Why are army uniforms so ugly nowadays?

Xavier Sanchez
Xavier Sanchez

why are army uniforms so ugly nowadays?

Attached: Richards-McChrystal.jpg (461 KB, 800x500)

All urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA
youtu.be/RRpRX6_m5VY
youtu.be/aXQ2lO3ieBA
youtu.be/dpmVJxYf-uI
youtu.be/oW_82Q5rnlc

Lincoln Moore
Lincoln Moore

Endless growth of bureaucracy bullshit which results in no-name shitkickers in the rear with the gear having an enormous amount of influence. You just end up having these huge departments instead of a few choice thought leaders making the hard choices.
Look at the fucking F35 for the gold standard example of this cancerous growth, the Bradley is the forerunner to that.

The acquisitions department in the Pentagon, the guys who decide what gear gets used and selected. Are probably some of the most underrated, powerful people on earth.

Attached: 1537540428009.jpg (617 KB, 1280x1851)

Jaxson Smith
Jaxson Smith

What the hell are they supposed to look like

Attached: illust-15037567-20181123-192735.jpg (3.47 MB, 2481x2991)

Charles Gutierrez
Charles Gutierrez

Eh Scorpion Pat ain't bad

Attached: 635687703775041782-060115camouflage.jpg (341 KB, 3200x1680)

Levi Evans
Levi Evans

because they were designed by retards

this is the only uniform you should need

Attached: sfghsfghfgh.jpg (120 KB, 448x591)

Joseph Campbell
Joseph Campbell

camouflage is not supposed to look cute, it's supposed to look nothing.
And modern version seems to make it better.

Austin Collins
Austin Collins

As they get dirty and worn-in the camouflage really starts to work. The combat fatigues aren't supposed to be pretty.

Hudson Flores
Hudson Flores

Attached: 986234876273423.jpg (426 KB, 1000x776)

Zachary Turner
Zachary Turner

they work better when they're dirty

Not directing this at you, as you're just saying how it works. But whoever thought up that is a brainlet because as it gets dirty it also starts to stink and get unhygienic and needs washing.
There is still a buildup of that camo effect anyway but multicam pisses all over it anyway.

Levi Wilson
Levi Wilson

Practicality > aesthetics
Shit may be an eyesore and baggy as hell but if it obscures the silhouette and has enough pockets to help hold your shit than who care the point of camouflage is to NOT be seen afterall.
Exept ACUs because that shit is ugly and doesn't blend in the slightest. Whoever designed those things need to be shot

Ryder Adams
Ryder Adams

Op needs to wear his ideal camo and post online for us.

Austin Morgan
Austin Morgan

Why shouldn't they look cool, and practical while on base?

All these people responding to you and their autistic camo responses. Wear camo in the field, wear real uniforms on bases and in public. Of course they'd have to redesign dress uniforms to be slightly more practical but not ugly

Hunter Cox
Hunter Cox

There's a difference between not washing your unform and smelling like a barn vs rolling in mud so the camo is permanently engraved with the local fauna color palette.
Once you roll in mud, that shit is never coming out completely. Yet, you can wash it just fine and the newly enhanced color stays.

Sebastian Bell
Sebastian Bell

They aren't meant to be some gay aesthetic bullshit

Attached: main-qimg-241a9d8c3b5e97c0bb65b530649a8131-c.jpg (152 KB, 602x897)

Alexander Williams
Alexander Williams

Because the camouflage in your attached is outdated and has been replaced since 2014

Parker Ortiz
Parker Ortiz

I have to admit hubo boss made the best modern day military wear. I still like the stuff from kieser times

Adrian Russell
Adrian Russell

Thats the SS not the military
You think the German military fought in all black dress uniform at all times?

Anthony Cooper
Anthony Cooper

They are designed to look like dirt, some rocks, maybe some underbrush. War is not a fashion contest.

