What is the worst cable/connector and why is it DisplayPort?

What is the worst cable/connector and why is it DisplayPort?

Seriously what a fat, ugly piece of shit.

Attached: displayport vs hdmi.jpg (1427x839, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1stamender.com/article.php?articlenumber=1070
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: wholepole.png (500x501, 80K)

> - A E S T H E T I C -
bent pins, inflexible cable lengths, clunky POS, even then still cannot stick to one format - CHECK. Be going it some to out-Turkey this fucker.

Attached: edid-ddc-adapter-for-dvi-displays-p6699-4169_zoom[1].jpg (1000x1000, 55K)

ai bet you like patents and dumb acronyms

>he fell for the HDMI meme

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

Display port is ok

>2018
>not using DisplayPort over USB Type C

the problem i I find with display port isn't thick cables, its that half the cables you will find are dog shit and wont work to the specs they claim they will, while being more expensive then hdmi cables that will outperform it.

I don't know if its a flaw in the tech or something that's just as simple as it needs more shielding but fuck display port cables.

stop buying shit from /csg/

name brands, I figured when were were setting the shit up a chink cable may be chink quality so I went with brands that have reputations.

for fuck sake how do they sell garbage like that.

then when I got my 4k screen I just hooked it up with hdmi because I did the looking into it. hdmi, so long as its rated for the spec, will almost always work, where as dp is a shit show.

It takes a special kind of dumb negro retard to bend a pin from a fucking DVI connector.

A few years ago there was a widespread problem with DP cables connecting power on pins it wasnt supposed to. Only like a handful of candles actually met the spec

I'm using DP cabel which came with my monitor. But I assume it takes a special kind of retard to fail buying correct quality DP cable.
Being ignorant is not an excuse.

go to buy a cable
the cable says it does something and thats its in spec from name brands
it doesn't

rinse repeat till you say fuck it and drill a hole in the desk because its easier to use the short as fuck cable the monitor came with then keep buying supposedly good cables to find the one that works.

hdmi, almost every cable conforms to spec and will do what it says it will.

>so I went with brands that have reputations.
which brands

off the top of my head i'm not going to be able to say, it was about 4 maybe 5 years ago when we were setting the damn thing up. the one where we said fuck it we'll drill a hole it kept going in and out of spec so sometimes it would work sometimes it would halve the screens refresh.

looking online everyone has this problem with display port where the only cables that work in spec guaranteed are the ones the monitor comes with everything else is a crapshoot.

I currently use hdmi, but my gpu and monitor are DP capable.
Should i go and buy a DP cable? What are the advantages with a 1080p monitor?

Is it true that DP does compression to image quality?

So... you bought MULTIPLE cables that are supposedly "HIGH QUALITY" and "IN SPEC" and you never once though of

*CHECKING WETHER ITS YOUR VIDEO CARD*

Video cards dont always supply a clean signal. (Exept DVI, DVI is a special animal) Monitors inputs aren't perfect either but way better nowadays.

yeah. One of the few times certification has been usefull.

>Anecdotal Evidence
back in the real world. I have not seen more issues with DP than with HDMI or vice versa. DP has less features and has a better locking mechanism. HDMI has more, mostly useless, features for normal consumers.

>looking online everyone has this problem with display port
Mildly interested. Have you read the issue with pin 20 yet? read There are no advantages unless you're running very specific shit.

Yes, both DP and HDMI's new spec applies lossy compression to your signal at very high bandwidths AFAIK

Displayport is bloody awesome and blows away its predecessors.
HDMI is meant for A/V equipment not computers.
Good riddance to shit-tier VGA and DVI interfaces.

240Hz support and 10bit color at 1080p that's about it for now.

Display Port is literally THE BEST connector.

Nope. DVI-I Adapter to VGA. At no point does it make the transition of a digital signal into analogue and people buy this stupid ass adapter thinking it will work. It fucking doesn't and assumes the monitor can handle the digital signal and convert to an analogue on its own. Guess what, it probably doesn't. Fuck these chinks making this garbage.

