Wireless bluetooth headphones are the future for music listening as companies continue to make wired headphones...

>Wireless bluetooth headphones are the future for music listening as companies continue to make wired headphones obsolete to the average consumer

Have you converted yet?

Attached: beats_by_dr_dre_mqcy2ll_a_studio3_wireless_bluetooth_headphones_1360331.jpg (1000x1000, 73K)

Bluetooth is lossy compression.

no its shit you retard. why the fuck get fullsize headphones to lissen to 320kbs just use 0$ ear buds for that.

its not hard to get a phone with a headphone jack just get a cheap android one.

Nah, i use a DAP for my music needs.
Phones are just jack of all trades but master of none. Or maybe master of calls but that's it.

As long as all manufacturers stick non-standard proprietary non-user-replaceable batteries in them that stop holding a charge within 3 months to a year, I ain't buying in. This level of artificial product obsolescence rivals even that of Apple devices.

Nothing beats the longevity of wired over-ears with a detachable cable and replaceable ear pads.

>Nothing beats the longevity of wired over-ears with a detachable cable and replaceable ear pads.
Do you have any recommendations for products that meet that description?

THIS everything being wireless on irreplecalbe, often really shitty, batteries is a huge fucking no.
Some peripherals nowadays feel like they are made to last 3 months AT BEST

Poo

in

>Do you have any recommendations for products that meet that description?
The only ones I've had contact with are a pair of simple old Bose over-ears - it's a discontinued model without noise cancelling, but I replaced both the cable and the pads. They're now completely good as new. The sound quality is good enough. I suppose you can buy newer wired ones with active noise cancelling, which is powered by an actual AA or AAA battery.

I've also experienced AudioTechnica ATH-M50x, which also has replaceable cables. Beats the Bose in sound quality, while being a bit more bulky and still packing replaceable parts.

For a wider variety of recommendations on price points and sound profiles you should better ask in the dedicated thread full of headphone fanatics

Attached: ath_m50x_1_sq.jpg (500x500, 62K)

Attached: 4.png (726x800, 123K)

I've been using Bluetooth earphones lately and they sound pretty good. Soundpeats Q30 Plus

I never run out of battery with my wired headphones, how about you user? I also don't have to blast my head with radiation because I can use efficient and high quality wires to transfer signal to my headphones.

Horrible idea. Someone thought it would be a good idea to get me these as a kid and let's just say they don't work very well.

retarded contrarian

Fuck off.

Attached: scientists_about_op.jpg (680x709, 122K)

looks pretty accurate to me.

Attached: a.jpg (1018x190, 123K)

I've never had wireless headphones, thinking about getting this $40 piece of shit (Panasonic RP-HF400B) because I fell for muh minimalism meme and now I'm trying to get rid of cables on my desk. I know it's not gonna be the best sound quality but I'm willing to take the risk.

Anyone have experience with wireless being used with a computer? How's the latency? I'd like to use them for guitar tracking when I'm recording at night and for sound quality I can just mix on my real speakers during the day, though I don't know if I trust Bluetooth for that, but there's the no cables autism that'll be bugging me if I buy wired ones.
Also I can't find bluetooth headphones with detachable cables in my shithole, other than Beats, and I'm not spending $300 on those.

Attached: RP-HF400BPU-Product_ImageGlobal-1_mx_es.png (561x455, 107K)

Yeah.

No "Bluetooth" is anything but lossy compression. It is a standard for digital signal transmission.

Have been using wireless for years. Battery lasts over a week. It's extremely convenient in the gym and winter. Don't hear the difference in quality with my shitty portable sources. Planning to get xm3 whenever they're on sale.

literally every sub $400 wireless headphone sounds audibly worse on bluetooth than cable.

Nah, not true

Yup, recently got the XM3s and loving them.

i have converted, but i also haven’t found a pair of over-ear wireless headphones that don’t come with the cables anyway.

batteries will be an issue in the future, but i’m also unsure if there will be new codecs or better bluetooth versions to help make being a consumer whore just that little bit easier.

The Sony? I was thinking of grabbing a pair of those, they're actually decently priced in Australia. Are they bulky at all? How's taking a call on them?

>carrying around a fucking brick just to get marginally better audio instead of using a portable dac/amp
>won't even notice calls while wearing headphones
not like you will get any calls but still

well if they don't come with cables how the fuck u gonna charge them?

#1.) Buy good wired headphones with removable cord.

#2.) Buy a $15 Chinese bluetooth receiver.

#3.) Better "wireless" headphones than any complete all-in-one unit on the market for a quarter the price, and you can hotswap the receiver, or find ones with passthru to use powerbanks to power it if you like. E.g that 300mah bluetooth receiver will run for two weeks on a 15000mah powerbank jb welded to the headphone strap.

