pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
Deskthority, Geekhack, Massdrop
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page

Previous Thread:

Attached: IBM M60.jpg (800x600, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=10&size=2&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off
amazon.com/dp/B0722GG88M/ref=twister_B07GDJ4KJD?_encoding=UTF8&th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pls help :)

Shine 7

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

overpriced

whats the most i should spend on a model F XT?

Suggestions?

>Budget
Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
MX Greens or similar
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100% with media keys
>Backlight
Preferably multicolor, but single is fine as long as I can toggle it on/off.
>Previous/current keyboards
Logitech G510 received as a gift. The programmable keys are a meme. I like the "analogue" style volume wheel, but it's starting to fail slowly.
Favorite features are the backlight switch and the media keys/wheel.

50 bucks without shipping

Any of these will do
mechanicalkeyboards.com/search.php?keyword=&brand=&switch=10&size=2&led=&capmat=2&capprint=1&model=&availability=in_stock_pre&show_kb=off&show_kb=on&show_acc=off

I was curious about the Ducky Ones, whether you can turn the backlight off. Do you know if you can and how it's done? I wouldn't mind just unplugging it or something but I'd like to avoid it if I can.

yes you turn it off. you just have to hold FN and F10 for three seconds.

>two threads AGAIN

Attached: 1521134628544.png (680x638, 250K)

Fuck off, retard. 2/10 I replied.

Check the catalog fren

Attached: 99A46A6E39E54FAC9657C46FEF134B41.png (400x333, 91K)

Post your artisans friends

I've got one. Check out the manual you can turn it all off and there are many ways to customize it. Configuration is in hardware so you don't need to download bloatware.

Attached: 20180618_181751.jpg (2976x2976, 2.44M)

>other thread is on page ten and past bump limit
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

I don't see the other thread. Are you okay fren?

Does that mean it doesn't exist? We should only have 1 thread at a time.

Attached: DF02D57AD7DE46F598EA122442E52B0E.jpg (657x527, 57K)

Attached: heater board.jpg (2600x1733, 984K)

>Budget
150-175$
>Location
USA
>preferred switch type
reds or browns, ive never used a mechanical keyboard before so
>Layout
ANSI
>form factor
TKL
>backlight
i dont really have a preference
>previous
some shitty dome keyboards, ive never used a mechanical, any help would be appreciated

you dont know how Jow Forums works
fuck off

Topre is overpriced
Ducky is overhyped
Leopold are contrarian keyboards
Filco tries too hard to impress
ikbc are the only keyboards you should buy
any questions?

why are you such a faggot?

questions not relating to keyboards WILL be ignored

UwU

Attached: IMG_20181202_1233159.jpg (4056x2704, 2.79M)

very ugly, good job user!

>very ugly
shite taste, m7

Reminder that ABS>PBT
this is not up for debate

dude, did u have a photo of a PPK and a smartwatch with a Golden eye skin?

That picture was so cool and i lost it.

Anyone have any opinions on the Logitech g810?

No, that sounds like Drake's though.

Ive been using this keyboard for like 6 years and i want an annoying click board now what do you recommend i dont actually type that often

Attached: Redpilled af.jpg (700x295, 151K)

One of the box clickbar switches & a hotswap board of choice (gmmk, zhuque, etc).

Hello, is it an HHKB pro 2 really worth the price? I'm thinking on buying one.

No.

Ok.

Can someone on /mkg/ pleaseeee tell me the different between the filco majestouch 2 and the majestouch 2 convertible tkl, i don get it thanks

wired vs bluetooth+wired

are the keycaps good for that keboard? i dont wanna switch caps

No. They're thin, lasered ABS. Hard to be more crap.

I want a clean, no-gamershit white-backlit 60% keyboard. I’ll accept colored key caps. Under $150.

see

Whats the keyboard in the OP?
Custom made, or can you order it somewhere?

Leopold Fc750r PD

It's an IBM model M, no it's not custom made. IBM made 60% versions of all their keyboards with this version being the rarest model M. Also it's the only model M that has a caps lock LED on the switch itself, but for some reason IBM chose piss yellow as the color.

>backlit
Why?
>60%
Why?
>colored
Why?

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x384, 46K)

doesn't lubing tactile switches effectively just make them less tactile? is there any point if the switches are smooth enough as it is?

that's a nice desk fedora, OP

Depends on how much lube you use, how you apply it, and how thick it is.

what type of switches are those?

Attached: keys.jpg (4000x3000, 1.6M)

Should I bother with anything other than Gateron linears for my first keyboard? Are boxes a meme?

linears are pretty gud, they are a lvl up from rubberdome for sure.

that's not a desk fedora
this is

Attached: full size beamspring.jpg (1656x874, 449K)

most typewriters used type hammers for their switches

but then you can't smugly tell anyone about how your keyboard got LAYERS
btw God doesn't exist

Attached: 1437497521042.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

Just got rid of my old beamspring for a massive wad of cash and an F107. I liked it, but I just never used it. It's sat in my closet most of the last year and prices were too crazy to hold on to it.

