/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: th.jpg (474x355, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=90USJleOZfk
head-fi.org/threads/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club.716711/
head-fi.org/showcase/m-o-mooh-be00bt-beryllium-acoustic.22808/reviews
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

beyers

Attached: 1496899720283.jpg (900x507, 177K)

>34kb

Attached: thumbnail.jpg (500x287, 27K)

first for beyers

Can someone put some stax on this boomer please! :)

Attached: 1544147774069.png (675x601, 313K)

sorry

Attached: 696765-1920x1080-[DesktopNexus.com].jpg (1920x1080, 422K)

Attached: 1544483408970.jpg (675x601, 71K)

kek

Attached: headphones-anime-girls-2lNF.jpg (1600x1200, 401K)

if i plug a usb dac into a monitor that's connected to something like a blu ray player would i get sound? i've never had a monitor with usb and i don't really know how they work

Attached: 1372640944706.jpg (500x500, 92K)

I gotchu senpai give me a bit

Yet there have been people using them for years without breaking the headband.

Nice thanks user!!! Now can you put some stax earspeakers on his head? :D

Attached: 1544052186752 (1).jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Wow headcucks hate anything that is under 5000$ amp that isn’t built film by one of their frens aka Kevin and fag Justin lmao. Spiritzer calls 507 shit.

Attached: image.jpg (733x1200, 405K)

are we still shilling dt1990?

No were shilling beats

is it shilling if it's unironically good?

yes

just like hd600 and stax amirite xD?

has anyone here tried the Project Kameleon?

This guy again:

>Budget
£350~ / $440 / €387
>Location
UK
>Source
ASUS Xonar Essence STX
>Type of headphone
Headphone
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Comfortable
>Sound signature
V-shaped
>Past headphones
Denon AH-D2000 (R.I.P. for now)
>Requirement
Music, Office (hence closed), Gaming

I love the D2K sound but the flaky design is so apocalyptically stupid that I'm not sure I can go for this family of headphones again. There's seemingly no other comparable/better options? I assume the DT 770 Pro would sound garbage in comparison? I've been looking at the Shure SRH1540s but they seem to get shit reviews. What if I increase budget? Help a noob.

Attached: 1530481413451.jpg (1024x1015, 113K)

No, it's a shitty low fidelity treble cannon.

add an A to the name of your soundcard and you have your answer

Attached: 1544147774069.png (675x601, 338K)

nice energizer

easier to just use EQ

Why dont you guys own beats? Your ears are untrained as fuck and everything you listen to is placebo based on graphs you read. Leave the headphones to people who have musical backgrounds, dumb secondaries.

but i have a musical background

Why the fuck are the iem's made by brands like 64 audio and campfire audio so fucking expensive? Is it because they're hand made and because they're made with meme materials like gold or something? Like I've seen so many chink iems that cost 40$ or less that have better on paper specs than the Andromedas for example.

Attached: 1541554024582.jpg (1000x1166, 983K)

Then this doesnt apply to you

Great job

i have a musical background

Attached: 1434773048992.png (500x501, 233K)

Can you make one with the 60 year old boomer and an 007/BHSE?

perfect!!! Thank you user, you did a great job!

Attached: 1543966023637.jpg (4032x3024, 1.25M)

64 sells stuff for professional stage use and campfire is audiophile shit, chinks cut as many corners as they possibly can

You need some tsundere love non: youtube.com/watch?v=90USJleOZfk

Attached: 2018-12-10 19_05_14-[Lyrics] Nishikino Maki, Yazawa Nico - Zurui yo Magnetic Today!! - YouTube.jpg (544x277, 38K)

>mfw my chinkshit Fiio F3 have almost identical frequency response as Andros
I mean, they're pretty muddy and piercing, but they cost literally 60 times less than these memephones.
Though I'd want to try them out some day just to see if my shit zoomer ears can distinguish marginally better distortion and impulse response. Probably not kek

Attached: 1543852586039.png (304x178, 77K)

What do you mean by audiophile shit? I'm kinda new to /hpg/. Also what corner cutting are you talking about? The KZ ZS6 were my first entry into chi fi and I was fucking blown away by how good they sounded. They literally sounded just as good if not slightly better than my previous pair of audio technica 300$ headphones.

redpill me on what is snake oil and what isn't

audiophile shit means overpriced placebophones

frequency response graphs don't mean much when you're comparing a dynamic driver iem to a 3 bore 5 ba driver iem, also not all drivers are the same even beyond tuning
i mean it's marketed to audiophiles, the company started by making expensive cables not to say their iems aren't good. chinks cut corners by using the cheapest, lowest quality parts they can and aren't usually very consistent

>What do you mean by audiophile shit?
Good-looking, expensive things that measure absolutely fucking poorly for their price.
For example - Schiit Yggdrasil, CA Solaris or lots of meme custom IEMs.

give me something to work with

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

find me one that matches this angle

Attached: 27891033_337405310106779_4066878114238562304_n.jpg (480x480, 33K)

I'm just making a joke about how all the original stax owners are actual boomer retirees with overpowered amps. It's the one boomer meme that fits.

Gonna get some K7xx and dress up in girls clothes and dildo myself

stax are better for that

based and redpilled

The BHSE isn't even overpowered, it's got barely more volume than a 353X. Just shitty placebo all around.