Luis Ramirez
Luis Ramirez

Do you wear your nicest clothes inside at home?
Or even worse standing in your front lawn when its raining

Jose Sullivan
Jose Sullivan

they arent exactly aesthetic, but they dont look bad imo, still want us to go back to the 50's 60's style but eh whatever

Andrew Fisher
Andrew Fisher

Dress uniforms aren't combat uniforms

Logan Rivera
Logan Rivera

Waffen ss had black coats for parade. Just like when I was in the US army we had dress blues for parade and ceremony. The Wehrmacht had beautiful green garbs. The SS regulars had grey with tan undershirts for parade. But the battle tunics of most German soldiers during ww2 was grey. Predominately Wehrmacht and SS. Luftwaffe had light Blue while the marines or navy had dark blue. Or aka wannabe black.

Carson Hughes
Carson Hughes

But the Bradley is a very effective piece of equipment.

Anthony Long
Anthony Long

How was the SS different from the standard German military? Which was bigger and stronger?

Adam Lopez
Adam Lopez

Ever go to any parade's or ceremonies that you thought were worth it or memorable?

Cooper Ward
Cooper Ward

Kinda isnt the point. Is the general on his way to a war zone to fight along side the men? Look at how patton used to dress.
The army now has this weird thing about making the generals "fit in" with the men something something raise moral.
But thats bullshit and kike creep i think. Uniforms of high ranked officers should be sleek and sexy and ultra masculine that states the power of the nation upon looking at it.

Justin Collins
Justin Collins

When I was in the army none of my NCOS trusted it, they preferred the striker. Hell on wheels that thing is.

John King
John King

i share a board with these brainlets
The SS was a paramilitary police department - an armed organ of the party. The Wehrmacht was the army.

The Wehrmacht was far larger, but the SS wielded significant clout nevertheless.

Alexander Reyes
Alexander Reyes

SS was structured for domestic control (guards, political police), military was the fighting power

Jordan Rodriguez
Jordan Rodriguez

A few change of command ceremonies for sergeant majors and once a colonel. Holy shit the amount of pins and medals a sergeant major acquires of the course of 20 years is incredible.

I liked going to them because it was a time to shine, but Tbh it was stuffy and hot at times. Plus standing about as still as a lamp post got old.

Parker Bell
Parker Bell

For it's intended role, no, it isn't and the US army has already had the big song and dance recognizing this.
Just because it's good at blowing shit up at times (you're about to say it killed more Iraqi tanks than Abrams tanks) it strayed far too far from it's mission parameters.
It couldn't even carry an entire squad and all their gear.

Benjamin Anderson
Benjamin Anderson

Because our soldiers are fighting in shit holes.

Aaron Taylor
Aaron Taylor

Those pants look pretty ridiculous though
The rest is aesthetic

Gavin Perez
Gavin Perez

German combat uniforms in BOTH world wars were on the flashy side. This is Belgium 1940. Note the shiny buttons and helmets.

Attached: WW2-German-troops-in-Belgium-1940.jpg (134 KB, 800x614)

Ayden Long
Ayden Long

For it's intended role, no, it isn't
What is the Bradley's intended role, then?

Angel Cook
Angel Cook

There is a time and place for dress uniforms but day to day you do not want to be in your service dress. Its uncomfortable and the cost of dry cleaning will build up very quickly. Not to mention its only appropriate for people who work in offices as no grease monkey would be caught dead working in those.
Most "field" uniforms have the unique advantage of being capable of serving desk jockeys, maintainers, medical, and combat personnel in some capacity. And if there is one thing the military likes its uniformity. Hence the name: uniform

Colton Rivera
Colton Rivera

The Striker is a piece of flaming garbage with absolutely no role on the battlefield. If you can't go offroad, just leave in the MP.

Michael Gutierrez
Michael Gutierrez

nice chuckle user, but next time try to be less of a faggot

Ian Foster
Ian Foster

SS was the political military arm of the Third Reich
Wermacht was just the regular army
Wermacht was bigger and stronger, but the SS was literally designed to pure the Reich's enemies and so could cause a lot of problems for wermacht soldiers deemed worthy of elimination

Ayden James
Ayden James

The green fatigues or grey battle dresses were fucking beautiful. Plus ruggedness. Had more pockets then the American uniform.

Jose Rivera
Jose Rivera

I knew like only 2 striker mechanics and they spoke hot shit about how the thing was SUPERIOR to the Bradley. Even has amphibious mounts and antiaircraft or tank purposes.

I had one NCO, no bullshit that said your exact sentiments about the Striker and called it a turd on rubber wheels. He was a Bradley mechanic go figure. I've got no opinion on either other then everyone seems to prop up the striker.

