>Cheap electronics?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7 (embed)

Attached: b0b6fe47-5fbf-42ab-93e8-52cda6fb7334_1.e9dccc04a8545fc6e8e7adba0a826e93.jpg (450x450, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidexplained.com/galaxy-s5-install-custom-rom/
change.org/p/european-parliament-stop-the-censorship-machinery-save-the-internet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll start since I'm a poorfag.
I got xfinity that gives me 100 mbps/10mbps.

I have a Netgear wgr614 version 9 from 2007-2008, has a max of 54 mbps. College poorfag, need a cheap router, less than

I asked in the last thread if I could swap my SSD with Windows installed into my Sandy Bridge Thinkpad and still boot. I figured it wouldn't boot, but I tried it anway and for the record, it works perfectly fine after I installed the drivers AND it seems Windows is still activated.

Not sure if this still happens or not, but you may run into some issues with your activation when Windows tries to update and sees a different hardware config

If you have Windows 10, take a screenshot using snip & sketch.

Is the notification sound cut off for you as well or is it just a problem on my machine?

Thanks.

Attached: file.png (600x337, 373K)

Is there some way to install linux without having the necessary graphics drivers for your monitor?
In my case I am installing on a laptop with a less common graphics card and I don't know how to make the GUI come up without the necessary drivers.

How do I install custom software to replace the stock Samsung software (Touchwiz?) on my galaxy s5?

>How do I install custom software to replace the stock Samsung software (Touchwiz?) on my galaxy s5?
androidexplained.com/galaxy-s5-install-custom-rom/

Can somebody explain to me the difference between the Hamming metric and the Lee metric?

From what I have managed to understand they are used for different channels, but what channels are those?

Is the Lee metric used for linear q-ary channels and the Hamming metric used for symmetric q-ary channels?

Attached: 1544273747850.jpg (1024x768, 329K)

Outside of necessity, why is it that phones have seemingly been stuck with 8GB RAM for so long?
I know not much would need, say, 16GB RAM, but why is it that no flagship phones have more than 8GB nowadays?

Literally why the fuck would a PHONE need more than 8GB of RAM?
Even Windows 10 (which is even more bloated than Android) runs just fine with 8.

Yeah, I'm aware a phone doesn't need more than that, I'm just wondering why it is that 8GB seems like the max.
I've found a few rumoured phones (Turing Cadenza for example) with over that, 12GB, but that's a supposed dual CPU phone, with dual 6GB buffers.

>I'm aware a phone doesn't need more than that
So why are you surprised phones aren't coming with more RAM?
Why would a manufacturer spend more for no performance gain?

I'm not surprised, as I said, I'm just wondering why it is that nobody's done it.
Figuratively speaking, they could claim it's better for gaming or something, since you know those sorts of people would probably believe them.

Any good monitors for $100? I'm looking for something that's at least 1920x1080 and VGA or Display Port compatible. Refresh rate doesn't matter because I don't play video games but I do want something that'll look good and last a while.

Attached: 1544359199729.jpg (640x640, 104K)

The reason that phones are upwards of 8GB RAM is because of the fact that even the Snapdragon 855 & Helio X30 support up to 8GB.

Are they charging you a monthly lease fee for the modem? In that case you would be better off spending a little more and getting a modem router combo so you can send their shit back.

How do I get meme blur on my i3? Compiz? I know compton has shit performance with blur.

What is a Jow Forums approved capture card that's the best bang for the buck? Looking to spend $100-ish. Dont need 4k. 1080p is decent enough.

What are some good active-use earphones? Nothing expensive or audiophilic, it's a gift for someone who just wants a decent inexpensive pair.

>mobo having some problems
>reset bios
>make some changes to boot properly
>things are working again
>second plugged in to GPU is not detected
Anyone know what might be happening here?

What's the best time to buy hardware? Are there charts to illustrate how prices drop over months/years?

Anyone have that monitor purchase guide infographic?

