Do you guys think that there's gonna be a movement away from social media or is it just gonna get bigger until it's all...

Do you guys think that there's gonna be a movement away from social media or is it just gonna get bigger until it's all people care about?

Attached: 1544393662000.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Best pussy I got don't flex on social media my nigga
why the fuck do I need to care when there's a pool of pussy open for me my guy?

What shit thread fuck off

I have a gf too, but the topic just interests me

tik tok reminds me more of youtube than social media.
I do think there will be a shift away from social media.
But people will always want this kind of anonymous stardom brought by youtube/tik tok

who's the girl on the left, very cute desu

dont post her

I think a lot of people my age (30) are getting more and more bored/annoyed with social media. From my perspective; those who obsess over it, are people who stand to gain something, be it just attention or sales (e-sluts, businesses etc), while normal people barely even care about it.

Attached: ss (2018-09-26 at 02.02.43).jpg (525x623, 75K)

Wood give her aids/10

is this better?

Attached: 1544369154142.jpg (3088x2056, 1.82M)

if people were going to be "against" it i think it would've happened after all their data got leaked, right?
or after it was "proven" that "russian propoganda" was seen by like 30+million amerikans, and "influenced the election"
or that twitter bots and stuff are there to propogate false ideologies and mindsets, or that instathots are slutting it up for free stuff (tagthesponsor.com) and pretending that they're just "Bartenders" so their friends can be jealous and always upset that they're not involved in it.
but i guess it'll just get worse until it gets better

Whats her tiktok id?

>people
And there is already a "go offline" push, as in some of the cattle have realized that once the withdrawal panic attacks (caused by whatever freak occurrence has made them unable to check their fucking phone every three minutes) subside, a whole fucking world appears out of nowhere. Some have even reported to have family members and shit. And now they feel the need to tell you about this enlightening journey of the soul to this magical place occupied by the few remaining sane people who are still capable of correctly organizing their Maslow's pyramid called reality.

Who?

Attached: kat.jpg (1923x2560, 2.1M)

bonbibonkers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nobody's queen nyan

what is wrong with you people

based

I use facebook to message people, tindr for sex, and instagram for meeting thots.

Two words, attention and incentive, so no, we will slowly become more and more connected.

to what end?

i like tiktok

fgt

we have severe autism

why?

this
I mean c'mon, it's a whole other league

Attached: 43524ab6-5677-4583-a3d4-a28c0c4d8618_FBitCBLmQs.jpg (540x960, 41K)

I cant really explain it. Cute girls doing cute shit i guess

I think people who are old enough to remember the promises made of the internet are realizing that they not only never came true, but were actively betrayed.

>the promises made of the internet are realizing that they not only never came true
what promises?

itt

Attached: 1544364977162.jpg (750x734, 90K)

Read "The Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace" and keep in mind this is what people unironically believed.
Here's the opener:
>Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather.

>cattle successfully resists attack on its conditioning and attempts to defend it

I'm 33 and if you believed any stupid sensationalist shit like this you were retarded
It'd be just like people today thinking AI is going to take over the world

this is cringy as fuck lol

>thinking AI is going to take over the world
You do know you had to prove you were human to a robot to post that, right?

What did he mean by this

Attached: control.jpg (700x700, 182K)

what's your point

Only in the present context and with decades of hindsight. It is easy to say that now, but the general mood of the web and the internet was this assertively utopian. The only real echoes of it today is when people defend it due to "the grand sum of human knowledge."

How much simplicity in my explanation do you require?

I don't care too much for it but it eliminates a lot off pussy opportunity

are you implying I'm stupid for missing your ridiculous analogy? like the captcha program has any sort of power or authority? The general mood of the internet in the 90s was "where can I download mp3s and chat to 12 year old girls on ICQ", don't project your stupid dreams of utopia onto the rest of the world

>like the captcha program has any sort of power or authority?
You were not even allowed to speak without its permission. Many banks have AIs that examine transactions for suspicious behavior, and what about China's cameras that identify people?

