>telling me about the how pure copper connectors reduce electrical noise
>ask how much it cost
>seven
>hundred
>dollars
>call him an idiot
>he says I'm just mad because I can't afford it
>weird flex I guess but ok

Attached: 4EBBA107-FE12-4ADF-803A-0C07044ACA16.jpg (1022x1022, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/213Ra
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Buy some standard mains cable
>Buy some off-the-shelf power connectors
>Slap a braided sleeve over it and attach the connectors
>$700
Pretty smart business decision, really.

I never understood the cable crazy audiofags.

Just install a fucking faraday cage if your so paranoid about noise and interference.

And no amount of money spent on cables will make wall power less shit; the actual solution is to run everything through a double conversion UPS.

Tell him, seeing he has a good amount of money and is serious about his audio quality, to buy an oscilloscope and do comparisons between the waveforms into his equipment with the previous power cable and his new one.

>im not mad
>makes a thread on 4channel about it

Attached: 1537054494137.jpg (225x225, 5K)

>I never understood the cable crazy audiofags.
Whats funny is that they spend more on cables than the studio that recorded the music did
The studio may have spent maybe $100 on all the cables used to record a track but then the audiofool will spend $200 on a single RCA cable

>Buying cheap ass cables
I bet you don't even have nipple woofers either

Attached: 00W0W_30MPL8IMsv0_1200x900.jpg (437x900, 52K)

>pure copper connectors
>not even oxygen free silver + gold plating
what a noob

>call him an idiot
>he says I'm just mad because I can't afford it
Nice family relationship, why even bother talking?

At what point do you just say fuck it and spend more money on cables than the actual audio hardware? Seems like he passed the law of diminishing returns a while ago.

There is no reason to be using anything other than properly rated UL Listed IEC cables which cost no more than $10 from a reputable supplier

>weird flex I guess but ok

Hello my fellow reddittor, welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here at Jow Forums(nel).

Any posts containing these obvious reddit lines should be banned on sight.

Attached: 1500955544774.jpg (928x960, 49K)

>le reddit spacing

You walked into , fuckwit. Now get the fuck off my board.

You haven't even seen the $10000 hdmi cables yet. Check it on amazon. The local electronics store here also sells it and I pray no one is stupid enough to buy one.

What the fuck is reddit spacing.

Lurk more, faggot.

Attached: 1523469169014.gif (480x270, 1000K)

>lurk more
>reddit spacing

Holy shit you fucking retard. Stop using terms you heard once like you understand what they mean.

Except he used them exactly correctly and in-context. You only thrash and scream because you're a fucking stupid newfag who just breezed in from Plebbit. Now go home to your mommy, mouthbreathing mong.

When everyone is redditards, no one will be.

fucking leave

>And no amount of money spent on cables will make wall power less shit; the actual solution is to run everything through a double conversion UPS.
And no amount of power regulation and conditioning on the output will make any sort of difference under anything but purely scientific listening measurements, and even then like idk bruh.

tell him to try mogami cable

>r

>e

>d

>d

>i

>t

>s

>p

>a

>c

>i

>n

>g

Tell him to try metal coathanger. Better, go back in time and tell his mother.

the only sane response

unironically probably mental illness. Not in the debilitating sense, like I'm sure he lives a fully functional life, but it's no doubt some form of mental illness where his brain creates a dopamine response to him investing time/money/passion into trinkets. It's even more potent when people like OP tell him that it's stupid / pointless, because it reinforces his belief / persecution complex that he's onto some next-level shit that only he and his cult of retarded money-wasters understands,

Attached: 1508824491878.png (512x512, 94K)

mogami speaker cable is the real deal though

the cure is digital input active monitors

Sounds like flagship Android/iPhone users.

out

Attached: 1535444979893.png (796x597, 422K)

Literally the same, except for audiofags a speaker alone may cost a flagship phone alone.

kekd
can I be in the screenshot pls :D

I fell for the audiophile snakeoil. I spent $200 on a DAC/amp, $350 on a pair of HD650s, only download FLAC versions of songs, and it's barely better than a pair of 595s without the DAC/amp. I'm almost positive this DAC does absolutely nothing and I can't tell the difference with/without it.

