What are you gonna do when you're eventually gonna have to use a windows computer?

What are you gonna do when you're eventually gonna have to use a windows computer?

Attached: favourite image.png (565x289, 303K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia
quora.com/Why-did-Google-abandon-Linux-in-Fuchsia
slashgear.com/report-fuchsia-replacing-android-is-still-googles-plan-19538226/
androidcentral.com/googles-fuchsia-os-may-replace-android-5-years
hub.packtpub.com/googles-smart-display-push-towards-os-fuchsia/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have no idea what windows computer is or does, sorry.

Have you ever seen another person's computer?

By eventually, you mean right now?

You mean a Microsoft computer? Oh, I'm already using a Surface Pro. It's pretty comfy with Fedora installed.

Use it as I did in my entire life, running it perfectly and without issues. Being productive as always and laughing at fat fucks who pretend to be good at computers because they spend all days ricing their shitty distros, posting their anime wallpapers on Jow Forums and losing their minds to broken drivers.

Attached: eehh.jpg (854x715, 81K)

Stoically suffer through it, as I do every time I'm forced to use a Windows 7/10 machine as the family tech support guy
>I can't log into gmail!
>How do I print {document}?
>There's no internet!
>I can't find {file}!
>The computer's doing something weird!
...etc

Attached: 1543890846018.png (306x306, 117K)

wow it's almost as if 99% of those issues are user related and not Windows related

please consider suicide

Not always: parent's keyboard and mouse stopped working yesterday. After much confusion on everyone's part it turned out that Windows had arbitrarily decided to reinstall its USB drivers, in so doing locking out all the USB peripherals. 10/10 OS, would install Ubuntu/Mint for them but they absolutely need Microshit software for work.

Attached: 1544029917758.jpg (710x359, 47K)

today on things that never happened...

>would install Ubuntu/Mint for them but they absolutely need Microshit software for work.
lmao do that and enjoy getting 10x the calls
>where did my internet go
>what is this
>how do I x

trust me, I went through that during my "edgy anti-windows pro-linux" phase
I tried switching everyone over to Linux
wasn't worth it in the end, since I was getting way too many calls

is all of Jow Forums underage. no one fucking uses linux after they turn 18

I agree, as much as I hate Windows and enjoy Linux, Windows works for them so I won't interfere
Sadly this did happen, my poor mum was quite distressed. The other USB related favourite of mine is USB driver updaters which require buttons to be clicked with a mouse to confirm the update, halfway through said update when the old drivers have been uninstalled.

Attached: 1543766821445.jpg (400x388, 71K)

but muh games

on a serious note, I used Lubuntu on my main PC for a couple months, pretty solid desktop experience. Once I get myself a Thinkpad I'll just install Arch to flex

It's the most popular kernel in the world, you mong. There are more Android Linux users than Windows users.

>What are you gonna do when you're eventually gonna have to use a windows computer?
Be frustrated by what a horrible experience Windows is.

Google only went with linux because it was free

see: they plan on replacing it with Zircon with Fuchsia

>Google only went with linux because it was free
No, because it is widespread, functional, and portable.
>see: they plan on replacing it with Zircon with Fuchsia
Source?

>No, because it is widespread, functional, and portable.
More like because short of making your own kernel you can either go with BSD or Linux

>Fuchsia is based on a new microkernel called "Zircon".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Fuchsia

Fuchsia is the future for Google btw, just so we're in the clear

quora.com/Why-did-Google-abandon-Linux-in-Fuchsia

BSD isn't a kernel.
Those sources don't prove any part of what you claim.

>BSD isn't a kernel.
holy fuck you're pedantic
sure the isn't a singular "BSD" kernel, but you knew what I meant you absolute totem pole

>Those sources don't prove any part of what you claim.
what?
I said that that with Fuschia Google is no longer going to use Linux for their shit, instead going with Zircon
it's literally there you fucking mong

but sure, let's keep this going
slashgear.com/report-fuchsia-replacing-android-is-still-googles-plan-19538226/

androidcentral.com/googles-fuchsia-os-may-replace-android-5-years

>sure the isn't a singular "BSD" kernel, but you knew what I meant you absolute totem pole
I don't know what you mean, actually. Maybe refer specifically to a kernel when you are talking about kernels, rather than being vague.
>it's literally there you fucking mong
Then quote it.
Those other links are rumour and innuendo from non-official sources.

>I don't know what you mean, actually. Maybe refer specifically to a kernel when you are talking about kernels, rather than being vague.
fucked if I know about all this freetard shit, can't keep up with all that garbage, all I know is that BSD is an OS with a kernel, which was forked down the line in a bajilion versions

>Then quote it.
or maybe read the sources I link, since I literally copy pasted that part from Wikipedia you turnip

But sure, keep living in denial
Flutter is a big thing at Google and guess what? Flutter is the main way to develop apps for Fuschia, so you best believe that Google is betting big on Fuchsia.

Their new system for the smart-speaker-display things runs on Fuchsia, so it's already begun
hub.packtpub.com/googles-smart-display-push-towards-os-fuchsia/

I've been thinking about buying a used Surface Pro. How well does it run Fedora? I've been wanting to run Debian on it, but I've been told that it lacks a lot of drivers. Does the pen work correctly?

Attached: 1412812361338.jpg (720x300, 140K)

>since I literally copy pasted that part from Wikipedia you turnip
You mean
What do you think that proves? Because it doesn't prove anything about Google replacing Android Linux.
>so you best believe that Google is betting big on Fuchsia.
I won't do so without evidence.

holy fuck are you dense on purpose, what the meaning behind that line was that Google's new OS is no longer using Linux, which is a big thing. Why would the go through the trouble of making a whole new kernel just for kicks?
It's quite obvious you're not here to debate in good faith, but instead to reply to small chunks of my own replies and attack those instead of doing any of your own research.

So I'm stopping this here with one last message.

Linux will be dead in 20 years.
Peace out

No evidence at all. Come back when you have something of substance, rather than speculation.

If you want touchscreen support Fedora isn't the distro for you. They don't care at all about mobile devices.

I might have a degree in computer science, but if I have to use a windows computer I instantly become the clueless grandma again

Attached: 96bbdcdee62f77b1b4cffbd7c9d88059.jpg (808x1000, 63K)

how nice of you to out yourself as an ignorant manchild

if you say so user