PCs will never look this good again

PCs will never look this good again.
Why are Normies ruining everything? Is it sadistic pleasure?

Attached: r85r5609m.jpg (600x491, 49K)

fuck off nostalgiatard

>Normies
you need to go back

>t

Attached: 1541572999403.jpg (500x431, 58K)

Attached: sun004-front.jpg (1600x1063, 182K)

Attached: ibm_pc_01-100676482-large.jpg (580x388, 90K)

Those are not PC's. They are microcomputers of varying architectures.

PC = Personal Computer, intended to be used by 1 person

the one on the upper right looks pretty good if it wasn't for the blue leds

Because it's based off of a BMW designed PC

*workstations

That looks 80s, the exact opposite of aesthetics.

PC meant PC Compatible, almost always.
Nowadays norman calls everything "PC".

>good

PC=Micro Computer, nothing to do with user numbers....

>Nowadays norman calls everything "PC".
It's sad, not only do they imply x86 but even Microsoft Windows when they say "PC"
Back when the IBM PC came out, it was clearly called the "IBM PC", not just "PC"
Then the clones came, Compaq PC etc... and suddenly PC changed its meaning.
I still refuse to accept that.

Finding a new case that is not overpriced and ugly like this shit is somewhat challenging.

If you want your computer to be a beige box with a 30 pound monitor on top nobody is going to stop you.

Is going through all the cases on newegg and seeing what you like really that difficult?

Attached: 1541428702633.png (700x700, 1.25M)

>Is going through all the cases on newegg and seeing what you like really that difficult?
It's impossible to buy quality beige cases with modern form factors and features
Zero exist

Attached: vpavic_180718_2757_0021.0.jpg (1200x800, 149K)

What is the widescreen CRT on the far right?

PCs are micro computers.
Not all micro computers are PCs.

I'd instantly buy a MacBook Pro if the screen wasn't glossy

Why would a particular brand of Frenchman call "everything" a "PC"?

Matte screens are literally a layer of textured shit designed to stop light

Glossy screens can cause headaches. They're so bad that Germany made them illegal at workplaces.

>with modern form factors and features
You're a fucking idiot

PC = PERSONAL Computer, which means it's made for home use by normies, and it's not a shit huge machine used by corporations and agencies

Germany makes everything illegal

Enjoy your micro-scratches

>buy minimalist case
>problem solved

B-but muh nostalgiautism

Attached: 615aM8PqWbL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 42K)

That's flimsy and cheaply build. 7kg, what a flyweight
Old cases had stainless steel frames and weighed in at 15kg empty

>Being fat is good

That's the Joke™

Attached: 33vhjzrcbro01.png (1276x586, 527K)

The name of the IBM PC was the IBM Personal Computer
Clones were IBM Personal Computer compatibles
It naturally became shortened to "PC" as time went on, since competitors all had their own names. Nobody called something like a Mac or an Amiga a PC, they were Macs and Amigas, and the broad term used by normalfaggots was usually just "computer," while when "personal computer" was used to discuss all single-user systems, it was usually pretty obvious.

Don't be too autisitc about it.

Nice baitposting
no one misses old bulky colorless trash

>all weight is fat
t. insecure lanklet who's never gone to the gym

I don't really miss beige, but I do miss computers being made by companies and engineers that gave a shit about them.

Attached: sgi_n_sun.jpg (1457x535, 100K)

What does that even mean boyo? I don't care if some wagie scrub hates his job, tech is better than ever in present year.

This looks nice
Those do not.

Most devices still look like boring colorless trash.
Imagine the possibilities

Attached: gamer washing machine black.png (750x1000, 311K)

People gave a shit. They took more risks and tried harder to differentiate their products from competitors, they cared more about the end user, they paid more general attention to details, they didn't just throw the cheapest Foxconn board they could find and some mediocre plastics into a generic aluminum shell to appease the lowest common denominator of a given price bracket. It's simply not as boring, things had more story and context behind them.

Technology is more convenient and generally "faster" now, but it's also quite stale and appliance-ified as the market has matured, dominated by a small pool of large corporations all making what are basically the same exact product. Even in software, the emphasis is more on delivering a product as quickly and as cheaply as possible than actually building a good product for the end user.

