Be me

>be me
>I hate front-end dev, I can't stand non logical shit like CSS
>I like back-end and low level programming
>stay unemployed for a year and a half, because all offers are for Reactards and Angulards
>find backend job, yay
>they actually make me work on front-end shit
>mfw

Attached: 2007_0607stallman0029.jpg (593x445, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npmjs.com/package/is-odd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LMAOing @ ur life for not taking up front end

dude, what is wrong with u. with front end there is almost no bullshit to deal with

Welcome to the devops world, thank god people found it retarded to hire "back end" and "front end" work, because what happens is they hire retarded self taught front end devs, and even more retarded "back end" devs who think front end is illogical.

If you can't do both, pick a different field

>non logical shit like CSS

Maybe if you're a brainlet that can't even center a div vertically.

If you have front-end experience, of course you're going to get asked to do front-end stuff every now and then. That's probably why you were hired in the first place.

I seriously doubt someone like Linus Torvalds cares about front end much more is able to do it. You're a monkey if you do front end.

I can do front end, but I hate it. Vue.js is retarded, so is React, Angular is braindead.
I can't stand pixel pushing and jumping between markup, styling, and logic.
I want to focus on one thing.

>tfw lucked my way into scientific programming
>spend all day looking as code and numbers
They pay isn't stellar, but it's a comfy gig.

Web dev is a fucking meme my guy that's why, become a real code monkey

dude, that's not how real life works anyway. and like i said before, dealing with front end shit is almost bullshit free

I'm a Physics student currently being forced to go through scientific computing and it's fucking horrible. How anyone handles using pyplot and scipy all day every day is beyond me. Surely the only motivation is getting to work with cool scientific computing grade machines to do your work on?

Good luck getting a similar position to torvalds in 2018. You missed that window in the early 2000s.

As a new grad you're going to pipelined into meme tech like IoT, SaaS, and other memes.

You're only going to get a cool, linus like position, if you truly come out of college with the skills to do that. These aren't skills you get in college, but out of pure interest. And even then, you have to prove you know this stuff. Not only will you need to create this stuff, but also have people using it and backup that it's good stuff.

So until you have all that, welcome to devops.

The python stuff is a bit messy, but not too bad imo. R is way worse if you ask me. Our lab generates quite a lot of data that has to be analyzed in a programmatic manner which is basically my job.

Yea exactly. Feel like that'd crush my soul - feels so abstracted from actual computing, and I mean it's fair enough that Physicists only use programming as a tool to get a job done rather than really getting deep into it (using jupyter as their environment is an example of this) but that's not enough for me. I shoulda just studied compsci, honestly.

Science de pédés

Oh yeah my job is nowhere close to actual computer science. I am just happy that I'm not some javascript monkey or stuck using some stupid, flavor of the month language.

Youre just a brainlette that cant learn

oh yea fairs, anything Physics has to offer is waaaay better than that bullshit.

>>I like back-end and low level programming
stop felating yourself so hard

how did you get your job? I want this

>As a new grad
I don't have a degree, so my prospects are infinitely worst than you lay out.

Attached: 1429960142570.jpg (324x322, 41K)

That feel when new grad working on kernel dev team. Get wrecked meme web programmers

>front-end is bullshit free
No, it absolutely isn't, and you're probably the kind of braindead dumbfuck that's responsible for creating the 15MB bloated website interfaces we all have to suffer through.

Let me guess, you think it's easy because you just import 500384 packages through npm?

Get cucked, code of conduct shill.

front end is bullshit free because

1. plenty of libraries to out there to make your life that so much easier. less code to write
2. if you are more inclined to creativity, then front end is even better. css and all of its preprocessors to augment css further
3. a huge community. lots of people to ask for help and advice and everyone is kind to each other

and what do you expect when using libraries that make programming a joy? of course there will be more packages to install

>be me
>hate webshit, top or bottom, both are gay and poo
>like wanking it to 2.5D milkers and lolis
>stay unemployed for 2 years after MSc because all offers are either pooing in the designated river Java, recieving it to one's sphincter by sanjay poogates' .NET Azure MVVC WPF LinQ MSSQL WinRT hyperdong, losing IQ points until one becomes a 100% gopher, or being a faggot with React, Vue and Angular
>find formal verification job, yay
>they actually make me work in research
>mfw

Attached: 1541009643199.png (460x460, 634K)

Reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Basically, I happened to have worked for this professor in the past and I was fresh out of college (physics and math undergrad) and I needed a job. I ended up convincing him to promote me to a programmer later, so I basically have free reign to do whatever I want.

>plenty of libraries to out there to make your life that so much easier
Yeah like this one.
npmjs.com/package/is-odd

oh fuck off. that's a joke

And there are people that unironically use it.

fake. nobody except in on the joke would use it. they're playing along

>"issa jowke"
>is downloaded a million times a week
>is a dependency to a dozen non-ironic packages.
You'se a joke, front end is a joke

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-12 is-odd.png (1243x278, 31K)

Oh no no no no

People are in on the joke unlike you.