Tech confession thread

Come on, user, you know it's time
share your most hidden tech sins

I personally started using the google maps location feature with my family, and I have to say it is quite comfy. I won't probably tell anyone in my friends circle, after years of being a privacy advocate

Attached: file.png (620x310, 291K)

I use windows 10
Play video gaymes
have installed discord
My chink phone isn't rooted
My microphone is always connected
I have Facebook, Twitter and couple google accounts

Despite that I shitpost here about importance of privacy and how good arch Linux is

I use the term "1337 h4x0r" unironically to describe myself.

I hate electron apps, but i use VS Code

I never installed Gentoo.
I spent $500 dollars on a phone.
I use a chromebook.
I threw away a perfectly good CRT monitor.

How do you like it anyway?
Every time I've tried to give it a chance it's 3 things that make me want to uninstall it immediately.
>load up C file
>syntax highlighting is far more colorful and invasive than i'm used to
>none of my keyboard shortcuts work and i'm suddenly forced to relearn the editor from zero
>suddenly it starts installing hundreds of MBs of gcc toolchain shit that I already had on my machine
>apt-get autoremove --purge code
>would you like to remove 743MB of useless shit??
>original package is only 42mb

>My chink phone isn't rooted
literally me
after years of using rooted phones, xposed and all that jazz, I am happier than ever on stock android one

I installed and ran Arch for a month or two before switching back to Ubuntu. Mostly because I find apt much easier to use than pacman.

I love apple.

>Use Windows 10

>I thew away a perfectly good CRT monitor
Good.

syntax highlighting and keyboard shortcuts are things you can custimize (and most shortcuts were quite familiar to me after using Sublime Text)
on decent machine it's pretty snappy, although it still uses >500MB of memory and I don't even want to know how much disk space it takes

Same guy
>Make poorly written rainmeter skins
>Tried to learn C but got bored of it
>Vidya gaymes
>Instinctively hit ctrl+enter, which hits the submit button on Jow Forums before I finish my post

and for battery life?
i get 8 hours of battery on my outdoors dev laptop using just xfce, a terminal and nano. I get even more if I pkill xorg and work only in the framebuffer.

My battery life suddenly drops to 3 hours when using chrome alongside my editor and I don't even want to imagine how bad vscode would get.

I run gentoo [spoilter]in a vm on windows 7[/spoiler]

I had cybersex with random females on the internet
Some of them were married or had a bf

Attached: lurp.png (652x518, 45K)

I use the proprietary NVIDIA drivers.

Some of them were men.

I do not discriminate.

Attached: thinkpepe.jpg (1000x800, 85K)

I have so severe OCD, that I literally use reSizer tray tool to place all my windows dead-center on the screen. Doesn't work on Winamp though

kill yourself
i do this too but not recently.

I use Discord and Chrome on my laptop running Linux

I built my first PC this year. I've spent the last 15 years fixing second hand computers I got for next to nothing and adding more ram and a new HDD. I built my PC out of mostly found and used parts. I spent $350 and it's just barely able to meet the minimum requirements for Red Dead 2.

Mint is my favourite distro.

I kind of like Mac OS X. I just don't want to pay out the ass for a Mac.

I have an optional class session tonight and I'm starting to think nobody will come. The entire building is creepily empty and I am half drunk. There's still 30 minutes until the class but I have not seen anyone walk the halls in 30 minutes. Should I try to fap LMAO

I have steam and gmail.

professor just walked by I don't want to be the only guy in class if I'm drunk lmfao

madman

You don't wanna be the only guy drunk? Offer him a drink too then. Bet he ain't gonna be happy with you, the only student, not paying attention.

>used linux for a few years and became known as the "linux guy" among people i know, even installed it on a few relatives' computers
>bought a thinkpad, F91W, model m, rooted my chink phone, did my best to avoid the botnet, was basically Jow Forums incarnate
>now feel obligated to stick with it all to save face even though nowadays i dont really give a shit about autistically tweaking/configuring shit and just want the convenience of software/hardware compatibility + a justwerks interface

Jow Forums memes ruined my life

Attached: e76f022fe8499fc838daef7a80d6d035a114629d.jpg (610x781, 184K)

I had a $30 dollar headphone, but it broke, so i bought the same one. Almost was on the verge of breaking again (the cable) Then i got into /hpg/ and kept upgrading headphones and now i'm poor.

>have facebook, twitter, snapchat, tinder, instagram, discord
>can't stand vim
>hate emacs even more

My SDD isn't mounted properly in my case, it's floating by it's wires over the motherboard.

I am using a x60t IBM Thinkpad.
I have 6 desktops i5-i7 min 8gb ram/max 32gb ram doing nothing.
I have 3 other laptops much better than this one.
2 are doing nothing.

Both were Ai