RYZEN LOVE THREAD - THE DAWN OF COMPETITIVE CPU OFFERINGS

>great performance
>saves the user money to buy other things like a better Mobo
>only getting better with every generation
>leveling the CPU market

Did you get a Ryzen CPU, APU, or laptop?

Tell us how it went!

Remember, Intelshills hate competition and want you and themselves to be slaves to a monopoly!

Attached: ryzenlogo-100698897-large.jpg (700x460, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/newz/south-korean-amd-ryzen-sales-agency-teases-ryzen-7-3700x-and-ryzen-5-3600x
youtube.com/watch?v=TJrkufAAi5c
youtube.com/watch?v=1AF3LdL7Mhw
youtube.com/watch?v=C5L7XtFhk4c
youtube.com/watch?v=PnoyVpQLZWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QXFWRItkETs
youtube.com/watch?v=nVKn1Ke4hVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ri-M9O6h1pg
youtube.com/watch?v=PDSkFeMVNFs
youtube.com/watch?v=6Rknny-elQU
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/
youtube.com/watch?v=ReYUJXHqESk&feature=em-uploademail
anandtech.com/show/12621/memory-scaling-zen-vega-apu-2200g-2400g-ryzen/3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want Zen2 already

Attached: 1543585518490.jpg (960x720, 116K)

This thread is anti-semitic

Me too

Wrong.
Ryzen is fabbed by semites.

Nice try schlomo

>only Jews are semites
I suggest you look up what 'semite' means, then further check the ownership of GlobalFoundries.

>Needing a circlejerk thread to reassure yourself of your purchase
If your processor was so great you'd be secure in that fact. Enjoy your second rate CPU while the rest of us buy from the true industry leader. The fact that amdpajeets are relying ENTIRELY on a fleeting, brief lead in manufacturing process to take the lead in performance shows how inferior their products really are.

Attached: lol.gif (480x228, 499K)

Zen 2 is fabbed at TSMC. Checkmate poo in the joos.

Shill harder Ranjesh, Ryzen is outselling intel garbage 3:1. Now go and fight those anti-semitic AMD nazis.

Attached: 1501250462016.png (600x600, 32K)

Intelshills are so mad lol

videocardz.com/newz/south-korean-amd-ryzen-sales-agency-teases-ryzen-7-3700x-and-ryzen-5-3600x

:)

Not a circle jerk thread. Actually an Intel shill trap. And you fell for it.

Attached: comfypepe.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Full 14nm value: delivered.

Attached: 1544030069989.png (1327x1222, 69K)

That graph makes no sense.

Temperatures at different clock speeds depending on different coolers.

Noctua and Corsair were literally unable to sufficiently cool the chip to prevent it from hitting tmax

Look at it again.

Just come out and say what you think doesn't make sense about it instead of being a coy faggot.

I'm trying to see if AMDrones can read. Apparently not.

I'm using an 8700k though. Put your trip back on, btw.

Which one?

*forgot pic

Attached: Untitled.png (1064x560, 42K)

I don't even know how these things got in here.

youtube.com/watch?v=TJrkufAAi5c

youtube.com/watch?v=1AF3LdL7Mhw

I have a 2700X and love everything about it.

Perhaps I'll pass on Ryzen 2 and upgrade it to Ryzen 3 eventually.

youtube.com/watch?v=C5L7XtFhk4c

So good.

I'm glad with my R1600 but it still reach 80+C° at 3.8Ghz with the stock cooler
I'd love to get an R3600 when it comes out but I'm worried about my VRMs, especially if I get an actual good cooler it's not gonna blow air on them. Anyone else here with a Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3?

youtube.com/watch?v=PnoyVpQLZWQ

youtube.com/watch?v=QXFWRItkETs

>saves the user money to buy other things like the fast ram you need to make it perform

youtube.com/watch?v=nVKn1Ke4hVQ

My search terms that somehow ended up in the name field seem to have a theme

youtube.com/watch?v=ri-M9O6h1pg

RIP, sad dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=PDSkFeMVNFs

I have such great taste in music.

c-c-c-combo breaker!
(this one's Chinese)

youtube.com/watch?v=6Rknny-elQU

Great concert.