Adam Williams
Adam Williams

It started out as a troop transport to replace the M113 and mutated into an absolute monstrosity.

Despite being from a comedy film, this is a surprisingly accurate portrayal of how things went down.
youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

They were able to make an entire movie from how much the guy auditing it got fucked around.

Ian Long
Ian Long

I’m not sure that the British ones are ugly or have changed much.
I wear tactical black at work now which is fucking ace. I missed having a uniform.

Julian Walker
Julian Walker

Thats a Smock, the americans adapted them after the war and have done the best one could with it
Can OP tell me, why hes complaining about a practical uniform being practical and not "flashy" or some shit like that ?

Jack Cruz
Jack Cruz

Wasnt that shit literally designed by a high end fashion designer...hugo boss?. Which would be equivalent of having ralph lauren or j crew design our military gear

Camden Allen
Camden Allen

Because dressing up as a high ranking officer won't put a huge fucking target on your back like killing you would be a huge loss for moral and cripple your command structure.
Save the dressing up for the victory parade. Style doesn't win wars it only kills stupid men

Chase James
Chase James

No it keeps them humble
You can gauge a lot of modern militaries based on how many idiotic medals their leadership gives themselves
And if a modern general wears all of that visiting a base, he just turned a visit to a base into marking a giant target

Benjamin Phillips
Benjamin Phillips

ITT bored ZOG DoD /pol/ monitors have idle chitchat with each other

You're just down the hall from each other. You can just talk in the break room.

Zachary Johnson
Zachary Johnson

Boss wasnt a High end Fashion designer before WW2, but he got rich, just think about the Money you make when you gotta Dress 15 Million Soldiers

Bentley Sullivan
Bentley Sullivan

Attached: disgust.png (43 KB, 186x338)

Ryder Richardson
Ryder Richardson

The current camouflage is great when hiding in gravel and nothing else. It's a horrible failure

Juan Hernandez
Juan Hernandez

Less like a sack of shit?

Jace Collins
Jace Collins

Wrong, this picture is a smock.

youtu.be/RRpRX6_m5VY this is a tunic. A smock is a over cover to a tunic. A tunic is a battle dress worn with typically a under shrit. Literally Google "German ww2 battle tunic" a Wehrmacht soldier comes up just like them guys in that 1940 pic

Attached: marsh-smock-main.jpg (488 KB, 1400x1240)

Nathaniel Foster
Nathaniel Foster

This.
Also think about how often you use your Parade uniform in your Military life
Having that shit waste space for 10+ years is complete Bullshit
Parade uniform should be Battle uniform, thats practical and spares resources

Matthew Jackson
Matthew Jackson

It started out as a troop transport to replace the M113
Yeah, and that got dropped because it was a dumb idea.

The role of the Bradley is to support an infantry screen accompanying tanks. Tanks are vulnerable without infantry, and yet infantry can't keep up with tanks. You need to put infantry in a vehicle that will accompany the tanks. An M113 type vehicle is not suitable for this. It is too lightly armoured. Even the Bradley itself is too lightly armoured - it's decently protected against man-portable systems, but vulnerable to enemy tanks. The US Army wants an IFV based on the M1 chassis, but these would be twice as expensive as a Bradley and weigh 80 tons. Seeing as the USSR is gone now the threat of hordes of T72s pouring across the German border is diminished, so there's no great impetus to spend the money to tank-proof an IFV fleet when they're not fighitng tanks. So the Bradley is what they have.

Pentagon Wars is a meme movie which does not reflect actual combat experience of the Bradley. Put an M113 or similar type vehicle into the role that the Bradley serves and watch as those tin-plate pieces of shit get blown sky fucking high. The Bradley isn't perfect - it needs to be bigger and more heavily armoured - but it was the right decision in the end.

Anthony Price
Anthony Price

Because war is ugly, homo.
//boards.4channel.org/fa/

Adam Thompson
Adam Thompson

So did the medals and pins raise the respect you had for officers, or was it just something interesting to see?

Logan Perry
Logan Perry

modern DCU's is very practical and comfortable usually designed to have a shit ton of gear attached and worn over/under like armor, the trade off is it looks like absolute shite when you dont have your webbing/vest on

old gear looks sharp as fuck but very impractical and tedious to maintain.

i will say though the new multicam and Auscam DCU's will make you god damn invisible there purty good!

