>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and pairing with a 2080 or better
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>Always choose at least a 2 stick kit
>8GB - Bare minimum/Light desktop use.
>16GB - Standard amount
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards; cheap models usually low yield processor. Aim for factory OC versions for best performance
>use your due diligence with cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans. They may be cheap, but won't get high boost clocks like better models
1080p
>RX 570/580/1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
1080p@144hz
>Vega 56/1070ti best value, Free/G-sync monitor highly recommended
1440p@60-75hz
>Vega/1070ti/1080/2070
1440p@100+hz
>1080ti/2080
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make a build to drive it appropriately

More
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 1544438252477.jpg (2048x1152, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/hWz39J
amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2HH7G0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_CPU_microarchitectures
userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12824540
pcpartpicker.com/list/t4nR6s
pcpartpicker.com/list/VK4zRJ
pcpartpicker.com/list/n2m9pG
pcpartpicker.com/list/CJyh8Y
stickyarsenal.com/product/g-toaster
pcpartpicker.com/list/fwyh8Y
pcpartpicker.com/product/N4Nypg/samsung-lc27f398fwnxza-270-60hz-monitor-lc27f398fwnxza
pcpartpicker.com/product/CMCrxr/asus-vg245h-240-75hz-monitor-vg245h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's that thing?

>never in stock

I want that sticker but the webshop sold out. Can anyone hook me up?

can someone recommend me reliable PSUs that are better than my no-brand one that just died?

I am looking in upgrading, but on a low budget so all i can really upgrade right now is my processor, i have AMD A10-6800K and was going to upgrade Ryzen 5 2400g 11 + A320 + 8gb Ram. Pairing that processor with a GTX 950 yay or nay, i don´t really care for ultra 4k ultra high graphics, only consistent FPS

You should buy SeaSonic because that is your only way to get a good psu that isn't a rebrand. You don't want to support lame gaymur companies like Cockair or EVGAY right?

seasonic focus plus gold or be quiet pure power 11

I payed for mine when it was in stock. It never arrived. Sometimes I still imagine a thieving cunt of a postman opening it, thinking it's money. Then throwing it in a bin. Makes my blood boil.

Attached: 1498914785072.gif (450x188, 1.95M)

Certified on behalf of the foundation.

Attached: SCPSTICKER1.png (2550x803, 215K)

Hey Jow Forums, I did some upgrades to my build lately, and I'm planning to upgrade my GPU. What do you think of my build?

Mobo
>ASRock QC5000-ITX/PH

CPU
>AMD A4-5000 APU (with passive heatsink)

GPU
>Radeon HD Graphics

RAM
>2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury in Black DDR3

Storage
>500 GB SSD Samsung 860 EVO

PSU
>Corsair RM650X semi-passive fully modular

Display
>32" AOC 2560 x 1440 VA

Case
>Inter-Tech ITX SY-8 "Eterno"

Goodies and peripherals
>DVD Burner
>FHD Webcam
>Superspeed memory card reader
>Sharkoon PureWriter TKL clicky switches
>Noname NUMPAD
>Vertical mouse

I'm looking to spend perhaps 100 to 200 €uro on a GPU. I'd like to keep my build semi-passive and 100% AMD, so I'll get an RX something. Will a RX 580 be bottlenecked by the CPU?

Attached: MyBuild.jpg (1280x960, 350K)

get the EVGA passively cooled RX 590

Don’t worry about the brand unless it’s clearly some bullshit garbage brand. Make sure you get one that is certified. Bronze, silver, gold, platinum. If you get anything not certified, it’s a bad move. Spend as much as your peace of mind is worth. It’s unlikely that any of them will fuck up.

>Will a RX 580 be bottlenecked by the CPU

I believe so. No way of knowing without testing.

I ordered one of those toaster things and it never came

Same. Scamming bastard.

It's been over a year now so yeah

can you get better mb/vrm temps if you remove the back of the case panel to let it breathe?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/hWz39J
>amazon.com/gp/product/B00B2HH7G0
>1070 ti
Anything wrong with this build? The filters are there because I don't really know what to look for in those parts. Also, any other display suggestions are appreciated.

is this a good buy for parts?

Attached: 20181210_145930.jpg (1420x2392, 727K)

If there's too much breathing you have no pressure for your fans to do their magic but if it's cluttered in your case that might be better

but it's the back of the case? Isn't there not much room anyway?

Considering a 1070 ti; unsure if i should just get a 2070 or get a 580 for 200 and wait until next year when navi gets released. Then buy a beefy card.

Locked into Haswell since Venezuelan and poor. Is it better to get a G3258 or an i3? The former overclocks like hell but lacks threads and AVX/AES instructions. l'm mostly going to play old games, including PS2/GameCube emulators. Might convert a few videos, nothing too heavy.

Uppercase. It's trash.

Attached: 436.png (382x346, 170K)

Any thoughts on this build? For gaming and Adobe stuff

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1800X 16 MB 4.0GHz Octa Core AMD 220€
Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PRO ATX Motherboard for AMD Socket AM4 Processors 150€
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2 x 8 GB, DDR4, 3000 MHz, C15) 153€
Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB SSD 52€
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 61€
Case: Corsair CC-9011105-WW Carbide Series 270R Windowed Mid-Tower 59€
Power supply: Seasonic SSR-750FX 119€
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 285€

1072€ or 1.217 USD

U tell me

Buy Intel.

