>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
[YouTube] how to build a pc. (embed)
Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/i5-9600k-Best for high framerate gaming
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060 6gb, RX 570, RX 580, RX 590 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 2060
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS8yL0cvODA4NzkyL29yaWdpbmFsL0NpdmlsaXphdGlvbi1WSS1GUFMtMTkyMHgx (711x457, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/sFjyzY
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X/3937vs3958
amazon.com/Thermaltake-Addressable-Controller-Compatible-CL-O015-PL00BL/dp/B079FYL6LM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1549884600&sr=1-3&keywords=tt sync
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The i7-9700k is the all around best CPU out today.

Change my mind.

I cant

Attached: 2019-02-19 16_50_52.png (659x704, 35K)

>slower than the last i7
>good

Attached: 102016.png (650x337, 45K)

Because that's a benchmark that basically scales perfectly with hyper threading, something that basically never happens in most real world use-cases.

Hyperthreading is garbage, especially in gaming where most people care about the performance.

upgrading from my 970 and 6600k, anything i should change or that would make it better?
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/sFjyzY

Honestly unless you NEED the extra CPU performance, i'd just get the GPU upgrade for now and keep trucking with that CPU for another year or two.

6600k only came out ~3 and 1/4 years ago.

If you can, look into the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon over that MSI X470 Gaming Plus. Same VRM, similar price, better/more features.
Looks good otherwise.

I've never seen a load where a non-HT processor performed better than the HT processor conterpart.
Even the OP, that result can't really be considered statistically significantly different from the 9900K.

The 6600K is also a 4c/4t CPU. It's entirely possible it's stuttering in modern games demanding 8+ threads.

>I've never seen a load where a non-HT processor performed better than the HT processor conterpart.
you can see it literally all the fucking time, especially if you look at 9900k and 9700k gaming performance reviews.

They're literally identical, with the 9700k occasionally winning because hyperthreading really is fucking garbage tier.

>Hyperthreading is garbage
Imagine being so dumb that you applaud features being taken away

Attached: stutter3.png (806x543, 42K)

which 1440p VA monitor has the best response time for gmaing?

Attached: 1498850986917[2].jpg (540x537, 85K)

It's possible, but in terms of single core performance, the 2700x is identical to the 6600k.

Multicore performance is easily double the 6600k, but if you're mainly hitting games that rely on single core performance, the majority of that upgrade will come from the GPU, not the CPU.

>0.1% performance difference

Attached: 2019-02-20 00_17_30.png (507x1503, 186K)

delid dis, 7nm ISNT REAAAAALLLLLLLL

Attached: 1547449668785.png (500x600, 210K)

All it takes is one playthrough of a modern Assassin's Creed game and you'll cry to replace a 4 core i5.

fair enough, i'm just saying i'd be pretty fuckin pissed spending $400+ on a new CPU after 3 years that gives identical single core performance

just doesn't sit right with me.

you're probably right, just looking for an excuse to upgrade.
current psu is a Corsair CX600M, that should be sufficient for the 2070 right?

>stuttering doesn't matter
>1080p benchmarks

Attached: bf1 stutter.png (1602x869, 2.95M)

>who cares if games feel like choppy shit, my average framerate is 2 fps higher

are you retarded? We're talking about the 9700k vs the 9900k.

I don't care to talk about any made up argument you've had going on in your head. Stop posting if you're not going to address the point.

For gaming currently there is no reason to get the 9900k over the 9700k. They're identical since gaming ignores hyper threading assuming you have enough real cores to satisfy it. With the 9700k you have 8 real cores, and for current gaming, that is more than enough.

Yes, the 2070 uses at most like 200w.
Should be fine on the 600w PSU.

Should be easy to prove then

it really was

For gaming currently there is no reason to get the 9700k over the 2700x

You talking about the higher OC?
That's just binning

cheers user, going to go pick one up now.

Is there a difference between using one 2x8 pin cable vs two 1x8 pin cable for my gpu?

unless you have a 144hz monitor since the avg fps and 0.1% lows are wayyy better with intel for gaming.

No, just showing they're literally identical.

Unless you honestly think 0.1% performance is worth the $110 upcharge.

Attached: intel-i7-9700K-f1-2018-1440p.png (981x896, 128K)

Depends on your PSU to be honest.

Generally though, no.

Is "99th" same as "1% low" ?

no, 1% low would be 99th.

0.1% would be 99.9th

DELID THIS NOWWWWWW

MUH RYZEN 3xxx 12CORES 5.0HZ!!!!!!!!

I didn't even show it at 1080p where it is even worse for AMD

Attached: intel-i7-9700K-f1-2018-1080p (1).png (981x855, 126K)

no, 99th would be 1% low.

Many thanks user

Oh yeah, of course they're identical.
The 2500K and 2600K were damn near identical at the same clocks back when they released and it took a shit tonne of time for them to stop.
A 16 thread chip isn't going to be faster until it meets a 16 thread game. Doesn't make multi-threading garbage, just not really clearly worth anything right now.