Attached: photo_2017-10-28_15-42-04.jpg (1080x800, 105K)

>PCs will never look this good again.
Male fashion won't either.

fpbp you're all fucking morons, you ahve the best technology ever and yet here you are complaining how you'd rather go back to fucking 1980 and stare at CRTs with textmode interfaces. Fucking idiots

Lowest common denominator. Whatever is the most average is what tends to survive.

Like mammals.

Attached: ibm_wallpaper.jpg (4201x3001, 1.77M)

>it's also quite stale and appliance-ified
computers ARE appliances you fucking retard, they're not toys

I don't you understand what an appliance is or what it means in this context.

yeah you think they're supposed to be some handcrafted antique that you display in your man cave next to your anime figures

Oh yeah, I had one of those "pizza boxes" back in the days... they were fucking amazing. It's a shame normies and zoomers will never experience the power of a Sparcstation.

lol

Meh, get better bait. I'm not giving you any more attention.

Agreed. Pcs like Are for gay /v manchildren

stop fetishizing technology like it's anything more than a tool for a job

Personal Computer (PC) is an IBM product. It uses the Intel line of micro processors as the main components, such as CPU.
What you might be refering to is a “PC Compatible”, which was a micro computer imitating IBM’s platform.
The term personal computer was chosen to seperate the product from IBM’s Mainframe line of computers.

>It uses the Intel line of micro processors as the main components
Which line? 80x86? i960? i860? If you're gonna pedanticpost you gotta go balls deep.

Why are there no flat screens with that aesthetic?

This.

There was a time when I liked gaudy cases covered with LEDs and the like, but nowadays I'm content with a discreet black box that fits neatly under my desk.

They're just computers my dude

>CRTs with textmode interfaces
>much of Jow Forums does everything with the keyboard and terminal apps
>mechanical keyboard generals are undying
>what OP's really talking about is CRTs like in muh cyberpunk and muh anime
Is anything wrong with that boyo?

I still worked with IBM shitboxes older than most people here in mid 00s and I can confidently state that you are so full of shit it's practically shooting out of your ears.
It's practically other way around.
Modern cases are enormous and even more full of metal than old ones and almost all hardware with very few exceptions is literally 10 times heavier

They're also something you spend a lot of money on and use constantly in your daily life. Why would you *want* an objectively shittier, more boring and more disposable product built to lower standards and expectations? Why are you even here if you don't care about technology?

*20 years from now*
“Why don’t computers look this good anymore”

The other retard is wrong in that he's basically assuming everything was a nice high-end/mid-range case back then, which simply wasn't true. I also find steel frame cases pretty overrated in general. But you're also wrong in assuming that it's the other way around, the flimsy corner-cutting trash in the entry level is definitely worse than what we had 20 years ago by a long shot. Nice things have always stayed the same.

I built my own system because I wanted something I could use for several years without needing to worry about upgrades. Some people just want a computer that can let them check their email and watch youtube, its not that hard a concept to understand.

And others, especially in tech enthusiast circles, see computers as something more than a cheap appliance for video games and Facebook and would like something they feel is of higher quality and actually worth owning for something other than bare necessity. This isn't really a difficult concept to comprehend, either.

Some people like nice things, others don't care, and to the former the latter pretty much dominates nowadays and they lament it, sometimes in rather cringy ways.

would anyone really think that though
>looks the same as it did 10 years ago
>a featureless uninspired aluminum slab like everything else it competes with
>no really cool gimmicks, real improvements or interesting history
>no good marketing to paint an optimistic fantasy future generations can associate with it
>just a generic 2010s laptop from the "good" brand that without its Jobs-era background would be seen as just another soulless megacorporation no different from Google or Microsoft
there's some current shit I could seriously see myself lusting after in 20 years but most laptops are just fucking boring and post-PowerPC Apple is just bland and all about taking away features

normies doesn't even use PC anymore.

Nowadays the PC market is made for productivity, professional purposes and gayming, normies uses their phones for everything.

>mfw I literally used most of the hardware in that shot and had a Sun Ultra 10 at home

Attached: 1535586387348.gif (500x286, 889K)

i really want one of these shitboxes, but these days they're hard to find