Attached: gtfo.gif (496x368, 1.71M)

I don't think I believe you.

>used to be coax installer
>some dude calls in because his tivo isn't letting him get certain channels
>hes pissed, saying it's our fault, the cable card is bad etc.
>there is a fucking huge ass filter behind his coax splitter
>turns out he filtered his own cable to reduce hum on the speakers.
>it's filtering all the frequencies of the channels that aren't coming in
Audiofiles are usually fucking idiots.

Cable boxes are known to cause hum and can be hard to get a proper fix in place

Pro tip, it's because they aren't grounded,
the hum is because it's grounding over the dialectic

And what is the proper fix coax man

Had to find my old cans.
The only thing I can recommend 100% is to get an amp and open-ear headphones. 595s , 650s are too quiet without one, and m40x sounds worse in all regards compared to both my senns.
Aside from that, DACs are a meme. Audio can be improved to a certain point before it becomes snake oil, and I'm certain getting a DAC is the tip of the iceberg.

Attached: IMG_20181209_204035.jpg (2400x3200, 2.62M)

That purity of hearing the noise in the original recording and not the noise from my house.
Enjoy that 5$ cable.

all dacs are the same. there's a difference between a 1 dollar and 50 dollar amp. there's a difference between a 10 dollar and 100 dollar headphone. the rest is nonsense. you won't hear any difference between flac and MP3 unless you have a PA system. and you use .WAV on pa systems.

lol this redditor trying to pretend he's an old 4channeler

implying flac and wav aren't both lossless audio

ground the outlet

Okay, DAC I can understand not being important, but at least you're backing amps still.
DACs are more case specific. Perhaps, in the case of a computer, internal interference is affecting the onboard audio, or the onboard DAC is genuinely bad, or you just want an external DAC so you can easier manage different inputs.
Some people are being sold that DACs will magically make your music sound a lot better, and that's just wrong in the vast majority of cases.

That's not very much for a large speaker with a decent construction. Cost of components goes up as you demand a speaker that can output more sound, more bass, and handle more power without sounding poor.

What problem did you have with the HD595?

why don't we use digital audio so noise doesn't happen?
Why use DACs both independent and already built into devices?
Why convert to analog at all?
Shouldn't headphones just be digital?

DACs are either one of 2 things
bad or competent
Bad DACs are just DACs that are poorly implemented such as, as you said DACs in your PC which don't necessarily have to be badly implemented but often are because it takes effort to implement them without noise
Competent DACs is literately any DAC that is implemented properly and performs just as good or better as it's specs on the datasheet.
If every DAC was just put in properly even the cheapest shit would be good enough because it's really hard to make a genuine shit DAC that sounds horrible no matter what you do

Speakers are not digital

you should tell him that getting his ears professionally cleaned out for like $20-$50 will make 100x more of a difference than shit like that

why not?

This is amazing

>doesn't understand how a speaker works

Speakers take an analog input

why not make speakers take a digital input?
that way you don't get interference from your computer or cables, the only noise could come from inside the speaker itself.
Wouldn't it be better than running an analog cable from a DAC?

It's what people call when

you

make

a new line for every sentence. Pretty much the equivalent of saying "your mom" when you don't have an argument.

You mean like a powered monitor?

Speakers would need to be fundamentally different user. As in not a woofer based design

Reddit spacing is actually a side effect of a long time reddit user where they instinctively press enter twice to start a new paragraph because Reddit doesn't respect the first time you hit enter or something

>he plugs his monitor into power

Attached: 1543190013975.gif (320x240, 403K)

Oh. I didn't know that, I thought it was just a shitty cop out. Also checked

speakers need power to oscillate and make sound. digital input only would mean the speaker requires external power which again could introduce some noise depending on how it is implemented and power hum

what if instead of oscillation we used electromagnets or something to create the vibrations from a digital format?

Because our ears are not digital.

my eyes aren't digital either, LEDs are still visible to me though

Just search "how speaker work".
Engineers are not retard and you should not show your "knowledge" and intelligent.

Ask him to do a blind AB/X test and watch him squirm. They always do.

