What are some Jow Forums approved web browsers?

What are some Jow Forums approved web browsers?

Attached: Waterfox_logo.png (256x256, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/google-engineer-fired-writing-manifesto-women-s-neuroticism-sues-company-n835836
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

final answer

Attached: 1500492942069.png (992x1101, 740K)

qutebrowser

>Chrome
>Good tier
You have to go back

Literally just werks
Sorry about your autism

Shit and outdated list.

IceCat > Firefox ESR > Firefox >>>> any other GLOSS browser >>>>> any proprietary browser

firefox.
like its the default browser in every distro almost

isn't Midori dead anyway?

Lynx.

Attached: 357BFB35-7FDE-42EE-9694-501B99689BC5.png (1100x799, 16K)

the way it handles lots of tabs makes it unusuable

"Lots of tabs" meaning how many? And what's the problem?

UnGoogled Chromium.

>firefox

Attached: womyn_and_shitskins_cant_into_merit.png (1352x1448, 182K)

(at least last i checked)
- tabs don't spill-over, instead they just keep getting smaller and smaller until they're unusable
- no good vertical tabs option
- no option to have tabs load on demand, tried a number of extensions for it, but they don't work very well

>how many
100+

Google Chrome is the only Jow Forums approved web browser every other web browser is botnet and should be avoided

Attached: Google Chrome.png (512x512, 19K)

kek

brave is the current best browser on the market. literally chromium maintained for you with all the google shit stripped out.

First 2 you're right
Not sure what you mean by the third, you mean like have them hibernate and reload when you reaccess them? Or not load when you open in a new tab until you focus it? Because it can do the first natively now with some flags

>Google Chrome is the only Jow Forums approved web browser

Attached: 1539761155012.png (842x792, 82K)

>brave is the current best browser on the market. literally chromium maintained for you with all the google shit stripped out.
I like Brave, but it still lacks addons compatibility and the adblocker is sub-par.

I use Waterfox while waiting for Brave to have updates.

Firefox esr with custom user.js

namely, i want to be able to open the browser, and have tabs not load their contents until i view them

no such thing

The only alternative is Chrome, and Google is significantly worse than Mozilla.

what extensions arent working? it just uses the chrome store with everything available as far as ive looked. but yea, the one thing i really want is more adblock lists, which they said is already coming soon. so im looking forward to that.

What is it about waterfox that makes it so different than Firefox?

look, don't get me wrong, technically chromium is a decent browser, it's fast and is probably pretty nice to use if you're the type of user who has maybe 5 tabs open, and starts their session from blank each time, really basic usage
but for me, who researches things all the time, and uses tabs sort of like bookmarks, keeping anything i'm not finished with open, who has 100 tabs open at a /minimum/, and never closes them (i also have a session management addon to keep periodic backups of my session, it's that important to me, i've tried chromium a couple times, and when it crashed once and lost my session, that was a serious no-no for me)
basically, i don't think chromium is a bad browser, but it's not for everyone

Is this bait?

It has a built in bitcoin miner

That's fair enough, can't disagree with you there

If you're not using qutebrowser you're literally retarded.

Give me one good reason other than trying my hardest to feel l33t that I should be using it?

Which browser do you suggest for some who has 40-50 tabs up at a time for research then? It’s all so tiresome with chrome, which makes me half-gig caches and logs on my computer

that pic.
because addons works.
i don't care about anything else.

have a nice day!

>UnGoogled Chromium.
nazi kikes
wooden marble
smart drumpf supporter
kkk nigger
flat earth
vegan lion
uncrooked hillary

personally, i use palemoon. i can't really compare it to firefox anymore, because firefox has changed a lot since i last used it
if you liked pre-australis firefox, then you'll like palemoon, since it's pretty much that but kept up to date. it's not your average shitty tweaked firefox, it's diverged enough to call it a full-fledged fork
it's not the fastest browser in the world, and there are the rare pages that don't quite work as intended, but things like real tree style tabs and Session Manager are indispensible. also, don't think everyone just stopped making 'old' firefox extensions either, there's plenty of people maintaining official or forked versions of popular addons

use a firefox fork

All are shit except Tor and IceCat. And it's almost no different than using a Chrome fork.

>The only alternative to Firefox is Chrome

Attached: 1538543781031.png (586x578, 37K)

the difference is webkit is cancer whereas gecko is like male pattern baldness

>What is it about waterfox that makes it so different than Firefox?
See pic.

>It has a built in bitcoin miner
Fuck off liar shill.

Attached: waterfox.png (534x322, 17K)

Waterfox

Attached: 1482240588152.jpg (764x551, 263K)

Exactly? Only 2 relevant engines.

A bit outdated but still very relevant. Brave is cryptocurrency jewery that only Jow Forumsyps shill.

Attached: 1502053868295.png (984x1862, 1.68M)

Literally who cares? This shit reminds me of liberals who boycott a company because it has conservative owners, like Chik Fil A. It doesn't affect you in any way.

>shitting on based waterfox

Attached: SuggestionBoxSuicide.jpg (790x1000, 108K)

it's shit

Waterfox literally is an prebuilt about:config at this point. Enjoy your outdated and poorly maintained software.

Windows will change Edge for Chromium. Also on iShit you are always using Safari.

Still got those old add-ons :^)

old addons and not having to keep track of whatever changes mozilla makes to about:config between updates seems like a pretty good idea to me

>needing XUL addons when WebExtensions can do everything promised now

It affects the quality of developers which affects the quality of browser.

