How does it feel knowing that the year of the Linux desktop will never happen and Google is far more likely to obsolete...

How does it feel knowing that the year of the Linux desktop will never happen and Google is far more likely to obsolete the GPL, the linux kernel and the GNU coreutils with it's own homegrown kernel and operating system within your lifetime?

If you don't believe me, recall the last time you installed GNU/Linux from scratch and count the number of times you had to google how to do something because you encountered an issue you weren't already familiar with
If it's more than ZERO, you've already alienated 99% of computer users due to how user hostile the operating system is.
I'll give an example with all the issues i got the last time I installed debian stretch, every meme arrow indicates a point where a clueness user would be forced to look up their problems on stackoverflow or elsewhere.
>sudo isn't installed
>you are not in the list of sudoers
>apt-get didn't work, the sources.list file was empty
>also wifi doesn't work
>there's no wlan drivers, how do I know which one to install
>how do i find the model number for my wlan card
>laptop has no ethernet port, forced to dig out usb to ethernet adapter and huddle over my router for this part
>why isn't firmware-realtek installing in apt-get?
>how do I add non-free repos to apt-get?
>i installed firmware-realtek, why doesn't my wifi work?
>the package is too old, the driver i need is in debian buster which has updated drivers
>how do install packages from stable-backports?
>wanna install google-chrome, it's not available in debian repos
>forced to download deb from google directly
>how do i .deb packages without apt-get
>install failed, dependencies not met
>how do i fix dependencies in apt
>close laptop, wifi is gone
>google for fix, user suggests modprobe disabling and reenabling wifi driver on suspend/resume with a systemd script

Attached: kizuna ai :3.jpg (692x713, 58K)

i'm not even done and the user is already expected to copy paste scripts from stackoverflow and how to enable scripts with chmod 744 and also that files need an executable bit to function as scripts
a clueless user would have given up at the first few steps, there will never be a year of the linux desktop and YOU know it.

idk werks on my machine

>a clueless user
Sounds like you alright. Install Mint, Memejaro or OpenPEEPEE and be done with it.

I stopped reading your thread after the first sentence.

Are you implying Windows doesn't have any problems after installation? 99% of users don't know how to install Windows let alone how to find the necessary drivers for their hardware. At least on Linux most of the drivers are built-in(and if they aren't built-in they are probably just shitty drivers that will cause issues no matter what).

Cope

Bruh.

Attached: 1526803507834.png (499x182, 6K)

> YOTLD never happens
> normies will never dumb and bloat Linux down
Makes me smile

Attached: mint.jpg (700x700, 96K)

Is this what you do now that people have shown you that there are indeed text editors written in CL?

>be me
>don't know how things work
>try to do things
>fail
>google and learn
>do things again
>do not fail anymore
>???
>profit
niggers gonna nig
white men don't fear the terminal

Well I've been installing Linux and Windows on my machines since 2002. There is roughly a 10:1 ratio about the problems encountered in Linux vs Windows installations. I simply don't bother with Linux anymore, it is just a chore. If I had the need for a unixy box I would simply buy a Mac.

>white men don't fear the terminal

White men impregnate white women, they do not waste time on ubuntuforums

>sudo isn't installed
why are you using sudo on debian
>apt-get didn't work, the sources.list file was empty
it literally sets this up automatically in the installer
>also wifi doesn't work
see above
>there's no wlan drivers, how do I know which one to install
this one is mildly shit, but it tells you what it's looking for in the installer
>how do i find the model number for my wlan card
see above
>laptop has no ethernet port, forced to dig out usb to ethernet adapter and huddle over my router for this part
had this issue on a Windows machine not even three months ago

>how do I add non-free repos to apt-get?
read the manual, normal users don't need this
>i installed firmware-realtek, why doesn't my wifi work?
>the package is too old, the driver i need is in debian buster which has updated drivers
>how do install packages from stable-backports?
>wanna install google-chrome, it's not available in debian repos
debian provides a Chromium build
>forced to download deb from google directly
>how do i .deb packages without apt-get
double click them
>install failed, dependencies not met
>how do i fix dependencies in apt
>close laptop, wifi is gone
>google for fix, user suggests modprobe disabling and reenabling wifi driver on suspend/resume with a systemd script

nearly nothing in this list is valid
and of those that are, installing Ubuntu instead fixes them

Windows or Mac do not provide freedom for the user.
A man who takes pride in his own slavery is called an "uncle tom" or "house negro." Are you a house negro?

weak bait, try harder

Not bait. Enjoy your EULAs and botnets

Install Gentoo.

t. virgin

Another thing that pisses off Loonix fags is the fact Google operates over 30,000 Macs and their employees overwhelmingly prefer iPhones, iPads etc because they're not cringey tryhard permavirgin NEETs

>virgin
Your mother and sister would both disagree

t. virgin

>virgin
Your mother and sister would both disagree

You've literally never touched a pussy in your entire life because your mother had you removed by C section like a fucking tumor. You're a useless failure. Kys

t. virgin liar

>Implying I don't cuck microsoft and apple employees on a regular basis

You use Linux when you are a software developer who needs tooling and prefers working with the command-line; you do not use Linux because you read some memes on Jow Forums. Window's will never be my host operating system because I am extremely comfortable with the Linux environment and prefer it for my profession.