Attached: gun hope.png (777x777, 777K)

>passing up all these good deals on RX 580s on ebay to wait on the 3000 series

Attached: 1544426073962.jpg (1920x1080, 153K)

Looking to upgrade from my Cooler Master N200 to a new case, should I get a Corsair Air 240 or a Fractal Design Define C Mini? I'm mostly looking for something that allows for easy cable management, and isn't flashy GAMER RGB TEMPERED GLASS bullshit.

Attached: 1503019037892.gif (498x498, 613K)

If you have no other computer, maybe.

Get the i3, overclocking is overrated. I'd still try to at least spring for an i5 if you can though.

>Waiting for dogshit amd gpus when they will be superseded by nvidia anyways

Hello, I have a 980 I have some money but not a ton, should I get a 2070 or a 2080?
orrrr wait for the next generation?

Attached: 1544323656852.gif (500x281, 1.84M)

Who the fuck drinks like that????

Why the fuck would upgrade from a 980 already?

Hi, I'm making a new build and unsure what gpu to get. Thinking of a 1070 ti; but I dont know if i should get a 1060/570 and wait until next year's gpu ? Any ideas.

already?
980 is pretty old

Only if you're at 1440p.

I'm not even getting 60fps on a ton of games with a 980.
Shit I'm lucky if I get 30 frames on Warhammer II when there is 4 armies in a battle.

>he didn't buy it when it went in stock last time

how much are you willing to pay :$)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_CPU_microarchitectures
(2019) Cascade Lake ? MHz
(2019) Cooper Lake
(2020) Ice Lake 10 nm
(2020) Tiger Lake
(2021) Alder Lake
(2022) Meteor Lake 7 nm
BRAVO SHITTEL

Attached: 1507303800187.jpg (690x720, 77K)

jesus christ it's over, amd won

do you lads rate the DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400?

Moar architectures = better, don't you want those 1% gainz?

>tfw just got an open box RX 570 for $100
>tfw it works perfectly
>tfw I don't even think the previous owner turned the fucking thing on, it's basically perfect except missing the peel-off plastic

Feels pretty good bros. Replaced my 970 with it since it bit the dust.

Are Gigabyte Windforces bad?

yes, but ymmv

no

what gpu to upgrade from a 970 for 1080p?

CPU is kinda old, but the GPU is still nice. My previous build was fx6300 + 750ti, worked decent on 1080p gaming.

Why is the 2070 cheaper than a 1080? Is it actually worse, raytracing aside?

Do you really need an upgrade for 1080p?

Same performance, 1080 costs more because the supply runs dry.

970 is still half-decent for 1080p.
At least a 2070 if you really wanted all the AA and eye candy and more consistency. Anything less wouldn't be much of an upgrade imo.

>Why is the 2070 cheaper than a 1080?
The 1080 is no longer being produced.
>Is it actually worse, raytracing aside?
It is actually better, raytracing aside.

userbenchmark.com/UserRun/12824540

now, to get an actual gpu on this nigger

Attached: wQ5OQ6y.jpg (680x814, 74K)

Why would the 1080 cost more if its worse, even if the supply is getting low? If the 2070 is better and cheaper, that would just drive demand for the 1080 down because people would just get a 2070 instead.

Well, whatever.

Attached: old man looking confused.png (383x313, 120K)

i'm trying to build something for my parents. will be used for browsing, printing, scanning, picture/video viewing, basic stuff no gayming
i have everything picked out, just need a power supply
pcpartpicker is telling me my power draw is 69W but most PSUs i see are in the several hundreds
do i need some sort of buffer or can i get away with say a 200W PSU?

here is the build pcpartpicker.com/list/t4nR6s
thanks!

Does anyone know if Zotac 2080 use the Nvidia quality board?

You could consider getting a SATA SSD instead, if you use a google express code you can get a Samsung/Sandisk 500GB SSD for $60~.

Also, please don't buy Windows 10. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with it, if they don't intend to hook up tons of hard drives you'd be fine with a very small PSU.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Because they are now a limited commodity.

Right now, you can purchase an ancient SSD at an insane cost per GB. Why? Because there's a grand total of 50 left in new condition in online retail.
You want that crappy MLC with an jMicron controller that stutters like mad and has no SLC cache, you can have it for a premium. It works that way for old GPUs too.

i'll look for the deal. i don't and they don't plan on adding anything else to it so i'll look for a small one then. thank you

Do you think ~ a year from now will finally be an actually good time to build a new PC?

pcpartpicker.com/list/VK4zRJ
yer a lil dumbo but here you go, 50% more performance and a decent integrated gpu for 70% price

>Because they are now a limited commodity.

But there's a superior alternative, and it's not like video cards are collectors items.

>, and it's not like video cards are collectors items.
They become so when there's so few in the channel.

i was avoiding that processor because almost every combination of motherboard gave me that out of date bios compatibility issue which i didn't want to deal with
thank you!!

