>in $CURRENTYEAR
no one here gives a shit except for underage /v/irgins

Raytracing doesn't matter (yet)

$1000 videocard for just barely 60fps and no visual difference

Wait another generation for games/hardware to catch up

>AMD
>GPUs
They can't.

Too bad that's not how marketing works. They already fucked themselves over with being late.

>bfv
Literally who's playing this?
>rtx
you mean that same shit MGS GZ did 5 years ago?

Attached: metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-screen-filtering-screen-space-reflections-001-on.png (1920x1080, 3.47M)

fuck right off

God stop calling this crap raytracing.
This is to raytracing what bloom is to HDR stop getting fucked in the ass by marketing bullshit.

please tell me the vaseline camera effect is from the dumbass recording this at the wrong settings

>cubemap is raytracing
The absolute state of Jow Forums

>clickbait thumbnail
>"hardware" canucks
stopped watching this cunt and most every other "hardware" reviewer when they all didn't rip the cooler master case a new asshole earlier this year the only one I bother listening to now is gaymers nexus

Buying into raytracing at its current state is the equivalent of buying into VR a few years ago. It's obviously a great advancement, but basically useless at this stage

Go back to /v/ faggot

60FPS FULL HD
IN 2018

Oh I am laffin

Attached: goldface.gif (800x430, 564K)

>looks the same to the user unless they autistically try to find faults in minor details
>can actually be played at 4K 60fps with modern hardware
Yeah thanks I'll stick to cubemaps for now. Let's try this raytracing business again in 2030.

Yeah the raytracing is still too simplified(too few rays) at this point to make any real difference.

VR is still a meme.

Raytracing in its current existence is a meme.

Nvidia infamously cheat in benchmarks by reducing precision, and have done since at least the GTX 400 series.

I don't know if I'm just getting too old, but games are rancid shit these days. We got the quality we dreamed of as kids, in exchange for destroying everything that made games interesting.

> >looks the same to the user unless they autistically try to find faults in minor details
Funny, the same can be said about "optimized" raytracing, the old version was more accurate.

Imagine being so bootyblasted you want the industry to stay in the dark because your peasantfag company can't do it. This is the guy who got clubbed in the head for saying we shouldn't use fire when it was first discovered

>Nvidia infamously cheat in benchmarks by reducing precision

You mean like how AMD cheats by "optimizing" (reducing) tessellation by default. Or how they've been cheating since the Quake III days?

You mean like how NVIDIA cheats by using their influence over developers to get them to jack Tessellation up to unnecessary, wasteful levels to cripple performance on AMD cards?

Or how it also cripples performance on their older cards?

And I assume you're the kind of person who bought a $1000 VR headset that's now gathering dust?
There is a time and a place for new tech, and it's when we can actually properly use it.
So maybe if in a few years we can actually run games at a consistent 120fps in 4K, we should be looking into this meme technology again.
Unless you really want to enjoy your full hd reflections I guess.

50% performance boost is pretty good, although I personally wouldn't buy into RTX right now.

Both are shit, 75hz minimum or bust.

This.

What case? What happened?

>There is a time and a place for new tech

You mean never because Jow Forums is a luddite colony that wants nothing to ever be released because it might make their 9 year old Thinkpads look even more shit?

>HURR TESSELLATION CONSPIRACY CRYTEK IS SABOTAGING AMD
>turns out crytek's base map just has a tessellation ocean in it by default and even has it in the community map creator

>HURR CRIPLING OLD CARDS!
It's just as much of a myth as "Finewine"

>set tessellation factor down in gamework titles
>fps shoot up with no loss of visual quality until you get to really low levels

>nvidia cards don't let you lower tessellation factor, thus making older cards run the game worse for really mostly no reason

sure, bud.

not op but its not though. nvidia purposefully recommends developers who use goyworks to jack up tessellation to extreme levels. this results in two things:
>hurts older gen nvidia cards
see wticher 3 release. one of the reasons why there were so much outrage was because nvidia users on keplar cards were getting assblasted by stupid high levels of tessellation. wasn't just amd. though amd was hurt the most at levels above 8x.

that's why so many started to do actually notability testing and unless you were super autistic no one could tell the difference between 8x and 64x. you can minorly see the difference between 4x and 8x. with 16x still debatable.

then move over to fo4 when they added goyworks with goylights. unless you had the latest 1000 series pascal card, goylights looked god awful if not at ultra setting and if at ultra it tanked performance hard. and it was purposeful.

it took modders like nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15211/ to actually fix it.

goyworks doesn't just hurt amd all around, but hurts nvidia users as well not running the latest goyforce card.

also don't forget nvidia going full jew on vram.

babeltechreviews.com/the-retro-series-the-r9-290x-vs-the-gtx-780-ti/

look at how the 780 ti loses to the 290x in the overwhelming number of gaymes now because of nvidia going full jew with 3gb on a high end card at the time. that extra 1gb of vram on the 290x makes it still a good card for 1080p gaming to this day.

Coolermaster released a case that advertised as a high airflow case with a mostly closed off front panel. Most reviewers said the case was great, but gamers nexus were really the only ones who did thermal testing and found out that the thermals in the case were so poor that you could actually lose performance by using the case. If I remember right anyway, I think it was the H500P or something?

The case had a bunch of other problems too, like shitty build quality that a lot of other reviewers didn't bother pointing out.

it was because of gaymers nexus that made cooler master release a new version with a mesh front panel. and a cheaper price too.

but I can't blame cooler master as the market has been wanting form over function. its been going this way for a while now and mostly because of corsair jumping into the market and tickling the ballsacks of autist. with the likes of such cases as the over priced 650d obsidian. piss poor airflow but everyone loved it because the way it looked.

while cooler master with such great cases as the haf xb evo and haf 932 which offered AMAZING airflow started to lose sales to autistic drones who want to blow their heads out by hearing a simple slow moving 1200rpm fan because its "to loud."

Yeah, you're right about the market making the decisions, but part of that is likely from the lack of actual reviews showing how form can actually affect performance of components. Now that we've got some better reviewers more push-back against that form over function idea should occur.

But it looks just as good as RTX unless your face is pressed directly against the monitor, only this wasn't a proprietary feature for a $2000 GPU and runs faster. It's almost like we don't yet have the technology to efficiently render raytracing in a capacity that surpasses the current, more efficient methods at a substantially higher level of visual fidelity.

also
>playing BFV
I really hope you can get over your disability

Attached: 6955074.jpg (244x244, 8K)