Name a better EDC flashlight on the planet Earth

Name a better EDC flashlight on the planet Earth.

(you can't)

Attached: 8reytw7gwpq01.jpg (3024x4032, 691K)

Other urls found in this thread:

budgetlightforum.com/node/64066
banggood.com/Astrolux-A01-Nichia-219B-102LM-AAA-Mini-Waterproof-Keychain-EDC-LED-Flashlight-p-1026854.html
youtu.be/DwUC050kCAQ?t=229
allegro.pl/oferta/latarka-edc-convoy-s2-xml2-u3-1050lm-program-h-e-7131917909
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wrong board my guy

How are flashlights not technology?

Do they grow out of the earth?

The one built into my phone because I'm not autistic.

My phone

>the virgin 60 lumens phone flash
>the chad 2500 lumens flashlight beam

Attached: virgin owned.jpg (960x673, 182K)

Nigga OP mentioned EDC, not your autistic scenario that you're trying to point out.

The SC600W IV+ is an EDC-sized 2500 lumen light. What's confusing you right now?

I'm confused as to why the shit anyone would carry a flashlight with him everyday.

You'll carry a condom every day when sex is just a distant possibility, but not a flashlight when darkness is a certainty?

I bought a pocket knife to use at work, and it turned out that whole brand is marketed toward EDC lifestyle milspec gearfag cunts like you, the type of person who color coordinates everything in their pockets including their FIELD NOTES notebook, hell they even featured typical EDC pics on their front page with their knives front and center.

Don't go into observational comedy, dude.

I think it's quite easy to predict whether or not you will need a flashlight tonight based on what activities you plan to do. You plan on walking through a forest at night and you're anxious? Great! Take one with you.
Even if you do unexpectedly encounter the need for a flashlight, you will still have your phone.

test

An EDC light is like... hold on, I'll go weigh mine.
Okay, with battery it's 110 grams.

Why not carry such a light device (pun intended) everywhere? You never know when you'll need one. Light fixtures go out, dark nooks need investigating, etc.

Why carry a 2 billion lumen light with 2 hours battery life when the one on my phone works fine?

110 grams is 11% of a fucking kilogram.

Which is nothing.

The one on your phone will work "fine" until you ACTUALLY need light. You can light up an entire room with an EDC light, tailstanding it on high.

fleshlights are better

I can stick my dick into it

I could stick my dick in my zebralight but it would have to be flaccid.

My phone light works fine for lighting up things. I have a lamp and a ceiling light otherwise, but I really do not need them if you want to just talk about hand held light. The phone works fine. I have multiple torches, and I use a red light torch as a night light for my room. But the phone is the thing I carry everyday and it does the job for unexpected illumination needs. Something that is actually useful over a smart phone is a wrist watch. You can wear it for fashion, it tells the time faster than a phone, and it doesn't clog up your pockets.

Attached: 60800344_p0.jpg (800x1132, 376K)

Watches are pointless and you're gay if you wear them. If I see you, watch-wearing faggot, I'll blind you with my chad light.

It's pointless to carry a torch when you have a phone. You may as well go full retard and conceal a D cell light. Hide it in your shorts so the ladies think you have a foot long dick.

Attached: 127.jpg (571x571, 49K)

I used to want a ZL but they're not that useful. You barely bought a flashlight it isn't even dinged up yet. Since you have a ZL, you know your lights and you have the best 18650 one. I gave up all my 18650 ones (they came from mouth fedoras) for a simple 219b AAA based flashlight with a maximum of 120 lumens. I have a sofirn thrower for outdoors if I needed it, but I usually don't. I think it's the best for me, I have a bunch of drivers, hosts and whatnot, but the AAA lights are the most useful to me.

>still mad no one wants to carry a second light with them
Wallet, keys, phone are all you need unless you have some kind of medical condition. And the phone being ‘needed’ is debatable as well.

forgot my pic, its too bad they don't make this light with the same driver and LED I enjoyed.

Attached: 4L_U5iMJfLi.jpg (4032x3024, 2.03M)

You might also need to edc a gun if you live in America.

