Convince me to make the switch

Convince me to make the switch

Attached: openbsd.png (242x208, 13K)

Does anyone desire more than anything to put his cock between those voluptuous fish lips?

No code of conduct, SystemD, nor any backdoors. It's pretty comfy on a Thinkpad, but I wouldn't try it on a standard desktop without checking that every piece of hardware is supported first.

WHat about an Elitebook 2540p?

Just use freebsd like a sane person.

Attached: hurrdurr.jpg (680x688, 85K)

bump

Reminder that OpenBSD is lacking the following things:
>A robust filesystem such as ZFS, btrfs, or HAMMER2
>Any kind of journaling FS
>SSD TRIM
>NFSv4
>Support for more than one core on various parts of the OS. The firewall, pf, is confirmed to be one of these parts, although there may be more.
>802.11ac networking
>Nvidia graphics from this decade
>AMD Vega graphics
>Certain Intel graphics, at least judging from comparing the manpage to the wikipedia article
>Broadcom wireless
>Bluetooth
>WINE
>LUKS/dm-crypt
>Linux compatibility layer
>Mounting ext filesystems
>free(1)
>lsblk(8)
>Proper virtualization (vmd/vmm is awful compared to KVM+QEMU or even Virtualbox)
>and probably more

Attached: NOpenBSD.png (1000x1000, 168K)

like clockwork lmao

No.

i dont care about any of that, is it light weight?

OpenBSD is nice in the sense that it properly follows the UNIX philosophy, doesn't have random shit dumped all over the filesystem, and is hardened for security. A default install has barely any processes running and you can even disable some of them such as the mail server.
Buuut it's basically unusable on a real system.

>Buuut it's basically unusable on a real system.
how so

>No systemd
Fucking sold!

It also has even less software support than FreeBSD so you'll be restricted to using the few existing packages or patching and compiling software you want to work.

The unsupported hardware issue is overblown. I run it on Dell laptops. With one laptop I needed to physically swap the wireless card.

why is it a popular bsd then

is it just the meme mascot

Nintendo beat you to it.

>popular
err... it isn't really popular. It's used by a few companies that prioritise security above absolutely everything else and have the resources to make their software work with it, but I wouldn't call it popular. Software developers almost certainly won't be using it for work.

Just give it a try. If the wireless doesn't work you can either use a USB wireless or replace the internal wifi card with a supported one for $15.

Yes, but "lightweight" is a relative term.

in other words its shilled here because of its obscurity

>no systemd
yikes
daily reminder that BSD faggots are still creaming their pants over launchd

Attached: snap.jpg (165x250, 6K)

My elitebook 2570p works just fine, i have a Realtek rtl8188ce as a wifi card and all you gotta do to make it work is install the firmware

HOLY SHIT THOSE DIGITS

Dont make the switch, faggot

newretard trips are nothing special

its shilled cause its more desktop focused than freebsd, which is more tooled for server/corporate usage

It's also shilled because of it's reputation for security.

No. We don’t give a fuck if you’re too retarded to choose OpenBSD. It’s not for plebs like you, OP. If you need to be handheld as you are clearly desiring here, it’s not for you.

Just keep using Windows because your games or some app you think you need.

Another retard who needs handholding detected.

Are you underage by any chance?

I can tell you are, gaymer lad.

1989 Tiananmen Square Massacre 六四事件 八九民运 茉莉花革命

Don't. The community is fanatic, the system is slow. Compiling your own system from source is discouraged.

no