Attached: 2015-01-30-15-10-19-636308597.jpg (7 KB, 223x226)

Jason Martin
Jason Martin

Again, a tunic. My former response shows a smock.

Btw we got smocks in the US army we called them goretex. They kept out rain and cold. Mine was defective as fuck and rain go through it. Btw, y'alls tax dollars hard at work right there includin' mone.

Attached: heer-officer-captains-tunic-1.jpg (65 KB, 600x600)

Benjamin Lopez
Benjamin Lopez

To me I respected men more then their medals or pins. Tbh it raises eyebrows when you see full dress Blues. Or class B dress uniforms with stacked medals. But it's the man that makes the uniform. Cliché as fuck ik.

Thomas Gray
Thomas Gray

The argument you are having, is already over. I'm relaying to you what was decided and you are relaying to me your opinions as if we're going to decide at the end.
The Bradley is being replaced and moved on, they're already moving towards MRAPs, MMPVs, RG33s and shit like that which are closer to the original goal in the first place, decades later.

Anthony Johnson
Anthony Johnson

Oh god, then define what a smock is
The jackets are Grey, because Feldgrau (Grey) was the Standard for soldiers before they invented Flecktarn
And a Field tunic is something completely different, a smock is for Fighting Units, more pouches, warmer material, and the Pockets are made to fit magazines
Field Tunic is made for Support Units, Their pockets fit for Standard German Tools and Mat-Sets, Looks the same, because both are JACKETS MADE FOR THE FIELD

Charles Allen
Charles Allen

Think back to the Napoleononic days. When men dressed in flashy colors and their medals. They marched and paraded in their same battle dresses. Impracticality was everywhere back then.

Levi Jenkins
Levi Jenkins

this is the most Amerimutt picture in existence

Attached: 1542815214007.jpg (812 KB, 1440x929)

Michael Brown
Michael Brown

If cliches had no value or truth to them then they couldn't exist
Thanks I just wondered how the medals and shit were just generally perceived

Austin Perez
Austin Perez

I'd rather wear some ugly getup than glow in the dark in an age where even the most common schmuck can kill you from a distance.

Brody Gomez
Brody Gomez

pic Shows a Parade uniform, you wont see a german with those on the field
I know because i own one

Nathan King
Nathan King

The Bradley is being replaced and moved on, they're already moving towards MRAPs, MMPVs, RG33s and shit like that which are closer to the original goal in the first place, decades later.
MRAPs and RG-33s are a Humvee replacement, not a Bradley replacement. They are too light to accompany a tank advance.

I'm relaying to you what was decided
You are relaying to me your misunderstanding of what was decided.

The Bradley is being replaced and moved on
Actually it's being refit to stay in service for another decade because the US Army can't afford and IFV based on an M1 chassis at the moment and there is nothing else that can do its job.

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

Nice.

Wyatt Murphy
Wyatt Murphy

Note the shiny buttons and helmets.
the shine is from the metal material and inferior to modern plastics

Leo Sanders
Leo Sanders

Yeah because you needed everyone to know instantly who you were and on which side
Also guns, cannons, and other weapons were not so accurate that flashy bullshit could endanger literally everyone

Eli Bell
Eli Bell

I'm glad you didn't know the difference between a smock and a battle tunic buddy. Maybe you should do a little more readin' before making yourself look like a fool brother.

In this photo, you see a smock, over a battle tunic. Which is a typical dress ware. Feldgrau was the typical Germanic dress greys. Prior to camo becoming a thing through the SS. Stop bringing up off topic subjects. It's fine that you mixed up your uniformity a bit. But I ain't going to argue with some guy who probably never even went into uniformed services.

Attached: cfd6e572d3f59998cf7d9ee64bcee0f7.jpg (739 KB, 1936x2592)

Brandon Robinson
Brandon Robinson

hugo boss was a uniform designer...

Asher Foster
Asher Foster

I think you're devising arguments in your mind that haven't occurred.
The point is that the Bradley moved away from it's intended purpose as a troop transport. You interpreted this as a remark saying it's shit overall. It is not as effective as a troop transport simply owing to it's smaller capacity. There is something to be said for more focused projects over broad spectrum all-solutions.