I wrote an article on this as well, cuz fuck this.
1stamender.com/article.php?articlenumber=1070

Attached: file.png (400x400, 94K)

>There are no advantages unless you're running very specific shit.

Thanks my nigger

So, no practical use case on a non professional scenario

>At no point does it make the transition of a digital signal into analogue
wat

digital sin waves are much smaller than a VGA analog and because of this, without the transition to analog it just doesn't work. It would work if you had a VGA signal outputting to a DVI and it would work. Regardless it's stupid. Who takes a VGA and needs DVI anyway?

Who writes a blog and advertise on Jow Forums like a feminazi?

I use DisplayPort when I need stuff only it does, like high refresh rate 1440p FreeSync, but I prefer HDMI when it's sufficient. Good enough quality HDMI cables are cheaper. HDMI switches are cheap, DisplayPort ones are not.

I do. It's bullshit and often websites take down legitimate content because they don't like. To circumvent it, I post it on a blog so it can't get removed.

the answer is micro usb.

OP obviously never encountered pic related

Attached: pins not yet bent.jpg (425x275, 43K)

HDMI remains proprietary garbage

Yet somehow it remains cheaper than the open standards that are supposed to replace it. Even more so if you need things like splitters or capture.

What's the matter with PS/2? I've bent parallel and VGA pins, but never PS/2. The peg makes it hard to bend the pins accidentally.

DVI-I has analog and digital output on the same connector. You have no idea what you're talking about

ps/2 is based and you can fucking die

fuck you, ps/2 gets a freepass because it's cute

CUTE

woops. Meant DVI-D. My fault.

Do DVI monitors even accept DVI-A? I've used DVI-I to VGA adapters to use an old monitor with a DVI output. But does the opposite work, adapting a VGA output to DVI-A and plugging it into a monitor?

I like dp, very reliable. My vote goes to headphone jack. Genious idea to connect the signal before the mass, especially for audio applications. Plus I broke some.
Or micro-usb and usb-c. I find it really hard to clean the compressed dust around the center piece that holds the pins in the device. I like apple's design much better.

whoopdie fucking doo he finally figured out that a high end display connector doesn't do anything for his chinkshit monitor
fucking Jow Forums, why are you all so fucking retarded?

Never seen dust being an issue with micro usb. Even with devices many years old. However micro usb is a flimsy piece of shit and although I've never broken one i'm glad usb-c is replacing it. Apple's design has exposed pins on the connector which usb is avoiding.

the one that came with the monitor worked perfectly, it was just short, after thinking the first one was a lemon, replacing it, and thinking that's just a shit brand going with another one well what do we have here, it fucking doesn't work either, I had to look it up, and turns out displayport cables are overwhelmingly shit, meanwhile hdmi cables, so long as they say they do what they say they do, work.

but we can agree, dvi are animals, ill also give a nod to vga, have never had one of those fuck off on me either.

Does HDMI 1.4 do compression?

We just talking external connectors?

Attached: 918CC8C3-A259-4B8E-A8B9-517699089043.jpg (428x250, 16K)

Its always these fuckers that cause the most trouble

Attached: UCABL017200_02_L.jpg (640x480, 108K)

>tfw using a 5 meter long DP cable bought on ali for pennies
>works fine
Works for me™

Those are some nice open windows there.

It'd be a shame if displayport were to force all of them to resize to a useless format whenever the display is off.

i've yet to successfully pull out

>being retarded

>what a fat, ugly piece of shit.
Just like your mom.

Feels like you're breaking your motherboard every time.

I've never used proper displayport, but those small displayport connectors on laptops seem stronger than any shitty mini or micro hdmi connector and they save some space. And I guess you'd technically be able to connect 2 monitors or something to one port through daisy chaining or a hub. So it's quite a nice thing compared to hdmi.

Attached: atx-24-pin-connector.jpg (500x348, 35K)

reminder that those ports have to be hand soldered by some chink