LOUT COMPILES FASTER THAN YOUR PDF READER CAN REFRESH. I DARE YOU TO EVEN ATTEMPT THIS CUCKTEX FAGS

It's 2018
you're either:
>a word/libreoffice cuck
>cucktex user that thinks he's cool because he has 3 gigs of literal bloat that he'll never use
>le ebin lukesmith groff user. absolutely retarded in every way
Explain in 2 lines why the FUCK you haven't taken the LOUT pill yet?
The ENTIRE lout system, including the typesetting and converting fits onto a FLOPPY DISK. Plus unlike groff it uses postscript fonts so you're not limited to literal 70's garbage.
>Lout makes it easy to mix text and graphics. You can draw lines, arrows and boxes, scale and rotate objects, use color commands. While many of these things are possible in LaTeX by including Postscript files generated by utility programs such as xfig, you have to specify the size of each included figure, losing a lot of Lout's flexibility.

the "core" latex package is over 100x bigger than all of lout and you won't use 99% of it. Yet it can only be packaged this way because the design of latex is fucking retarded.
lout has the simplicity and ease of use of groff -ms or -me while being just as powerful as latex fot most
also the latex syntax is fucking trash and isn't as intuitive as .pp or @PP. Additionally they way lout handles bolding, underlining etc is so much fucking better than anything else it's hard to go back.
Basically you have the choice between:
>buetiful C code, no dependencies, compiles in an instant with nice syntax
>hacked together bullshit which is essentially impossible to properly compile on your own (even fucking portage has problems, you constantly have to unmerge tex packages to get them to update)
>disguesting syntax filled with dogshit backslahes, like 15 lines worth of a header, needs to pull in 25 packages just to output a simple document and it'll spike your CPU at 100% when doing so because to output to pdf it goes through like 4 different formats.
read through this and enjoy:
adrianjwells.freeuk.com/lout.pdf

Attached: lout-2018-12-09_21.42.29.webm (1600x900, 1.54M)

Hi Luke

lmao
there's a not a single shittube video and only like 3 plebbit posts in the last 10 years about lout.
This is patrician only software nig

math/formula support?

absolutely
graphics, images, background colors, bib database etc etc.
Think groff without autistic pre-processing, it's all one 5ish mb binary. vanilla vim even has proper syntax highlighting for it.
read the user guide in the OP
pic related is literally impossible to make in groff

Attached: 2018-12-09-1544399821.png (1049x815, 105K)

>thinks I'd write my PhD thesis in an unreliable shit just because it is fast and small

>unreliable
>has been complete and bug free for years
>works on literally any OS that can compile C
You don't know what you're missing out on.

>read the user guide
it's almost unreadable because the formatting is broken

Attached: lout.png (896x1240, 159K)

Ever consider the possibility that you're clinically retarded?

Attached: 2018-12-10-1544441356.png (712x883, 128K)

here's zathura too
what the fuck is wrong with your shit

Attached: 2018-12-10-1544441462.png (722x885, 99K)

works on your machine, right?

Attached: lout2.png (888x1125, 194K)

maybe try writing something which highlights the features of Lout?
how does it deal with hyphenation and how does it adjust spacing to optimize the appearance of the text (pic related).
how extensible is the system? for latex you have a huge repository of libraries for all sorts of things, including advanced graphics using TikZ. can Lout do the same?

Attached: OBiLO.png (824x870, 267K)

it fucks up in chromium

nigger you're so fucking inept you can't view a pdf, you wouldn't benefit from this. If the fucking javascript browser reader works fine everything else should.
There's an entire hyphenation file that you can edit, you can make your own document templates to include them and everything is built in with lout, no need for external libs and dependencies.
Read the manual, it outlines pretty much all it can do.

Attached: 2018-12-09-1544378466.png (1063x720, 135K)

see . ungoogled chromium v.70.whatever
fix your shit dummy

Attached: 2018-12-10-1544441781.png (1049x962, 149K)

Were you not beaten enough as a child?

lmao nigger you can't even look at a fucking pdf, let alone write a document.
fuck off

Attached: 2018-12-09-1544388485.png (931x490, 139K)

nice try adrian

Nobody takes nigglets seriously, so stop acting like one. I'm not the guy with the broken pdf rendering.