A AAA with a moonlight mode is really useful indoors and at night. They aren't necessary, but if you get one with a better tint (warmer light) so they don't fuck up your eyes at night with a dim mode, it's way better for that reason alone. If you don't have mouth fedora 18650s, a AAA light is a lot more useful than you may think. It's also nice to just illuminate stuff to see it better to clean stuff or look at details. It's totally useless but if you get a flashlight with a good tint, you may find yourself examining shit under it just because it looks beautiful. I love my lights but nobody except nerds online share my love for them.

Fuck that is great quote.

You can probably hire someone to swap it for you.

My favorite AAA light is the Olight i3t, but it's hard for me to justify carrying it. It's 180 lumens for half the size of a 2500 lumen light. 18650 is really the perfect form factor IMO.

not really. I have a soldering station, flash my own drivers and mod my leds, so i'm not retarded enough to hire someone, but the drivers aren't like 18650 lights that have a 15-17mm clearance, the drivers on these are tiny, proprietary and don't fit anything else.
the zebralight is a good form factor but it's not like I kill AAA on moonlight or 10lm.

The olight i3t was free with shipping on BF, it has a blue cold white led and shitty modes at 10lm and 180lm, mine is a sublumen, 10lm and 120lm and it's a twist light not a clicker (smaller). I didn't want it for free even.

High CRI life!

>samefag
If everyone already has a smartphone then purchasing and carrying another light source is superfluous.

I hope the Emisar guy goes ahead with the emitter swap on D1S to the new osram flat white.

budgetlightforum.com/node/64066

maybe their work requires/benefits from it

Bloat. I have an sc62w, and the narrower head size is the difference between being able to feel the light in you pocket all the time and not being able to detect it without feeling with your hand. Also the moonlight lumen levels are too high (I like the 0.06 Lm setting). Enjoy your light, but it's not the best edc. It's probably the best pocket light for when you know you'll be needing to seriously light some shit up though.

Phone lights are abysmal. They're way too floody, you can't adjust the brightness, they're usually like 40-80 lumens, which is nothing, if you drop it you just dropped a delicate phone, you can't clip it to anything, you can't tie it to anything, you can't just hand it to someone, it can be difficult to use in narrow spaces, and much more! A dedicated flashlight is so far beyond superior it's indescribable. I've been carrying one every day for something like 8 years. It's absurdly convenient, I've never thought once "oh man this flashlight is weighing me down". It just clips to the inside of my front pocket and never gets in the way. I pull it out and put it away without thinking, even for just a few moments of darkness, it's just automatic. The brightness is never too much or little due to the variable output.
You just have no idea what you're missing.

I have a SC62 as well, but I found there was no difference when putting the lights in my coat pocket.

Ah, well I can see how that makes a difference. I only wear a coat for a few months out of the year, and then only when outdoors, so my light lives clipped to my front pant pocket.

SC600W is the perfect light for winter climates for that reason IMO. It's also nice to blast turbo indefinitely.

banggood.com/Astrolux-A01-Nichia-219B-102LM-AAA-Mini-Waterproof-Keychain-EDC-LED-Flashlight-p-1026854.html

Have this in my keychain.

Attached: edc.png (859x784, 588K)

Bought this one like ten years ago. I use a pre-charged NIMH AA battery, handy thing to have around. I like the tailcap button, you can push it just a bit for a quick burst of light without clicking it all the way on. My flip phone doesn't have a light so it's either this or nothing.

Attached: 384944.jpg (880x660, 28K)

I like my zanflare. USB recharging, lion battery, waterproof to 20 feet as deep as I’ve gone swimming with it, little thing for smashing glass, looks cool

How long can it handle such beam before raping the battery? 10 seconds?

I'm looking for something that can be used with headstrap and also be clipped to baseball cap. USB charging is must.

Any recommendations?

Currently using Ultratac K18 but it's old tech, NiMh AAA that requires separate charger.

Attached: 6_rdl_ultratac_k18.jpg (1000x700, 95K)

I still like the tried and true C8 which comes in Q5 for low lumen fags or L2 flavors.

