>my shit's too slow for gentoo though
>devuan has old shit, muh arg leenox
>try atrix
>trash repos
>look into parabola
>they offer an openrc base install
>but you're stuck with a useless kernel
>look deeper
>they're using the same exact repos as arch, just piping it through an rsync blacklist into their repos and adding some extra shit like openrc as stated
what if I do the opposite?
>add arch repos to parabola
>blacklist parabola packages that overlap, linux-libre for example
>will probably have to block out systemniggers dependent packages too

I should be able to get a parabola openrc install while also having a blobbed up kernel and muh contrib software like openmw right?
Did I just come up with the perfect solution for the Arch Linux problem???

Attached: MASQURADEVIOLATION.webm (640x640, 2.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

parabola
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install OpenBSD.

Void?

I run it in a full screen VM on my laptop that's running debian. It's literally my favorite OS but it's missing a lot. I need to be able to mount dmcrypt ext4 drives and have the ability to set battery charge thresholds.
i don't enjoy the thought of cartoon sex with ponies. also their package manager is fucking trash. If I'm going to switch my life from arch the only other distro/OS it would be is gentoo, but again, genlop said it would literally take takes to compile my setup, and that's with using as many bin packages and overlays as I could find.
Here is the parabola openrc-base
parabola .nu/groups/x86_64/base-openrc/
would adding the arch repos and running
>pacstrap base-openrc linux-lts --ignore linux-libre work?
fuck I feel like I'm actually on to something here

Attached: THE CRAZY AND THE CONFUSED.jpg (630x630, 43K)

Nosferatu best clan.

Literally install Gentoo. Arch is for script kiddies. Gentoo is the apex of distro minimalism and configurability.

I know that
when/if I get a better PC I absolutely will, I've read the handbook like 3 times now because I love how the system is set up. I just don't have the hardware for it right now
also this is devilish as fuck

Both are for hobbyists that do nothing but rice their desktop and shitpost on the internet all day. If you have work to accomplish you just install Ubuntu or Debian and stop worrying about dot files and color schemes.

I use Arch by the way.

It can be installed on a toaster, if you leave it to compile overnight.
>projecting
I actually do work on it. Compiling updates once a week does not constitute ricing.
>Arch
But of course.

you mean over days
and no I don't have anything stronger to use with dist cc
eventually I get one of those ryzen APUs and I'll be running gentoo like the kool kids

I use gentoo wihout pulseaudio and without systemd. It works fine.

What are you running it on?

>not being able to turn your music player down without disturbing the volume of anything else going on

Why does Jow Forums hate sound servers again?

fpbp

I don't know why, but I've never gotten sound mixing to work properly on any of my machines without pulse.

Nosferatu are ugly fuckers who can't even be seen in public unless they want to get their ass beat by the CHAD clans.

They just hate the ones made by East German communists currently working for the NSA’s favorite Linux distro so backdoors can be squirreled away into it.

Not sound servers in general though.

There is no NSA backdoor in Pulseaudio. Audit the source yourself and compile it.

That was an April fools you dumbass.
Void is exactly what you want.

>Why does Jow Forums hate sound servers again?
pulseaudio eat 100% and i block this shit.

You're severely autistic, distrohopping is retarded and serves 0 purpose but to flaunt your ego and waste your time. Same with using server OSes like *BSDs for desktop.

*100% cpu

Void Linux. Only difference from your desired behavior is that it uses runit instead of openrc

>just audit this 1/3 of a million LOC shitty bloatware which is always in such a state of flux that it will all have changed by the time you have audited it
Nah I will just refrain from using any Poetteringware or other glownigger warez. Any software which needs actual paid shills should be completely avoided.

All three BSDs work great on the desktop kid. Distrohopping is a waste now that we have Devuan though.

There's nothing more chad than asserting your dominance by mere looks.

Attached: 1540821747843.gif (633x758, 14K)

Yeah, works pretty well when you can't even show your face in public, right? Nosferatu faggots always use invisibility to walk around on the streets. Nosferatu are the Jow Forumsentoomen of the vampire society. Tremere are the goat.

dumbass
you can have runit, you just have to rebuild a few shit without-logind etc

I tested it out using a parabola iso and it didn't exactly work. it still just used core from parabola and I can't get rid of all the mirrors because then it would just be an arch install without openrc.
is it possible to rename the arch core repo to something else in pacman.conf?
Or is it possible to just grab the packages that I need and make my own repo and just add that to parabola?