Is there any way to set the number of lines scrolled each time I flick the mouse wheel on Linux...

Is there any way to set the number of lines scrolled each time I flick the mouse wheel on Linux? Windows does this pretty well

Attached: Capture.png (400x455, 16K)

RTFM

I have. the setting literally doesn't do anything

Imagine thinking about the lines your mouse wheel scrolls at a time. Imagine your life is so boring you care about this shit.

Attached: VSwXw.png (639x505, 45K)

there sure is some long-ass set of commands that will take you 2 days to type in, just like linux users like it

that's exactly the settings I've tried, does literally nothing on the browsers

Welcome to GNU/Linux

>people keep saying linux is customizable
>you cant even do basic shit like this

Just press space bar lol.

well at least you have hundreds of unusable hobby projects you can choose from

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>you don't aktchually need it, bro

lmao you are retarded

imagine scrolling your wheel 5 times only to scroll 1 page
imagine using mouse at all, lol bruh why you care? are you life so empty you care about your mouse not working?
imagine imagining, lol are you life so boring you have to imagine stuff?

OP try imwheel

>scrolling through webpages
S P A C E nerd, it's the biggest key on your board and works 10x as well

Attached: 1528341371296.png (249x250, 88K)

which just sends multiple scroll events, so applications that expect only one become completely unusable

What browser? I noticed that, in KDE, Firefox did what you describe but Qupzilla didn't.

I wish I could help you OP, but for all the things I like about Linux, mouse settings aren't one of them. Nearly every distro is an absolute clusterfuck of conflicting input systems and only one of them actually does anything.

It's likely that your distro changed input systems recently and it was documented in some obscure place. I'd recommend asking a community specific to your distro for help, but even then you will have to wade through the same dumb non-answers you got here (just do x other thing dude it's almost the same!)

Attached: images(2).jpg (525x394, 26K)

>Windows does this pretty well
lost

Attached: 1542850962634.jpg (680x684, 91K)

Firefox and chromium. Not sure what qupzilla is but the point is finding a system wide fix, not hacks for specific applications.
>u dont aktchually need it bruh

So no fix then? Does nobody know how this shit actually work?

imagine being so incompetent that you think having multiple graphical interfaces to evdev is "conflicting input systems"

So why do neither chromium nor firefox respect this supposedly universal variable?

Shit like this is what keeps me from switching to Linux and makes me realize that it's just a hobby OS not even fit for internet browsing since you can't adjust how many lines mouse wheel will scroll.
>inb4 linux is just a kernel
Fuck off.