Thoughts? How does something like this even happen?

Thoughts? How does something like this even happen?
vice.com/amp/en_au/article/pa5mng/a-16-year-old-has-died-after-being-electrocuted-by-his-headphones

Attached: Headphones electrocution.png (705x932, 455K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Hdn0MuCK_0
youtube.com/watch?v=QwqFkelUs_g
youtube.com/watch?v=kk6wLZN4X74
youtube.com/watch?v=K5C8jmbJHWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no grounding probably

Those aren't even AirPods so I have no idea what he did to put a voltage high enough on the headphones to cause it to go through the plastic and shock him.

>Vice

was this his socket?

Attached: download (1).jpg (262x192, 6K)

should have cleaned his ears

That's what happens when you buy a crappy usb charger.
They build it as cheap as possible, and 99% of the time it works just fine.
The remaining 1% you have a short-circuit and get 220V going through your phone, which is not designed to isolate that much energy from the headphone jack.

>amp/en_au
The eternal Aussie strikes again

No clue. It would require a poorly made phone (worse than the average export chinkphobe) and a terrible charger, I imagine.

Probably little to no power isolation between the two sides of the transformer in the power adapter and the phone's power circuitry couldn't handle a sudden surge of 100-240VAC so it just assploded and fried the whole board and everything attached to it.

Attached: FB3059KFU6M0516.LARGE.jpg (1024x768, 163K)

Because third world countries exist.

If it was an iphone the lack of a dedicated 3.5mm heaphone jack may have contributed to this. If the power adapter shorted and sent 240VAC through USB an adapter would have caused that to go straight to his headphones.

Those aren't the headphones that electrocuted him.

He was probably hit by lightning through open window

BAN AUSSAULT HEADPHONES

Rule of thumb: don't touch metal objects connected to a wall socket unless you are sure the grounding is proper.

That's metalophobic though

why would airpods be more likely to shock you?

rekt

>The vibrating diaphragm requires "Bias" voltage of 580V (almost no current). Relatively high signal voltage to the fixed pole(up to 300-600V) must be supplied as push-pull, a rather special electrical signal. STAX Driver unit are series of dedicated amplifiers strictly for STAX headphones.

Attached: 578-675x500.jpg (675x500, 47K)

Was he listening to ac/dc?

So, one port for both charging and earphones is actually a safety feature.

>It’s understood that he was listening to the headphones while charging his phone. According to Seven West Media, his brother also felt a small electric shock when touching the charging cable, indicating that it may have been faulty—although the make and model of the device are as yet unconfirmed.

>Mohd is at least the fourth person this year to be killed by a headphone-inflicted electric shock. In February, 17-year-old student Luiza Pinheiro was similarly found dead on the floor of her home in Riacho Frio, Brazil after a “huge electric charge” surged through her phone and the headphones melted in her ears, NewsCorp reported.

Repeat after me, goyim: WIRED HEADPHONES BAD, USB CHARGING BAD. Now, it wouldn't hurt you to shell out a few shekels for a set of Bluetooth headphones and (((wireless))) dock.

Attached: 1536795493446.png (354x365, 67K)

YES, MASTER

3.5MM JACK BAD AIRPODS GOOD

Attached: 1544224027427.jpg (636x773, 32K)

lol

>Brazil
that answers all of my questions

The charging block is supposed to step the voltage down from 240/20 to 5/1 v/a.
It didn’t. 240/20 went through his charging cable and is enough to jump across to the nearby headphone jack, delivering 240/20 to his headphones, which must’ve given him godtier audiophile sound for about 0.1 seconds before the current likely skipped through his head into the other earphone. Then just did that for a long time and he was BTFO
This is why you use surge protectors that will break the circuit if the resistance is too low (short circuit) and provide a ground that most chargers don’t have.
Either one would’ve prevented this

But the picture said that the headphones didn't cause this.

Shouldn't have been using $1.8 chink chargers built to overheat and fail.

>his brother also felt a small electric shock when touching the charging cable
Sounds like.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Hdn0MuCK_0
Don't buy wall plug appliances from stinky chinky, kids.

Attached: OxPH8tS.png (264x23, 2K)

I doubt headphones carry 220V...

Attached: 1543175958856.jpg (699x720, 48K)

>Conductor we have a problem

And no sound stage

Nadeshiko a cute

Attached: FIVE. THIS IS FIVE. IGNORE THE SIREN.jpg (730x419, 53K)

Bigclive has a channel almost entirely dedicated to crappy dodgy Chinese electronics that will fail-lethal. And yes, chances are he was using a crappy charger and did something else within that circuit that also killed him, as the enamel will short long before delivering any considerable current.

Based BT user.
Singlehandedly Saving Millions Annually from Painfull Deaths by Short Between The Headphones

Attached: article-1352308-025057EB0000044D-352_468x337[1].jpg (468x337, 29K)

Nothing to see here.

Just Darwin Awards won by people who think nothing bad could happen by using some chink shit USB charger in mains electricity.

Attached: CNCzx.jpg (4090x2709, 674K)

kek, I have a lamp that has both USB and wall charger, but if you plug it into the wall, it will send the full 220V through the USB port
It's one of these beauties:
youtube.com/watch?v=QwqFkelUs_g

Besides the usual electric showers with no ground.

