opinion AIMP is the best right now. It's the best FLAC player. Also has simple UI and good equlizer.Also you can do pretty much everything in it. Convert music,compress music, edit the file.

>Scroll on mpv doesn't change the sound volume.
Point over the volume button. Or just use 9 and 0 keys.
>doesn't save volume from one session to another.
Nor should it.
>mpv doesn't have a one click button to set all video files to mpv.
This is an OS task. A user program should never change your file associations. You have a "default app" manager available on every OS.

mpv is the best

>VLCshills still trying hard to get some attention for using an average media player.

VLC is pretty great

Nobody has mentioned it, oddly, but I personally use SMPlayer with mpv backend.

Also with MPCHC skinned GUI :^)

for me, it's Plex

Attached: bfe3fa5b74b3835957bb8e4a7e989afa.png (1024x1024, 473K)

NO JRIVER MEDIA CENTRE 24 IS

Hmmm.. it seems mpv finally fixed their broken decoding of 4:4:4 with ordered chapters.

Still not up to MPC-HC's standards, though.

github.com/clsid2/mpc-hc/releases
Every other player sucks, dont even you me

Yep, it works.

mpv = must protect virginity

The latest Windows MPV build causes just a flat blue screen to be shown when it goes fullscreen.

Back to MPC-HC I go

You need to wait more to autopost your thread user, consider you redpilled from now on. Thank me later.

I used exclusively VLC before it crashed when trying to play a HD FLAC 1.5h movie with subtitles. Then I tried with mpv and had no issue, so now it's my main player.

I really don’t understand why it matters which is probably down to my ignorance, but it plays lots of formats and has options that have fixed things for me in the past, like being able to correct desync between audio and video. I just don’t understand what more tinkering people could possibly need. I don’t use it very often but it’s always there for me if I’m watching a movie at my computer for some reason.

I noticed it too. Custom scale and cscale seem to cause it on d3d11. Spline36 is fine. There's no problem on Linux.

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues/6367#issue-389072098

bloat