>some form of mental illness where his brain creates a dopamine response to him investing time/money/passion into trinkets

Your brother might be what's called a "female".
Has he/she got an Instagram and Snapchat account? Do they post their latest purchases on there?

There's a noticable difference in audio quality on my LG G6 when I switch between DAC on and DAC off. Sounds better than any other phone I've listened to, more like my old Hi-MD walkman.

Seconded.

So you mean an electrostatic speaker?

Guys. Grilles on or off?

Attached: unknown.png (822x1233, 1.07M)

Iron your fucking curtains

On obviously

It's actually this. Normal 4fags
do this. Le redditers do

this

>instead of oscillation ... vibrations
That's what oscillation is

And unless you're using an extremely high-quality and high-hardness phonograph cylinder or record, neither is the stored audio. (I say high-hardness because a wax cylinder or vinly are already lower quality than even normal digital signals)

Off if you're a 1337 gaemar, on if you're an e d g y m i n i m a l i s t

Attached: minimalism.png (400x400, 1K)

>There's a noticable difference in audio quality on my LG G6 when I switch between DAC on and DAC off.
how do you listen to it without a dac?

he has money and a cool sound system. it sounds like your the idiot

This shit always blows my mind too. It's not just cables either, it's pretty much all audio equipment, like an industry-standard studio power conditioner costs a fraction of what an audiophile one does. The whole thing's especially ridiculous when you consider that most music is mixed to sound best on shitty car stereos and stock iPod headphones.

This isn't right either. Putting a line break between sentences or paragraphs is something that people on Jow Forums have been doing since before Reddit was even a thing, and it's totally fine if it makes sense for clarity or to break up separate thoughts.

THESE are actual reddit spacing. Nobody but a redditor puts a line break under a post link or greentext, and they probably don't even mean to do it either.

On, of course

There are some speakers that can take digital input, like Genelec 83xx series, for example.

It's either audiophiles have no fucking brains or they just really like spending money as a hobby and audiophile gear is an easy way to do it
I'm going to go with no brains because anyone with half a brain will figure out that if they want to listen to audio as close to it's original intention you go get some semi-pro/professional equipment

When a speaker like that takes digital input it just means there is an inbuilt DAC that converts the signal to analog before sending it to the inbuilt amplifier chip

>or they just really like spending money as a hobby and audiophile gear is an easy way to do it
This is actually what I think it is most of the time. I think a lot of them probably do it just so they can dickwave in audiophile forums' equivalents of battlestation threads too. It's not that different from people here who buy expensive-ass massdrop mech keyboards and other fancy shit that provides no real benefit just so they can look cool in /bst/.

Weird flex but ok

If you want to listen to original shit, you just better save this money and just travel to where good artists/bands/orchestras perform.

You want just digital signal straight to speaker? For now physical limitations of semiconductors would not allow you to do that, it just can't switch fast enough to do that.

>Nobody but a redditor puts a line break under a post link
Cool, noted for trigger power.

It's a cancermeme newfags swallowed and repeat till they die.

>newfags
>die
I wish.

kek

My uncle owned a high end Electronic store.
Sold top end TVs and speakers to rich people.
NBA/NFL or actors would come to his store.
He said he'd get guys who would buy $7,000 Cables for speakers and then call him saying how much better it sounded.
He ways thought they were retarded, but never said anything to them.

False equivalence.

If there is no, or next to no, chance of you kicking the cones in, off.
Otherwise, on.

>Cloudflare

Hey check out this article

archive.is/213Ra

There is a level of diminishing returns to audio equipment, but the people who usually populate these threads are the kinds of people who think that iPod base earbuds are acceptable quality and that having a stretched aspect ratio on the TV is okay.

The only reason I buy audio hardware is to make life easier. Having all my audio sources piped into a mixer makes it nice since I never have to take off my headphones and can stay comfy.

Attached: IMG_20181210_015746.jpg (2508x3416, 3.41M)

Also adding to that, having level meters is super nice and also kinda fun

Attached: IMG_20181210_021234_50.jpg (2304x1728, 2.87M)

>paper copy of calculus 7e
the absolute madman