Frontend framework battle

Which of the three do you think will solidify its position as de facto standard?

strawpoll.me/17013935

Attached: 1543132120682.jpg (299x168, 10K)

My money is on gopher. That Xanadu hyper-thingy screams academic impracticality to me.

Vue, hands down.

People get this way wrong - they usually focus on current stats only. No. More important factors are ease of use, directly related to ease of adoption, and community. All 3 have sufficient community, but Vue is the clear leader in ease of use. No need to learn JSX and TS, just reuse the same HTML/CSS/JS skills you've been building up for years. For newbies, it plays right into the basics in a way that the other two do not. It's incrementally adoptable (which IMO is only relevant to management because incremental adoption is awful developer experience).

Separately are single file components. I think this is the superior way of doing things, having done a lot of work in Vue over the last 2 years. Including the CSS and putting each part (HTML/CSS/JS) in its own place makes the whole experience so much simpler and easier to reason about, so less mistakes and greater composability.

Just regular js with jquery

>Just regular js without jquery because regular browser APIs are somewhat ok in 2018
ftfy

I like Vue and it's developed a solid market.

React having used both ng and react

Vue is pretty good. It’s like the good parts of react and angularjs in one framework.

This but the other way around

react won years ago (and i despise facebook)

vue is for brainlettes and angular is over engineered

t. senior dev

If there is a god, WebASM

Is there some really simple framework that has almost no dependencies and doesn't require 10 layers of bootstrapping to deploy? I just want something like jquery but something that I can use with just a rest API and no HTML.
t. Backend dev that hates front-end

Redux and states is why react blows but jsx is comfy. Angular is nice for enterprise. Vue is not gaining any traction because its way too new

Javascript.

Jquery is slower than any framework though

Most of the usefulness of jquery has been added into ES6 by default. ES6 alone is pretty fucking good on its own. Too many people rely on frameworks and act like JS alone is usable.

I mean something that provides a but of abstraction (think how useful it was 10 years ago) and that is just a single,

Vue was only made a year after react.

Elm.

Elm > React > Vue > Angular

Eat a dick, Angular 2+ is dead on arrival.

no thanks. i'm used to jquery now and i like the syntax. also, wtf does "somewhat ok" mean? is that really supposed to sell me on abandoning jquery? lol whatever

None of this. Next weeks new JavaScript framework will

true

this

They all suck dick. I prefer just native javascript. Unfortunately, that is too hard for the retards they employ at most companies.

One thing I know is that none of them will win anything. None of them will become any kind of standard or anything else. New frameworks will just keep coming out and everyone will just stay on whatever framework they chose at the time.

There's literally only 2 job listings in my entire city of 3 million that mention vue

Oof

Attached: React-vs-Angular-stack-insight.jpg (725x465, 30K)

having used angular, angular 2+ and vue? angular 2+.

OOF

Attached: gvar.png (824x734, 42K)

IDGAF, it's a race of who will get blocked by my extension the most

but React is very easy, I didn't do any real javascript before, only knew how to get node, add some eventlistener or manipulate dom a little.
I knew only some pre ES5 javascript, started with ES6, webpack and React.
While I've done a few mini apps I've started using create-react-app and it's stupidly easy to start working on something.
If there were no React I wouldn't touch frontend with a ten foot pole.
I've done some tutorial on Angular(before React), but it feeled weird. In comparison react was very intuitive from the start for me.
I've always hated writing with templates like jsp/jstl and jinja not even mentioning raw html.
React is super comfy.

what if you don't want to write HTML you fucking idiot.

React is the best pattern.

> Angular 7

> Component structure
It means you can write a huge app and still be able to maintain it without a problem

> TypeScript
static typing == less bugs (if you are not a retard)

> Good tree shaking, lazy loading, native script / ionic (PWA - means you can export your webapp for windows / android / ios)

There's a lots of shit, but I personally prefer Angular over react because code is much cleaner + classes (TS (JS)) and templates (HTML) are completely separated + everything is manager by google meaning no 3rd party shit is required.

ALL IN ANGULAR

Native DOM manipulation sucks dick and the virtual DOM has much better performance. Brainlet BTFO

>javascript
>"pretty fucking good"
oh, user, you do make me laugh.

Attached: javascript.jpg (3264x1836, 792K)

This is how dumb the framework uses are. They think a framework built with JavaScript is faster than just JavaScript.

>Baby-tier
jQuery

>Shit-tier
Angular, Backbone, Knockout

>Mediocre-tier
React, Polymer, Ember

>Good-Tier
Vue, Preact, Inferno, Svelte

>God-tier
Elm, Mithril, Hyperapp

Attached: birb.jpg (634x522, 69K)

> Terry-tier
WASM

you realize that frameworks use native dom manipulation to do stuff, don't you?

My vote is for the ride never ends, simple as that, people will shit out front end frameworks every so often.

But i'd recommend React to anyone starting out simply because it uses pure javascript that will in maybe 50 years be in the standard as oposed to angular and vue which make use of Typescript which is bascially a fanfic.

Is it weird that I use Vue without npm? I hate nodejs.