IRC clients. Discuss

IRC clients. Discuss.

Attached: 72310b1309319e32200f99add8e9b2a2b03364db3b3ccb2625a386b8c9fc46ee.gif (200x250, 2.65M)

All I need is weechat, but I used to use ircle when I had a Mac.

hexchat and thats all youll ever need

I use irssi, but sometimes I think about developing a modern IRC client with embedding features more similar to discord.

Please, no.

Matrix

mIRC is all you'll ever need.

Discord

/thread

irc is dead

This. Simple as the old one from the 1999 dial-up era.

irccloud. I live with my time.

Attached: 13a821285aecb9ad1b71b12a3d5a237f_400x400.png (400x400, 117K)

These too.

BitchX
and
irssi

t. boomer

Normies are on whatsapp here.

erc

weechat

fuck you mongoloid. the people who tell me "i don't like IRC because no embedded pictures" are the people I don't want to have in my irc channel anyways

Newer terminal emulators ssupport emoji characters, for what its worth.

>My IRC channel is every IRC channel!!! GRRRR!!!
Nobody cares about your #programmingsocks channel, faggot.

Embedded pictures would be extremely useful for any IRC with technical discussion.

i don't want emoticons anywhere near my computer

Textual
Most GUI clients can have inline images though
>implying there are people in your irc channel

weechat is pretty good, although I got no comfy IRC servers

/thread

erc on emacs but if i didn't use emacs i'd be on irssi

discord faggots get out plz

>/threading own post
>proud member of a botnet

Attached: 1529950837354.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

Some graphical IRC clients allow for embedded media.

However, I'm failing to see how this might be of use for technical channels, since the majority of topics are plain text not images/video/audio.

On Slack disabling media expansion was one of the first things I disabled -- it can take up alot of screen real-estate and majority of stuff posted by co-workers really is just garbage.

Idiot, the problem with Discord isn't that there are embedded pictures, the problem with discord is that all text is stored on a third party botnet server.

mibbit while at work
Pidgin on my PC because all my chat services are on the same platform

If you are a professional programmer you use Slack at work. Why would you want to go home and fire up a shitty clone of it by using Discord?

is noone going to check those digits or what

Lol looks like ur the one who got checked

To everyone ranting about missing picture feature:
In every other chat system, it doesn't magically store it as a text message. It uploads it somewhere and drops a link to it on chat. You can do the same on IRC - upload a picture e.g. to imgur or literally any picture sharing service, right click on it and use "copy URL of the image". Then you can simply paste it into the IRC channel. Want it integrated? A simple script uploading an image and returning its URL. It's basically how every single image uploading in chat services works, just when it's integrated, all the immediate steps are simplified into doing the first. Then chat program does all of the other steps, including pasting it into the chat.

TL;DR: Just make an IRC client that shows images corresponding to the links. That's all.

irssi. i've played with weechat but didn't like it. have used BitchX, EPIC, and ScrollZ prior to irssi.

Attached: DlSc9bBX0AIs4Lk.jpg-large.jpg (2048x1824, 384K)

Irssi+GNU Screen+SSH on a remote server masterrace.

>emoticons
/-:

lmao

Attached: Capture.png (507x301, 219K)

Finch is pretty nice for IRC and other chat rooms

>look guise mr reddit

kys

Weechat on GNU/Linux and windows (through WSL)
RevolutionIRC on lineageos

This. You don't need much.

>GNU Screen
I use tmux, but that's the idea

Konversation or netcat

I downloaded weechat for my Linux laptop because I wanted to go full maymay. The instructions are fucking garbage. I could not make it work at all. Literally nowhere does it mention the "/connect" command that you need to do literally anything. It was completely unusable until some online rando told me to type /connect. Fuck weechat.

don't try irssi

I mean, I use irssi. It works fine

Can you still get Trillian? I miss Trillian.

t. 31-year-old Golden Generationer

We are required to use Trillian at work. Dear God I hate Trillian.

There are no good IRC clients for windows (HexChat/XChat are not free on windows).

Konversation is much better than HexChat/XChat, especially for bookmarking.

Thank god for Virtualbox, so I can ssh into my CentOS image when I need to use IRC.

I've been using Polari a little, conceptually i like it, its just... a little TOO minimal.

Irc.rizon.net
#Jow Forumstv

Come come COME
DO IT NOW

I am a wee normie. why can't Quassel accept file transfers when fucking weechat can?

Weechat + weechat relay + glowing bear

fuck off shill

konversation