What's the fastest high capacity RAM assuming money is not an issue? PassMark benchmarks seem to show a gap between the fastest in terms of latency, read, write.

any Dell ultrasharp off Ebay you can find
try: U2412, 2009WT, etc

Are the hybrid tubes overly flexed?

Attached: IMG_20181210_043325.jpg (1630x1531, 587K)

Uhhhh
Derrr.
WHAT? These ARE the same things, right?

Attached: 1544112683404.jpg (1522x605, 111K)

Nah, my brother bought it years ago, there is no fee for leasing, we own it.

also my modern is an arris surfboard sb6183, that can handle up to 680~mbps speeds. my router is the bottleneck here

is it worth buying ddr3 ram in the year "2019"? i have a 4790k and not planning to upgrade soon. i've been with the same kit of 4x2gb 1600mhz since 2009 with my q6600 and it's starting to be lacking in newer titles. i found a nice kit of 2x8gb 2400mhz for 80 europesos and a 2x4gb 2666mhz for 55.
i plan to keep 4gb of my old ram and oc to bring them as close to the new ram as possible (if i buy).

i need some cheap spinning storage. should i buy now or wait for more price drops?

On Windows 10 when I try to change my microphone's quality format, it keeps reverting it to the lowest quality and it sounds like shit, wat do?

I would make a custom boot disk that has ssh turned on by default. Or find one that does.

something is dying or dead. You can fuck around with it for weeks or you can bite the bullet and remove everything but one stick of ram from the motherboard and boot. Then add one thing and boot. Probably want to reset your "changes"

I need something that will broker a VNC/RDP/whatever connection out of a firewalled system to my server and then allow people to connect to that system through the server. Before I get all fucking hackery and look into C2s is there a more off the shelf option?

What's the best alternative to the standard Facebook app on Android?
Is there any real difference between Maki, Friendly, Folio, Phoenix, etc.?

I need a GOOD wireless keyboard/mouse combo. Decent battery life, full size keyboard, clicky and stronk scroll wheel, etc
I don't care about DPIs tho.

Alternatively, a decent BT mouse will do fine.

Is there any harm in running chkdsk on a large HDD for a literal week?

Has anyone tried using those cheap modded socket 775 Xeons? I have an old socket 775 motherboard with a core 2 duo and I was wondering if they are worth it.

Should I get iPhone x or samsung s9 or Google pixel 2? Suggestions

so I got cs go from steam and went into practice with my 360 controller and the aiming keeps inverting itself just for like a second and then working like normal. only does it for up/down but side to side works fine. what gives?

Anyone here good with wordpress? I don't understand why I would need to have the Really Simple SSL plugin when i have my site configured with cloudflare

Can someone here hack me but not destroy my computer?

whats the best router for an 100 mbps internet connection? budget is ~$150

How long does it typically take to get a package from China? I ordered a Rock64, and was hoping it would get here before Christmas.

I ordered it around the end of November, tracking hasn’t updated since Dec 1st

The game has weird controller support.
Mostly because using a controller is a gargantuan hindrance in that game.

Different sellers probably.

I bought a 2400g a while back to use for light gaming and home theater applications

Bought a vega 56 to beef up the GPU side last week and I can't figure out how to get my dedicated graphics to work

I'm using an asrock itx x370 board, anyone know where the dgpu settings are?

my samsung phone fails to detect my computer on download mode when I'm flashing stock rom. Is there anything I can do? I'm too lazy do factory reset and backups.

Sure what’s ur IP address?

Sorry, didn't mean to respond to you. my bad.

SOS HERE PLEASE!!
I've catastrophically committed a terribly stupid mistake and all hope seems lost in my puny miserable life, ANONS

> Make new build 3 weeks ago
> Case hasnt arrived yet (from asia), so motherboard is just on the open inside cardboard box
> Everything working perfectly fine
> Try to connect usb cable at night in the dark
> Accidentally touch the motherboard with USB metal tip
> PC suddenly shuts down. Won't power on no matter what.
>After turning on PSU, some led lights show green and, after a few seconds, turn red.

