Got fired today bois. Pretty shitty, but nothing much I could've done about it

Got fired today bois. Pretty shitty, but nothing much I could've done about it.

Looking at getting into contract work. Anybody here have any experience? Main main skill is frontend Angular but I'm pretty flexible. What sort of money should I be asking for here? I've got pretty good experience.

I'm going for $60 hourly right now. My previous job was 100k yearly and 60/hr adds up to 116k. Is this too much to ask for?

Attached: 1439522713832.jpg (508x472, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

glassdoor.com/Salaries/atlanta-senior-front-end-developer-salary-SRCH_IL.0,7_IM52_KO8,34.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>main skill is web dev
>$100k yearly
>wants $60/hr

Attached: 1469656490556.png (166x166, 14K)

glassdoor.com/Salaries/atlanta-senior-front-end-developer-salary-SRCH_IL.0,7_IM52_KO8,34.htm

Why'd you get fired?

For looking at Gay butt stuff online

His two year old MacBook was too much for his coworkers to handle. The mere sight triggered one of them which then caused a chain triggering that caused the whole company to stop working.
Multiple people screaming autisticly while others are hyperventilating, Op deserved this. He left his boss no choice.

>couldn't be helped

I had previously worked with these guys 2 years ago and had left because they only offered me 50k in compensation.

A year after I left, they came to me and told me they'd just closed a large round of investments and offered me 100k to come back.

They are developing this ecommerce platform which was supposed to be released in august. My job was to lead development of it.

Shit was a dumpster fire when I came into it. Our sole developer had

Attached: 1520785263342.jpg (1024x1015, 113K)

Has anybody here worked as a tech contractor? I'm genuinely interested in what sort of rate I should be asking for.

Attached: 1540509085078.jpg (284x284, 14K)

>working for startups without funding.
You're supposed to jump on when they are growing not when they have the dumpster fire.

They told me that they'd just closed a $1m round of funding.
But I knew the project was shitty so it's on me anyways for joining.
Lessons learned I guess. I'm kinda happy to be gone though. I'm looking at remote work and this shit looks great.

Attached: 1542842005608.jpg (1249x1080, 399K)

I'm also interested in contract work. I didn't get fired but I just don't want to work all the time. Working full-time I made like 3x as much as I need annually, but nobody will let me work 4 months per year for 1/3 of that pay, so I quit to chill out for a bit.

did you get severance? i wanna get fired

No it's a small startup. No severance clause. Their gonna pay me for the rest of the month though

Attached: 1513631091137.png (634x483, 341K)

1 mil can't pay a decent staff.
Head niggas take 4-500k by default

Read what you wrote and figure out what you could have done better.
>hint: your underage is showing

>come back man we have dope funding and will pay you literally 10% of our budget
>>"wow how forgiving you are, i will come back."
>*rubs hands*
>fires you 4 months later after rewriting their entire dumpster fire while only having to pay you roughly 4% of the budget instead

you got played

Attached: 1492983602929.png (800x689, 203K)

Funny thing about this post is they were actually jewish.

I'll be the smug one a year from now when the dumpster fire finally collapses in on itself. I did a lot of work to fix it but with the team they have it will never be successful. They don't understand the technical debt they are buying.

Attached: 1467646220041.png (4500x4334, 376K)

I've always wondered about this situation. What do you do when you get fired? Do you still add the company to your experience list in your resume? Do you have to tell the interviewer that you were fired when you apply for other jobs?

>Funny thing about this post is they were actually jewish

Attached: 1536520200267.gif (382x379, 387K)

Yes. Having 4 months of just nothing is worse looking than "I got fired because they ran out of money". In reality he also got laid off since the reasoning is "we can't pay you", but since it's a start up they are firing you to avoid you claiming benefits off them.

I'm still gonna have them on my resume. Most job interviews in my experience they don't ask you how you left the last company.

If anyone asks me about it specifically, I'll describe it a way that sounds better than it is.

>We had some differences about my compensation and decided it was best that I leave.

Don't tell anyone that you were shitcanned.

Depends on the reason. You don't have to do shit though when it comes to interviews, just lie your ass odf. Everybody else does