GPU seems expensive, but otherwise seems fine.
A 2700 would be better for gaming, though, than the 1800X.

Don't get a CPU without AVX. It's required in some cases.

>considering RTX GPUs are all
???

pcpartpicker.com/list/n2m9pG

You don't need NVME SSDs, you can get by with a slower CPU as well.

This build omits Windows 10, and the DVD burner.
With them included, the cost rises. The extra CPU and GPU capacity added would be wasted.

>i'll look for the deal.
It's pretty good, 20% off up to $20 max, I just grabbed a 860 evo 500GB for $63 the other day. M2 is easy to deal with, but if you don't want to put in another drive for a good while, double the space is always good.

Also, I was going to suggest the ryzen alternative like , just add the disk burner.

seriously drop every part in your original list and swap over to the one i gave you, its a straight upgrade, but keep in mind this setup doesn't have a optical drive, its a waste of money unless your parents are still using discs

whats the point of buying windows for home use, ever

I recently bought a 144hz and I love it. Problem is my CPU and GPU are both garbage for it. I was thinking about building a new PC. My question is, do I go 8700K + 2080, 9700K + 2080 or is there anything in the foreseeable future that will be worth waiting for?

Attached: speccy.png (756x545, 40K)

It's a fair point.
I've replicated your build with the omission of the DVD drive and Windows.
pcpartpicker.com/list/CJyh8Y

You now have a computer that will perform, from the perspective of someone who is using it for word processing, identically. And you saved yourself $54.

dont purchase from patchdynamics, his webstore is defunct. purchase here:
stickyarsenal.com/product/g-toaster

>1600
>1060 6gb
>garbage
Wtf games are you playing

yeah thats perfectly fair if you want to squeeze every penny, i tried squeezing performance with the same budget considering user was pretty set on spending that amount

Ryzen won't run much 144hz at 1080p. It's single core performance is truly abysmal. Old School Runescape, a web based java game from early 00's, can't even hold a steady 50fps in fullscreen mode with Ryzen.

You evidently didn't, since you offered him a cheaper machine than his option, and could have given him even more power for 100% of the price.

in any case, the builder lacks the expertise to judge what his budget ought to be for the usage case at hand. You, as someone who knows better, should explain that on an SSD, even a low-end, budget CPU, such as an Athlon 200GE (which would save you $34), or a Celeron 4900 is more than sufficient for basic tasks, rather than functionally upsell him on something he doesn't need.

my bad i guess eh

Going to upgrade my processor with a Ryzen 5 2600, i am in a low budget so the two Motherboards im looking at are a A320 and a B350, would i miss out on a lot if i go for the A320? i heard the B350 allows overcloaking but i don´t really do that anyways.

pls respond

Its fine.

Can you even PBO on an A320 board? I know it's a feature on the chip itself, but still.

>paying 1440p 144hz IPS prices for a 1080p non-sync TN.
>unlisted 1070ti

???

Thanks

Attached: ssd.png (516x422, 12K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/fwyh8Y
i guess this is the cheapest it can get while not dabbling into shitty part territory, save for case and lack of the meme know as ram radiators

>imb4 there must be something wrong with your setup, mines works perfectly
since no amdrone as reply to this yet.

Yeah, I don't currently have a great understanding of the distinction between different monitors aside from the obvious things like resolution and refresh rate, and I certainly don't have a good handle on what is a reasonable price to aim for atm. That's why I said any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Also, the ti is the evga super silent edition or something. It was pretty cheap a couple weeks ago, so I grabbed it. I put a fair amount of research into it, so I feel decently comfortable with it.

If you're buying a R5 2600, get a B450 instead of a B350. With a 350 you'd need to use a 1st gen ryzen to upgrade the BIOS first in order to be able to use the R5 2600.

Huh look at that you are right, the fuckers i am looking at are selling a "combo to upgrade" and it includes a 2600 and a B350

You have to understand that less than 144fps on a 144hz monitor is going to have microstutters without adaptive sync.
60fps on a 60hz monitor looks far better (smoother) than 60fps on a 144hz monitor does.

With a 1070Ti, the best option to avoid paying the Gsync tax is to just go for 1440p @ 60-75hz.

Some b350 boards have the BIOS update from the factory.

it's true, not even half life 2 runs with 60fps

I see however this place im checking actually has the B450 cheaper than the B350 for some reason so ill capitalize on that

Okay, I guess that makes sense. I didn't completely understand what frame syncing did until now, but I was under the impression that a higher refresh rate was more desirable than a larger resolution with the 1070ti. How much does frame sync add to the cost that it becomes preferable to just go to 1440p/60Hz? Especially compared to options such as
>pcpartpicker.com/product/N4Nypg/samsung-lc27f398fwnxza-270-60hz-monitor-lc27f398fwnxza
and
>pcpartpicker.com/product/CMCrxr/asus-vg245h-240-75hz-monitor-vg245h

Thanks for the help, btw.

holy shit what a fucking garbage. get rid of that user, im sure there must be some faggot out there whos about to fall for the amd meme

Disregard those links, I'm retarded. I should really start getting a decent amount of sleep at some point.