Tech job expatriation

Hi Jow Forums,
I'm looking to move somewhere exotic (think Berlin, Seattle) and get a tech job. I'm from a reasonably affluent country and have about ~2 years experience. Is anyone thinking about, or has done the same?

ITT: Tech expat stories

Attached: Flat earth.jpg (792x684, 172K)

>somewhere exotic
>berlin
I was going to call you retarded but then I remembered Berlin barely has any germans in it now.

Seattle, exotic...? hmmmm

I'm Australian.

You're not very eloquent, are you? "Exotic" is a relative term. if you traveled to, say, Malaysia your looks would be considered exotic

going from straya to Berlin is next level retard

Attached: 1538684842881.jpg (680x435, 95K)

How come?

inb4 Jow Forums bullshit

>have about ~2 years experience
You are just a kid. Get more exp before moving.

What makes you say that? It looks like there are plenty of jobs that only required about 2 years of experience. Also, i'm older, unfortunately.

>It looks like there are plenty of jobs that only required about 2 years of experience.
There are, but is that what you want? You want a high-paying job, so that you can go to this "exotic Berlin" place and enjoy it. If you are getting an entry-level job, your life will be the same as all the other fresh-grad "exotic" Berliners.

You sound salty

actually exotic does not mean "somewhere far away from where I am"

(You)

Attached: exotic.png (412x147, 15K)

user is an asshole but he's right. you should have the experience to get a decent job when moving countries

he's a tripfag, not user

has anyone here actually done it or is this all just retarded Jow Forums conjecture?

Attached: wojak head on.gif (498x594, 97K)

I am living in Malaysia, which is about as exotic as it gets.

Of course, I could be living in the Maldives...

And how much experience did you have when you moved?

I did not move here for a job: I have been living here since I was in school.

But to answer your question: My parents moved here to get a job. At the time, my dad had about 10 years of experience.

oh yeah, true. that makes him even more of a retarded asshole, thanks for pointing it out.

Yep, he really is

Why does it matter where you live if you're just gonna sit in your room all day shitposting on 4channel?