Still no webms

>still no webms

Attached: safari.png (695x440, 273K)

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: iTards can't see this.webm (912x656, 891K)

not having webm support is a feature

Don't they just lack native support? They could always install 3rd party codecs.

>installing 3rd party codecs when every other browser can play them without addons

Sure it's a less than ideal solution, but I'd rather take that than having absolutely no way to enable support.

but can't apple add built in capabilities to do so?

are they just contrarians?

webm isn't really essential outside of Jow Forums. Most Apple consumers are qualified professionals who don't come on this site anyway.

Apple is literally a licensor of MPEG LA and Steve Jobs is a petty bitch so vp8/9 will never be supported even over his dead body.

See They rather go with HEVC and HEIF than VP9 and WebP.

No, they only support stuff they can use hardware acceleration for

they've got something much better than this (nigger emojis)

and dont forget iphones dont have APT-X HD and LDAC lossless bluetooth codecs either while literal chink shit does

Its all down apple being letigious cunts and getting into a Huge legal battle with Qualcomm.

They are so royally fucked.

Attached: m0_gif.gif (1000x562, 268K)

iOS only supports AAC over Bluetooth because that’s what the iTunes Store and Apple Music (and most video streaming services) use natively, meaning there’s no need to transcode and incur further generational loss and latency.

There is no content provider that encodes audio with LDAC or Apt-X.

uhhh, WUT
one of the biggest reasons why i havent gotten an iphone was because of webm support
are you telling me its just the browser and not the entire operating system?

search on google your macOS version (Mojave, OSX, lion, etc) and add + "webm support" and see the results

My iphone has 24bit flac on it. Also i could stream lossless from tidal if i wanted. My BT headphones support Apt-X HD BUT THE IPHONE DOESNT

dont delude yourself with reasoning that it may not be needed. Its a fucking flagship product that is missing codecs that are now standard in god damn chink shit

Qualicomm owns APT-X and 5G patents and IP. They are blocking apple from using them because apple are a bunch of cunts. Bravo Qualcomm

Attached: 1543539763568.gif (300x300, 892K)

I'm considering a iphone as my next phone but needing a dongle for headphones and software support are the biggest drawbacks
security/privacy is 'supposedly' much better than android

>flac

obscure nerd / pirate format

>tidal

dying

>Apt-X

still requires transcoding from whatever codec your content is in, so your precious FLAC is no longer losslessly pristine. also adds latency.

Apple doesn’t care about checking every box for every flavor-of-the-week meme format that its retarded ineffectual competitors come up with.

>lossless audio is an obscure pirate/nerd format

Stopped reading there, you're a mouthbreather

>Apple doesn’t care about checking every box for every flavor-of-the-week meme format
Rather ironic since they support HEIF. Guess it's ok as long as they are affiliated with it.

Quite the contrary. The mouthbreathers are the "audiophiles" hoarding and desperately clinging to their bloated FLAC-encoded CD / vinyl rips.

4K HDR content on the iTunes Store is already encoded with HEVC so adding HEIF support is trivial by comparison.

apt-x HD and LDAC are lossless 16bit so just stop talking you are making a fool of yourself

iPhones used to have everything, used to have all the most modern bt codecs and features NOT ANYMORE.

>The mouthbreathers are the "audiophiles" hoarding and desperately clinging to their bloated FLAC-encoded CD / vinyl rips.
Would you be ok with it if they'd use ALAC instead?

>apt-x HD and LDAC are lossless

false. Bluetooth doesn't have the bandwidth to handle any lossless format.

no, see above. as far as consumer tech is concerned, lossless audio has always been a niche audiophile format. CD audio is also compressed from the original master tapes into 16-bit 44.1 KHz to fit onto a 650 MB plastic disc. Vinyl has a much more limited dynamic range due to being an analogue format. Movies on Blu-ray use lossy compression and chroma subsampling. Do all these things also trigger you?

>iPhones used to have everything, used to have all the most modern bt codecs and features

this is also false. qualify your statement or you are full of shit.

Just use firefox or chrome then

>iphones dont have APT-X HD and LDAC
>Iphones dont have LDAC
Is this for real?
They pushed their shit $150 Bluetooth earphones and their phones didn't even have LDAC?
Holy fucking shit, even my oldass LG g3 from 2014 has LDAC

Never seen webm outside of Jow Forums. Meme format.

>never watched YouTube
Get with the times, boomer.

I’ve got better things to do than watch epic Fortnite streamers.

Whoa, apple doesn't want to support codecs they can't make software patent licenses off of. How can this be, a company that doesn't even have foss crt0 and forces dev's to use their shitty nonfree llvm xcode bs.

>Most Apple consumers are qualified professionals who don't come on this site anyway.
>Most
so, uh - how do we get rid of the rest then ?

iPhones always missed out on stuff that some people considered “essential”. Remember flash? It wisely avoided that whole shit tech. And it’s Bluetooth stack has always been fairly conservative. APT-X isn’t exactly the shit, there’s no overwhelming clamor for it. As for flac, they apparently considered it for iTunes long before the iPhone even existed, but were concerned that it wasn’t clean enough to survive possible patent scrutiny (they were already licensing lame for mp3 support, but rolled their own codecs for lossy and lossless media). iOS will support what there is a need for by tons of people. Webm just doesn’t cut it. This is the only place I ever see it used. It’s a failure of a codec.

Sure, some YouTube videos are available in webm. But they’re also in multiple other codecs too. Webm is superfluous to literally everyone except this anime forum.

is a feature
isn't really essential
flavor-of-the-week meme format
>Webm just doesn’t cut it.
damn, you've convinced me now user. Tim 'arseraider' Cook knows best what I should be allowed

This guy needs to see a doctor if he feels pain in his chest every time he laughs

> false. Bluetooth doesn't have the bandwidth to handle any lossless format.

your a fucking idiot. you think you know it all but dont. BT 4+ can push 0.9 megabytes / second which is more than enough to pipe lossless compressed 16bit audio.

LDAC can push 24bit/96k over some "its almost lossless trust us it very good " codec they are very coy about.

Is this for real?

its for real. its my fucking job to know it. as i stated iphones are missing key technologies that are owned by qualcomm and will do so for some time.

>LDAC can push 24bit/96k over some "its almost lossless trust us it very good " codec they are very coy about.

meaning it's not lossless and therefore marketing bullshit by Sony

>marketing bullshit by Sony

no argument there although LDAC is pretty facinating. I did lots of research. There was windows WMA pro codec that did 24/96 lossy. It was never publicly documented or adopted. Im pretty sure LDAC is using it or something similar.