Worthwhile forums

are there any left?

the web is fucking boring man how come its all memestream media? whatever happened to personal websites and user forums?

Attached: 1544206422100.png (420x420, 335K)

No.

I'm not telling.

They still exist, they're just usually private these days.

I'm part of a few, we're closed off to the public, we've been like that for the past 5 years. We've developed a close-knit community and new members are rare, it's alright, sometimes members vanish for some time and then they come back. We run our forums on Discourse software. Are these worthwhile forums? Probably.

>old gameshark.com chat
>early gamespot system wars and offstopic forum
>gamewinner.com
>reading text file guides from gamefaqs
>visiting newgrounds for new animations

Attached: 1541266682985.png (493x402, 30K)

>whatever happened to personal websites and user forums?
google censored them from the search results, killing them

Just join a Facebook community group like a normal person. Make sure to use a real name because usernames are for shady people!

>tfw giant bomb forums are dead and it will never be as busy as what gamespot forums once were

even public torrent trackers are dead

the internet is truly dying

Attached: 1536935986455.png (192x192, 44K)

null xd

>the web is fucking boring man
No, you're just depressed.

>t. zoomer than never got to experience the user dominated internet

wikipedia

No, it wasn't like this even a few years ago. It's gotten much harder to find anything worthwhile from actual people.

>tfw &t is dead

forum
If you hate anonymity that much there is always reddit. Now go.

Been there done that. It was all dominated by shitty mods and circle-jerkers. Even when I became a shitty mod and then admin who was being circle-jerked to it was ass. Sure the IDEA of the forum being derived around a particular kind of creative content was appealing, but it was rare-as-shit that the conversation was actually determined by that content. In fact, it was so slow, shitty, and primitive that the very second that Jow Forums got popular 99% of all forum users just began shouting dick shitting nipples4 because apparently the small amount of shock value they were able to get from /b/ was more valuable to them than the entire history and culture of that board.

So fuck forums. I'm glad they're dead.

>post it here
>ruined
Never op.

Jow Forums was created because of how shitty forums were. If you didn't come to Jow Forums because of how shitty forums were, then you're a newfag.

>We run our forums on Discourse software.
Tell me all about it. We've ran our place on ipb for the last 15+ years but I've been absolutely fed up with their shit for years now. But making the switch is just so fucking bothersome.
Compulsory hard mode: must have seamless ipb migration tool.

I'm too embarassed to look up the geocities page I made in high school. Let it die.

OP have you tried 8ch? There are a lot of unheard of chans, e.g. mewchan.

Forums are dead because there was nothing new for the past ten years. The open source forums have horrid 2004 themes, outdated features (like the email-like pm's), and some dont even offer basic functionality like notifications out of the box. Unless the admins pay big money for XenForo or IPB, your forum experience is likely gonna suck.

Why would you make them private? Its not like normies venture outside the big social medias so you dont have to worry about being overun by them, all you're doing is further destroying what the web once was

>are there any left?
Yes. Check the /cyb/ FAQ.

forums are shit

I'm part of an ultra secret forum that requires a copy of your birth certificate and a sample of your blood to join. Members are purged after more than 2 days of inactivity.

Based.

>the user dominated internet
thats what the web is now

facebook killed off forum popularity and discord was the final nail in the coffin

if by user you mean corporation then sure

where do you think you're posting retard? web 2.0 is all about user content. Before that it was just people making shitty homepages

you can’t stay 14 forever

the web was a mistake

nothing but a huge hackjob of security vulnerabilities

>if something isn't perfect it's better that it didn't exist at all

yes

I guess you should kill yourself then

my most severe flaw is my desire to live

>tfw more than half the population of western countries feel this way
the internet was a mistake

irix.cc

Attached: 564131.jpg (717x576, 37K)

this

every forum was the fucking same, populated with mods/admins that abused their "power" and would ban for the tiniest thing, giving no leeway for discussion whatsoever. Jow Forums was like a breath of fresh air in comparison

There are a couple of comfy forums I visit regularly, but I don't want them getting overrun by retards so I won't post them here.

>public torrent trackers
>dead
Not at all. None of them are as good as kat in their prime but they're very active

Which means you might as well not exist.

I don't even miss forums, I just miss the banter and clever jokes that used to be the norm around here. Now it's the same boring threads every day, and all the other chans are barely active.

reddit

nobody would visit them even if you did

Gearslutz is pretty good for audio engineering tho
Actual professionals and critically acclaimed producers come by from time to time

Rip ezboard forums

You are fucking retarded, between the yidish levels of censorship and almost all traffic going to the handful of mega corporations there is almost nothing worthwhile coming from the big internet kike sites.

Can you name any? TPB is gone, KAT is gone, isohunt is gone, torrentscan is useless and so on

All the oldfags and cool people went to the other site (not telling). You'll figure out what I'm talking about once you learn about the darkweb.

>whhaaa I miss being a little kid. I whant muh vidya.

>We run our forums on Discourse software
ahahahah hahahahah hahaahhahhhahaahah ahahahah ahah ah hipster shit millenial go fucking hang yourself

>muh joos
you need to go back

>game
>game
>game
grow up manchild

>Make sure to use a real name because usernames are for shady people!
mfw this was actually the reasoning back in the day in the de. subhierarchy of the usenet. fucking germniggers demanded you use your real name because nicks were for shady people lol. german usenet was so autistic I hope they all dead now

>he thinks 5 years is "back then"
lol you dumb zoomer faggot

I wish I could.
Even worse than the kikes are the subverted retards like you that would rather die and acknowledge how hard they've been fucked in the head.

that's what we got for switching away from usenet to shitty web tech

>hf will never be fun again

I miss the x-play and off topic boards

Any BBS worth visiting these days?

Attached: 1544447733979.png (546x700, 484K)

you will never win, kike

Attached: 1544468690117.png (499x643, 669K)

Different from OPs question, but what neat websites are there that make you feel like hackerman? I just discovered textfiles and it's pretty neat. Anything else out there that are similar?