Comptia A+ 901 & 902

I'm about to take my 901 and 902 exams, any advice Jow Forums?

Attached: Comptia Book.jpg (4032x3024, 2.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

comptiaexamtest.com/A 220-902/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what kind of resources did you use for studying? take any practice tests? how hard is it to master for someone who knows how to assemble a computer, can diagnose things, and can install arch without a guide?

for advice? don't fail. zing.

I got the book, Testout, and that's about it really...

I took a class and it was major overkill. However, I do recommend looking at practice exams and going through each specific area the exam tests for. A few things like common ports and RAM specifications need to be memorized. Messer's stuff works fine, I listened to it at work.
I'm not sure it's worth anything once you have it though.

Same, I have to take this to get into a certain program at my school.

free resources: professor messer videos on YouTube can not be beat. Also check out the exam objectives released by CompTIA, they give you a whole document of objectives and items which will be on the test.

paid resources: udemy course or pay extra and get the CompTIA official study software.
Best of luck to all anons

cheat
comptiaexamtest.com/A 220-902/

A+ cert is mostly useful as toilet paper imo

>t. got A+ cert in 2007

What the actual fuck

>I'm not sure it's worth anything once you have it though.
foot in door for entry level tech jobs (geeksquad, microcenter type stuff)

Hasn't helped at all with that, geeksquad wants 1-3 years professional experience or internal promotion which requires no cert.

idk, i lied and said my studying was a handson internship, but i lie for fun most of the time so i didn't realize what i had done until after i got hired.

>comptiaexamtest.com/A 220-902/
well, thank you good user. I'm not the op, but it will help me

Thanks, I might look into that

Got a link to that Comptia doc?

Bump

Any sites like these but for AWS certs?

Just study a lot of facts if you know the basis of computers. A very, very large portion of it is theory. Also printers. Like 30%+ of my questions were about printers so prepare for that. I imagine it doesn't happen to everyone, but it sure as fuck happened to me.

Save your money and get a Network+ cert instead

Can deny, I only have A+ cert and have $53k/yr job in cheap rural area working as level 2 support that requires at least one of the base CompTIA certs (A+, Net+, or Sec+).

>t. got A+ cert in 2016

Is this real? Is it worth it to spend the time going over these or will I get scammed?

>I only have A+ cert and have $53k/yr job
lol, the help desk peasants at my company don't even have a cert and they earn $60k+
A+ is fucking useless

I studied for about 5 hours, just watch a couple youtube videos and go over some flash cards and you should be fine.

fug, I would be ecstatic with $40k/yr...wtf

Where in the world do you work? My living expenses are ~$9k/yr with rent + utilities.

Take what he says with a grain of salt, I used to work a help desk position at $10/hr in Jacksonville, Florida. A good wage in help desk there is $12/hr. He's probably in a very high cost of living area where $60k/yr is nothing.

A large financial institution. Also this

Both of those people that you quoted are me. I specifically asked that question because I knew the wage was being misrepresented.

>Get A+ in 2012
>Work in small east coast town for $7.25/hour while I go to school
>Finally gonna make those big bucks
>Best paying job is $13/hour for net admin with database experience + web dev experience required.
>fugg
>End up working help desk for a college
>Make $9/hour
>6 years on the job, I'm making a whopping $10.25/hour
>want to die
>quit in September
>going back to school come January in a less destitute field.

You need to git gud. None of the call center monkeys have any certs (or relevant degrees... fucking art history and gender studies majors)

Dude you have plenty of experience just rewrite your resume correctly & you'll get into sysadmin easily

Have you considered trying for military bases? They require secret clearance, but subcontracting companies are willing to cover the cost of that.

nah, he posts on Jow Forums
he aint never getting a clearance

What makes you think I'm not gud?

You might be good, but you ain't gud
Otherwise you would have already be gud

But I post on Jow Forums and I have a clearance. Granted I got this when I enlisted so the Army covered that cost without batting an eye. Something worth looking into because at my site, we're still looking for a tech and finding one is NOT easy. It's one of the few industries where hiring people to subcontract is actually WORTH it because of how difficult it is to get someone for one reason or another.

901 is simple hardware crap
902 is simple software shit mainly gonna be Windows though you might get some Linux and Mac questions but still nonetheless easy
good luck

lol, three-letter agencies have the same problem too. 6 months to 2 years of vacant entry-level positions

I have a TS that is still active and I started using Jow Forums from my barracks room.

Why the hell would I want to join the army right now? Jow Forums keeps saying WW3 is near and based on France I’m starting to believe them.

Being a sub =! being in the Army
You will be someone's personal dickcozy though, and you will learn to get used to it

>someone's personal dickcozy
That’s the best description of being a trooper I’ve heard.

It was a bondage joke

Pretty much just skimmed that book and passed it a few years back. It's really hard to know how much studying you will need without knowing your background.

I don't have any on the job experience and I'm not that big of a techy. Never even built my own PC. That background enough?

Thanks Mr. Obvious

Attached: YNyketZ.png (700x732, 715K)

>geeksquad
>entry level
>tech job
don't fucking do it. its not a tech job, and its not entry level. its below entry level. its just a hole you crawl into with nowhere to go but down.
t. Consultation Agent

I made about 42k for my first tech job with just an A+ in the DFW area. None of the areas I've lived in paid less than $15/hr for actual helpdesk. You guys sure you're not applying to some shitty call center?