>Did you get a Ryzen CPU, APU, or laptop?
Nothing yet, performance is great in multi-threaded loads but I don't do much of that so I'm waiting for Zen 2. I don't want to spend all that money to switch to an entirely new platform from 4790K/Haslel and get a sidegrade or slight downgrade in certain workloads (some games, single-threaded loads). If I'm buying a new platform it should be an all-out performance upgrade in absolutely every scenario conceivable.

lol
How the hell can there not be "VOCALOID" under V?

And that's it.

That is ryzen 2...

hey AMD peeps, my fx 9590 has seen some good years recently, but my mainboard can no longer supply is with the watts it needs and it just crashed ans over heats even with a water cooler attached..

im thinking about moving to current gen once the xmas is over, im here to ask suggestions for builds cause (You) would know.

If you can wait a few months Ryzen 3xxx series should release early next year and it will be a significant improvement over current gen. But if you can't wait go for a 2700 or 2700X.

for 1080p gayming
ryzen 3 with rx560/gtx1050ti
ryzen 5 with rx590/gtx1070
ryzen 7 with vega64/1080/2070

oh sweet, guess i can wait for that, cheers desu

Ryzen 2600 is $130 on google express right now. So if you want to upgrade, its the right time. Or you can wait till ~April/May/June for Ryzen 3600/X

Zen 2 will be announced at CES in less than a month. Zen and Zen+ came roughly three months after announcement (Dec. 2016->Mar. 2017, Jan. 2018->Apr. 2018). I doubt this gen will be any slower to market after the announcement, and with TSMC being the fab they may be able to build up supply faster. It won't take six months from announcement to sales.

okay, and any mother board i get for a 2700x should be fine to house a 3000

Yes, but you will miss out on PCIe 4.0. Not really a big deal now but if you plan to hold onto it and upgrade in the future it might be an issue.

is that really gonna be taht much of a loss?

i have a 1080 and it seems to produce the fps i want in all my games so i don't think ill worry to much

thanks AMD peeps

I mean, a 1080Ti sees an average of 1% performance degradation with PCIe 3.0x8, so realistically unless you see yourself putting a new GPU in this thing 5-6+ years from now probably not.

Yes

What ram should I get for Ryzen, Corsair Vengeance LPX or G.Skill Ripjaws V Series?

I have a thinkpad which has an intel processor. when will they have a good mobile one? the ryzen 3 ones aren't bad but they're not as good battery life as intel, the cases are worse. the apu on it is good for graphics and rapes the intel one but it's not as good for battery life. i'm super excited for it, but it seems like they're focusing more on desktops.

This. Just put Rome inside me already.

Attached: maho_excite.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Can't say I love how Ryzen's can't handle more than 2666 MHz memory speeds if you're not a ramlet. Ramlets will probably defend this

THE ONE WITH THE BETTER REVIEWS

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/
Samsung B-die, single rank and take your pick. Prefer lower CL and higher frequency as your budget allows.

Wut? 3200+ is the basic minimum ram for ryzen.

>Can't say I love how Ryzen's can't handle more than 2666 MHz memory speeds if you're not a ramlet.
FUD. Just so much FUD.

youtube.com/watch?v=ReYUJXHqESk&feature=em-uploademail that time again

>that guy in the comments
I thought Pajeet shills were just a meme.

I'm so tempted to snag a 2700x on ebay with how good the prices are at the moment, but I reckon I'll hold out until Zen 2 before I retire my old 4770k.

There's no point buying Ryzen right now unless you are without a PC and can't afford more than what a Ryzen build will cost. Everybody without Ryzen is waiting to see what Zen 2 brings.

I want a comfy APU like the 3600G/X thing but I'm worried it makes 0 sense because slow memory will starve it anyway

I got a 1700x with a mobo on newegg on black friday for $150

feels good man

Attached: 1463581625126.gif (219x257, 225K)

FUCK I JUST BOUGHT A 2700X, HOW FUCKED AM I?