I've retired my Q5 C8 in favor or the L2 because Q5 just didn't put out enough light when I'm walking down a pitch black beach.

ultra high powered lights are more likely to rape your hand first

This is MY EDC.. Come at me.. If you dare...

Attached: 934k5batvg321.jpg (1080x1527, 833K)

>EDC flashlight
When have you ever needed this?

By that logic just about anything can be posted here... and don't act like it's not obvious this board is for computing technology

surely you can replace its battery once it's dead right?

~25mins of turbo (2500 lumens) on the good samsung 3500mahs

You just screw it open, pop one out and pop another in. They're rechargeable batteries of course.

Two maglites, 6 D-Cell, with a chain welded on to each of the endcaps like nunchucks.

Attached: 1537400182970.png (1264x1584, 763K)

my phone

I didn't know those have 219B.

For $8 with shipping I guess I'll pick one up, thanks for the tip.

>pop one out and pop another in
how much is a replacement battery? can I find one at any shithole store/gas station? because I'm not going camping in Central Park

A cell that can be recharged 3000+ times costs $4-6. You can recharge with a solar charger, same as you would a phone, using same cable.

It's for all technology retard

no this board is for phones only and topics what ones we should buy

legit thought this was a fleshlight thread until I read this post

Phone, it also doubles as a phone. Your flashlight can't do that or any of the other things phones also do.

>Umm bob, the light went out in the AV room can we borrow your phone?
>UH OH A LIGHT WENT OUT? LOOKS LIKE THIS IS TIME FOR MY TURBO SUNFUCKER XVIII++

Phone is ok if you don't need flashlight.

If you really need one it's horrible replacement.

They have low, med, med high, etc. modes. The one in OP has like 32 modes you can configure to buttonpress sequences as you wish.

>Needing to replace the battery when on a trip
You underestimate the efficiency of these lights, and the capacity of an 18650. You can run the OP light at maximum Fuck-You tier output (2300 Lm) for nearly two hours. That level of output (the same as a 150W tungsten bulb) is way too bright for anything but illuminating a space the size of a basketball court or blinding the fuck out of someone. At a good reading light level (5 Lm) it will last for about 13 days of continuous output. At a level useful for trail navigation (77 Lm) it will last for over a day of continuous output. I charge my battery maybe once every couple of months at most, and I use my light all the time (for short durations). If you're worried about it, just pack a spare. High end lithium 18650 cells are under $10. You can charge them over a USB port with pretty tiny charging docks too.
You won't find 18650s at a gas station, but you won't ever need to.

Yep and it's extremely intuitive to use. On a Zebralight you click the button once to get your last set high mode, or you press and hold to go to your last set low mode. Holding the button cycles between low/med/high, and when you're already set you double tap to cycle between the sublevels of the mode you're in. A triple tap puts you in strobe mode, and a quadruple tap displays the battery level by flashing the light 1-4 times. You'll get the hang of it in 10 minutes of playing around. Usually what I do is click and hold, because usually I only need 1-200 lumens.

>You won't find 18650s at a gas station, but you won't ever need to.
can also take apart an old laptop battery pack to get dozens of em, tutorials are available online

Attached: flashlights.png (740x271, 59K)

You make these fucking things, don’t you? Were this month’s shipments a little low so you have to come to Jow Forums of all places to shill them?

Yeah you caught me, I'm a fucking flashlight shill working for Big Lumen. It couldn't be that I'm just enthusiastic about modern lithium LED lights because I've been using one for nearly a decade and it's awesome, but other anons didn't even realize they existed or thought they were all impractical blinding machines like in

Those Japanese condoms are too smol.

I have a tini with keys and carry a blf a6 in backpack/use on bike.

Attached: 18650 battery, Convoy S2+, Astrolux S1, Eagletac D25LC2, Zebralight H600Fd.jpg (978x754, 66K)

in the user that posted that pic
they don't anymore. it's 219c with PWM if you use a camera it's way more battery life though because of the led and the slower pwm driver.

>You won't find 18650s at a gas station, but you won't ever need to.
Also, many thick laptops and cordless drills have healthy buttonless 18650 inside them even if the battery-pack is dead.