It's simple really.
>shitty Brazil petrol station charger commons the USB ground with neutral wire or whatever
>shitty charger also ties neutral to the shield
>shitty phone ties chassis ground to headphones ground
>so basically a direct connection to neutral from the ground wire on the headphones
>some shit appliance dumping a lot of load into the neutral and saturating the lines, causing resistance
>excess current waiting to find a quicker path to ground
>somehow this dude completes a circuit to ground

>malaidsia
Who cares

>spilled beverage on bedsheets
that's so fucked up

Yummy!
And those creme eggs don't look too bad either ;3

I listen to music with earphones while charging my phone. Should I be worried about being killed?

Do you have a cheap and crappy chinese wall charger as well as a shitty phone?

I have three wall chargers I use interchangeably. One is from Samsung, the two other I'm not sure. How do I tell if they're good or bad? My phone is the Nexus 5X. My cable is made by CHOETECH.

check if you have 230V on the USB shield

Any g tier recommend charger?

All of them have an input of 100–240 V. I assume they're good?

My mouse legit set on fire cause of fraying wires.

Fake news to promote wireless 5G agenda

I'm glad I got the HD 598 in 2012, it's still working solid. It was a total game changer, coming from generic $30 headphones. The DAC helps too

Don't buy chink shit

CHINK'D

You must have been looking at that pic for a while to notice that

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

>Last week, a teenager was electrocuted to death while listening to headphones from a plugged-in mobile phone.

Cheap technology shorted to mains. Nothing to see here.

That's why you should use jack headphones

>iShit
Found your problem.

Attached: 1534653130046.png (1020x994, 724K)

>applehaternpcs can't differentiate between airpods and earpods
>they also can't read the line that says that the image aren't the alleged earphones
We found a way to detect the npcs, boys.

>220v
>jumping more than 0.2mm
I don't want to be too pedantic but surely you meant "went thru the phone", right user?

Seems fake unless it was a ghetto rig with a Brazilian shower head.

Attached: Widowmaker Brand Electric Heat Shower Head.jpg (259x194, 6K)

>USB port is directly next to the 3.5mm jack as is typical on most devices, with more than enough metal between to carry a current
It could have gone through the established circuits but it seems they’d burn out and break quickly. And the battery should have popped if the current was flowing as it should

Imagine you're listening to lofi hip hop 24/7 beats to study and chill to, and you just die.

no you retarded, he means check if you are getting mains voltage at the USB end (which you shouldn't be)

>Die groovin
Pretty base way to go out to be honest.

Attached: 1540227765298.jpg (354x286, 15K)

>an autopsy later confirmed that the cause of death was electrocution. It’s understood that he was listening to the headphones while charging his phone. According to Seven West Media, his brother also felt a small electric shock when touching the charging cable

Confirmed for $5 chinese charger. It was only a matter of time before this happened to someone.

That voltage wouldn't fry shit.

>NPCs spent decades crying they're N(ot)PCs, and now are butthurt when people call them NPCs.

iDiot NPCs lmao.

Attached: applet.png (696x696, 29K)

>>Imagine you're listening to lofi hip hop.

If you are listening to hip hop, then you deserve to die.

youtube.com/watch?v=kk6wLZN4X74

thunderstruck

Based and 7.1pilled

>How does something like this even happen?
AHEM
I would seem as though the victim was Dongle'd

Attached: belkin_dongle.jpg (750x621, 38K)

looks like clickbait, unless his headphones were hooked to a car battery there wouldn't be enough current to kill him.

That's just the blood of all the virgins he's deflowered

What's wrong with lofi hip hop?

Do earphones even use enough electricity to kill you?

ouch, hit him right in the dongle

only if the device powering it does, which any portable device won't unless its literally a bunch of car batteries.

wow it's almost like everybody dies sooner or later!

Or if the low power device is charging while one is listening to music and there's a massive surge that goes into the phone and into the earphones because of a lack of safety mechanisms like anti surge? Considering that most of these cases took place in third world countries I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

Attached: kogalsnake.jpg (1152x2048, 292K)

Electrician here, I get hit with 240v regularly, every week or two, how are these fucking faggots getting killed by it lmao?

Another reason not to buy chink and gook chargers.

You don't have ears, fortunately enough as an electrical kind of guy, haha.

One case occurred in Australia.

Malaysia is, and has been for a few years now, subjected to a global psyop spearheaded largely by the West (angloamerican).

If you recall they had their own war crimes tribunal. Bush/Blair guilty.

They are not towing the line.

This story is fake and it's purpose is to demonise Malaysia.

That is all.

Attached: 1544200486323.jpg (1024x1024, 198K)

youtube.com/watch?v=K5C8jmbJHWU

kid got electrocuted playing video games

You probably don't grab it with both hands

maybe Gods trying to tell you something.
Like 'you're a fuck useless electrician user, go be a plumber or I'll Zap you'. Got a theory being shocked is cumulative, use your 9 lives wisely.

Malaysia is based and somewhat anti-semitic so no surprise here.

Well hello there.

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 9K)

>buys wireless headphones
>battery explodes
Thank you jew.

>needing more than 120v outlets inside your house
>not just having the 240v and three phase outlets in the garage where you'll actually use them.
All you fucking thirdworlders had this coming.

>Voltlet COPE

How do I check that?

It is absolutely degenerate. So sayeth thy lord and so it is.