The sheer amount of cucks literally LOVING the idea of not even owning their own hardware

youtu.be/0BQ4bXNdEQI
>The sheer amount of cucks literally LOVING the idea of not even owning their own hardware
>The other faggots residing themselves to the idea that eventually they'll have no choice but to rent their computer in the future
The absolute state of Linus cuck tip fans, yikes.

Attached: 1499680012788.jpg (791x584, 86K)

Reply to my thread faggots

kek

DESU fag I will always own my own home computer for media production, consumption, storage, communication, etc etc. But 85% of the money I put into my computer is for video games. The day I can get a PC-like experience from something as cheap as $35/month that is used SOLELY FOR VIDEO GAMES I will jump on it.

I saw this idea years ago with their promises of lan-tier latency having a special compressing algorithm, I thought it was bullshit and died off. still think it's something they can't pull off, yet.

>Spending more than $0 on video games
Embarrassing

It is a pretty nice option for people not willing to shell out >$1,000 on a computer. If you just need a computer for light work, this allows you to play games as well for a standard price.

>gaymers
>"cloud computing"
>Literally OnLive 2.0, but now with a smaller startup company

It'll go no where

Gaming hardware industry cuck detected.
At least mactards spend stupid amounts of money to do some work, gamers spend almost the same amount just to play childrens games.

lol onlive sucked ass and so will this

I'd rent out my beast pc power for cash if I could, I already do shit like seti@home

It's $35/mn + Latency + Always Online

Anyone with half a brain cell would shell out $1000 upfront than use this.

>Anyone with half a brain cell would shell out $1000 upfront than use this.
People actually game on android phones. There's a market for this.

go2mypcGAMING

Video is bullshit because he claimed to be using ultra settings on Rise of the Tomb Raider at 100+ fps on the equivalent of 1080. That is literally impossible, the game is already running under a type of VM with Denuvo, which gives seriously bad performance degradation in several points of the game and is almost impossible to get those settings during gameplay; but he's also running it under another type of VM (the Shadow client)? Yeah okay I totally believe you, Linus.
I can see this thing working with older games though, that are both optimized correctly, aren't using an intrusive performance degrading DRM solution, and doesn't base time intervals over frame latency.

It literally is just a Windows 10 instance running on a cloud pc (48 core Intel and GTX 1080 Ti). It uses your own game library whether it's steam, DRM-free or whatever.

So what happens when it's peak hours a few times every evening, where you need 10x more graphics cards than average use if "everybody gets a dedicated GPU"?
I hope they're selling compute power to academia or commercial. Actually, maybe they should just fuck off with the "it's a worse experience and costs basically the same" and just do that since they're already set up for it.

The shadow client is not another type of VM, it just forwards input, and the encoding is probably handled on dedicated hardware.

From time to time the IBM mainframe dream res-surges.
A future where people don't own computers, but dumb terminals, that they use to rent computer time on some mainframe in his or her town.
And then, we the consumers somehow kill it, either by buying the best alternative or in some cases building the better alternative.
But like Dracula on castlevania, a cult revives him again, a cult of men that wish to pay him tribute and be their slaves.
So, it's time to slowly climb the stairs again and kill this thing once more, before it ruins computing as we know.

Attached: ibm terminal.jpg (2240x1680, 455K)

You won't get a PC like experience because the lag will fuck your ass.
The internet is a wild place where lag spikes come from nowhere, and with something like game streaming there is no masking, no "local runs at the best you can" as it happens with modern FPS games.
Just go play quake 1 online to see what is in box for you.

Do people actually watch LTT videos that are sponsored by a company and think "wow that product is so good, because linus said so!" obviously this product is shit but linus makes money from these startups to advertise it. I want to believe your average LTT has some kind of critical thinking skills...

The on-site demonstration is a massive red flag for this commercial.

maybe for ultracasual shit

any game worth playing is going to be unbearable streaming

Normal people play video games. Normal people game on PC. You're the weird one for not liking video games.

$35 per month isn't a great deal. You could put that budget in upgrades and have a good system that you own instead of renting. You could also buy a whole new $1200 PC every 3 years.

Oh boy, these Shadow people are surely going to build datacenters around the world.

>1200
Sure, for prebuilt. You can get the same at a fraction of the cost if you buy directly from the manufactures/buy in parts. My ancient as fuck PC I got for around 400, and at the time was able to play games on the highest settings. Not so much anymore, I'm in sore need of an upgrade.

lol wut

I hope you're trying to make some argument about upgrading being cheaper than buying a new rig every 3 years, otherwise that makes no sense from a language and subject matter perspective

>buy prebuilt every three years
>WTF WHY AM I SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS EVERY FEW YEARS XD
>buy from manufacturers directly and buy parts instead
>WTF WHY AM I SPENDING HUNDREDS EVERY FEW YEARS XD
Hmmm.

But not every game is quake 1. The thing is - game streaming isn't anything new. You can already do this but you'd rather bring up extreme examples on a message board instead of actually trying it out for a game people would really play. Why would I be worried about the occasional hiccup while playing fucking tomb raider? Hell, if your PC is shit, you're already used to that sort of thing anyway.

You don't understood me.
Every game IS quake 1 under streaming.
This game predates all the motion prediction technologies invented around quake 2 etc.., so your movement is directly linked to the network connection, and it's horrible.
Specially because you don't get a steady latency, like with a shitty TV.
For a moment you have 40ms, but for 3 seconds you will get a 200ms spike that WILL kill you in the game.

t. digital dummy

Why do people watch Linus? I watched around 1 minute of this video and I felt like a fucking moron.

>lan-tier latency having a special compressing algorithm

Wow. An algorithm so "special" that it can make the speed of light faster.
Outsourcing your rendering and processing to a server farm seems like a pretty neat idea. For literally any other fucking reason than gaming, where input lag and latency and reliance of network stability matters.

dudes the creator of an entire operating system, so show him so fucking respect idiot

>LITERALLY a paid ad

Nah, selling a pre-built and buying a new one ends up costing the same as replacing parts individually and selling them if they still work. Building a pc takes 20 minutes to an hour, you can't cheat economics. That's like 20 dollars in labor at most.
The reason pc manufacturers like Dell make money is that they buy hardware in bulk, but you as an individual can't do that. 400 bucks will barely get you a decent gpu these days.

>Buy shadow
>use it to pirate and seed content
>install teamviewer or some equivalent to let anyone you know connect to it

sounds like a fast way to abuse the (presumed) terms of service.

not a bad idea but they'd catch on to hundreds of gigabytes of bandwidth being used pretty quick. and they probably log the SHIT out of whatever you do.