ITT

ITT
>your distro
>why other distros are for cucks and faggots

Attached: GNU+Pepe.png (1920x1080, 584K)

Other urls found in this thread:

macrumors.com/2018/12/03/tim-cook-adl-keynote-speech/
youtu.be/maIgu_7oLm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

iOS

Attached: image.jpg (1242x2208, 392K)

macrumors.com/2018/12/03/tim-cook-adl-keynote-speech/

My distro
>Debian

I don’t have any issue with any other GNU/Linux distro, I personally can’t stand Manjaro as it has constantly shit itself every time I’ve tried to use it, but if other people like it good for them. I also think MacOS is a very well put together unix system (although apples hardware is overpriced so a hackintosh is probably the best bet).

Windows users are all street shitting Indians

>giving a fuck what a faggot says
Eggs dee this is me irl btw

Attached: image.jpg (554x400, 91K)

I can't believe all the FAGGOTS that don't use gentoo. The only acceptable distros are TempleOS, gentoo and GuixSD.

I agree with you with macos.
The OS itself is actually quite beautiful, it's Apple I don't like and their way of thinking. Like why make laptops without a removable battery? No other reason than having to buy a new one when your old one breaks. Jew fucks.

Oh, and I use debian.

>Debian testing
>If you have a use case for them all distros are equally great.. and yes that includes gentoo too.

As a company their absolute turbokikes. Hackintoshs are great though

>slackware64-current
>systemd

Kill yourself freenigger, wheres your better apps at?
>Fedora BTW

Attached: 1537659333284.png (512x512, 69K)

>better apps
>apps
emerge > fedora. and what's fedora's 'killer app'? systemd? L O L

>freetard implications
gentoo isn't even endorsed by FSF (and it's under the same license, idiot), nor is templeOS (but more importantly, it is endorsed by god), so I'm not sure what you're argument is here.

>you're
well fuck looks like I lost that one

LOOKS LIKE I WON, DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO HAVE THUNK.

>Fedora
Fight me

>Having the most support and software available
>Not spending 2 hours a day trying to get my OS working
>MFW

Attached: kubuntupepe.png (500x481, 21K)

Ubuntu mate
It jjst werks, and mate doesn't look like cancer

i only come here for arguments, pls try wise user i learned my lesson

Alright, why do you recommend GuixSD? Gentoo is fine, but TempleOS (praise terry) is now dead.

Attached: 1543791955430.jpg (620x602, 52K)

>My distro
Void
>Why other distros are for cucks and faggots
They aren't I'm sure the distro you use is right for your needs. You're probably a beautiful person.

>hackintosh
How do I actually download mojave from a linux machine?

cuz lisp comfy, and system wide declarations with use flag like declarations is GOAT. so are rollbacks. nixos/guixsd solve a lot of package management/dependency issues in a neat way

downside is its esoteric and documentation sucks

and templeos is not dead, i am the new high priest if terry doesnt rise again, mark my words

One of the biggest things that turns me off of a distro is documentation, why I like fedora and opensuse, is there an active forum base for GuixSD?
Hush your nuts, cuz I bet you won't

Attached: tumblr_pgoj5pMq4d1t1s7xuo1_500.png (454x473, 281K)

not really, thats why i dont use it. but i respect the distro nonetheless. if it can replicate gentoo functionality w/ adequate documentation, i'll switch over (sad to say cuz i love gentoo).

you shall believe when you see.

>My distro (atm)
Fedora. Never used it before and wanted to try it.
>Why other distros are for cucks and faggots
they aren't. use what you Want.

Time will tell, void caught on for no reason, if it catches in popularity quickly, then hopefully a more active userbase will come along and I will give it a try.
And I better see you screencap this for proofs when you do.

Attached: 1540434273053.jpg (500x388, 25K)

capped, see in the future user, god bless

God bless

Attached: 9HjwT3v.png (517x639, 329K)

>windows 10
>everything else is incel OS

cringe

Artix
Arch is for faggots who put the Pottering cock up their asses.
I'd use Void but it has like 2 packages.

My distro: Lubuntu

Every other distro is fine too; different people want different things out of their OSs.

debian
it just works :^)

Attached: canvas.png (600x450, 268K)

>debian
>other distros don't just werk

>manjaro shit itself
let me guess, graphics drivers?
99/100 I hear people can't get along with an arch based distro it's because ubuntu/debian installs the right drivers in the installer, and can't be bothered to do it themselves.

+1

>Arch
>they are not rolling release

Kali

arch because "muh minimalism"and the fact that the AUR and archwiki exist
also Pacman is wonderful and the forums are active, which is a plus

And If you use Windows your a ghey i guess

xubuntu because it's relatively light, stable and just werks and I have no interest in distrohopping anymore even though I thought about trying kubuntu because it has by default lower memory usage

Gentoo

Why not just install Debian netinst with KDE?
It's almost the exact same except some bloatware buntu adds.

