How did Apple go from this

How did Apple go from this...

Attached: imac g4.jpg (1280x760, 164K)

... to this?

Attached: modern apple design.jpg (660x768, 49K)

Steve Jobs is dead.

to this

its funny that although it got much worse to the point of beeing laghable, the first pic is also shit design

This, it looks bad and also fragile

What's with that black cover? Why did they do it?

/thread

shock resistance

kinda ironic when all flagship phones except one are NOTCHED

Yeah pretty much this.

That picture screams
>designed by apple in california
>made in china

>are NOTCHED
I'm hoping samsung doesn't buy into this bullshit before tech makes turning off that part of the screen to use the camera then turning it back on a feasibility
a shame since the "flat" budget s10 was the first thing I've heard about them since the s5 that had me interested

all of Jow Forums is underage. this is so embarrassing

What does made in china have to do with this? All those things in the picture are design problems, so "designed by apple in california" would precisely be the issue.

Are you implying that the production factories came up with their own designs as opposed to just receiving the instructions for what to build from California?

Extra battery.

[CITATION NEEDED]

Reminder that Apple almost fucking died 20 years ago before Jobs came back. Pic fucking related.

>Was gonna sell for $9K
>Launched at $7.5K
>Dropped to $3.5K
>Dumped at $2K

Attached: Twentieth_Anniversary_Macintosh,_Berlin_2014.jpg (3064x3382, 1.87M)

You forgot
>now worth $3k to $5k

That's the point. I was mocking how they put
>designed by apple in california
>made in china
On every product to try to minimize the fact that they are chink made, like pretty much everything else. As if the "designed by Apple in California" were somehow a plus, as the OP clearly shows.

Picasso is dead

[BRAIN NEEDED]

Is the charging port really on the bottom of apple mice? This must have been fixed.

There's literally nothing wrong with the USB dock. It's time for companies to move on, we've had USB-C for like half a decade now. It's ridiculous.

And Apple's lightning and USB-C audio adapters are great. They have nearly identical audio characteristics as iPods and iPhones, which shits all over garbage like "Schiit" which costs 5x more just for the entry level DAC. The only thing you'll want to do is add an amp for hard to drive headphones

>lol if you complain about not being able to use a mouse while its charging you're just a sad cunt with no life

Attached: youhavenolifelol.png (1015x260, 30K)

They have no idea how ridiculously sturdy that hinge is.

The circular bottom is possibly the dumbest part of the design.

Let me answer that question, with the two main reasons
1. Jobs kicking the bucket
2. The cucks lobbying, and firing his protege Scott Forstall, while using a smearing campaign on blogs about "muh skeumorphism is dead" so that the applefantard applauded the decision, instead of realizing they had fired one of the best employees in apple history

The result? Ive pathetically destroying the UI for years. Sadly Dieter Rams was not there to copy him on UI design

Attached: file.png (3175x1381, 679K)

ps: Forstall was the true father of the software side of the iphone

staying classy, staying terrible

Attached: file.png (3163x1947, 1.08M)

Skeumorphism will make a comeback. Just give it another 10-15 years for young designers to become nostalgic for the Vista/Leopard days.

No, it's intended to charge while not being used.

>iToddlers will defend this

iToddlers BTFO

Attached: iToddlersBTFO.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

Steve Jobs died. I still use my Mac pro 1,1 (2,1) with 8 cores (X5365) and 64GB of RAM. Will never be obsolete

>Will never be obsolete

Attached: old emachines computer being reborned.jpg (1200x1600, 289K)

Attached: Picture 6.png (1439x899, 1.6M)

Attached: IMG_20181211_173236.jpg (4160x3120, 1.59M)

Until they make web browser that uses 65 GB of ram

Based

dabbing on those iToddlers
Bazed

good thing you posted an image with shitty enough quality so that people can't read the explanation behind the hilarious big words

>unironically using antique, wired headphones
>not having two mice
>not having an extra iPad to plug your pen into
>not using a wireless SD card, in 2018
>not liking your phones like your women

Its like Nintendo and Gunpai all over again

I'm dead

The old CEO died and was replaced by a retard who can't into computers.