>Budget
~$150 aud
>Location
Aus
>Source
Spotify
>Comfort level
Comfy and secure
>Sound signature
probably neutral, maybe v-shaped idk doesnt really matter for her
>Requirement
Gym/running etc

So any suggestions on wireless IEM/earbuds for my gf to use at the gym? Doesnt need to sound the best, just better than the old apple earbuds/good enough for spotify quality. Good battery life is a +

stax

Thoughts on Meze 99 Classics?

Attached: 611L2LRP1gL._SL1001_.jpg (1001x1001, 79K)

Should I even bother asking for advice on non-audiofile mid-budget bass heavy headphones in these threads?

stax

sony xb500 but they dont make that anymore

head-fi.org/threads/the-hardest-hitting-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club.716711/

check all the headphones in this link. the JVA is good

If it pleases you.

Sounds like ass

see these

stax is the answer

repent boomer
many advancements to audio have been made since the 1930s

I know this thread is about hifi and memes but what's are the best wireless earbuds that aren't airpods? I want to listen to music in bed and not worry about falling asleep and flinging my tracking device across the room.

xiaomi airpods

stax sr-003

why do you exist

>I know this thread is about hifi and memes
DAS RYTE

Wut phone is that?
Seems like from ath or denon.

Attached: 1492756586088.jpg (278x278, 36K)

monitors with usb ports are usually just power unless they have a built in usb hub, which would transfer data from a usb port on the pc

How do these compare to sony xb950, skullcandy crusher or sennheiser 440 bt for example (some of the options I've been considering)? There's not a lot of info on them, being chinkshit and all. They look good tho, excluding the chink branding.

Forgot to mention, I prefer bluetooth.

the reviewer who revied them is the same one who maintains this list

here's the bluetooth version
head-fi.org/showcase/m-o-mooh-be00bt-beryllium-acoustic.22808/reviews

it would help to tell us what monitor you have though >.>
and what dac you're buying.
and how your monitor is connected to your computer

>excluding the chink branding
also, removable with acetone

i literally said i've never had a monitor with usb i was just curious if you would get sound if it wasn't getting the audio from a pc

Thanks, they are a bit pricey atm compared to the ones I listed, but surely some discounts will pop up.

if it's not getting audio from the pc it won't output audio >.>
a dac takes sound from your pc and converts it to analog to be output to an amplifier

now if you're talking about a blu ray player you want to get sound out of, a blu ray player includes a dac. you just hook it up to an a/v receiver.
a monitor takes in graphics and audio through hdmi through the bluray player which is converted via the player's dac and sent as analog with the video signal to the monitor which has some 2w speakers and an analog out jack.
a monitor with a usb port, again you have to tell us what you mean by that because a usb hub CAN have a dac plugged into it, but a 3v charging port won't allow you to do that. it will however let you power a usb dac such as a schiit fulla 2, and you take in signal from somewhere else. but this doesn't make a lot of sense.

if you wanna go more hardcore, all in one pcs have functioning usb ports on the back of it because it's a computer. you can plug in a usb dac and it'll work fine.

if you end up going with a usb dac getting signal from a monitor taking in hdmi/dp signal, it won't work because it's analog when it goes into the monitor.
if you have a usb hub you have a usb port from your computer into a hub into a dac, which will assign the computer the dac as a device.
if you have a monitor with audio output you just use the built in analog jack, but it has a very low powered amplifier built in and again doesn't make any sense to use.
a bluray player will not be able to use a usb hub because it doesn't have the ability to take a usb dac and assign an audio output device for it.
again it makes no sense for you to do this with a bluray player because it does not output digital sound except over toslink and maybe coaxial.

what's a good Headphone Amp with passthrough under $100

Attached: 71hjtjvVUsL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 100K)

so does that explain it a bit

Attached: fruit3.jpg (2100x1182, 162K)

all im reading from that diagram is “i like dick”?

Are the Beyer DT1770s a good buy for someone looking for general use cans? I listen sometimes to EDM, so bass is somewhat important. That's one of the only reasons I am not leaping toward the HD600s or 650s. Budget is around $500ish, though willing to do a little wiggle room of around $100.

Already have a decent DAC/AMP that can drive pretty much anything that doesn't need its own equipment.

Attached: 1507328022800.png (385x367, 67K)

it's actually the answer to the jewish question but someone like you would never know

Buy them, nobody here has heard them yet you can be the first

I had an smsl m3 for a while and didn't have any problems with it. Clean dac but using it as a headphone amp the amp could be more powerful but wasn't bad.

>Budget
~500€
>Location
EU
>Source
Xonar Essence STX
>Open or closed
Open/semi
>Comfort level
Should be comfy on a large head
>Sound signature
Very slightly V but without muddy mids
>Past headphones
HD 600, X2, ATH-AD700x, DT 770

>Budget
>~500€
>Location
>EU

same answer

unironically DT1990

I heard they're vice grips similar to HD 600 and I'm not about to go through that torture again.

hd600s only start as vice grips, they stretch out eventually

I dunno about your cabbage but I can wear them for hours without any discomfort, and they feel more comfy than the hd650

that's what your mom said last night lmao

Attached: 1544468967281.jpg (699x720, 48K)

I assume they're similar to DT 770 and the rest of beyers or more punishing?

HD600 on sale at Amazon for $249 +10% back for Amazon store card good goyim.

Attached: image.jpg (882x758, 271K)

Been some time since I had the 880 on my head but it's the same level of comfort, doesn't grip too hard, enough space for ears, pleasant pad material, doesn't get hot. Never tried the 770, though.

I'll bite then, hope the card can drive them properly.

I wish an anime girl would squeeze my dick with her pussy like my HD600 squeezes my head