So what happens after silicon?

So what happens after silicon?

Attached: download.png (909x602, 1.72M)

entire silicon WAFERS suspended in water, GOD, etc

plastic bags i guess

We don't have anything. We thought it was gonna be graphene, but that's taking too long. We thought it was gonna be gallium arsenide, but no one wants to pay for that.

graphene

So what, we just sit there with our limp dicks?

3nm 10000m2 silicon dies

Instead of shrinking the dies why not just stack them?

Attached: IMG_20181203_131811.jpg (750x651, 57K)

14nm++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Honestly, we don't know. Whoever answers this question basically wins a nobel prize. There's a lot of interesting work being done with diamonds and other, similar research being done with atoms suspended by optical tweezers. I can't explain the details to you since I'm not a physicist, suffice it to say something in the field of nanophotonics is probably where it's heading.

t. someone whose older sibling is doing actual fundamental research

>but no one wants to pay for that
not until Silicon truly becomes non-viable.

It's currently still cheaper to invest in improving the current lithography methods.

Phosphorus

heat

ceramics
prove me wrong

Just make waterproof dies lmao

this is the end of the road, just like the horseless carriage and the steam locomotive.

Attached: 1515028383353.jpg (584x512, 130K)

Indium-Gallium-Arsenide and then Graphene

silicoff

Attached: carlos.jpg (500x367, 20K)

Until a new age of man. Remember, we just got out of revolutionary age into the technology age. Next is space.

Is that Reggie?

Using rapid variations in star brightness across sections of the night sky.

>pajeet

As this user said, heat. One of the big reasons we can have computers at all in mass-production is that wafers are flat, reliable(ish) and relatively easy to make. Once lithography (the practice of etching these wafers) really starts becoming a wall, we may have the incentive to try weird things with heat, like alternating layers of a heat transferring material and a die, with holes (like vias on a PCB) for communication, but the benefits of that are REALLY limited compared to the difficulty and cost of doing it, even for small-scale stuff. Because that's like a via in a circuit board, it could only be used for large parts to connect together. It's possible you could make a sort of nerve bundle structure between layers, but that brings its own problems, and it STILL may be too big to be much help for connecting the layers.

Isn't ceramic extremely vulnerable to heat changes?

We have decades of software to rewrite. Processors don't need to be any faster than they are now. Shitty numale programmers and dumb bimbo koders just need to be kicked to the curb. That'll solve 90% of the problems we face today with modern computing.

Attached: longcat.png (1126x10000, 1.45M)

Have you even read through both programs and see what they do?

We SLI the CPUS :)