Thinking about getting some AirPods since my friend enjoys his, they charge pretty quick, pretty moisture resistant, and have a very stable connection I’ve read. If I do planning on picking up a wireless charging case sleeve and some silicone tips. Anyone know if there are some of the latter that create a nice in-ear isolating feel but still fit in the case? From what I’ve read it seems like they mostly help them stay inside the ear while more sculpted ones (like custom molds) obviously won’t fit the case.

I have a pair of bluetooth wireless but they sound worse then my less expensive wired headphones, you cannot be very far from your device but don't have to carry it which eliminates basically all the advantages of other wireless, you have to remember to charge them because I never do, the batteries don't last long enough for me and makes your phone discharge faster compared to wired, you need a special charger so powerbanks won't work which means you have to carry another charger around which is stupid, the one I had were heavier and weighted unevenly (I sold them), and they are over priced for the quality of sound you get.

cables to a 3.5ml jack.

Nope, went back to speakers. Wired is master race, fuck paying for batteries and fuck short shelf-life if it has an internal, rechargeable battery. But now quality control for wired headsets is dogshit, so fuck the manufacturers for ruining that too.

Got some m40x's and a Fiio BTR3 arriving tomorrow lads wireless here we come

Bluetooth can’t transmit lossles audio

I do have some wireless headphones, but they're for convenience, rather than sound quality. That being said, I haven't used them in 3 months.

Just get an adapter dongle if that's how you feel. Have your wired cake and eat it too.

ayo phoneposter here.
bought the WH-CH700N sony wireless headphone for 75 pounds.
feels like a pretty good deal

Yup. Solo 3 red pilled me. Based Apple W1 chip.

Yes.

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Wireless is garbage. Cable anything will always be superior.

Sony's LDAC protocol transmits at 990kbps and is on every phone that launched with Android 8 or newer

Yes it can.

Audio Technica release a wireless Ath M50x. I wainting for other companies to follow the trend of just adding bluetooth to their headphones instead of creating new shitty models

People I know who used them got headaches. I don't want that for myself.

my beats solo 3 get 30-40h (one week+) worth of playtime on a single charge. in the event i'm close to running out, 5 minutes plugged into a usb gets me 3 hours charge. it's a non-issue.

>bluetooth
>beats
No thanks user, I'll pass

Attached: fc2aa33.jpg (960x2445, 121K)

Honestly, fuck Joseph. He's the Ezio of JJBA .

>carrying around a fucking brick instead of carrying around a fucking brick
Nice one moron
>not like you will get any calls but still
I wish this would be the case so i wouldn't need to carry a phone.

>Buy a pair of bluetooth headphones
>Inevitably have to buy another pair of bluetooth headphones later on when the battery in the pair you just bought shits the bed
>Inevitably have to buy another pair of bluetooth headphones later on when the battery in the new pair you just bought shits the bed
Meanwhile
>Buy a pair of regular headphones
>????
>Profit

Can't deny it's a pretty good business model though.

Attached: 1543873273444.jpg (750x724, 53K)

B&O's bluetooth headphones have replaceable batteries.

Alternatively, get a bluetooth receiver (see pic) and use them with your wired headphone of choice. The battery still won't last forever, but at least it's a $30-$100 replacement rather than the cost of the entire headphone.

Attached: MSR7BTR1.jpg (1441x1920, 319K)

>B&O's bluetooth headphones have replaceable batteries.
You might have to worry about if the spec ever gets bumped too much and your headphones become obsolete, but other than that, it's acceptable.

>Alternatively, get a bluetooth receiver (see pic) and use them with your wired headphone of choice.
You're not wrong, but at that point, why not just use a device that has a 3.5mm jack?

>You're not wrong, but at that point, why not just use a device that has a 3.5mm jack?
The bluetooth adapters are usually smaller and lighter than a cellphone or portable music player. Also you can use it with a stationary source (PC, TV, etc.)

First bluetooth headphone i ever bought costed $60. Took me 10 minutes of listening, but i constantly heared a noise. So next day i returned them, bought 668B's for $30 and i was flabbergasted by the detail difference.

Never went back to bluetooth. Never will. I own better headphones than the 668B right now. But all wired.

Don't write off a technology based on a single experience. Bluetooth is just the wireless data transmission part, and some codecs are virtually indistinguishable from uncompressed audio (see aptX-HD and LDAC).

Remember that bluetooth headphones need to include a built-in DAC, AMP, bluetooth transceiver, and power management, all of which is extra compared to wired headphones. Any of these can and will affect the sound quality, and the old adage of "you get what you pay for" applies. Don't expect BT headphones to perform like wired headphones at the same price, since the cost needs to be spread out over many more parts, and corners will have to be cut somewhere.

>I bought a rusty fiat once therefore Ferrari is garbage

The Bose QC 35 II are the best pair of Bluetooth headphones I've ever owned tbqhf

>Sony's LDAC protocol transmits at 990kbps
so what
still lower than a typical flac file

I need a recommendation for a good wireless headset. Using it for gayming and not limited by budget.