I've tried clearing the CMOS by disconnecting the battery jumper. Didn't do anything.
Have I fried my motherboard?
Is there any chance it is the PSU or any other component at this point?

I need to order the new piece ASAP as I need my PC running urgently since I'm a lonely 0 social life depressive user ;_;

I'll probably make a new thread out of this..

And now the top one is sold out. Holy fucking shit, I do not learn my lesson. I fucking post something here and it's fucking GONE. Right outta my shopping cart. Thanks, guys.

best way to get microsoft office for free?

This is the thing i am typing in cmd to convert a show into x265
>ffmpeg -i "donuts.mp4" -c:a aac -strict experimental -c:v libx265 -preset veryslow donuts2.mkv

How do I make this process automatic so that all the files in the folder use the same rules get converted and renamed to (episode2.0)
Like in one folder all get converted in a batch
>cake ->x265 to cake2
>candycane ->x265 to candycane2
>gummybears ->x265 to gummybears2

anyone?

dude why? don't ask for this

how so? barely play pc games desu besides emulator

So, I'm needing to use some phones that I have to create wifi for my PC for a little bit.
They're all operating off of 129 Kb/sec but I've tried bridging the three connections to make it faster overall,
two of them seem to be doing well, but the third doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. Why is this? Is there a way to fix it?

It isn't unique to the device, if I restart the computer and the devices change numbers then the issue still happens with the device that my PC labels as "Ethernet 8".

It'll send and receive data sometimes, but most of the time it's just idle.

Attached: iuyf.png (1444x452, 51K)

mouse is better with precise, quick movement - CS:GO doesn't have autoaim

By downloading Open Office.

install gentoo

search for "Razer mouse" on Amazon. It's a blue light up fake mouse by e-3lue but it's $20, wireless, and works like a charm.

Best VPN on the market right now?
Can't trust the wiki if it doesn't stay up to date weekly at the least.

Attached: 1515120388221.png (1024x768, 1.05M)

the p in vpn is referring to the privacy of the connection between two endpoints of the tunnel
if you are using a vpn to browse the web, you are not doing so privately

brought my desktop computer to the other side of the house, and now it can't connect to the wifi wirelessly an brings up a shitty error about needing an ethernet cable. What the fuck do I do?

also its a windows 10 desktop PC I got a couple years ago for anyone who cares

Why does my computer get 4Mb/s download speed over wifi when my phone gets 30Mb/s from the same location? My computer can upload at 30Mb/s, but it's right snoggered for downloading.

Attached: bored_imouto.gif (500x281, 476K)

What kind of conector is this?

Attached: sqt.jpg (500x366, 47K)

Make sure you have the GPU connected to your display.

okay i don't know anything about pc gamin so sure but is there a fix

You need to use Odin and with Windows OS.

I started managing the cables at my company's network. Is it safe to pull off NAS ethernet cable for a second until I untangle the cable, then plug it back on?

There have been contests of controller users and mouse users going head to head. The controller users got demolished each time. A mouse is just much more precise. Like the difference between pointing your finger at someone and using your thumbs to make a robot point at someone.

I'm a casual player, I just want my controller to work proper 2bh

I know, and you will find a solution (probably not here). But you need to realise that you're just going to lose again and again if you play with a controller. You can only kill someone you get the drop on.

Im trying to run spotify thru winamp for milkdrop.
Stereo mix is missing linein will not work and it will not show up in my disabled devices either.
Can not find any links to realtek drivers and from what ive heard apparently w10 doesnt even support it anymore.

Anyone know of a workaround?

I know this is /sqt/ but jesus fuck man I'm not braindead.

Is there any way to bypass an iPad that says "this device is managed by another computer"?

give it back, jamal.

