I just overclocked my SATA controller and PCI-E lanes

I just overclocked my SATA controller and PCI-E lanes.
AMA

Attached: sata.gif (512x292, 109K)

I just overcocked ur mum AMA

r u okay?

Enjoy your data corruption.

>I just overclocked my SATA controller and PCI-E lanes.
>AMA
pics or it didn't happen

is that some kind of bclk oc? If so what was the OC and is this just on a system for messing around because I understand that can introduce data corruption and other instability much more than normal OCing.

it just works

Attached: 038.png (528x518, 93K)

Why? It doesn't give extra performance because the devices on the bus hold their own clocks.

4.4ghz 2600x? That's close to 8700k 4.8ghz perf

holy shit

turbo boost for single core, unfortunately.

No. Kaby lake IPC is still better.
Also, it won't be stable all core load.

That's still insanely good considering you just removed most of the infinity fabric bottleneck with your CL14 RAM. You now effectively have a little bit more IPC than a coffinlake (maybe 5% more max).

And I underclocked her.

I was wondering who was on top of her doing it in the ass.

No. This isn't quite right.
IF is only affected by memory frequency. CAS latency is RAM only, but can improve performance slightly in some applications. Cinebench doesn't really care about it for instance.
Memory frequency is linked to IF clock, so it affects how fast the CPU cache fetching is, which has nothing to do with CAS latency. Yes, it all helps in the big picture, but even the fastest and least constrained ZEN+ core has less single thread IPC than kaby lake.

cheap CL16 samsung E dies, can't do 3200mhz at any timing, but ~3100mhz just works at 14-17-17

How?

Kinda hard to believe that when pic related exists. Intel not gaining any performance improvement with 1337 RAM means the infinity fabric bottleneck thing holds some truth. Maybe it affects core latency and L1-L3 throughput or something.

Attached: intel_sweating_intensifies.jpg (641x2895, 365K)

Bclk is the base clock for all the CPU related clocks, including PCIe and on-die data controllers. OC of bclk increases clocks of all the CPU clocks, not just core, which is usually not a good thing, as it can lead to peripheral clock desynchronisation and data corruption/blue screens.

These are all heavily multithreading optimized, which gives zen the advantage.

CAS latency has nothing to do with IF bottleneck, but can improve memory performance RAM side.
IF is only affected by CPU clock and memory frequency.

Half of them are but only up to 4 cores, 2700X has 8 cores.

ZEN multicore IPC > Kaby Lake
Kaby Lake singlethread IPC > ZEN

Nah m8s, we're missing something here. RAM latency does affect zen cores somehow because even though intel does get a performance boost from using better lower latency RAM, AMD gets a bigger boost in performance. High end 3466 RAM with stilts timing nets you a blistering 30% better performance in witcher 3 alone.

Unless devs have gone full retard and began allocating system RAM to be used as vram some wonky shit is happening with ram latency and IF.

Attached: ryzen2-mem-w3-2.png (830x541, 12K)

Should I be able to load up The Stilt's Fast 3466 preset for my CL14 3200 B-Die memory?

Attached: 1440557896139.png (565x510, 751K)

Hard to say, something about a needing bios update and type of RAM.

X399 on BIOS 1601 using F4-3200C14Q-32GTZRX.

Not him, but that's what it's there for: for B-dies.
His settings worked for my b-die, but keep in mind you might have to lower the voltage from 1.4v. Mine kept spitting out errors no matter how high I raised the voltage, but lowering it suddenly made everything stable - I'm at 1.37v. I thought B-die was supposed to scale well with voltage but apparently my set doesn't.

Agesa 1.0.0.6 is out for most x470 boards now, so now's probably a good time to try overclocking it.

I just overclocked my bios battery ama

Attached: jj2abj6m2q301.jpg (1080x1784, 435K)

is there even anything sata compatible that can throw out data fast enough to make the sata controller the bottleneck?

or anything outside of enterprise hardware for pci-e.

I cant imagine any need to overclock either of these things unless your just using really old tech and even then possible data corruption would likely negate any possible gains.

now copy all of your important data to another drive in the system
bet you wont

I just overcoced my Linux kernel.
AMA

based and redpilled
cringe and redditpilled

tbf, those things get hot