Fairly simple concept.

Wyatt Scott
Wyatt Scott

They wore the exact tunics actually. They deboned their medals and even removed shoulder tabs. The Wehrmact had several sets of dress tunics. Usually one for parading. Also surprised you own one with the Eurabian laws over there.

Juan Turner
Juan Turner

We don't send them into war because they are ideal breeding stock

Benjamin Gomez
Benjamin Gomez

Maybe you should do a little more readin
i dont have to, because im MAT officer for some time now.

You literally are a LARP if you arent baiting right now, or youre completely clueless.and believe some Wikipedia article

Cooper Thompson
Cooper Thompson

Agreed.

Officers need an update.

Attached: Agreed.jpg (319 KB, 1280x1707)

Blake Campbell
Blake Campbell

I've always had a fascination with medals, even before I joined the Army. I got out as a Captain, and the highest medal I received was an Army Commendation Medal (Never commanded), but I was always astounded by how many medals some of the colonels had.

Though as someone who really enjoys studying medals and orders (phaleristics), I think the US military has way too many, and we should condense a lot of awards. There are several medals just for generals, or extremely high speed colonels, neither demographic attainable by most soldiers.

Easton Adams
Easton Adams

Nice VPN bro. But yeah most officers wore their battle fatigues into combat. The fact most didn't apply medals to their uniforms in the field is also true, but some would put pins on or small things. Manstein and Rommel always wore their iron crosses regardless of situation.

Attached: 2-weltkrieg-frankreich-cherbourg-deutsche-haftlinge-1944-deutsche-offiziere-genommen-gefangen-von-de (175 KB, 1300x1050)

Dominic Gonzalez
Dominic Gonzalez

At the cost of $14 billion to develop over 17 years?
More like a shining example of malfeasance and incompetence.

Evan Lopez
Evan Lopez

I honest to God doubt that. Go larp some more kiddo. You're a Zionist shill. One thing that sure as hell made me glad to get out of the service was Zionists like you. Get the out of here before you make a mess out of yourself.

Hudson Martin
Hudson Martin

ACU as in the left photo are being phased out, it's all multicam now.

Also, the Army dress uniform is moving back to the WWII Style "Pinks and Greens"

The uniform in pic related will be the standard dress and office uniform, with multicam being used for the field.

Attached: pinkandgreen.jpg (96 KB, 1000x667)

Aaron Wilson
Aaron Wilson

Attached: 1539359933778.jpg (45 KB, 394x604)

Matthew Wilson
Matthew Wilson

Also:

Tfw combat mage isn't a military specialization.

Feels bad man...

Why live?

Attached: Camo-Wizard-Hat.jpg (87 KB, 960x1200)

Anthony Morris
Anthony Morris

The US military might have a lot sir but my arguement to that is always the same. We aren't the Soviet union at least. Them fools had more medals then any nation to date. As for current medal awards. Shit I was never near shiny. Had what I earned. I'm glad to see some O-3s on here got based facist flags. I think a lot of our medals or ribbons are barely worn enough. Isn't only the old guard that wears their medals still? Even in tunic or am I completely mistaken?

Jordan Brooks
Jordan Brooks

no dude, Thats not really true.
As german soldier you get 3 uniforms when in Support unit
1 Parade, 2 4x "Waffenrock" or Feldbluse which is the Uniform for Standard days, 3 2xa Feldjacke, or you could call it a Field tunic

When you are in Fighting Units like Panzergrenadier, or Gebirgsjäger, you will get an Additional Smock instead of Just a Fieldtunic

You see the difference once you put the Thing on yourself (other materials, warmer etc.)

Soll-Org hasnt changed from Wehrmacht to Bundeswehr, we still get the same Sets (off course the Uniforms have changed over time)

William Gonzalez
William Gonzalez

That's a cute girl.

Landon Reed
Landon Reed

Staff Units and Generals going into Battle
Ok now i know that youre just a larping moron

Xavier Ramirez
Xavier Ramirez

Now just saying shit everyone knows to defend your points. Eurabian leave.

I also said they had more then one set of tunics. Oh boy. Are you a few shades darker then white?