I get a R7 2700x in my new build and I must say I am very happy with it. I haven't even overclocked it. Seems to be a snappy responsive CPU. To be fair. The only reason I chose AMD over Intel is because I have fallen for to many Jow Forums memes. However, this particular one is the best meme going. Better than RGB lights and racing office chairs. I have fallen for both of these memes too. Long live the R7. If It ever starts to slow down I can just fit a watercooler and overclock. 3.7 is a hell of a speed for a processor. And we got eight of 'em. Noice.

Not fucked, there's still plenty of time until Zen 2 and you can upgrade just the CPU probably when that happens.

then give it fast memory, homo

>If It ever starts to slow down
Do you use it for gaming? If not I doubt it'll feel slow anytime soon, I have an FX-6300 for daily computing purposes and it still does just fine.

We are fine. Even when Zen 2 comes out it will take years for the industry to catch up to our performance. There are people out there still running quite happy with their Dual core Pentiums.

Say that to AMD - they need to give it on-die memory. Even the fastest DDR4 is too slow for a GPU, especially when shared with the CPU. Even DDR5 will be too slow whenever it comes out.

Neat, I was generally wondering. I want to re-live the Athlon XP days.

I do game. I am running an Ubuntu gaming rig with no dual boot now. Best graphics and performance I have ever enjoyed. And that's only on an RX580. I really don't see any upgrades in the forseeable future. Gaming is regressing and a lot of the best games are indies that don' want much power. Sure the screen tears up just a tiny little bit and maybeit would be a little smoother riding the greased Microshaft, but I just don't care anymore. Tired of M$ BS. Running a open source OS feels good.
>Inb4 Unbuntufag git gud
Fuckoff

>I am running an Ubuntu gaming rig with no dual boot now. Best graphics and performance I have ever enjoyed. And that's only on an RX580.
I also noticed this on my Ubuntu rig. Ryzen 2600 runs like a dream on this machine. I waited until the kernel smoothed out the issues with the new product before buying and I have to say, this is the best Ubuntu has ever performed for me, and this is coming from somebody who has always used Intel processors. I was using an i5 2500k before this.

Ryzen is a meme
multi-core is a meme

Games don't use multicore and probably won't for at least another decade
Even Blender doesn't use multiple cores and my productivity experience has been absolutely horrible

I am thoroughly disappointed with AMD yet again...

>Games
get a life

I could take the hit in gaming if it would make my work faster, but it doesn't. Blender doesn't work with this piece of shit.

Pic related, stock ryshit "experience" (not recommended)
It's sitting on a minor weighting operation like this for an hour. Might as well run a fucking dual core mobile processor lol.

Attached: trash.png (539x374, 15K)

>pic related
>underclocked to 2.08ghz
>only one core loaded
I think it is you who is retarded, user.

It's stock.

Literally the CPU underclocks itself.

First, you can't know whether slow memory will starve it or not.
Second, the performance gap is not that huge between different rams:
anandtech.com/show/12621/memory-scaling-zen-vega-apu-2200g-2400g-ryzen/3
Third, RAM speed prices are not that different, for example 8gb 2667 costs 67 euro here, while 8gb 3200 costs 71 euro and 3600 starts from 85 euro and goes up to infinity.

no, it in fact is you user

i highly doubt this is stock. you've done some retarded fuckery to cause this since my 1700 runs all core 100% load 3.9 just fine.

>multi-core is a meme
A few years ago when the Phenom II was a new thing, I had purchased both a dual core and a quad core for PCs around the house. They did exactly the same fps in every benchmark available. The only games that seemed to benefit was a few of the RTS games, which I don't play. Games are mostly single threaded, or use multiple cores in a way that is optimized. Multi core systems work great for actual work related tasks, but for gaming you are correct. It is something of a joke.

I finally upgraded from that Phenom II quad core, and bought my first Intel Chip Since the Pentium2 800mhz. It was the fastest quad core in my price range, and I did not want 6-8 cores. Single core strength is more important to me as a gamer than a bunch of slightly slower cores. I am happy with 4.8ghz i5 intel. I should be good for another decade.

