What's the best fanless cpu cooler?

anything better than nofan?

Attached: 1529980805173.jpg (350x350, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1489140137/nsg-s0-worlds-first-fanless-chassis-for-high-perfo/posts/2364147
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The biggest Phanteks/Noctua double tower you can afford. Although I'd just run the fans at minimum RPM, they're pretty much dead silent that way

This? it weights a kilo though...

Attached: 1538600377950.jpg (800x800, 139K)

T H I C C

Those huge circular ones apparently do pretty well.

Attached: nofan.jpg (620x460, 164K)

bruh atleast post the tdp it can handle

discontinued

That one I found by do a google image search had a caption saying 100w.

Other than cheaping out on the fan, there is no reason to buy a fanless cpu cooler.

>anything better than nofan
no
ATX was designed to eliminate the need for separate CPU and power supply fans.
The original spec for ATX had the power supply directly above the CPU heat sink, so that the power supply would do double duty of both.
Then shit tier system integrators decided to reorient the power supply to allow easier access to their shit systems
And now we have dipshits who somehow decided that moving the power supply to the bottom was a good idea.

the take away is that you can use a nice heat sink without a fan like pic related in addition to a top mounted power supply to more than adequately cool your system while minimizing noise.

also, inb4 hot air for power supply
(these fucking brainlets know fuck all about how cooling works)

Attached: le grand macho.jpg (1174x526, 258K)

If your entire case isn't heatsinks you're doing it wrong

Attached: 2017-03-30-image-5.png (660x738, 576K)

spiting on a hot cpu during intense 18 hour gaming sessions

I'd love to have something like that. Even the tiniest bit of fan noise bugs the shit out of me

You want widely-space fins for passive cooling. Any Phanteks or Noctua will be optimized for forced airflow, and won't work as well passively as a heatsink specifically designed for it. Scythe used to make some passive heatsinks, but honestly you're far better off with a conventional heatsink with very low speed fans. Even a little bit of forced airflow goes a long way, and you get it virtually inaudible.

Original ATX spec is 20 years old, even the hottest CPUs at the time were only in the neighbourhood of 50 watts, the specification has been irrelevant for decades except for the voltages and form factor.

Where can I buy it?

Not out yet. Looks like they're having some manufacturing issues:
kickstarter.com/projects/1489140137/nsg-s0-worlds-first-fanless-chassis-for-high-perfo/posts/2364147

>fell for the AIO meme
Its loud as fuck

Attached: 1474863530723.jpg (600x357, 21K)

Why not just get some longer cables and have your computer in another room if you really need it to be quite?

why have a fanless heatsink with stonking big fans on the case?

Well do you fucking want fans or not? Fucking fuck, this isn't a God damn blog.

Pumpless as well?

This thing is grat, especially if you consider the price, the first version of it (non RT) was originally sold without a fan.
But then they made this TY-147B fan that is so silent that made it pretty pointless to go fanless

Attached: 7986_18_thermalright-le-grand-macho-rt-cpu-cooler-review_full.jpg (1175x1036, 113K)

>fanless cpu cooler
>with case fans, gpu fans, PSU fans

It's hard, impractical and expensive as fuck assembling together a totally fanless computer, just drop the autismo and get a case with noise isolation and super low noise fans if you're such a sensitive little girl
Even then, you might enjoy the sweet sounds of coil whine and HDD movements.

>get nh d15
>set CPU fans to silence
>fans run at 200 rpm almost stall speed and stay there not matter what I'm doing
Your not getting away from a CPU cooler with a fan but getting a large cooler and running the fans really slow gets you basically silence

I fucking want fans

I actually really want that.

because the case is not a heatsink

>HDD movements
>he doesn't have a SSD

You will be able to hear the electrical clicks of the machine. I hope you don't go crazy with them.