>How does it feel knowing that the year of the Linux desktop will never happen and Google is far more likely to obsolete the GPL, the linux kernel and the GNU coreutils with it's own homegrown kernel and operating system within your lifetime?

Finally, I can't wait for the Lintards to die off

Attached: giphy-facebook_s[1].gif (480x270, 99K)

jesus who hurt your feelings?

why in fuck should give a shit about rando normies using linux? it's perfect for me as it is right now. in fact i hope linux retains exactly its current level of popularity and importance for the rest of time.

an operating system created at google is incapable of being anything but intentionally crippled cloud-based shit to preinstall on botnet phones and walmart laptops

>recall the last time you installed GNU/Linux from scratch and count the number of times you had to google how to do something
stopped reading there, normans are not expected to install OSes

>software developer
programmer

Get over yourself, girl.

What you're describing is a common phenomenon that isn't limited to freedom protecting operating systems. Everything that the average person will touch must be simplified as much as possible. Getting a man to think is dangerous, he might start criticizing the establishment as well as those who made and provide the [thing]. Thus the aforementioned are forced to make it "just werk".
>How does it feel
Not that bad. If it's not popular it is much less likely to encounter it's worsening that I mentioned in the last paragraph.

Nobody hurt my feelings user. I'm just telling it like it is.

>How does it feel knowing that the year of the Linux desktop will never happen
True, it will never happen.

>obsolete the GPL, the linux kernel and the GNU coreutils with it's own homegrown kernel and operating system within your lifetime?
Kek, their 'homegrown OS' Fuchsia is moving at a snails pace, not even Google believes in it (since then they would atleast assign some full time developers for it). Even a purely volunteer project like Redox is developing faster.

Linux has more incoming code in a day than these projects have in a year. Google+ has a better chance of toppling Facebook than Fuchsia has of toppling Linux.

The year of the Linux desktop was 2014. That was the year I had a harder time installing Windows than Linux.

>GNU/Linux
Linux

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Attached: 4L_q6fhgFm9.jpg (800x1354, 171K)

The year of the Linux desktop already passed and no one even noticed.

Man who tf cares
Just get back to wangblows

Hey I remember you.

I gave that last suggestion.
Did it work?

Attached: 1534120659167.png (727x712, 383K)

>Linux
Yes, it's a kernel commonly used with GNU and other things. What about it?

I encounter way more problems with the retarded OS you're shilling. I'm forced to work with windows and it really isn't pretty. At home I only use Linux. It has been two years since I encountered a Crash on Linux and I never needed to fix something.

Thank fuck, I can't feel contrian if everyone uses linux

Proper Pajeet. OP is obviously white and gives up too easily. This is why Pajeets are CEOs.

TL;DR lol

>If you don't believe me, recall the last time you installed GNU/Linux from scratch and count the number of times you had to google how to do something because you encountered an issue you weren't already familiar with
>If it's more than ZERO, you've already alienated 99% of computer users due to how user hostile the operating system is.
So like every single desktop OS I used, which includes both Windows and MacOS
>sudo isn't installed
What distro are you talking? Ubuntu desktop and its spins have sudo installed, same with Manjaro.
>>apt-get didn't work, the sources.list file was empty
Again, if you install a head-less distro like ubuntu-server or mini, you should be expecting these.
>>also wifi doesn't work
So, windows?
>>there's no wlan drivers, how do I know which one to install
What? They come pre-installed.
I don't use ubuntu but Manjaro works straight out of the box. On the other hand, I have to download a wifi driver from another computer and install it in order to use my wifi dongle in windows 10 education (latest stable build)
>Rest of the gibberish
I don't respond to strawman and made-up stories.

Realtek wireless works just fine, Manjaro OOTB. Sounds like you have hardware issues.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-12-12 18-15-38.png (2108x1366, 291K)

don't care, I don't use it because of its popularity (or obscurity)

Blissful

>Google is far more likely to obsolete the GPL the linux kernel and the GNU coreutils with it's own homegrown kernel and operating system
google is not going to be around it it's current form after another 10 years

>installed GNU/Linux from scratch and count the number of times you had to google how to do something because you encountered an issue you weren't already familiar with
What you are describing is the problem of a distribution maintainer, not an end user. If you don't have the expertise, you're the dumb one, not the Linux distro's source code.

Attached: new game.jpg (2880x1800, 480K)

>taking pride in installing an operating system
this is why linuxtards will always be a joke

No one's taking pride, they are just laughing at your struggle in doing something so simple.