I promised to fix it so I guess I'm somewhere in that equation. I just never seen that message before.

gpu drivers installed?
which motherboard?
have you checked all of the bios?
without knowing specifics, there's not much to help with desu

PLEASE HELP
is a bluetooth 2.0 dongle enough for a good wireless gamepad experience or would i experience significant lag?

Are watches technology?

Yes
AB350 gaming itx/ac
the bios is supposed to have settings under the south bridge tab for igpu/dgpu but it's not showing up

BIOS reads the gpu as installed properly but windows does not.

Bump please

Which is better for a PS3 drive, GPT or MBR?
I bought one from Gamestop for $15, it's a 320GB HDD that needs to be initialized according to disk manager, but I don't know anything about hard drives.

Plug it into a windows machine and format it

What do I search for to find hard drive bay screws? I'm in need of literally 2 at the moment, but I might as well buy a fuck ton of spares.
Like, what size do I look for or something? I don't know where 2 of my drive screws went, so it's a little spooky.

why is no one on Jow Forums seemingly unconcerned with "Article 13"?

everyone will be affected.
Jow Forums will die since 90%+ is copy pasta.

sign the petition to stop the insanity:

change.org/p/european-parliament-stop-the-censorship-machinery-save-the-internet

>inb4
any stupid remark

I've had this really annoying static sound from my headphones for a while now that acts kinda strange, it will start getting louder when i open games or just random software and then stop when i grab the window bar on the top.

Any idea what it might be? i used to think it my aux plug was fucked but since its reacting to what i do on the computer maybe its the sound card? if so how do i fix it?

Attached: 2b30df0f_rare_celebrity_photos_4.jpg (480x282, 29K)

i need this question answered. a while ago my laptop started being extra loud with the fan. it has never done this before, its like always running louder now. why? is my GPU dying or something?

Been offered an ex mining gigabyte 580 8gb for £130. Is this any good? Do gigabyte make good cards?

i recently reinstalled 4chanx to fix the 4channel stuff and i can't find the goddamn setting that makes images expand in-thread but resizes them so they fit in the screen.

I want to learn more about firewalls. From where should I start? I have my isp modem + a dlink router with tomato (it's the best I can get unfortunatelly). Can I do good with it?

This might come off incredibly vague, but I don't remember the exact details so bear with me for a bit. After all, this thread is for stupid questions, right?
A few years ago, specific obfuscated images used to circle around non-blue boards here, where they had certain parts of them "censored" with a rectangular, colored (gradients of basic colors: red, green and blue) pattern of pixels. The pattern varied through images, being a spiral (this kind was the most popular, or rather I saw images like that most frequently) or seemingly noise. The question is: what is this technique called? And how is it reversed?
These images were made, so you could somehow reverse the "censoring" process, revealing the true image. Sometimes, the entire image would be obfuscated by that, and sometimes only certain parts (mostly nsfw fapbait really).
It' not steganography nor "file images", these I know of, and it's not that.

Attached: 1512575207436.jpg (1692x2048, 652K)

Can I just use the default Manjaro i3 config on Antergos? I just installed Antergos i3 and its throwing up error messages for the config that I can't make sense of.

This thread is useless. People just post a question and don't help anyone else.

your're useless

Open that bitch up and check the fans, their bearing. If they're dirty or that kinda shit, just clean it. You can also use non-conductive lube in small amounts around the bearing or other contact surfaces, so if it's the mechanism that makes the sound, lube should take care of it.
You should've opened it in the first place desu

eli5: Why can't every OS update the way Chrome OS updates? It's insanely painless.

yes

If I were to use Google Drive desktop app to backup 1 specific folder to the cloud and sync it constantly as a backup, if a file in that folder corrupted for some reason, will it replace the good file on the cloud automatically?

And other question: I have 4 hard drives. Is there a program that keeps an automatic backup of specific files and folders on all the drives/partitions?

If I could actually help anybody I wouldn't be here.