Wireless SD card baka
Have fun transferring your RAWs and finding a decent fast one in the first place

Apple laptops not are designed for use with mouses, you need the trackpad for everything.

Retard spotted

they didn't install gentoo on it

faggots took over after steve jobs was kill.
>pic related
faggot that took over after jobs. look at his dick sucking lips. he just wants to gentle caress your dick with his lips

Attached: timcookappleceogay-665x385.jpg (665x385, 36K)

The 1,1/2,1 max out at 32GB. I have two. 64GB support came with the 2008 (3,1) models.

That being said, mine are both 12 years old now, maxed with X5365's. The server has 24GB in it, my main has 32GB. Damn things are tanks, and honestly the only reason I will replace one is when the 12-core 5,1's get down to 1k or less, because I would love to have 96GB RAM.

>faggots took over after steve jobs was kill
but steve jobs was a faggit
he literally died from GRIDs

Faggots have always complained about their design yet in retrospect they are always leading the pack and have outstanding lifetimes on their products.

Good god I forgot how bad that looked. Their new shit is only slightly better though.

How didn't Apple go from this...

Attached: 1539018740025.png (1654x202, 31K)

look at these fucking idiot underages who have probably never even seen a G4 in the wild lmao

that hinge is sturdy as fuck and well secured into the frame, makes a really great carrying handle and also allows you to actually adjust your monitor to an ergonomic position and also swivel it in all kinds of directions, the piece of shit all-in-one design starting with the G5 was an utter downgrade in almost every way other than looking nicer to vapid minimalists who think being a bore and having taste are the same thing

still use those things as SSH terminals and they're fucking great at it

I had a G4 windtunnel that was like 6+ years old and still being a file server, then it started to get CPU cooling problems. When I finally got around to re-spackling the CPU to heat sink, it literally took me 15 minutes, and I didn't even have to pick it up off of the floor.

have a dual 1 GHz Quicksilver in storage somewhere that I don't use much since it's not a SCSI configuration and the L3 cache chips on the processor module are fucked up and need to be constantly heat gunned in the summer

if it didn't have the latter issue it would be a pretty great system

I used a G4 MDD (and a FW800 that succeeded it when its board died, otherwise I swapped all the components over to it) up until two months ago as my main system. Most reliable machine I've ever had, and one of the easiest to work into. It's a damn shame it had a 2GiB RAM ceiling, as that's literally the only thing that made me switch to an x86 machine. Those dual 1.33GHz 7455s felt fast when coupled with a maxed out system (Including a Radeon 9800, a SATA card and an SSD) and Leopard.
Fuck, I wish I could get a G5 instead of having to make do with an x86 shitbox. I miss PowerPC and Leopard so much.

I still have mine aslo but have it on 10.5.8 with a 1.25GHz G4 and 2GB of RAM.

My 2.3DC G5 runs too fucking hot in the summer. I'd probably still use it more though if the C19 power connector didn't mean I'd have to run another annoying cable behind my desk.

>he just wants to gentle caress your dick with his lips
but that's rape

It's an expanded battery, plugging into the lightning port to charge the phone. You don't need one but they're fairly popular because iPhone battery life isn't great.

Jow Forums is dead

I would buy it (now) just because of this anime

Attached: Serial_Experiments_Lain_Screenshot_0114.jpg (1008x720, 82K)

>Are you implying that the production factories came up with their own designs as opposed to just receiving the instructions for what to build from California?
Chinks unironically do this.

>CEO is gay
>Expected anything other than shit.
Come on dude, like, what did you really expect?

There is literally nothing wrong with that mouse.

Of everything in that picture, the keyboard rages me the most.

kek