Give me a flashlight that will illuminate the entire city. It's been my long-term goal to be able to illuminate the entire hill opposite my house (the reason is autism), but I NEED more power. Please, help me flashlight thread, you’re my only hope.

Attached: Classical Terry.jpg (600x900, 202K)

youtu.be/DwUC050kCAQ?t=229

Something like this? Watch their shit all the time despite not understanding anything they say.

Convoy S2+ with magnetic ring, custom driver and 10xAMC setup (3.5A) + XM-L2 U3.

Tini looks very nice but no clip and is not waterproof.

pic rel.
Left one is modified. Right one is stock xm-l2 with convoy's 2.1A driver. Both use NCR18650GA

Attached: 2111.jpg (400x711, 34K)

>That picture of Terry
this is exactly what programming (meaning: playing god) does to people.

The Convoy S2+ can be upgrated with 3x Nichia 219C pills to get 92+ CRI and more lumens.

It's also harder to cool. But it's better for indoor use.

OP is a faggit

>The one built into my phone because I'm not autistic.
obvious answer is obvious
/thread

also, this thread is onions

Solarforce.eu from Poland makes drivers for the Convoy S2+ that ramp down when the temperature gets too hot:
>"Thermal protection- the controller is equipped with thermal protection that operates in the background, constantly examining the temperature of the electronics. The protection adapts the diode current in such a way as to maintain its constant operating temperature in accordance with the currently set protection threshold, thanks to which we obtain optimal working conditions for the electronics, without the risk of damaging it by too high temperature. A four-step change in the thermal protection threshold is set analogously to the programming of the mode brightness (10 clicks), but the four available in this programming process are four thermal temperature protection thresholds: LOW> MID> HI> HOT (the brighter the mode the higher the working temperature)."

Attached: 16_rdl_reylight_pineapple_cu_aaa.jpg (800x560, 111K)

I know senpai. My s2+ comes from their shop. And I've also got the driver with temperature sensor.

>It's probably the best pocket light for when you know you'll be needing to seriously light some shit up though.
ok please answer me, why the fuck else would you carry a flashlight?

Yes! I want to create a sun.

Do you have a link the the shop that is not in moonspeak?

>Onions
What?
Please relocate to Jow Forumsconsumer_electronics
This board is for discussing technology, not brands.

Can't go wrong with Tenga eggs.

Attached: 2017-new-male-tenga-egg-cup-top-selling-sexy.jpg (290x482, 18K)

yeah I should have mentioned that they have gone from 219c to 219c on pretty much all the models that claim to have 219b. Still better than 7000k garbage

well that depends how you basing how good it is for ex: brightness, durability, weight and size, or all of the above.

Most times NICHIA looks better than CREE even at the same temperature.
>219B 4500K CRI 92
>219B 5000K CRI 83
>XHP70 5000K
>XP-L HI 6000K

Attached: OXTz4dk.jpg (2880x2160, 499K)

I believe this site should open in english if you're outside of poland...
allegro.pl/oferta/latarka-edc-convoy-s2-xml2-u3-1050lm-program-h-e-7131917909
If not - use google translate.

can you recommend me a flashlight, it has to be nice looking and frontal illumination like if you hold the torch of god.

Ok. Thanks.

No, buddy. Talking about CPU and GPU brands for years with no knowledge of how any of it actually works is önións. Flashlights are for people who go outside occasionally.

By "seriously light shit up" I mean 2,300 fucking lumens. Do you have any idea how much light that is from something the size of a flashlight? It's 230% overkill imo. 1k lumens is bright enough unless you're doing SAR in a helicopter. You save a quarter inch of head diameter and 24 grams. It's not the end of the world, but since I'm carrying mine clipped to my pocket I'd rather have the narrower head.

ma phone

>Flashlights are for people who go outside occasionally
>people who go outside occasionally
>occasionally

Carrying a dedicated device for occasional use
This is why I make 6 figures and you are living in your mothers basement.
if you save up you good boy points, maybe you can get some tendies for din

everyone owns a flashlight
not everyone is a faggit about it