>optimized
not optimized. This is a typo

MUH EFF PEE ESSS

It's stock.
You better believe it.

>MUH EFF PEE ESSS
I use a crt that is capable of 140hz, but I generally keep it at 120. You better believe that FPS is important to me. My computer has always been my game console. I have had many AMD chips over the years (K62/athlon/opteron/phenomII), but this cycle it just happened that Intel had the edge.

How are your thermals?

Cool
Speccy says 47 which is reasonable

Try running a CPU stress test while paying attention to the core load and thermals. HWinfo is a great tool. 2Ghz with 47oC seems a bit hot; but I really am guessing. It's possible thermals are an issue and your mobo is underclocking your CPU due to overheating. Get your ram up to spec, too via bios. Should help a bunch.

That's pretty cool. I'm an RTS fag so the multiple core thing is good for me. However, you must surely be aware, having browsed this board for so long, that the human eye is biologically incapable of seeing more than 24 frames per second?

>However, you must surely be aware, having browsed this board for so long, that the human eye is biologically incapable of seeing more than 24 frames per second?
That meme has been floating around since before memes were a thing. I wish it was true in my case. I have had friends try that brand of logic on me, and at one point about 10 years ago they came over to my house and tested my ability to notice frame rates on Counter Strike Source. They set the frequency at random, and I proved to them that I can identify frequency of refresh accurately up to 120hz. You may not be able to notice anything, but I can and I have proven it a few times to others. I can look at any quality display and correctly tell the frequency. 60fps looks like a flip book, and 30 frames looks like a slide show.

I have been gaming at 120 hz for nearly 17 years on a GDM FW900. I know what I see, and no meme can alter my perception.

>upgrade to 120hz from 60hz
>lot smoother, better experience
>60hz looks like trash now, can't play with it
>movies are unwatchable, I start going crosseyed in the theater due to low fps
>120hz is starting to feel like 60hz now even running 300+fps
Time for 240hz. I want off this ride.

Attached: google-uncomfterble-slighlity-nervous-doggos-the-dank-5391957.png (500x522, 138K)

It doesn't matter.

If Blender doesn't utilize the cores it's all moot.

ryzen is trash because it has no waifu advertising

>Time for 240hz. I want off this ride.
I agree totally. This CRT ruined part of reality for me. I have had MANY LCDs over the years, and I have given them all away except one. I have a 144hz Asus that I keep as a "side" monitor. It is tilted 90 degrees, and I use it for web surfing. Even a 144hz LCD made in the last 3 years does not compare to a Y2k Sony CRT. I don't know what I will do when the GDM dies, and it is dying. I know I am going to need a new Flyback Transformer, and have been looking for 3 years. Sooner or later it will pop, and it will die. LCDs all look like garbage, but that is another issue. I hear great things about plasma displays, but I am about 10 years too late to catch that boat.

Ah see I was gaming at 4 - 7 fps on my old celeron for about 5 years. For me, 30 FPS is real life fidelity. 60 fps is like a dream. 120hz gives me travel sickness.

3.8ghz stable & easy on dusty stock cooler

4.1ghz on 1.4v is max but it isnt stable on 100% workloads after 15mins, its ok if you need a quick render or some game cuz they dont even use a 50% of theads

i even tried 4.4 for the lulz but you wouldnt believe me anyway

this cpu was ~150euros, you're just retarded

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (1009x674, 187K)

>120hz gives me travel sickness.
The first 3 days I had this monitor, It nearly made me puke. I couldn't play for more than a half hour at a time. It is certainly smooth. I have always had high end graphics, even when having a Geforce II was a big deal. Computer has always been my gaming platform, though lately I am thinking that this will be my last one. I am tired of it, and the market. Many say how great it is, but as long as I have been doing it, it seems wore out. Many games are glorified console ports. The 60hz/60fps limits of games like Skyrim, Dark Souls etc gets old. Some have fixes, but some do not. Its a shame really. The PC audience is a side issue when it comes to gaming. We used to be cutting edge, and now we are just table scraps.