How is this even allowed?

How isn't running Windows for banking against PCI DSS or some other security compliance standard?

Attached: ATM.jpg (1511x2015, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2017/04/hackers-emptying-atms-drill-15-worth-gear/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_teller_machine#Software
krebsonsecurity.com/2018/01/first-jackpotting-attacks-hit-u-s-atms/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because they're super closed down hardware that is literally locked away and the software is only connected to internal banking network, not the greater internet.

You can't just ping the IP address on one of these and expect to get a response.

Why would it be?

They hired Windows as a security guard because it always locks up.

Seriously, what's the problem? You don't see any hackers getting in now, do you?

wired.com/2017/04/hackers-emptying-atms-drill-15-worth-gear/

in my town someone tried to take a drill to the ATM outside of the 5/3 bank and one of the tellers saw it from their little window about 100 feet away, walked outside and shot him

drill protection is already covered in the US, dont stress it

>That ATM model

Hello fellow SOPA

>be american
>try to rob an ATM
>get shot

That sounds really rude.

americans have no concept of equal force

>20 year old hardware that's run flawlessly for 2 decades has physical hardware failure and crashes
>DURRRRRR WINDOZ BAD

Attached: 1531072812244.jpg (921x606, 43K)

Dude, the standard has been Windows for fucking ever. Grow up kiddo.

>inb4 muh top 500 supermemes and muh 99% of elusive imaginary servers somewhere no one has ever seen

Sure tard, whatever you say.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_teller_machine#Software

Yeah, even the cops in Canada wouldn't be allowed to shoot you for theft(at least not without incurring a considerable amount of paperwork)

Because you swallowed the OMGWTFBBQLGBT WINDOZE BOTNET cock so hard you can't think in any other terms. You are the defectve part here, not anyone or anything else.

>americans have no concept of equal force
that has to be the most cuck'ed sounding statement I've ever heard, " equal force" what are you supposed to do, attack him with a drill?

this, jesus fucking christ. The faggot was trying to steal other people's money. His life isn't worth anything to anybody anyways. Might as well shoot him, it'll be a lot cheaper than feeding and clothing him in prison for the next 7 years.

Because those crooks can retroactively revoke "compliance" if a breach happens like Target and Home Depot; that way they can claim HURR PCIDSS IS BULLETPROOF

as you should be, jamal

Are you retarded? "Equal force" is not ever an option in any scenarios involving dealing with criminals, because that always results in the worst possible outcome. If you don't have superiour force, you try to escape or give the criminal what they want. That applies to "equal force". The only time you should engage a criminal with any form of force is if you have clearly superiour force.

If he has a knife and you have a knife, you run. If he has a knife and you have a gun, you shoot him.

>calls me a tard
>posts source that corroborates me
Fuck off, failed freetard!

Huurrrr all ATMs run linux

>inserts [citation needed][needs update]
>forgets picture (dated three months ago) immediately to the right showing
>like the vastest majority
>an XP-based ATM

Attached: 1540916461662.gif (260x349, 1.4M)

>everything that a human interacts with runs either Windows or macOS
When you internalize the fact that neither freetards nor Android users are people, you realise the objective truth of this.

come back and post when after criminals escalate because the police escalate and crimes gets more and more violent and you finally get shot in the head in public one day because you lost a gum wrapper on the concrete.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_teller_machine#Software
Why do windows refuse people to install XP Embedded on PCs? Is it because they want the telemetry?

>im a retard

>im a retard
so you dont know?

>nigger robbing atm
>HURR lemme just go over to ace hardware so I can buy a drill to fight him
Are you this retarded?

oh it was a nigger? im sorry, of course he should have used lethal force. i thought we were talking about a white citizen

Literally the only difference between XP and XP Embedded is XP Embedded doesn't write to it's drive every second as to not fuck up those early solid state storage devices. Other than that it's just XP that can be installed on any PC

you can customize away all the bloatware though, cant run telemtry on 32mb ram

I hope that teller got booked for murder
Because there is no legal ground for the teller having shot the robber unless it was an armed robbery.

Not sure why they tried to intervene at all, surely its insured and the cops are gonna catch the guy.

>europeans

It's barbaric they're using methods long from the past, like hanging someone for stealing in the wild west.

>he deserves to be shot dead because he isn't worth anything to nobody
A man can't rehabilitate? It's not like he killed anyone

Nah, the world is overpopulated.

Most things result in you getting shot. Either don't commit the crime or eat enough bacon to give you fat body armor.

When it doesn't lock up, it jackpots.
krebsonsecurity.com/2018/01/first-jackpotting-attacks-hit-u-s-atms/

must be nice living in a bubble not exposed to reality

>steal money to pay of large debts so your family can live a normal life
>get shot

>Driver power state failure
I wouldn't exactly call that failing hardware.

are you implying the thief was university educated? LMFAO

I'm not talking about the thief, this scenario could happen to anyone who loves his family too much

mate, that's horseshit, most people who try to rob something like an ATM don't have a family and aren't doing it for anyone other than themselves
quit trying to act like your bullshit scenarios resemble anything that goes on IRL

no I'm an american and there still isn't a legal footing there. Stand your ground really doesn't apply to that situation, you can't defend yourself with lethal force if you aren't even being attacked and your property isn't being violated

>this
I completely agree 100%. The thought that people are opposed to shooting to death someone ROBBING A FUCKING BANK, absolutely blows my mind, I'm honestly speechless.

>he thinks the same laws that apply to property don't apply to a bank
grow up

I'm not talking about most people either, it's a plausible scenerio that can happen to anyone given the wrong circumstances.
Even one death because of that scenario is is enough to show how retarded the law is.

except your forgetting that only complete idiots would think to rob a bank, there are other ways to make money that don't involve robbing an ATM
the law isn't retarded, you are for trying to humanize idiots and thinking a bullet isn't the justice they deserve

agreed, I'd rather the ATM corrupt its memory/disk rather than crash.

You're missing the point, stupidity/money should never be the cause of death in 2018. Killing a human is literally the worst thing a man can do and you seem to think life is not as important as it is.

You fucking kikes are defending FUCKING BANKS. We're not talking about simple hard-working white families defending themselves here, we're talking about greedy usurious Jews. I hate niggers as much as you do and I'd shoot them on sight, but fuck banks, they deserve no pity. If the ATM belongs to a credit union then fine, splatter that nigger's brains all over the fucking floor, but don't you ask me to feel sorry for Mr. Morgan Chase over there, he had it coming for all the usury he's been practicing, and, frankly, ATM robbery is just a rounding error for him at the end of the day.

and your forgetting the point that throughout the course of human history that stupidity and money/power have always been the cause of death
>current year bullshit
fuck me, don't you think its a bit late fully exposing yourself as a brainlet right now?

we're talking about a bank branch, not the fucking headquarters you mong
also don't due the crime if you can't pay the fine

>being this much of a swede