Why do people say this is better than Android?

Why do people say this is better than Android?

Android has much better video players, file explorers, music players, torrent clients. etc

Attached: ios-logo.png (1600x1600, 61K)

Android has a whole lot of shitty shit on top of that. Also, people fuck up real bad once you give them freedom which is why iOS is more ((secure)).

Because some people don't know how to use a phone correctly so they need Apple.

>people

Because its a great tablet OS and I like having my phone sync 1:1 with my tablet as it is my main computer.

Because most people are hopelessly tech illiterate.

Not really, what does iOS have that android dex doesn't have?

>this fag enjoys beeing part of the botnet

because it's not nearly as much as a botnet, and customization is for retards

>Android has much better video players, file explorers, music players, torrent clients. etc
Those things are nice but very few people actually use them. I can only speak from personal experience, but I think iOS handles day-to-day operations quite a bit better than Android does. Android is quite awful with power and ram management whereas iPhones with 4 gigabytes of memory seem to be able to best some Android phones with 8.
There's also the fact that it handles updates better. Apple has a lot of leverage over iOS as a product, and as a result they can put a lot of pressure on a carrier to release an update as soon as possible. And iPhones get a really long support lifespan as well. My Galaxy S4 was pretty much dropped by Verizon after not even a full year.
Even if the carrier refuses to push out an update for whatever reason, you can always fallback on iTunes and update that way, bypassing them entirely. That's always reassuring.
There's also that the App Store is a lot more well-regulated than the Play Store. There's a load of shady/malicious applications available in the Play Store and it seems like Google almost ignores reports entirely until there's an outstanding, significant number of them.
The biggest reason is mostly the ecosystem, though. iOS plays nicely with other Apple devices; that's the big drawing factor and it's the main reason why most people never leave. It's nice to be able to copy something on your iPhone and paste it on your MacBook, or answer texts and calls from pretty much anywhere instead of having to go digging for your phone.

>Not really, what does iOS have that android dex doesn't have?
Dex is a Samsung product, not an Android thing. Google has pretty much given up on Android tablets in favor of Chrome OS tablets.

Neither is "better" objectively, it's just a matter of who needs to use what and why. Context is important.
People who need to complete niche tasks like torrent on their phone or be able to modify everything they can see should use Android. People who want software that is low-maintenance yet reliable and stable should use iOS. They each have their upsides and downsides.

>Not really, what does iOS have that android dex doesn't have?
I don’t even need to think about that because there are 0 (zero) good Android tablets

consistency.
google just doesn't seem to give a single fuck about design guidelines (they even disobey their own design guidelines frequently) and as a result the experience of using your phone can be a confusing mess.

>wall of text for no reason
you could have just typed:
1. updates
2. app store
3. integration with apple products

I agree with 1 and 3, but 2 is not an advantage, because it's a walled garden.

Android is good in theory. In practice it's a mess, because the OEMs fuck it up with malware/bloatware and lack of updates.
It's also not that usable without Google botnet.

Maybe they are talking about the os not the available applications. Better is subjective, the ios apps I've used are fine btw. I haven't used android so I can't really compare, although I know from here that every Android phone come with botnet and bloatware (like windows computers do) so maybe that's also a consideration.

Your entire post gets solves by installing LineageOS.

>solved
solved*
Assuming you don't do stupid shit like flashing gapps afterwards of course

>better file explorer that Files

Android baby pls

Attached: 25DF1C1B-42A1-4389-A8DA-63D05E2B4877.png (750x1334, 109K)

*locks your bootloader*

Jailbreaking doesn't count. If you want a modular OS, you use Android.

no idea why would you buy a piece of shit with a locked bootloader or without lineageos support though

Except when there is no LOS for that phone or the phone is locked or the LOS version is buggy...
So no, not a real solutions in many cases.

I wish OEMs would just sell their phones with LOS and TWRP preinstalled...

See , a bit of research before buying a phone isn't a bad idea.

Because Apple cares about your privacy and security. See: FBI lawsuit.

Ever see Google go to the Supreme Court against the FBI?

