What ides Jow Forums uses

What ide you use (for Python, Java etc.). I mostly use JetBrains product (got pro editions for free from uni). Thinking about switching because they are resource heavy.

Attached: jetbrains.jpg (355x142, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sanctum.geek.nz/arabesque/series/unix-as-ide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i actually use vscode

Vi

I use vim for quick scripting and ssh work. Can it be extendet with autocomplete and stuff like that?

Geany

Attached: Logo_Geany.png (1024x1024, 168K)

>using an IDE
I pretend to use vim but most of the time I use sublime because I'm lazy

Codeblocks.

VsCode is easily enough for Python

sanctum.geek.nz/arabesque/series/unix-as-ide/

I use linux(bash)+sublime+i3

nice this really helps me with overall bash env.

IntelliJ at home on a beefy computer, JGrasp on the road with the laptop. Notepad++ for quick edits.

yes look for deoplete plugin.

Not nearly as resource have as vscode. That shit is slow as turds compared to jetbrains

Emacs

Emacs

This

Kwrite and Konsole

If it uses the resources for useful shit why do you mind?

I use atom. I don't have anything fancy setup and I honestly don't even really like it (feels bloated) I just haven't had time/haven't cared enough to look at alternatives. Full on IDEs just annoy me.

>sublime
at least use open source shit like vscode

tried vscode, found it too laggy compared to sublime

Try using Sublime Text or VS Code.

terminal/command prompt with emacs

VS2017 professional
VLIDE
BLADE
Notepad++

Vscode

/thread
I tried vscode and holy fuck its a turtle compared to jet brains and even visual studio 17. Not to mention you need jetbrain plug ins to even make it usable. Just buy an enterprise key for $8 on eBay

Intellij is a godsend. Emacs for anything non Java.

i use vim with a set of plugins for completion and navigation/ctags
i'm just way more efficient with that than any alternative

recently use vscode for webshit, picking up typescript

The Jetbrains IDEs for bigger projects, vim for small stuff and quick edits.

Use emacs.
Extend emacs.

IntelliJ at work and home as well.
Undisputedly the comfiest Java ide

^this, even comfier with Brew Java plugin.

Can it import eclipse projects? I have to occasionally get some from our gitlab.

Microsoft Word 97

Yes.
If it's non-maven/gradle then use import, else use open and click the pom.xml/build.gradle file.

This has been the best working method for me so far

Whatever pic related has for the language that I’m currently working in.

WebStorm with a personal license

There is literally nothing better for Java than IntelliJ. If it's resource heavy get a better computer.

Emacs for everything that isn't an MS language.
There's literally no reason to use anything else with the number of major/minor modes, gtags, helm, autocompletion, on-save hooks, smart package management, elisp flexibility and power, and REPL environment options.

Probably the only thing I don't use it for is Java because the only good way to do that is to use an eclipse backend anyways, and I never write in Java, so I just pop open intellij for that.

you retards should try vscodium

visual studio 2019

Vscode, i program in dart/flutter (im a hobbyist go easy on me)

VSCode

It’s really only a ram hog. You have to tweak the configs to use more ram, about 4gigs is ideal.

intellij for all things JVM. I'm also getting annoyed with how bloated it is. Seems to get slower with every update. I have it configured to use as much RAM as it wants and it still crawls. But I can't live without it.

>programming in two dead Google languages
Well at least it's novel

IntelliJ for Scala and Java. VSCode for JS and other stuff.
How is it bloated?

A few years back a lot of people were telling me that QT Creator was a good IDE and I didnt believe them because it was so bare looking. But now I started using it and I am impressed with its interface and functionality.