>Since then the system has been steadily improved and extended. Optimal paragraph
breaking and automatic hyphenation were copied from Donald E. Knuth’s TEX system [6], and the optimal paragraph breaking algorithm was applied to the problem of producing optimal page breaks.
cool system you got there bruh

in all seriousness, the author made a pretty cool system, but insufferable spergs like you give it a bad image

Attached: The+last+parrot+sounds+like+that+angry+little++midget+_3f0a12b29c090302535b30185fe12a87.jpg (473x427, 76K)

it's the best of groff with the best of latex
it's just massively unpopular

actually, if you look at
in groff it's impossible to have the second column start under the header like that. I literally tried for hours with -ms, -me and mom.
You can do it in latex with a block of text that you have to look up.
Because of how lout places shit, you can literally just add empty lines or objects wherever the fuck you want, making it easy to format weird things on the fly without having to troubleshoot

LaTeX is more beautiful, lout looks like shit.

Does it support RTL text? Because except LibreOffice (with some fiddling), I couldn't get anything else to work.

>he even needs to compile his fucking wagecuck office papers
>the state of Jow Forums

it doesn't. I imagine unicode support is a bit beyond the scope of a 5mb C program. groff doesn't either iirc, but I know for a fact that latex does.

It could be the perfect typesetter environment but the math doesn't look good.
I want to switch from groff but lout seems to not be able to manage semi trivial math notation.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong
@CenteredDisplay @Eq { int supp pi on 0 sin(x) = 0}
@CenteredDisplay @Eq {sqrt {{sum from i=0 to n a sub i} over {sum from k=0 to inf b sub k} } }
@CenteredDisplay @Eq {big sum from i=0 to n a sub i}

@Eq {
matrix
atleft { [ }
atright { ] }
{
row col int supp {pi over 2} on {-{pi over 2}} `f(x) `dx col y sup 2 col 0
row col 3 over 4 col a supp 2 on f col Delta
row col 1 col 1 col 1
}
}

Attached: loutmath.png (1009x741, 18K)

Kikes not welcomed here

You need to configure the eq sheet. It's kinda like a config.h for a c program I've come to discover.
Read chaper4, because the math in the manual does look a lot better than that.

Attached: 2018-12-10-1544459336.png (1091x814, 128K)

yeah even embedded in tables they look way better than what you have

Attached: 2018-12-09-1544377863.png (626x287, 13K)

Try matrix, I wonder how it could be like

yeah, maybe I'm missing something about symbol scaling but the sqrt does look pretty ugly to me, the rest looks fine though.
Try the same in groff, curious how to see how eqn outputs it.
The math is typeset correctly though and it still looks better than anything libreoffice can shit out. and I still like the syntax more than latex.

Attached: 2018-12-10-1544465436.png (874x802, 37K)

so, having read all these posts i see that this is essentially like the other systems except it is smaller and faster since you have to go in and do things yourself that other systems does automatically, it is less developed, and has less features. also it has compatibility issues. so it's pretty much the linux of text editing and processing.

does it force its users to suck multicultural tranny cock, like linux does? otherwise i don't think it will ever make it here.

what compatibility issues? You don't seem to understand what a typesetting program is
And no, it's not hosted on a public git so the only input on development is through mailing lists.

average user tries to read user guide and it doesn't print right. seems the nigger who wrote this can't even get the basics right.

> not hosted on github
well, if i wrote a type setting program that can't even print its own manual properly i wouldn't want to show the code either.

sorry but when writing, people rather focus on the writing itself rather then compensating for the type setting system's bugs and lack of features.

also everyone - notice how this idiot is attacking everyone who has any complaints. this is what people who brings shit does, because they're so used to having to defend it and trying to compensate for all the issues.

take your useless 5th grade coding project somewhere else.