>video players
Not really. Video quality is consistantly better than android devices, as well as camera quality.
>file explorers
You don’t need this at all. iPhones already have it integrated in it’s system so you don’t need to browse through folders to find pictures or audio. But If you wanted to go through it’s contents there is a file exploring app. You can also literally connect it to your computer like any other phone.
>music players
Huh? Retarded argument. Extremely retarded argument. What makes an audio player better than another? This isn’t a DAC, it’s a fucking phone.
>torrent clients
>torrenting on your phone
Kek

Reasons why iPhones are better than androids:
Simplicity. 2 of my laptops are connected to my iPhone. I don’t need to plug in my phone to add music, I can just drag it on my computer and it will appear on my device. Same with literally all files, from books to pictures.
Search functions and voice commands are clean as fuck. Don’t even need to touch my phone while driving to switch playlists.
iMessage functions are great like sharing music and apps in imessaging such as games.
Androids have slower updates. It’s actually ridiculous. Not to mention that HIDEOUS green text.

I should also mention that sharing stuff on one laptop will automatically share it to my other laptop. So convenient and helps keep organized

I used to own an android, but I switched to iPhones because facetime. Looking back, UI looks better and functionality is great. It beats that cluttered android OS by a longshot
>tech illiterate
How so? There’s nothing difficult about using it and there’s nothing it can do that an iPhone can’t.

Jailbroken iOs is patrician
Android is for obese neckbeards that don't know what a bath is
Regular iOs is for braindead white women

it's more secure for tech illiterates

>there’s nothing it can do that an iPhone can’t
Is there something like NewPipe for iOS?
Also you can't install apps outside of the App Store. Some of those are actually useful.

I use LineageOS without gapps. Works just as well. FDroid has everything I need. Plus I get insane battery life. About two days with regular usage.

I guess we should all flash MIUI then. It ripped off every single feature you listed and still has a few benefits of being Android-based.

I can install apps or ipas without the Appstore. Just use device management or ifunbox on your computer.
>actually useful
Not really, unless you plan on pirating apps.

Pretty much. Most android users just flaunt their dick because they think what they’re using is so technologically advanced. It’s really not.

Yeah, but phones that support LOS without issues and with regular updates are like 3% of all Android phones. And that's after you've gone through a convoluted process of installing it yourself.

The average experience of Android (what normies experience and what iOS users talk about when they say Android) is something quite different.

>Not really, unless you plan on pirating apps.
Yes, really. NewPipe or OsmAnd+ or Davdroid, just to name a few.

None of those apps are useful. Convenient, maybe. But not really.

>iToddler subhumans
>people

Attached: 1535191203839.jpg (996x954, 323K)

You don't know what you're talking about.

Although to iOS' credit, the functionality of Davdroid is already built in.

didnt read lmao

>video players, file explorers, music players, torrent clients
AKA, things non-autistic people don't fucking care about in a phone.
Maybe music players, I will give you that, but if you are torrenting on a phone you're just a pajeet too poor to afford a real computer.

>video players
Do you guys actually watch anime on a phone? That sounds uncomfortable.
>torrent clients
Same thing, but worse. Yikes

Into the pasta folder it goes

>Android is quite awful with power and ram management
What do you expect? It's an OS that has to support thousands of different phone models at any given time. It's impossible to optimize software for all phones, just like it's impossible to optimize Windows. That's why, when you complain that Windows is slower than everything else, winshills tell you to just get a new computer every year.

Attached: yessirgoodphoneyes.jpg (1087x727, 70K)

True. Music players dont even matter because all you get are different user interfaces which isnt useful at all. At least with iPhones you don’t need to connect your phone to your computer to upload music or any other file.
Also, who the fuck uses music players anymore? Spotify/Apple Music exist.

Android is 10/10 if you have the time to waste but 6/10 or so otherwise.
iOS is 8/10 all the time.

Pretty much this. Which means, for the average person, Android is 6/10 (but cheaper) and iOS is 8/10.

iOS is 10/10 for 3 months, before dropping to 6/10, then sharply drops to 4/10 at 1 year, before turning 2/10 after 2 years.

Attached: 1544550967398.png (1064x1157, 194K)

This has never happened to me. I’ve owned 2 iPhones.
My xperia has gotten pretty slow though.

Snapchat works better on iOS than Android and there ends the debate with any normie.

My Z5 Compact is pretty snappy, also got an update a couple of days ago.

Pretty slow is an understatement. It’s actually pretty fucking bad. Doesn’t age well. My iPhone 4 still works decently.

You've never shat in a toilet.
You have shat in the street though.

Why is this always the only argument android users have? It’s like they know their OS is shit but dont want to admit it.

Google pretty much abandoned the FOSS version.

Why is shitting in the street always the only argument iPoojeets have? It’s like they know their OS is shit but dont want to admit it.

Attached: 1518545043286.jpg (1087x727, 102K)

?

Attached: file.png (1225x134, 118K)