Based 4790k beating a 2700x.

wew lads

any perf gain in any game is a moot point due to intels other issues, AMD just works. Meanwhite intel overheats, bluescreens if using MCE, and has only enough pcie lanes for 1 gpu and thats it. AMD gives you more for less and no amount of cherrypicked console ports are ever going to prove otherwise.

Attached: 2700xpower1.png (712x1441, 158K)

>$1500 gpu
>1080p
>pentium 5600g
realistic setup you got there

Attached: tomsintelmerchant.png (500x500, 70K)

That's a joke and anyone who has owned AMD over the years knows exactly what i'm talking about.

Intel is by FAR the more stable CPU platform, even if AMD has gotten better with Ryzen, it still isn't intel stable.

it's not meant to be realistic, it's meant to demonstrate CPU usage in a game without being GPU bound.

To compare the various CPUs these types of benchmarks are great.

>AMD just works
that has been intel's thing for the last decade almost since AMD has been utter shit throughout the late 2000s and early through mid 2010s.

If you just wanted a computer that worked, you got intel.

>VA
oh no no noononoo

MPG27CQ or MAG27CQ are surprisingly decent for the price.

I literally just bought an i7-9700k. Fully paid and everything. I should get it on Saturday. I am really going to enjoy finally putting together my PC as this is the last part I'm receiving for the build. Part of that enjoyment is know how butthurt this post will make you.

>Intel is by FAR the more stable CPU platform
>be me
>get shilled a 4790k by Jow Forums
>"it can hit 5ghz under water trust me go..friend"
>buy it and try to overclock it
>max out at 4.7 ghz unstable
>settle on 4.6 stable
>3 years later
>cpu starts overheating due to TIM degradation (in issued intel tries to hide the best they can)
>unable to overclock anymore
>about a month later
>MCE is causing bluescreens for some fucking reason
>Now my $350 "worlds fastest single threaded cpu" is as fast as a locked 8 year old sandy bridge i7
>still overheats and runs hotter than my 290x
Intel is really quality and thats not even talking about my 800mhz thinkpad throttling, constant wifi driver issues, and ssd lemon. Intel just has zero quality control due to no competition and a massive guaranteed revenue stream that means they can afford fuckups like this

What would a comparison with every CPU paired with appropriate GPUs and game settings even demonstrate for a CPU review?
You give a CPU an unrealistic bottleneck to understand how it will perform when we actually have GPUs that perform like a 1080p 2080ti at 1440p or higher.
They did the same thing with the 2500K back in the day and look at how well that information payed off. There were probably fags back then also crying about using a gtx 580 or whatever was the fastest thing back then at 720p, but that's what really showed how much better sandybridge was.
A GTX 580 probably performs worse at 720p in modern games than an RX 580 does at 4K now

>If you just wanted a computer that worked, you got intel.
see So its a synthetic unrealistic scenario that has zero basis in reality

I can pretty much vouch for this, I built my father a 2700x and I've got a 9900k. AMD has had more stability issues for sure from the exp I've had trying to get it clocked to 4.15Ghz, having to inject 1.4 volts into it to keep it from blue screening.
Not to mention getting the memory timings just right for it to even be stable at 3200mhz. My 9900k all i had to to was enable XMP and change the multiplier to x50 fix the voltage and voila, Runs like butter.

expensive cpu/expensive gpu
cheap cpu/cheap gpu

It's out of warranty, why dont you just delid it?

How do I decide on what power supply to get, Do I strictly base it on the maximum wattage of the other components? What does the gold, sliver and bronze labels signify?
Thanks in advanced

>muh low res for future gaymen predictions
So explain how running 480p benchmarks will predict devs using more cores, directx 13, vulkan 2 optimizations, or even anything other than a shitty console ports performance in 5 years given it never gets updated or optimized from here on out and that people will even still be playing it.

Yeah and that's fine for a build feature, but these benchmarks come from CPU reviews.
You're crying about having important information because you dont understand it enough to know it's not cherrypicking

I got 4.8ghz with mine for years with an evo 212. Maybe you're just an idiot pumping 1.5v through it degrading the memory controller to the point of fuckery.

>why don't you just risk breaking your cpu to fix a issue AMD doesn't have to begin with.

your fault for being so retarded you can't even look at a qlv

never overvolted it

yes AMD sucks in reality

What is a good CPU GPU combo for gaming on high-ultra settings at 1440p 120-144hz?

It can't. All it can tell us is how current CPUs will perform in current games with faster GPUs because we dont have access to games from the future, this is the best that can be done.

9700k +2080ti

Yeah i'm retarded for exposing my father to a half functioning piece of dog shit. I agree with you.

>why dont you just delid it?
Memes are real, intelfags have to circumcise their shit CPUs just to run them reasonable temperatures.

Attached: intel2018.png (1066x600, 429K)

How poor and fat are you?

Sounds good, any reason for Intel over amd? Also if I go with more than one monitor for keeping shit open on the side, should I focus on keeping it the same resolution and refresh or should I lower both?

So somehow you think looking at a qlv to find perfectly compatible ram is harder than deliding, you are fucking delusional.

Then its not worth doing and all it does it make intel look better than it actually is.