>It doesn't affect you in any way.

Attached: coraline.jpg (360x640, 90K)

>Waterfox literally is an prebuilt about:config at this point.
Except there is a lot of stuff you can't do with just about:config. And not even mentioning all the spying and profiling Firefox does on you the first time you install it before disabling everything (what it allows you to disable). You've already been datamined at this point.

Also, it has a higher addon compatibility and no SJW bias. Good enough for me.

yeah because the alternative is not SJW at all (james da more was a brilliant engineer)
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/google-engineer-fired-writing-manifesto-women-s-neuroticism-sues-company-n835836

Oh no, Mozilla now knows my GPU model and IP address, I sure did make the wrong decision to install Firefox. I even have made all the changes to Nightly that are in the Waterfox features screencap a few posts up.
XUL is deprecated and is on life support by Pale Moon and Waterfox. No developers will create new addons for it knowing this.
Furthermore Waterfox is downstream so "muh social justice" still affects you.

Did I said anything about Google you fucking retarded nigger?
Just use Waterfox, Brave, UnGoogleChrome or something.

They're the only two good engines, of course, the engines were made before the companies got corrupt.
Now they're corrupt, so it's time to fork.

you mean those shitty meme browsers which Jow Forums obsesses about for a few months and then disappear because it's already incredible that Mozilla manages to maintain a decent browser to work when Google is almost going to a monopoly (all other browsers are chrome reskins basically), clearly it's not something a random autist can do in his spare time. do you guys even remember pale moon anymore?

>I don't mind being datamined

Attached: 1538727447228.png (416x435, 114K)

>being unable to realize that one time info about hardware doesn't matter in the long term

Attached: 1490304349655.jpg (400x413, 95K)

Great for all-purpose web browsing.

Attached: icecat.png (650x650, 177K)

Precisely. These retards are out here smashing Kuerig machines

>it doesn't matter if I get spied just this one time

Attached: 1537466089562.png (488x463, 28K)

I user otter, mostly jsut cause I am a sucker for the old opera.

Attached: larp.png (250x264, 6K)

Why do you even think that telemetry about hardware is spying? Unlike other forms of data collection in Furryfox it's harmless.

>defaulting to Bing as the search engine
you can't make this shit up

>opera
>not botnet
what did the user mean by this

Don't use bing then, who cares.
I use Waterfox and DDG.

Give them an inch, and they'll take a mile. One should explicitly have to check a checkbox before any kind of telemetry is sent. I do agree that hardware telemetry it is harmless, but this would only be true if it is completely anonymous and has no way of mixing with other data (telemetry). One is hard pressed to feel at ease even for hardware info, considering the incredible amount of ways to fingerprint a browser today.

Thank you for providing a reasonable reply. I was expecting a brainlet wojak.

Yes, anons, you're being spied on all the time. All your privacy is being stolen you and you're not just a single insignificant blade of grass in a field of data

>I was expecting a brainlet wojak
Here you go.
It's one of my favorite.

Attached: 1544018399424.png (949x647, 26K)

>All
That is where you are wrong. A lot of actors are doing their best to do that, but are not that successful. Your interpretation of privacy where 'you lose one drop and it's over' is flawed. And protecting one's privacy is the best we can do, for now.
I've never posted a wojak (or frog) in my life, but I see the other fellow is back.

Ive been using Falkonfor a little while now after Firefox started adding more shit I didnt ask for , their shilling on start page, diversity shit on start page,pocket... i'd had enough

Attached: 768px-Icon_of_Falkon_3.0.svg.png (768x768, 81K)

clearly made before the chinese

If you're sending any data anywhere, you're privacy is already gone

all other responses are memetic garbage

Attached: thebest.png (1200x1200, 46K)

>KDE project

Expect it's development to stagnate and stop, like 80% of KDE projects.

Again, this view is misguided. If you're the only one to sit down in a theater room, is the room now considered vacant because people are in it? Data, all of it must leave before all of it can be considered compromised. This does not occur, however. It's only hopeless if you give up, user. So don't give up.

doubt it, it's just the same qupzilla guys who've always been developing under a new name

damn i feel like using this just for the logo

GNU IceCat > Pale Moon & Waterfox > Pozzilla Firefox > Any fork of Chrome > Chrome > Anything shat out by M$

Nice bait

I agree with the placement of everything except Pale Moon. It should be around fork of Chrome.

waterfox vs icecat vs palemoon vs ff nightly.
redpill me anons
what makes the difference?

remind me how linux affected you personally

or you know, get chromium and use your own addons...

Waterfox has the best addon support; it supports most, but not all xul and quantum addons. I haven't tried icecat lately, but it should be your go-to for freedom. I haven't used Pale Moon in a while, but it's probably still the leanest. Addon support is small, but not that bad. Firefox is okay. It's quite fast but make sure to get one of those premade user.js if you're gonna use it , no matter the release channel.

w3m and the power of imagination

>make sure to get one of those premade user.js
Haven't heard of those. Would you give me a quick rundown of what they do?

How is Waterfox mobile, by the way?
I use it on the desktop, but my phone has fairly limited RAM.

Something like ghack's user.js is kinda like a premade settings file for Firefox itself, i.e. not its forks (It technically works with them, but you might run into issues). They consist of a huge number of about:config tweaks to improve privacy, security and performance.

>Chromium
>phoning home to Google
>not botnet
What a shitty board this has become

go be retarded elsewhere

Vivaldi definitely

Attached: vivaldi.png (600x600, 31K)