>2018
>not using troff
wow what a backwards retard you are

Attached: (john (mccofy)).png (1252x948, 1003K)

>average user tries to read user guide and it doesn't print right. seems the nigger who wrote this can't even get the basics right.
That retard had something fucked. I've showed that the document is fine in a standalone reader and in the browser.
Fuck off idiot, if you don't understand why this is a great program just go back to plebbit or something.
output in groff. use whatever macros you want. I'll wait.

rofl

arabic terrorist go back to desert fuck goat

>Using a document processor at all
>Not just writing raw postscript files

I didn't realize we had so many plebs here

>output in groff. use whatever macros you want. I'll wait.
sure pay me or fuck off. my free time is far too valuable to play with retard tier tools

I'd never heard of it and after reading this thread I don't plan on every giving it a try.

based, keeping the mongoloids out. brb installing
god I love C software. It's so fucking hilarious when I see the monkeys on here sperg out about suckless/C software because they're too stupid to edit a header file

lmao, yet another sperg having a meltdown over autistic snowflake shit. top kek

>being this mad about an obscure typesetter from the 90s

Lout looks like garbage, not to mention LaTeX has far more support and community based around it which makes it easier to fix problems or find answers on stackexchange or whatever.

Also, imagine colloborating on a paper with somebody and they send you a lout file lmao
>what the fuck is lout

imagine needing a fucking internet connection to write a document.
All of lout is contained in a simple help file, but it doesn't have any of groff's limitations so it's much better.
fuck off with le latex templates and le stackexchange

>imagine needing an internet
I don't write documents in a vacuum, they're usually pieces of original research based on work before me, so having an internet connection is usually a given.

What documents do _you_ write where an internet connection is considered a luxury?

under the covers in my antibotnet zone
>not having a reference file prepared ahead of time will any potential source you can ever need
not gonna make it

lout actually stands for normies get OUT

Troff(Groff) is great, but it has very bad documentation, unironically bad, and picture/graphic support is very limited. Not to mention that maths, even if very rarely is not good as latex.
In this sense lout is great: small, fast and complete enough to produce good documents. Too bad that as I tried before, maths is displayed very badly, even compared to groff.
I was ready to jump as I saw his thread but math really is a bummer.

Came across a typesetting thread on the archives while I was looking for something else and there was an user who just discovered lout there and started pushing it. Are you him?

Why would i care? I had to recompile my shit only a couple of times per week.

Why learn it for marginal differences

because it's not marginal
software like this is rare to come by these days

>he uses a web browser addon to view his documents
evince masterrace reporting in

looks like shit compared to cucktex. cucktext is lindy

base latex looks the same as any other typesetter. You have to install literal gigs worth of shit to get it the point where you have pie graphs and shit on your pajeet overleaf resume.
I'll give you that math looks a bit better than lout, but at what cost?
but at wha

I'm sorry but that matrix doesn't look acceptable.
This is the output of eqn|groff.
The sqrt of troff is vile but the matrix looks good and the code looks a bit like lout
Why can't we have a typesetting that doesn't sucks or that is 1Gb as base installation?

.EQ
A = sqrt {
{sum from i=0 to n a sub i} over { sum from k=0 to inf b sub k}
}
.EN

.EQ I
left [
matrix {
ccol { int from {- pi smallover 2} to { pi smallover 2} f(x) ~ dx above {3 over 4} above 1}
ccol { y sup 2 above { {a sub f} sup 2} above 1}
ccol { 0 above delta above 1 }
}
right ]
.EN

Attached: 4chan-lout-groffeqn.png (1084x967, 25K)

Hm starting a new class next semester and I have a syllabus to write. I'll give this a shot

>not typing one command to install gigs of shit on your fast large 1TB SSD

>its ok for niggers to fuck my wife because her holes are stretched out anyway

because it's missing a term? I just copied what that other guy had.
The matrices look the same to me, I actually like the groff sqrt more than the lout one
oh if you mean the braces then check this out
I think the main problem with lout is that you NEED to read the 300 page manual, there's literally no other resource.
Maybe when I have the time I'll try and distill it. As of now it's looking like it's going to be my main way of producing documents and presentations. No more groff + mom + -me + my own macros and then STILL having to have latex installed for beamer, my resume, anything more complex etc.

