CS majors, mathmagicians and programming wizards get in here. How would you go about solving this problem...

CS majors, mathmagicians and programming wizards get in here. How would you go about solving this problem? Someone on /sci/ posted a similar question and no one could answer it, I've tried but I'm just not a good enough programmer to do so and I'd like to learn how to apply the traveling salesman solutions to such a problem.

Attached: NPproblems.png (666x666, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=Dijkstra's algorithm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no one answered it
They did. It's a specific case of traveling salesman, brainlet.

>literally day 1 on AI class
wtf is this shit

Fuck off Bezos

what kind of a problem is that even. I might be a brainlet but why the fuck would you ask to minimise the mileage while not giving the distance to delivery points

Kek

Get my drivers to figure out the routes, that's what I pay them for. Also 2 packages on the seat and two in passenger side footwell. This brings us to twenty packages per truck. It might be against regulation but we're geezers and we get shit done.

based and redpilled

toss this question out enough maybe a rando can answer it one day?

do your own homework or post on wsr

>solve the traveling salesman bro

Dijkstra

Maybe you should call UPS since they already fucking do this

put packages up ass
you don't need the trucks now
this is why you should only hire faggots

Attached: op is nigge.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

Hire another driver.

Branch and bound is enough.

>At least half of Jow Forums claims to be able to program
>Cant adapt TSP solutions to this problem
Jow Forums eternally BTFO

The only two who know anything here.

"I need data otherwise my tiny mind can't comprehend the problem" - brainlets 2018

Have my babies.

I doubt it, most people here just LARP as programmers and can't complete a fizzbuzz.

Trick question the answer is the pickup point is the destination. The trucks move 0 miles therefore the answer is "you don't need to make something when it is not needed".

lmgtfy.com/?q=Dijkstra's algorithm

Actual brainlet

Since it does not specify where the packages are going, but does say more than one can be delivered to the same place, my solution is to load 2 trucks of 16 and one of 8 packages, send them all to the same place, dump all the packages on the hapless customer, and return to base. Fuel economy maximized. QED

Fire the drivers, sell the trucks.
Give money from trucks to Senator
Get USPS to send your packages at 1/4 rate due to Senators influence.

Ditch the trucks and make the drivers walk. Solved.

This is travelling salesman, not shortest-path, idiot.