David Price
David Price

The pants are shaped that way to allow the wearer to mount and ride in a saddle.

Carson Clark
Carson Clark

Post some uniforms please

Ian Lopez
Ian Lopez

Breeches are peak aesthetic.
Nothing an American would know about.

Adam Phillips
Adam Phillips

flame retardant frog top
DASH and uparmored 7-ton in the rear
This is a reservist. We let them die first.

Colton Diaz
Colton Diaz

yeah, sorry, im leaving you Wehraboos alone now to larp a Little bit more

Matthew Miller
Matthew Miller

Attached: 1539360092979.jpg (111 KB, 1023x932)

Juan Lee
Juan Lee

Besides honor guards, the only time I am aware of wearing medals is on a dress mess, and those are miniature and usually gold plated, which I don't prefer at all.

We are definitely far away from the USSR in their medals, or even the North Koreans.

But I think all Achievement, Commendation, and Meritorious medals should be condensed away from individual branches into just one award, a la the Bronze Star.

Same with anything that's Defense or Joint, based entirely on your assignments you could earn 2-3 different achievement medals, theoretically 5 or 6, and that's two whole rows of basic level medals.

If I'm not mistaken there is a State, Joint, and regular Meritorious Service Medal. I don't see why three versions exist. Should be just an MSM.

Xavier Jenkins
Xavier Jenkins

This is a reservist. We let them die first.

Attached: 1539360828442.jpg (142 KB, 1200x628)

Andrew Wright
Andrew Wright

Rommel often did go into battle brother. Not to far from the front. He was better then Patton and wasn't afraid to be close. Even found himself behind lines. Which was awfully dangerous. Also unsure why you're bringing these subjects up which are rather unrelated to what I was on about.

Robert Moore
Robert Moore

digital camo.

it works better.

Caleb Morris
Caleb Morris

tfw that uniform was phased out for everything but ceremonial wear around 1938

They went to field-gray for the Waffen-SS and silver for all other branches.

It's one of the things that inflames my autism when watching some war movie and the costume department has the SS in black uniforms. By the war, literally nobody but country bumpkin chiefs of police in shitty little villages wore the black uniform on duty.

Camden Rivera
Camden Rivera

because they arent designed by women, thank god

Zachary Sanders
Zachary Sanders

It was a shitshow

youtu.be/aXQ2lO3ieBA

Jeremiah Reed
Jeremiah Reed

here Feldbluse, for Normal days not in the field but barracks

Attached: Feldbluse.jpg (80 KB, 577x600)

David Rodriguez
David Rodriguez

because they arent designed by women, thank god

Attached: 1539360222564.jpg (1.19 MB, 2945x1619)

Wyatt Sullivan
Wyatt Sullivan

We send most of our brownies to die in the Middle East, Mohammad, I know it hurts thinking about your uncle getting blown up by Tyrone and Manuel but we’ve perfected the system.

Ryan Rodriguez
Ryan Rodriguez

Heres Fieldjacket, for days in the field if you arent fighting unit

Attached: Feldjacke.jpg (178 KB, 690x922)

Carter Ortiz
Carter Ortiz

The point is that the Bradley moved away from it's intended purpose as a troop transport
Yes, because project goals changed over the course of its development as people realised that there was a doctrinal requirement for an infantry fighting vehicle.

It is not as effective as a troop transport simply owing to it's smaller capacity
It isn't a troop transport.

There is something to be said for more focused projects over broad spectrum all-solutions.
The Bradley is not an all purpose vehicle. The role of an infantry fighting vehicle is adequately defined.

Nicholas Martin
Nicholas Martin

i get my information from comedy movies

Evan Myers
Evan Myers

heres, KSK, or Schützensmock, you get one for free when you are in Fighting Units, if youre a supporting unit you have to buy them yourself if you want one
comfy as fuck

Attached: KSK-Smock.jpg (46 KB, 455x455)

Justin Russell
Justin Russell

But he's right. Paratroopers and the Waffen-SS got camouflage smocks that pulled over the standard field-gray tunic. The SS got camouflage tunics, but not until the very very end of the war.

Henry Cooper
Henry Cooper

Because its not like they are in some kind of invincibility bubble while on base. Any serious opponent, including shitskin goatherders, can and will try to kill them directly in their home base if at all possible. You have no idea how the world works, have you, leafmeister?

