How do you approach learning? you try to memorize everything? even the small things that you probably will never use...

how do you approach learning? you try to memorize everything? even the small things that you probably will never use? how do you decide what stuff is worth memorizing and what is not?

Attached: photo_2018-09-12_22-17-47.jpg (1280x856, 120K)

>how do you approach learning?
Spaced repetition
>how do you decide what stuff is worth memorizing and what is not?
Is it going to make me more money or guarantee me a job in the future.

There is no reason to learn anything unless it will make you more money or get you more pussy

>There is no reason to learn anything unless it will make you more money or get you more pussy

Smells like brainlet

Smells like a virgin
enjoy your "passion" or whatever you call your excuse for being afraid of sex

I had no idea that some people have to plan how they're going to learn

Attached: 1541502845943.png (422x357, 161K)

How does such a perfect qt exist?
She's so cutttee!
I just want to...
Oh, right Op's question... Um
Practice, Find what you can latch onto, being interested in a subject will help you do that, some people have naturally good memories, I don't, some people have specific ways of remembering things that manifest themselves in very odd patterns of what they can easily remember or not, I'd say i'm like that, though it is a matter of effort too.
Sometimes it's just a matter of time, you'll remember bits and pieces of something that you learned very well earlier, that can be built on over time.
Sometimes you really need to do it, sometimes hearing is better than reading, but hearing takes to long, etc. I don't know... It varies

And this, motivation is important

Laura Belanova

>how do you approach learning?
read, reflect, practice.

based lera poster

I do the thing. I look up how to do the thing until the thing is done. Then I do it again. This teaches me why and how it works, which gives me context and enhances memory recall.

I start with something I want to do and then learn the tools to help me do that.
It's not as comprehensive as other methods, and I have a hodgepodge of different things I can do and understand parts of, but sometimes that is useful if you want to then go deeper into something, you already have a basis formed.

Attached: 1312419178901.gif (141x141, 483K)

bella > laura

Practice a little every day and be patient. But also know when to take breaks. Say you practice something for an hour, so then reward yourself with 30mins of leisure.

Also abstracting your problems into smaller parts helps loads in any type of learning.

So remember to practice everyday, reward yourself, be patient and break your problems into smaller bits.

research topic
practice topic
KEY POINT: make mistake
KEY POINT: troubleshoot mistake

>There is no reason to learn anything unless it will make you more money or get you more pussy
>learning something to get pussy
that shit is innate son

Attached: 1544390354248.png (697x515, 441K)

You need a goal. Don't say "I am going to learn chemistry!" because that's terribly nonspecific and could take a lifetime of you let it. Say "I'm going to learn to make LSD!" and then you have a list of things you need to master before you can do it.

It depends on the topic.
If it's something I can learn by doing, I do it, if it's something I can only learn by reading I read it.
Sometimes I do both.

If you create a solid mental model for the subject, you won't need to try to memorize. Everything will fit together and every concept will help you learn the rest.

It's true that there are times when memorization is necessary but these can be reduced.

>I base my entire life around female validation because I have low self-esteem that I project on to others
baka desu senpai

*opens that folder again*

How are you supposed to learn with these distractions?

Just get it man. Its not that hard.

Attached: e4f7cb36.jpg (1280x706, 125K)

you should try it, I thought the same after going through a PHD but after starting a couple pretty high speed jobs which came with just retarded amounts of infodumps, I came up with some pretty dope and quick ways of mentally storing and categorizing things. This let me have a lot more time to do other shit. Can't be studying all day i got meetings and shit to run

There's different approaches for different things.
Languages(not programming): Memorize the important shit, then once you are good enough to understand try to learn passively with podcasts etc.
Programming: learning by doing. Have a goal, work towards that and figure stuff out on the way.
STEM: understanding and implementing is more important than memorization. Aim at a big theory in which you fit the other stuff. The more you add, the more stable your understanding will become.
philosophy: Read. Think about it while reading and don't stop. The more the better. You will forget most of it but the main ideas will stick.
Law: Understand the logic behind it. The rest is just memorization.

Also always important: memorization means you should review something just before you are about to forget it. The harder it is to recall the better (as long as it still works).

anyone have luck with photographic memory type techniques?

>I came up with some pretty dope and quick ways of mentally storing and categorizing things
Then tell us.

I don't memorize anything. Learning has nothing to do with memorization. It's about understanding.
You don't learn calculus by memorising equations, you learn calculus by getting an intuitive grasp of it by trying to put yourself into a mode where you can think with calculus.
You don't learn a language by memorising words and phrases, you learn a language by listening to it until your mind starts ticking in rhythm to the language and you start to hear past the accent and then reading it until the way words are combined and used makes sense in your head.
I learn anything which interests me and then I find out how I can monetize it afterwards, in general if you're good at something then you're well placed to compete with other people in that area. It makes no sense to start learning something you have no interest for and no knack for because you'll just be miserable for the entire duration of you trying and being shit at it.

>It makes no sense to start learning something you have no interest for and no knack for
I'd argue though that generally speaking when you start something you always have no knack for it and most of the times you are only temporarily motivated rather than interested. True appreciation of a topic comes from getting decent at it. There's an initial investment of time required.

You can generally tell if you're going to be completely fucking hopeless at something forever vs having a chance of being good at it.
I'm not saying that I was good at everything from the first moment but in general I've enjoyed a fair bit of beginners' "luck" with the things I eventually got into doing.

I'm not so sure. I knew a lot of people that said they would never be able to do STEM and after helping them they eventually got really good by themselves. ("a mind for numbers" talks about this for example)

some people think that the amount of girls you take to bed, shows how successful you are at life

While I agree with you to an extent, the mind learns best by first understanding, and then going through rote repetition until it becomes second nature. This is why you memorize multiplication tables as a child.

not in class right now that's for sure

>law
>logic
Top zozzle my dude. Friendly reminder that a US judge banned 7n6 as armor piercing ammunition despite it being demonstrated that it was not armor piercing, was not of sufficient diameter to be banned by the law cited, and did not meet any of the criteria that would have been necessary to be banned by that law if it did qualify.

There's more countries with law than the US user...

i just honestly rely on my mind to subconciously memorize things while at school, but that isn't exactly the best method

Attached: whom'st.jpg (600x848, 85K)

Guess the likelihood of me needing to know it.

Memorizing: I just write everything down on a piece of paper over and over again until it sticks.