Attached: 2018-12-10-1544493204.png (1165x687, 157K)

LLLLLLUUUUUUUUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WHERES THAT BALD MUSTACH MAN WHEN WE NEED HIM

>thinking that absolute slop o' shit made by groff looks at all acceptable either
you contrarian subhumans will never produce anything of quality and it makes me happy

No, because
1. The lower limit of the integration is too off
2. The first colimn is misaligned (it should be aligned with the center of the integral not the dx)

> actually like the groff sqrt more than the lout one
Wow, I can live with it but is waaaay too thick, to the point that looks funny.
Seriously, I can't imagine how can you prefer the troff over the lout one

>with the best of latex
except acceptable and extensible math rendering, which is the main draw of latex in the first place

none of these shitty """cool""" typesetters will ever catch on until they can at LEAST match latex's professional math rendering

here I cleaned it up a bit

Attached: 2018-12-10-1544495278.png (1564x821, 107K)

That looks beatiful aside from the sqrt, you mongoloid.

Are you taking a break from sucking cocks to post here, art faggot?

You changed the upper limit of the integral tho.

Try with small over instead of over in the integral limits and I don't know why you used those braces as delimiter of the matrix

>imagine needing a fucking internet connection to write a document.
imagine needing an internet connection to write up a document in latex
the only time i ever need to use the internet while using latex is for obscure bibtex shit, which is admittedly a hassle

the truly patrician combination is vim + latexmk using pdflatex or lualatex based on your use-case

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.38.13 PM.png (2560x1600, 1012K)

>That looks beatiful aside from the sqrt
take a look at those brackets on your matrices and kill yourself
i love that every time one of you retarded undergrads posts a thread like this you always deflect and call professionally-typeset mathematics "art faggotry"
at least we can all rest assured you will never find employment

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 4.34.19 PM.png (2560x1600, 478K)

You can achieve the fucking same with troff you uneducated faggot. Stop posting the same image in every thread, master Knuth will not come in your face as you like

oh, so you ARE the same guy from the last thread
because this is only the second time i post that particular image, since it is my document
and if you can achieve the same with troff, why have you failed to do it yet? you didn't do it last thread and you won't do it this thread because it looks like ass and no academic with two brain cells to rub together would give it a second glance when they could easily and simply generate beautiful mathematics with latex instead

here, have another image, faggot

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.47.22 PM.png (2560x1600, 738K)

But why would you want to achieve this trash?

Attached: groff.png (1084x967, 104K)

I don't know what are you talking about. It is likely that more than one person thinks you are a faggot

>Stop posting the same image in every thread,
why are you so retarded?

I was in the other thread but I never posted.
Your logic skills are showing, I hope your work doesn't require you to think too much

Smells like shill in here.

I would be more than happy with the output on the left matrix. You can play with it further if you want.

Attached: 2018-12-10-1544496997.png (1509x709, 102K)

of course you were
and Santa will make troff great again for christmas too
enjoy your toy

>xD racism

back to

back to

Am Arab, just Christian though…

If lout is so good why did you link a PDF?
Checkmate atheists

can you show me support for code-blocks?

Read the guide in the OP for more

Attached: 2018-12-11-1544509739.png (681x313, 49K)

damn man how do you hit these levels of the 'tism

ahh, but can it compile malbolge?

>get BTFO in the troff/LaTeX
>make own thread about gay hipster typesetter
Presets look like ass, less expressive that LaTeX.
What a shame.

LOL, looks it was written Pajeetsoft Word. Gay unkerned fonts, the corner of the square root has a freaking GAP through it. LMAO.

Now THIS looks like a proper professional document. Even with inferior groff-ms macros it remains a pleasure to use.
Switch to groff-mommy, Luke-kun.

Attached: IMG_20181113_010345.jpg (1041x1274, 89K)

Does it allow advance features?
Like signing?
QR code creation from fields?
Export to .odt/.doc format?
Embedded fonts?

Look at that square root sign

It's unsightly

Does any of the meme typesetting softwares (groff, troff, lout) support áèí and ő?
I had a bad enough of an experience with latex ti get them working

Let us not dwell on it

>programming text

I would love to use groff but the documentation is horrible, even respect to lout which really makes you think.
Other than that pictures, graphs are a nightmare to work with in groff.
It's a shame that math is this bad in lout because other than that it has a lot of potential, especially in 5mb of all-you-need binary.
being able to use eqn in lout would be a godsend

I'm looking to learn a typesetting system soon, why should I use Lout over Groff?

The syntax is autistic, math typesetting is utter fucking garbage compared to TeX and OP is retarded.

If you honestly care about things such as "documentation", "features" and "quality of output" your only choice is LaTeX.

What would you recommend that does all of that?