I want a small PC just to play CS:GO. Is a Steam Machine (rip) the best way to go...

I want a small PC just to play CS:GO. Is a Steam Machine (rip) the best way to go? I’m not looking for some large tower with airplane-tier fans blowing, I just want to play CS.

Attached: C5258821-DA15-4972-A0D1-BF2F264A09EC.jpg (1000x551, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-desktop-750-625rz
pcpartpicker.com/list/Wm8nr6
pcpartpicker.com/list/m27zRJ
airtop-pc.com/
zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/magnus-en1060k
anandtech.com/show/13352/ibase-launches-si614-sff-pc-with-nvidias-mxm-graphics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Grab yourself a low profile Dell Optiplex with a fourth gen i5 or i7 and throw a gtx 1050 ti in it and you're set. Would be nearly as small, much more quiet and cheaper than a alienware alpha.

The alienware alpha's are super loud so I would avoid them, they are also apple tier in prices, you could build much better for much less.

a machine with ryzen 3 2200g will run csgo 120fps+ at med

if you want a small form factor get an intel nuc, doesnt have to be the latest either for csgo, just something with an i5.

it will run like shit on a nuc

do nucs use intels igpu or some other soldered chip?
don't buy if it uses HD graphics that shit sucks

?

Attached: 99D24E2F-8423-4D64-8017-CC1FBC17B2C9.jpg (640x735, 116K)

doesnt it run on amd now? the gaming performance was pretty good from what ive read

no steam machines are shit

looked it up myself

Attached: file.png (783x540, 74K)

nah it'll run shit with the intel hd graphics

Better suggestion?

Dell and HP make good mini PCs.

store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-desktop-750-625rz

Don’t want a big tower though.

don't cheap out and buy some prebuilt garbage that will only last you a year. build your own mini itx rig. something like this:
pcpartpicker.com/list/Wm8nr6
you wont need a new pc for 5 years.

I only want to play CS:GO.

Other games are not important to me.

You could build a small mITX box with a Ryzen APU.

pcpartpicker.com/list/m27zRJ

Those new NUCs running Vega graphics are also extremely expensive, and I don't think in OP's interest.
This. 100% this and you get an all round decent 1080p gaming computer.

Airtop is expensive but runs totally silent.

airtop-pc.com/

Attached: levard.jpg (800x850, 547K)

Zotac makes a line of mini gaymer PCs.

zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/magnus-en1060k

Attached: mako_check.png (698x720, 760K)

Also check out the iBase SI-614 digital signage PC.

anandtech.com/show/13352/ibase-launches-si614-sff-pc-with-nvidias-mxm-graphics

Attached: mami.png (184x184, 58K)

is that a 4th gen i5 or i7? kys

that's also a lot smaller than low form factor

you can grab a lff desktop for less than 200 dollars, a lot less most of the time

Are you looking for a prebuilt or to build? I can put together a part recommendation-- I'm sure some other users can also throw some build ideas.

>Airtop
>$1500 base before customization
Shit, with $1500 I can just buy a fucking MACBOOK and take my chances with Steam on Mac instead

this or
this with rx570 instead because its much better value

RX570 has twice the TDP of a 1050, 150W instead of 75W. In a small form factor case like that Optiplex you have to think about TDP because your PSU and cooling are limited.

this man speaks the truth

if you aren't living in a fucking closet and have room for a mid tower get that
small form factor really gimps performance and will often be louder due to smaller fans moving at higher rpm
get noctua fans if noise is a big concern, ugly af but excellent performance and low noise

Videogames are for children you fucking manchild. Neck yourself on your way back faggot

I have one of these. Got it on sale when Gamestop was doing a get this shit out of our warehouses sale. The graphics card is equivalent to a GTX 750Ti so it's not much use for newer games, but it plays older games pretty well. My biggest complaints with it are
>No Windows 7 driver support, which doesn't matter anymore with Steam Play being a thing
>Only audio out is one of them optical out ports I forget the name of, you either need audio out through HDMI, or a dedicated USB sound card
>Came with an i3, could use an upgrade to an i7, but that's pretty expensive since all the OOTB configurations used low-power chips, which are more expensive than their regular power counterparts
>A single laptop hard drive is supported. Not as bad considering 1TB SSDs are getting cheaper now, but still, something to consider.
>Linux (the kernel) and Nvidia drivers go together like water and oil, this was the computer that convinced me never to buy an nvidia product again

Would I recommend it for $200? I guess, if you can find one and don't mind the drawbacks. Would I recommend it for $200 if all you play is CS? Sure, for that price, not for any higher though.

Attached: 1544064229510.jpg (757x910, 434K)

I do not want a tower at all.

I just want something that has the form factor of a game console (or smaller) which can play CSGO at a high framerate. That’s it. I don’t want a tower, period.

I might buy one of the Hades Canyon NUCs.

MUH AMD THO

>Videogames are for children
>Acts like a child just because of someone's hobby

Attached: Visible Confusion.jpg (430x381, 108K)

The LattePanda Alpha 800 with win10 should be more than enough

Attached: lattepandaalpha.jpg (900x600, 61K)

What do people think about the NUCs?

you can also at a GPU to this think

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 184K)

bump

The only NUCs that are somewhat decent for gaming on medium settings are those that cost like 1000 bucks without RAM and storage.

But it depends on which games you want to play. Some games like LoL can be played on pretty much anything above a core 2 duo. So anything with an i5 will indeed do for this kind of games.

But if you want to play the latest games with the heaviest graphics, only those top NUCs can somewhat handle that, but not on the highest settings.

You can also check out AS Rock Deskmini and Zotac's Zbox magnus, those are also capable enough for gaming on medium settings, but they're even more expensive and bigger than the NUCs. Pic related.

Attached: Intel Hades Canyon NUC8i7HVK, the ASRock DeskMini Z370 GTX1060, and the Zotac ZBOX MAGNUS EN1080K.jp (2304x1542, 931K)

go on ebay, search "dell i5 8gb ssd", pick a low profile box with a 3570 and stick a 1050 or 750ti inside. should run you about 300 bucks total.

>hardcore cs player
>spends 3.5k$ on a new pc to expand my horizons
>still only play cs

Attached: 1530394895379.jpg (1024x1024, 54K)