>>your distro
Q4OS
>>why other distros are for cucks and faggots
Because mine has non-free firmware bundled out of the box that makes freetards cry. It has GUI that's consistent and just works on 250MB of RAM idle that makes Gnome/Plasma toddlers cry. It has WINE that can be installed with a click or two and nogayemz which makes Wintoddlers cry. It has full desktop functionality and it can be themed to look like anything and runs on any hardware, which makes Mactoddlers cry. And best of all, it has support for all sorts of file systems which makes SSD-less BSD babies have a fucking meltdown.

You may not like it but Q4OS is what peak desktop OS looks like.

Attached: snapshot1.png (1366x768, 692K)

You should be able to install other DEs and change them at the login. I tried out enlightenment that way a while back. Was stupid easy.
also LXDE/LXQt are even lighter.

t. LXQt shill

You cant. Not even from a wondows machine. You have to already own a mac and make a bootable USB on it.
Either that or just use a Virtual Machine.

Other than qubes, what's the best distro for privacy for daily use?

Ma nigger, I use Lubuntu on a 16GB USB 3.0 stick and it's a charm for lightweight development.

I switch to Windblangs 7 for everything else.

>have to use a screwdriver to remove the battery
Oh no, I guess there is absolutely no way to replace a battery then

>NixOS
other distros users live in fear that an update could wreak their systems. Plus I got multi-language development environments (think virtualenv on steroids)

I use Fedora, it's approved by my wife's boyfriend(which is my boyfriend too).

>OpenBSD
>Lincux is full of bloat and systemd

>>your distro
Windows 8.1
I wouldn't say that's what they are specifically for, but those types of people seem to prefer linux.

Lubuntu
Other distro so slow.

Mint
Other distros are not as polished and don't have as good experience out of the box. Mint doesn't take more than a few minutes to configure to what I want it to behave like.

OpenBSD is my favorite BSD, I'd switch to it (using Debian atm) but it's missing packages I need for work, namely LaTeX.
Any anons know how can I get a LaTeX distribution (preferably TexLive) and TexStudio working on OpenBSD?

Attached: pepelatex.jpg (1126x707, 168K)

It really doesn't have LaTeX? Damn, I need that too or I'd consider switching.

DEless Ubuntu + dwm

I use Arch, but I can think of equally as many reasons why it sucks as I can why it’s good. It’s got superb documentation and just works (contrary to what others might say) with a huge number of packages. Unfortunately, it’s got systemd, the community is shit and insanely elitist, and the AUR is almost as vulnerable as the npm community. I’m considering replacing Arch on my current laptop with void when I have the time to sort out the inevitable hardware difficulties seeing as I did the same with my old laptop.

I couldn't find it in the official repo, but I heard there might be ports of it, I just don't know where. That said I'm a BSD noob so definitely check for yourself.

Arch
Other distros bad because they stand in your way more than anything. Not applies to Gentoo and other similar distros

Attached: arch-lewd.jpg (1920x1080, 1.45M)

>CloverOS
>they have systemd/dbus/pulseaudio/avahi/other useless middleware

Attached: 2018-12-09-182021_7680x4320_scrot.jpg (7680x4320, 3.79M)

Siduction with xfce / i3

I use openbsd because I value privacy and security.

OpenBSD 6.4 on my laptop and Slackware 14.2 on my main rig.
not that there's anything wrong with choosing a distro, it's all a matter of different strokes for different folks, I just like these because I value security and stability and they taught me a great deal about Linux and Unices.
>most other Lincucks distros always seem to(in my opinion) have some nitpicky aspect that ticks me off when using them
>Gentoo's package manager is braindead retarded
>Debian has way too much modern cancer like SysD(which still uses it's dependencies when installing say sysvinit) and takes forever to boot
>Ubuntu is Amazon shilling babby's first distro
>Arch's rolling releases periodically broke packages and installing was a pain in the ass
>FreeBSD has way too many security holes
>Fedora has the same problem as Debian with SysD cancer

Void.

Other distros either have retarded source-managers, package managers or init-systems.

>artix
>other distros have no packages and a slow af package manager in comparison
>no systemd

android/solus
solus kinda sucks, android's pretty good, if you think peoples' worth is defined by their choice of distro you should re-examine your priorities

>debian
Have fun distohopping to try to find one that works faggots. I'll just be here doing my work

Attached: images(5).png (195x258, 5K)

>your distro
red hat and red hat derived
debian retards have old software that doesn't has shit ton of bugs on the userland, and the community is no longer about software is just cominism and tranniefaggoterism. Went all wrong since Ian got suicided by the CIA.
Derivatives of Debian are by concept broken as the package system of Debian is hard to write so devs end up doing spaghetti with dependencies, more often than not it's all a clusterfuck.
Gentoo is for cucks that like to waste electricity and valuable time on useless shit like compiling the base system every week.
Arch is for massive faggots that like untested base systems that break all the time so that they feel they do something with their lives. Even worst than Gentoo.
Slackware is for autists that believe in a dead concept with no benefits others than elegance.
Whereas Red Hat people only care about making a system that works well. In fact that it works so well that they even get to make money from it just by using the system and having their upgrades with no support.
Fedora stabilizes well enough for a desktop user in less than a few days from release, so you just hold a new release for a week and you're done, works so well that even Linus Torvalds uses it.

