Bumbling retards at CS50

I came across this live stream from Harvard for called "Low level" programming. Oh, boy. The person "teaching" "low level" C programming was an incompetent bungling retard who didn't even the basics of the standard library. Why do they allow this shit on their page? What really fucking got me is when one of the viewers commented how they would leak memory if they didn't free it right before the program's end. Mind you, this a very small application they are using. It's a simple app for teaching purposes. I guess those mongoloids don't know that the OS cleans up the program after it ends.

youtu.be/MJ0sbMUGbKE?t=1253

Attached: WySl0IX.png (268x325, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MJ0sbMUGbKE?t=1782
scs.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx#folderID="ed2ee867-9610-4bad-94af-5d12c2ea47cd"&view=2
scs.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx#folderID="07756bb0-b872-4a4a-95b1-b77ad206dab3"
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-006-introduction-to-algorithms-fall-2011/
toc.cryptobook.us/
lagunita.stanford.edu/courses/Engineering/Compilers/Fall2014/about
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Kill yourself. You should always free memory, regardless of the fact that the OS reclaims it on exit.

This isn't a university course, just a marketing gimmick to lure the media to tell dumb normies to pay for their degrees in the age of "OMG muh STEM computer science coding in the cloud!".
Believe it or not, the only thing universities care about is milking out the last penny from their clients without going too far and actually showing themselves to be a scam.

>passing hardcoded size to function instead of calling sizeof() on buffer
I should've applied to Harvard if this is all it takes.

Attached: 887be88445a9096a03befc4418880e9a.jpg (1080x1070, 28K)

Oh look! It's an RAII faggot! Not everything needs to be freed explicitly. The most notable examples include short term running programs and memory that lasts for the duration of the program's running time.

CS50 is for free online I'm assuming you mean they lure unsuspecting victims into other courses?

Holy fuck, why they allow that faggot to do anything with C?

C++ is a phenomenon where some C programmers think that every allocations needs an associated dealloction. Its something that has definitely infected the C community.

That's exactly my point. It's not different than companies giving cups or flash drives with their logo. MIT does the same thing with their Media Lab. They're just marketing gimmicks, you get what you pay for.

Why do these people """teach""" C again? youtu.be/MJ0sbMUGbKE?t=1782

>the OS cleans up the program after it ends.
There is not just one operating system and no operating system guarantees freeing up the resources at program end.

CS50 is a meme course
why the FUCK would you take a CS degree at a law school?

Attached: cs50 harvard meme class.jpg (3000x1251, 259K)

>char ad czar
>= as "is equivalent to"
why do people do this?

I think a better question is "why do incompetent programmers do this?"

Many people have recommend this course to people who want to learning CS/programming. David Malan, the professor, is very proficient with how he explains the concepts very clearly. The first few weeks deals with C, but from that point on, all programming is done with higher level languages like Python. If you attend CS50 on campus, it's also a very social event. Lot's of people think they can learn CS and find new friends at the same time.

Lot's of people like it

Looks like the Harvard shills have arrived lads.

Not a shill, but simply explaining why someone would want to take CS50. Please learn the difference.

I tried in during my first year in CS. The course is garbage and teaches almost nothing. In longterm - completely irrelevant experience.

What courses/resources would you recommend someone for a more substantial education in CS?

depends on topics ofc
CMU has some great courses, first I did was the 15-213/: Introduction to Computer Systems for the CS:APP3e book (also recommended) and noticed there are various video lectures accessible on their portal, for example:
15-721 Database Systems
15-418 Parallel Computer Architecture and Programming
15-819 Advanced Topics in Programming Languages
scs.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx#folderID="ed2ee867-9610-4bad-94af-5d12c2ea47cd"&view=2
scs.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Sessions/List.aspx#folderID="07756bb0-b872-4a4a-95b1-b77ad206dab3"
and some other without video lectures
CMU 15-462 Computer Graphics

Intro to Algorithms base on that book ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-006-introduction-to-algorithms-fall-2011/

the Stanford courses on cryptography, are on coursera as well. the advanced one uses toc.cryptobook.us/

Stanford Compilers Course was ok intro into topic lagunita.stanford.edu/courses/Engineering/Compilers/Fall2014/about

didn't done any other, I was mostly ok with books

Thanks, I'll make sure to look into those.

They reddit-spaced their code. At least put comments in the blank lines