>don't project your stupid dreams of utopia onto the rest of the world
The entire existence of the dotcom bubble shows that people had faith in this utopian view.

captcha isn't an AI, it's a program that trains an AI. well, an AI is a program anyway so it's a moot point. You're anthropomorphizing a computer program. The dot-com bubble had nothing to do with any utopian ideas, it was pure commericalism, pure hype about the market potential of the internet, which wasn't unfounded because it's how we do business today but people didn't quite understand how business on the internet was going to work

this . i really thought that the left would make a boicott (to take the tool away from "russian" hands)....
.....nothing happened.

I haven't seen anything big enough to be considered a push... but i take your word and i hope it becomes something.

>if people were going to be "against" it i think it would've happened after all their data got leaked, right?
No. people do not care about that kind of shit.

>or after it was "proven" that "russian propoganda" was seen by like 30+million amerikans, and "influenced the election"
No, people care even less about that kind of shit.

>or that twitter bots and stuff are there to propogate false ideologies and mindsets, or that instathots are slutting it up for free stuff (tagthesponsor.com) and pretending that they're just "Bartenders" so their friends can be jealous and always upset that they're not involved in it.
Are you seriously that out-of-touch? Do you honestly think people care about that kind of shit?

If it's going to happen, it's going to happen when all the kids grow up with their parents face-deep in their phone, posing their children and pets for social media, bring up some phony nonsense that only amused them every 10 seconds grow up and form a counter-culture that then becomes the culture.

I hope the girl on the right has a penis/10.

It's up to the younger generation, you can't predict what'll be "hip" in 20 years

Attached: boomer.jpg (233x216, 6K)

I don't think it's so much that people are leaving the internet (though they probably are) so much as people are getting sick of things that aren't real. Here in the UK vinyl has come back in a big way, and they're selling turn tables and records at my local small-town department store. Add this to how e-readers didn't even come close to replacing books and I think that we're moving to a world that has more appreciation for the analogue.

Please be a trap

only thots use tindr

> “I’m practically Amish when it comes down to it. I practically mistrust any technology that came after the buggy. What I tend to think is that the internet is fine for everyone else in the world. I can see that it may have some disadvantages. In fact, I can see a few problems arising from it, but, by and large… everybody in the entire world apart from me uses the internet and seems to get on quite well with it. For my part, I don’t want to be connected to that all-pervasive kind of cyber culture any more than I want to be connected to the physical world that is around me, more than I can help it [laughs]. I’m largely a solitary creature, just by nature and by my work.”
>Alan Moore

Attached: 1520415593535.jpg (403x292, 25K)

aryan goddess

>curved nose
>Aryan

>curved nose
You what

i literally want to creampie and then marry this young woman so hard. you have no idea user. i would literally kill my parents and all of you for it.

Attached: 1518348006905.jpg (325x346, 26K)

Her bridge has an inward curve, shit tier genes basically. Probably non white admixture.

Back off, she's mine.

>not wanting to fuck your gay friend
>not ironically flitting with him

are you serious

You caught me, I double dose on thots.

My 50 year old mother, who never used a computer in her life, was pressured into using social media by her friends because it's cheaper and more convenient. So I got her a smartphone.

Within weeks she was digging up her old photos from decades ago and asking me to put them on her profile. And then the jealous, petty insults from other old people started. She was obsessed why anyone would insult her but she didn't back down. She would insult them back and constantly refresh anticipating replies. She shittalked and immediately ran to me to block someone last week. Things got worse when she found video chatting and started showing off my house. Her less successful couldn't stand it. They said she stole it from a magazine and that got her really riled up.

Social media is cancer

I don't see how. Jow Forums and Reddit and bulletin boards are all social media.

Part of social media is the gaining of social acceptance and attention. If you use Jow Forums without namefagging it's pretty much impossible to fit that criteria.

That's a common factor amongst many social media, but not defining.

High bridged noses are more racial progressive.

What would you say a defining factor of "social media" would be then?

I always wonder what compels subhuman faggot animals like you to spout clueless drivel at every opportunity. Surely at least one of your disgusting mindless shitposts must have gotten you BTFO enough for you to realize how stupid you are by now, right?

SAN FRANCISCANS RISE UP

Haha just imagine pinning him in the floor and pounding him until you both can't contain yourselves anymore haha thatd kinda be hot lol

>boo hop genetics don't exist stop shit posting im totally not infantile!