FUCKING FAGGOT

AHAHAHAHHAHA

LITTLE BABY COULDN'T INSTALL UBUNTU OH NOOOOOOOOOOO

LOLOLOL ME RIGHT NOW AT U AHAHAHAHAHH FAGGGGGGGGGGG

yeah linux users are definitely gonna hop on over to some sort of monstrous google OS, that sounds like something that will happen

> >sudo isn't installed
Why is that a problem if you got a root account with password auth.
> >laptop has no ethernet port
Well, that is indeed a problem, I advise to change your laptop first.
And.. I want Kizuna Ai to rim my butthole. Imagine that thin tongue.

>another guy is a retard and moans to Jow Forums about it

Learn Lisp.

>recall the last time you installed GNU/Linux from scratch and count the number of times you had to google how to do something because you encountered an issue you weren't already familiar with
zero

>all that greenshit
could you make it any more obvious you've only ever used debian?

>keeps needing to 'google' things every time
>"there's no way i'm this retarded, it must be the OS's fault"

t. neckbeard virgin

That makes me feel happy.
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 (x86) a best.

>recall the last time you installed GNU/Linux from scratch
Uh, never. Who the fuck seriously does that?

>> normies will never dumb and bloat Linux down
Ubuntu.

GTFO, wincuck brainlet.

systemd
pulseaudio
cups
gnome

the list goes on

> wanting more of that
We can still stop it

>>sudo isn't installed
I made a bash function like this: sudo(){su -c "$@";}
>>you are not in the list of sudoers
why would I even need this.
>>apt-get didn't work, the sources.list file was empty
I don't install debian without internet connection. I did this once and the sources.list was empty and apt wasn't configured and I was fucked beyond believe.
>>also wifi doesn't work
As long as apt works I can deal with it
>>there's no wlan drivers, how do I know which one to install
Install all
>>how do i find the model number for my wlan card
Just install all drivers, I dont give a fuck
>>laptop has no ethernet port, forced to dig out usb to ethernet adapter and huddle over my router for this part
If this doesn't work, I give up.
>>why isn't firmware-realtek installing in apt-get?
This is easy, enable everything in sources.list by writing contrib non-free at the end of every damn line. (I really just do this, even knowing not every line needs it. who gives a shit)
>>how do I add non-free repos to apt-get?
A beginner can google this though.
>>i installed firmware-realtek, why doesn't my wifi work?
I don't know.
>>the package is too old, the driver i need is in debian buster which has updated drivers
Don't go testing, just accept it or use ubuntu.
>>how do install packages from stable-backports?
Never did this.
>>wanna install google-chrome, it's not available in debian repos
Just download it, unzip and start it with the terminal. maybe use a bash alias...
>>forced to download deb from google directly
Yes-
>>how do i .deb packages without apt-get
dpkg -i "filename"
>>install failed, dependencies not met
just try apt again with --fix-missing. If that doesn't work forget it.
>>how do i fix dependencies in apt
Don't know besides using this OS for 7 years.
>>close laptop, wifi is gone
Never had this problem.
>>google for fix, user suggests modprobe disabling and reenabling wifi driver on suspend/resume with a systemd script
Just try it. lol.

>this thread still is getting replies
just stop embarassing yourself any further linuxfags

Attached: 1541507622491.jpg (512x642, 56K)

Are you retarded? I don't WANT there to be a year of the Linux desktop. Security through obscurity.

I don't give a flying fuck that the hordes of normies wont use linux.

Attached: 1544316555857.jpg (1024x853, 79K)

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

what's wrong with having something only certain groups of people will like?
why does everything need to be normalised?

Operating system dont belong on Jow Forums, just like gayming talk

Based. Computers don't either, that's either gaymer or office drone shit. Just delete Jow Forums, nothing belongs here anyway.

ITT linux fags seething

My Linux desktop works fine. Less normies is a good thing.

Xubuntu GNU/Linux does not have this problem.

At least it doesn’t reboot while I’m working to force an update which deletes my files.

Literally none of us care if normalfags use Linux or not, but shills like you are so keen on preventing it. You’re not very smart.

>OP makes long post filled with lies and shill talking points
>Op gets BTFO in own thread
>somehow this means people are “seething”
You’re OP and you’re the one whose seething. It’s why you want the thread to stop because it’s embarrassing for you.

Bump
Freetards will keep replying to defend IBM kek

OP COPE

This.

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Fuck Jannies 六四天安門事件 The Black Lives Matter protests of 2016 天安門大屠殺 The Sandy Hook False Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Goyim Struggle 大躍進政策 The Gay Rights Movement 文化大革命 The Niggers Sent To Africa 人權 Human Rights 民運 Demoralization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-Glownigger system 台灣 臺灣 911 Inside Job 中華民國 Republic Not Democracy 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tendie 達賴喇嘛 Install OpenBSD 法輪功 Traps Are Gay 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize For King Nigger 劉暁波 Chris Poole 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Weaves 劉曉波动态网自由门

IBM has fans? I thought they went down the shitter because they insist on hiring only pajeets.

>IBM
????