Reminder that POM > all

I work at a secondhand store, and someone donated a keyboard that had the USB cable snipped. Because of this, it was going to get thrown in the bin. Since I was in need of a new keyboard, I thought I'd take it (after asking the manager, and her saying okay).
I'd assume there's a way to replace/fix the cable by opening up the chassis of it and desoldering something, but without being home at the moment (Went to the hospital after getting home, since my son injured his foot in soccer), so I can't really do much at the moment for the keyboard.
It's a Logitech G910, so would anyone know if it's possible to safely/easily replace the cable?
Sorry, I came to this thread because I'm not sure if it was more suitable to ask here, since it's a mech kb question, or if I should've gone to /sqt/

A little bit gamershit and a blue backlight, but cheap.

amazon.com/dp/B0722GG88M/ref=twister_B07GDJ4KJD?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

A USB is literally just 4 wires (power, ground and RX and TX serial). Solder on a new one and go. Or better, convert it to a removable cable while you got it apart.

How would I go about converting it to a removable cable? I'm writing some ideas down at the moment for when I get home.
Sorry, I probably belong in /sqt/

>How would I go about converting it to a removable cable?

You just hook up a female end micro or mini connector to the board instead. Then you plug a regular cable into that.

>mfw typing on BOX Jades

Attached: the definition of pleasure.gif (500x353, 497K)

>not having hundreds of layers on a full size keyboard.

Nah it's
PEI>PBT>PVC>POM>ABS
Harder plastics are always better.

I just use the Compose key
Why reinvent the wheel

>Bragging about knowledge of Jow Forums

Attached: 135451238888333.gif (500x340, 969K)

Nothing wrong with Cherry Mx Brown

Too mainstream
No hipster street cred
A good switch is one that most people have never heard of

But retooled blacks are god tier and are even more mainstream then browns.

is $35 a good price for a used non-rgb full size ducky shine 2? It does have box and shit, but it comes with 2 busted leds.

Sure. You can turn off the LEDs if you don't want to replace them, but you also have to budget for replacement keycaps since they'll feel awful.

>Why?
Because I want to see my keyboard in the dark if necessary. It comes in handy quite often.
>Why?
I have extremely limited desk space. I would only have room for a number pad if it were on the left side, unless I wanna type awkwardly to the left all of the time.
>Why?
I said I’d accept it if necessary, not that I want it. Thanks for the suggestion, but that thing is fuckhueg and literally won’t fit in the space I have.

So you admit you're retarded? Why would anyone do that?
Wait...
Don't tell me it was just ironic.

Close, but not 60%. Thanks, though.

Then browns what?

Don't reply to trolls, it never ends well.

I don’t understand this babble. How am I retarded for not wanting a massive fucking Model M on my small peripheral tray? Why would I do what? Do you know what irony is?

Yeah, you’re right. I’ve been on Jow Forums too long.

>business aesthetic
>no numpad
>no home/end
why is such a thing created

Do you even layers

No, you're retarded because you can't find the keys on a 60% keyboard. Even 12 year olds can do that. Who gives a shit about some old membrane keyboard.

How about you try some reading comprehension and following the posts.

Small keyboards would be useless if they didn't have a firmware that allows to map the keys in endless ways and to create multiple layers. Such keyboards usually come with a firmware of this kind, so all the functions you have mentioned can easily be programmed. The longer you use a small keyboard, the better you realize how much space do large/standard keyboards waste.

Please post retro looking keycaps

Attached: Atari 400 keyboard.jpg (2000x684, 882K)

Attached: 0VnH5Xq.jpg (2000x1148, 282K)

Full size best size

Attached: 20181205_204805.jpg (4032x1960, 2.51M)

Attached: IMG_20180704_174336.jpg (3026x1656, 1.19M)

I tried connecting a brand new Masterkeys Pro L to my mobo but it doesn't recognize it on any USB2/3 ports, even the USB to PS2 adapter didn't work, it worked without problems with my old membrane USB keybaord which was just a cheap CM Storm Devastator. I booted into windows 7 anyway reconnecting the old keyboard and tried connecting the new kb again but even windows doesn't recognize it on any ports USB2 or 3.

The manual only says if the USB2 port doesn't work then try on an USB3 port, nothing else, doesn't mention any driver requirements and in the box there wasn't any install disc either.

Attached: 152055822.jpg (1000x426, 162K)

Was it as nice as I dream it is?

Smaller keyboards make you more efficient at programming so in the 90s it was common to have a 60% version of your keyboard. IBM, Apple, and especially Fujitsu helped prove that statement to be true.

checked

Attached: Epson PX-8.jpg (2250x1500, 707K)

too big and not very efficient
real computer users prefer 60% keyboards

Attached: Kohmi Hirose HHKB.jpg (300x224, 12K)

*nibbles on your bamboo*

Attached: panda.jpg (2000x1333, 171K)

the color scheme isn't all that bad, but the font is just hideous

He's making fun of you, retard

>Font

Attached: Concern.jpg (320x320, 10K)

I tried an mx brown board in a store many years ago and was overwhelmingly disappointed

yes browns are shit cause shit is brown. we get it

Alright guys, I've been using the Iris for a while now and I can say it's really comfy. I tried it with XDA caps and now I'm trying my mt3 caps. I normally like to keep a larger board at my desk and get a smaller board to take out (like when I got an XD75 and niu mini) just so I have some extra keys at my home setup, but the Aliaz 60g are so satisfying and the thumb keys on this are so easy to reach, I completely replaced my box white ergodox. After using this board, I realized just how uncomfortably far the thumb cluster on the ergodox is. Every thumb key on this is easy to reach, even the inner ones (my hands are medium sized) Every key is 1u so it's compatible with ortho sets (unless you opt for the 2u thumb key).

There are still some keys I wish I had (dedicated arrow keys and various macros I like to use) so I might keep a macro pad on my desk but the Iris is fantastic and so are the Aliaz switches.

Attached: 20181212_141514.jpg (4032x2268, 355K)