Friends are for fun not for fucking

Fucking your friends is fun

Alan Moore's a little edgy pussy

Attached: 1437693943818.jpg (450x450, 69K)

>her

I'll just leave this here.

Attached: 48264371_149532719357784_7782255486497193984_n.jpg (564x960, 93K)

Sharing and consuming media with a group of people.

But normal people are becoming the minority, user.

All of you trap loving faggots will be deeply disappointed.

Attached: Selection_024.png (1766x909, 208K)

That's where you're wrong kiddo

Attached: comfy_gay_noises.png (1600x1316, 1.02M)

>girl

Haha wish that happened to me as a joke haha

Yeah but he means girl (male) right?

Absolutely based. Nice to see Shad's artwork getting better.
>implying a trap would admit to actually being a guy

Attached: shadman.jpg (474x732, 23K)

>Do you guys think that there's gonna be a movement away from social media or is it just gonna get bigger until it's all people care about?
As it stands right now, there's very little left on the internet that does not revolve around social media. Pretty much everyone has an account somewhere - Facebook for the slightly older netisens, Instagram for all teens, Whatsapp, Twitter for the politically interested, Pixiv or Tumbler for artsy folks, Weechat for China.

You have more and more powerful corporations controlling ever bigger portions of the internet, and lately there have been ever more scandals about censorship, demonitisation or simple banning of profiles.

What seems to be happening lately is that small subsets of disgruntled users leave established sites and form their own things or massively join some other place. As a result, the internet is getting increasingly sectioned off into semi-isolated pockets of activity.

The only interesting counter-movement to this seems to be the growing portfolio of alternative open-source software whose core value is the ability to seamlessly integrate with each other. These are things based on open cross-communication protocols like ActivityHub or OStatus that are used by GNUSocial and Mastodon.

It seems that some of those disgruntled users earlier are flocking to these places. If you open any Mastodon instance right now you'll see hundreds of "Introduction: trans/zhe/attack helicopter, etc." posts. Whether these instances will remain openly federated in the future or will decide to wall themselves off is anyone's guess at this point.

Attached: preview-9a17d32fc48369e8ccd910a75260e67d.jpg (1201x630, 285K)

I know there's some blockchain project or two that wants to make decentralized social media with complete control over your own data... But I'm fairly certain those projects are just ICO scams who grabbagged some buzzwords.

Still I think there will always be some desire to be able to look up and connect with people whom you've known.

I think the future of social media will be a deeper level of activity you will have with other members. I feel like the obsession with social media "currency" (likes, followers, etc) will die out at some point. It's just another form of advertising like advert banners that's just more interactive. I think there will be a point where no one gives a fuck what Wendy's public twitter has to say after people get over the surprise of seeing them saying something either insightful or not completely out of touch. Eventually as these corporations get better with blending in with the general discussion of netizens, they will just look more like nosey and annoying invaders.

Real, honest human connections win in the end, it's just we're stuck in abit of a fever dream where we all pretend to be public figures on social media. That or the opposite may happen, and social media presence may become monetized better and they'll truly be the next wave of celebrities while plebeian netizens groupthink and clutter around vapid personalities even more than they do now. It's certainly moving in that direction now, but I feel that will evaporate at a point, leaving a desire to use the net to find increasingly like-minded people to connect with.

Attached: 1349003179568.jpg (427x394, 21K)

Attached: ye olde implication.jpg (425x470, 90K)

dumb teenbro

fuck off fag

Attached: 1538364188895.png (760x839, 760K)

Youtube is social media.

If what you say is true then the significance to me is that people are (either wholly or in part) rejecting a technology that they've known and used their whole life, rather than something they had no familiarity with at all.

>flex
You have to go back

>hit
>miss
pick one

/thread

You don't belong on a Technology board if you have a two digit IQ that allowed you to fall for such an obvious bait, newfriend.

Hi Shad

thats a man

not yet

There is, just few days ago there was article that 100 000 Finns leave Facebook every year and are not entering another platform. Keep in mind this is country of 5 mil so that's enormous amount.

He looks better without make up

Hack the planet!

I had the impression there was already a movement against social media going on here in the Netherlands.

Well, only against Facebook. People are stopping with Facebook. Not so much other social media.