>Knowing deep down that you have inferior hardware

>Suicide not being an option

>sir do needful and buy intel
no, fuck you bich fat

Attached: intelseethingpajeet.png (813x1402, 324K)

>8 threads
lol my laptop has that many. I guess its ok if you are putting together a facebook machine.

>you have inferior hardware
what cpu do you think i have retard?

Yeah i knew ryzen was neutered by the IF so i tried getting faster ram for it knowing it has retardation issues. My fault for not knowing 3600 ram speeds are impossible.

>any reason for Intel over amd?
other than intel shills being intel shills? no

Try to keep matching monitors, or at the very least same refresh rate. someone in the last thread said that if you mix say a 144hz with a 60hz screen, the 144hz will downclock to 60hz. I haven’t tested this yet, got a few 1080p60hz screens I wanted to use alongside my 1440p144hz (1 for server monitoring, other for discord+etc), but I’ll grab one of them out and give it a looksee tonight.

Personally I prefer AMD as I found the Ryzen master toolset to be amazingly simple for running tested OC. But the numbers above don’t lie, and you’ll want to pair the strongest cpu with a 2080ti for higher FPS gaming.

I’ve got a 2600/1080ti and I get around 80-120 on crytek’s new game Hunt at high settings.

>i tried getting faster ram for it knowing it has retardation issues
So you didn't look at the qlv to find ram compatible with your platform, you fucked up stop blaming AMD for your retardation.

>qlv
It's QVL, retard. Not him, but good job encouraging anons to pay $250 for 16GB of fast RAM that's on "the qlv"

I wish /pcbg/ had poster ids

WHY MUST THEY ALWAYS BE CURVED

>Having to find certain types of DDR4 to make a CPU work that has a shit memory controller.

I've been building computers longer than you've been alive buddy boy, Ryzen is good for the price but that's about it.

Attached: DpQ9YJl.png (700x700, 21K)

>qlv

No wonder i was confused...

Hey /pcbg/, i'm looking for a bit of advice on a new build. I'm upgrading from my 7year ancient build and have purchased an i7-9700k, gigabyte Z390 Aorus pro wifi board, and likely will pick up a RTX 2080. I'm leaning towards AIO coolers for CPU, and probably the Gigabyte AIO 2080 too. Any recommendations on a case that will fit both radiators? Would I also want additional intake fans? I probably need space for at least a 360mm on the top, and was looking at the thermaltake view 71. Bonus points if its something compatible with gigabyte RGB, which i dont think thermaltake is.

>Sounds good, any reason for Intel over amd
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-2700X/3937vs3958
Current best single core performance. Most games utilize one/two cores, so if vidya is all you care about, then go Intel. If unzipping files 22% faster is more valuable to you, then go AMD. If you want faster everything, wait for Zen2.

>Why should I be forced to find compatible ram, fuck AMD
>Deliding? Its no big deal i didn't need that warranty anyways.

>*sips* yea everything used to be perfectly compatible with each other
No you fucking haven't

It's quite simple, If you're poor as fuck you buy inferior products. If you aren't you buy better products that will be far more reliable.

How can you say this when pretty much every image you ever see for benchmarking and testing says that Intel chips almost always outperform AMD?

I only use intel CPUs, that's why i tell people to not buy them, I have extensive experience in how shit intel is

because in real world there is no difference between a 9900k and 2700x other than thermals, power, features and price.

Attached: relative-performance-games-2560-1440.png (500x1490, 93K)

Any modern ITX case will most likely have dual or even triple (front rad) mounts. If you're planning to watercool your 2080, consider getting a FE 2080 instead, for the best binned chips and the throwaway cooler.
For the View 71, you'd have to look at how the RGB chassis fans are connected. Chances are, they are connected with 9pin USB headers on a controller. If that's the case, then you can simply remove the controller, replace it with this other Thermaltake controller which supports Asus Sync/Gigabyte fusion
amazon.com/Thermaltake-Addressable-Controller-Compatible-CL-O015-PL00BL/dp/B079FYL6LM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1549884600&sr=1-3&keywords=tt sync

I only use AMD CPUs, that's why i tell people to not buy them, I have extensive experience in how shit AMD is

Does it make you angry that people dont think you're correct?

Nice argument pajeet

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

For a first time buyer, am I a tard if I don't wait for 7nm CPUs at this point?

Is 74C considered as safe temperature for RTX2060? I just bough one (MSI Ventus OS one) and its kinda hot.

Thinking about undervolting it to reference levels (reviews mentioned that Founders boosts to about 1870 while mine boosts to 1950). Since I'm playing 1080@60 there wont be any loss to FPS I suppose.

>i5-8400 (96.1%)
>Ryzen 7 2700X (95.6%)
Just buy a fucking i5-8400 if you care about performance, thermals, power, features and price in real world.

>Does it make you angry that people are retarded?
No its funny watching you retards fall for the same (((tricks))) over and over again.

Buy a 2700X with $250 worth of ram that performs mediocre, Or buy a 9900K with shitty ram that beats the ape out of anything AMD has for gaming.

I guess i work for intel now.

jus b urself

No, you can just sell what you get now and upgrade when it seems worth it and take the loss as a "early access fee" if you want.