Mouse hate thread?

Mouse hate thread?
Mouse hate thread.

The best way to operate a computer is with the keyboard. It might be a few exceptions like gaming and photo editing, but there is literally no reason for devs to be a slave for the hand held pointing jew

Attached: Mouse_mechanism_diagram.svg.png (800x640, 181K)

It has it's uses, I like having it, although most things are better done keyboard only, as for the most part, you'll have to write something any way

Get a modern gaming optical mouse thats on the large side and lower the sensitivity of your mouse. Get a big mousepad. You will never get carpal tunnel and your work flow will be fast and will feel right.

are you fucking retarded low dpi and large movments is what causes carpal tunnel you fucking retard.

the best way not to get it is to run the mouse at like 16000 dpi. and barely move the mouse

Trackpoint combined with keyboard shortcuts can keep your hands off the mouse.

i use low dpi with large movements and have never gotten carpel tunnel lol

No because you use your wrist on high dpi but you use your forearm on low dpi

you actually use both on low dpi, you'd know that if you ever had a FUCKIN BRAIN

Fuck that my wrist is chilling on 400 dpi

>I've smoked for 30 years and have never gotten cancer lol
Single sample anecdotes are useless.

Don't listen to these pajeets, long strokes and low sensitivity is the cure to wrist problems

>carpal tunnel

Wasn't that debunked as just a way to get out of work?

Wrist pain. Whatever you call it. My brother uses high sens and his doctor told him he has carpal tunnel but I think he's fine.

I encourage you all to try a trackball. Industrial designer here, bought an Elecom Huge and haven't looked back, I spend several hours a day doing 3D modeling.

Large mousepad + low sens. > Trackball

I am telling you bro I have tried both

Both trackball and high sens require a strain in order to be accurate, the straining is the most important thing to avoid, hence low sens master race

What's a good heavy trackball that makes using the computer fun!

this, but what uses do you have for the mouse?

well its not single because the first poster said the same thing

It has to do with the workflow designed into the GUI

Tabbing through takes longer

Kensington has the biggest ball. You can substitute a standard billiards ball in it if you want a real heavy one.

>I don't like thing!
>I don't like thing.
>I don't like thing because thing is not as good as other thing

You don't have to use thing if you don't want to, it's okay.

yup

Attached: 2018-12-09-1544400779.png (785x498, 82K)

the 4.5" atari trak-ball from a missile command arcade cabinet.

Attached: atari-trackball-min.png (1000x599, 369K)

Mouse is faster for some things, removes ambiguity in some contexts, and allows some actions to be done without shifting keyboard focus.

Is this true enlightenment?

one of my few KENSINGTON MOUSE-IN-A-BOXes finally CRAPPED OUT on me after ~3 yrs of fairly regular use. Continually scrolling in 1 direction caused it to "HICCUP" & switch directions for a split second. mildly frustrating. but i still swear by the ol' KENSINGTON MOUSE-IN-A-BOX. worth the value. get1 today never look bacc

is your workflow intentionally designed into the gui? if so, i’m sure you know where I’m going. not that saving 60 seconds EOY really matters.

>The best way to operate a computer is in a GUI with a pen

Attached: g was wrong.jpg (1280x720, 45K)