Gentoo is love. Being able to overlay random github shit directly into the package manager is alright. Also cool too slot different versions of the same package simultaneously installed. Or to have stable overall system packages and a handful of individually picked testing when you want bleeding edge only for some software. You can even tell the package manager to only install free license software but I'm not that much of a faggot.

deb
*dabs*

Attached: dbccba00d32a33c959a6d0b48dcd51bc.jpg (512x358, 30K)

>opensuse Leap
I got nothing specifically against other distros but Arch which strikes me as annoying and unprofessional

is that trinity? thinking about trying q4os

>Arch Linux
>Because Arch Linux

>your distro
arch
I really don't care what others use, suit yourselves

t. mac cuck

arch
any distro is better than arch and I'm eating shit because I'm too lazy to switch to a new distro

youtu.be/maIgu_7oLm0

I get why Steve did it at that time (‘97 was dies irae for Apple), but why did they keep it like that though...

Attached: 6E88E1A4-2899-43EC-AE14-17C5D27233EA.jpg (906x1330, 423K)

1994 slackware
1996 switched to red hat
1997 switched to debian
2013 switched to fedora
still using fedora for my workstations but i use debian on my servers

other distros aren't for cucks/faggots -- but mac os is.

I use Debian now. I started with Ubuntu, then Arch, then Fedora. Debian is best for me because as I've gotten older I just want to use the computer for tasks, as opposed to obsessively customizing or fixing it. I do use i3 with some customization to make it more similar to my vimrc, but at some point you have to accept that the computer is a tool for getting something done, and it's more productive to just make a few changes and get on with life. I left Ubuntu for Arch because I had ambitions of a perfect minimal ricer config, and I left Arch for Fedora when I got tired of that quest.

Ultimately I landed on Debian because I started using it at a new job and realized it's rock solid stable and has all the software you're likely to need (and if not, it's trivial to find it yourself). I also find the Debian Project more worthwhile than Red Hat, who make a lot of important contributions but are too corporate for me, especially now that they've fallen into the clutches of IBM. I also find Debian's stance of a separate non-free repo more tolerable than Fedora's inclusion of non-free firmware.

Lately I've considered switching to Devuan though, I have paranoid delusions about systemd.

>it just werks
>will autoinstall drivers for you
>active community forum

Attached: MXbaby.png (328x239, 62K)

you suck

fuck u

I use Slackware but I don't care what other people use.

Texlive is on openbsd. Grab it from ports.

>Win 7 for everything else
Thou art unawares of how much thou art my nigger.
I unironically like 7, and picked Lubuntu over other distros cause I can make the taskbar like win 7 (but better).

>is that trinity?
Yep.

>slackware
>babbys cant manage their own dependencies

Slackware
I honestly don't give much of a shit what other people use

devuan gahnoo + linuggs
it just werks, other distros don't

Use Artix, no shitstemd. I've tried Void but the lack of packages really hurts it.

Slackware/Debian. All works well for me. I can't give a two shits about what people use but what always fucked me over was rolling-release distros such as Arch. For my purposes it's just too much voodoo. I wouldn't mind if Debian would release stable versions more often though but I appreciate it for what it is. I can't stand *buntu, I would honestly rather advice newcomers to use openMEME tumbleweed than any ubuntu variants.

>he is still compiling packages from source in 2018
how's life in your mom's basement, eh?

debian, lightest distro with lots of support and justwerk

>makes Gnome/Plasma toddlers cry
No one is crying because of your antiquated desktop environment
>muh ram useage
unused ram is wasted ram
>peak desktop OS looks like
Yeah for 2004 maybe.

Let me guess you're so autistic about "muh memories" you use a ram cleaner on your phone too?

ITT: >I watched the facecuck movie once and wanted the desktop environment zuck used.

>Neon
>Modern
>Fast
>Stable
>not autistic like gnome 3
>Actually dims the god damn screen when you tell it to in power manager

No qualms with other distros, kinda hate the arch fags always trying to cram their religion down your throat like a Jehova's witness tho.

Attached: fgt.png (1920x1080, 2.21M)

Found the guy who bought an old WEP router so he could own it epic style

>Debian
>I don't care what other people use.

>Manjaro editions (primarily i3)
>I'm not autistic and use loonix for school, not because I'm a neet who makes up daily goals like fixing a broken os to keep myself from suicide