What's the best value GPU I can replace my 1080 ti with that has all round capabilities? Ie game and CAD

What's the best value GPU I can replace my 1080 ti with that has all round capabilities? Ie game and CAD

Attached: 709C32C7-57ED-4474-AC4E-D169A3C98297.jpg (602x510, 31K)

About to go with Vega frontier 16gb because I can get an i9-9900k as well

Don't be stupid.

CAD isn't using Ray tracing. So just stick with your 1080ti before I beat you up and rob you of it. Wait for the die shrink cards after the RTX 20 series. Which rumors say is in March.

My 1080 ti can barely give 3 FPS in solidworks 3D

It's a fucking piece of shit, somehow. I've never used something so choppy in my life.

And 2080 isn't good for CAD either dipshit you need Titan XP, Quadro etc

This.

You need ISV certified hardware.

This. By a fucking Quadro like a normal person, and put the 1080ti in another rig for your gaymen purposes.

Attached: TreeBumming2.jpg (392x284, 37K)

Tomshardware old rule of it not being worth it to upgrade to a new card until the 2nd Generation after your current card still is valid as far as I'm concerned.

So going from a 970 to a 1070 wouldn't make sense. But going from a 970 to a 2070 would.

The only issue is that nVidia has ass-raped us with high prices.

So if you have a 1080 Ti, wait for a RX 3080 Ti

Why would you need to replace a 1080 ti?

He's 15-years-old and thinks having a powerful computer will get him friends and a girlfriend.

>hey guys what's the best value GPU I can replace my second-best-GPU-currently-available not considering Titan shits which have the worst value ever?
If you're not satisfied with a 1080Ti, get two 2080Tis or some Titans or some shit, are you fucking retarded? There aren't many options there.

>but my consumer grade GPU only gives 3 fps in professional grade tasks!
Come on now, you can be smarter than that

Sold 1080 ti and got a vega frontier 16gb AND i9 9900k

*gasp* not only will my computer be faster but my CAD programs won't perform like dog shit.

1080 ti isn't used by Solidworks at all. Titan driver allows partial compatibility but anyone thinking a 1080 in Sli or some other dumb shit will be capable of 3d modelling is a fucking retard.

Thought about getting a P4000 and just having them both in there but kind of sick of over priced nvidia shit. I'll see how this vega piece of shit goes - it'll be better than the 1080ti as far as that program goes, anyway.
>being a supported card and all

Autodesk inventor. it's directx. No quaddro Jew required. Runs great on my 1080ti and 1060 3gb machine.
Have an old HD4750 laptop core 2 duo runs pretty good on that too.

keep up the good work OP, glorious retards like you are the reason why we swim in a sea of good and cheap used parts

>-2018+4036
>buying intlel housefire
Enjoy your electricity bill

Attached: 1541110938875.jpg (745x768, 106K)

It won't ? What ? I don't believe you know what you're talking about.

But... You still have a powerful computer

wait for 7nm GPU

I'm an engineer and my gf is a lawyer - we can afford our bills. unlike you poor faggots lmfao

Solidworks is what I learnt on (autocad was shit after using solidworks) and what place im working at now uses as well. all my friends got stuck with some old shit like micro station lmao

I felt you, learned on inventor (same shit as SW just a different logo practically, AC is all together different). Had to use SW for work, still favor inventor. I feel like we all get stuck on what we learned on.

But figured I would suggest since it eliminates the having vs workstation GPU delima all together.

>LARPing about having a gf
weird flex but okay