Realistically speaking, how could one destroy the world's technology systems?

Realistically speaking, how could one destroy the world's technology systems?

Attached: thoughts-on-the-end-of-the-world-the-end.jpg (600x400, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/646467/how-one-programmer-broke-the-internet-by-deleting-a-tiny-piece-of-code/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronal_mass_ejection
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remove 11 lines of code
qz.com/646467/how-one-programmer-broke-the-internet-by-deleting-a-tiny-piece-of-code/

By just being human, we are already doomed to go extinct.

Alright sure but is it even possible for malicious actors to take it down without physically destroying all devices?

>Most programmers had never heard of left-pad, but now, somehow, their code couldn’t run without it.

Modern programmers, everyone.

Attached: 1513203924518.png (512x512, 105K)

big corps will ruin it. when internet is no longer free and anonymous enough, people will move on. it's already happening, just give it a couple of more years and internet will become public space wasteland, ruled by corporate and bureaucratic interests.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse

realistically, a fairly large percentage of technology would survive, doomsday scenarios are pure fearmongering

Wrecking the internet would be very difficult. The best way to slow the pace of future development would be to bomb the chip fabs.

Then what it'll be replaced with ?

Work/business today depends a lot on internet communications, im not sure it will end as soon as you think

people will likely go offline for the bigger part of their lifes (excluding "official" biz like banking, shopping & work) until a viable replacement appears.

most people i know of have gone offline with the exception of instagram. more and more people are scavenging thirftshops for old dvd's, cd's, vinyl & books and such, due to the lack of good entertainment currently available.

and everybody tells the same thing: internet is too restricted, too much ads, the abundance of misinformation, all the social media bots, the shitty supply of entertainment and how the constant connection to everything makes them depressed & stressed out.

Jesus.
JavaScript and the modern web in general were a mistake.

>"This situation made me realize that NPM is someone’s private land where corporate is more powerful than the people, and I do open source because Power To The People"

hehe opensource boys fucked, this is usa big corps rule not some smart nerds or the people.

bomb every IX, then nuke china, should suffice

what a retarded story
there's more obscure entertainment on the internet than there in in thrift shops
like thousands of times more

lolno

Honestly its more likely for some guy to come around and create an alternate internet reminiscent of the 'Old Days' when everyone is nostalgic as all hell for the 2000's in the next decade.

Or, a massive decentralization movement comes after some tech related crash like what happened after the 90's when the Dot-Com bubble burst and AOL slowly lost its grip on its web monoculture.

As for , Easy, Coronal Mass Ejections. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronal_mass_ejection

>most people i know of have gone offline with the exception of instagram. more and more people are scavenging thirftshops for old dvd's, cd's, vinyl & books and such, due to the lack of good entertainment currently available.
What kind of bizarre world do you live in? More people than ever are online, and normalfags wank to Netflix for entertainment.

Because the most religious person on Earth, make your case to God, then watch him destroy all tech

*Become

Get rid of electricity

>Like many in the broad community of people who write code that anyone can use, he is influenced by the “hacker ethic” of early programmers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a set of more concrete values that were later put forth by the programmer Richard Stallman.
>programmer Richard Stallman

I'm with you on that last part but you're definitely wrong that people are going to return to physical media (other than books)

The only thing the internet is good for is pirating stuff so I never have to give Big Corp a single penny. Can't actually recall the last time I paid for entertainment other than a few vidya games.

global warming
CPUs will overheat

>javascript
block, always

The internet was designed by the US military so they could communicate in the event of a nuclear war. The internet is hard to destroy.