Mason Rivera
Mason Rivera

Those are PTs. You work out in them. They're more comfortable then running in boots.

PT uniforms have existed for awhile.

I agree on the bronze star remark. But two basic rows ain't to bad for medals. As for the state, joint and regular meritorious service medal I honestly don't see why several versions of that are needed. I agree whole heardtly that you should just have one type of medal. But I might have a bit of hypocrisy to me and say sometimes versions of medals are sometimes a unique experience. Like how the Germans had several levels of the iron cross. Going from the average to oakleaves with swords.

I'm probably going to go to sleep tonight after this post.

Anthony Cox
Anthony Cox

I was actually banned from the Marines twitter and Instagram for my thoughts on women in the corps. I, fortunately, didn't serve with any in my unit.

Lucas Long
Lucas Long

because they're so cucked that they don't want to look like a fascist so its better to look baggy and goofy

Brayden Williams
Brayden Williams

imlpying you served 1 day

Jeremiah Gutierrez
Jeremiah Gutierrez

that is right, but in a previous post he wanted to sell me a tunic for a smock, thats what im discussing
You HAVE to put on the smock over the tunic, thats Regulation in the German army, he just got his definitions wrong (or maybe in the US they call it differently) but when he is calling me a BSer when i had all These uniforms on me personally just gets me boiling

Daniel Myers
Daniel Myers

still do, did you ?

Luke Wright
Luke Wright

You got banned from their Twitter while in the marines. Surprised you didn't get reported and hit with ucmj. Usually twats try and ruin service members lives by reporting their actions online to NCOS. Looooong ago I got pissed at some civilian and my NCOS heard about it and I got destroyed.

Adrian Long
Adrian Long

I don’t have a pic that shows my stuff particularly well. I only started this job (with a £12,500 wage bump) a couple of weeks ago.
My boss who is my sort of GF bought me a load of stuff that I’ve saved for going out in, not like pic related, which is expensive but not trendy. A £180 jacket that’s now my fave and hung up by the door waiting for me to go clubbing in it.
I get covered in mud and paw prints every day so stuff can’t just look good, it has to serve its function just as military uniforms have to do first and foremost. I need stuff I can wipe clean and will keep me warm and dry so I wear ski gear basically. I swagger around with a pack of big dogs all day, I also have two horses to ride (both black which is awesome) so fashionable clothes would simply get ruined in three days. I ‘work’ on a country estate, I’m not even sure what I’m supposed to be doing there other than enjoying it, which I do. I have the least defined job ever. I just keep everyone safe and doing their jobs, they need a resident chad to look up to, I’m an estate manager, occasional BF I suppose. I just got a report from Apple on my webular activity while I typed this. I spent 53 hours on /pol last week. For real too. That’s while working 9 until 4 every day. Life is sooo hard isn’t it. I’d shoot myself if had someone else breathing down my neck at work. I’d literally whack myself right off lunch time day 1. Anyway so a uniform can’t just look pretty it’s got to be functional or it’s just a liability.

Attached: 04185CD2-9198-4E05-8516-96A4110C3E70.jpg (83 KB, 800x801)

Eli Rivera
Eli Rivera

There is a difference between a smock and a tunic Eurabian. Maybe you should speak English better to learn what everyone is saying.

//boards.4channel.org/int/ recommended.

Ethan Barnes
Ethan Barnes

Later on they introduced a couple of hybrid units called the Waffen-SS.These were considered to be the best of the best, also had some pretty fancy names, like Waffen SS Panzerdivision "Das Reich".

Jose Perez
Jose Perez

he wanted to sell me a tunic for a smock, thats what im discussing

Oh. Carry on then.

Aiden Thomas
Aiden Thomas

there's literally nothing wrong with the uniform on the right
$10 OP is a US military hating sandnigger

Oliver Gray
Oliver Gray

Larping as a German MAT isn't even a funny larp. Larping for Israel must feel nice right? You're a idiot that doesn't know the difference between a smock and a battle tunic. Honestly if you don't have to register a spoon I recommend offing yourself.

Leo Jackson
Leo Jackson

yeah, there is, and you moron got it wrong
shaming me for your own shitty Posts is normaly what women do
but come on, Show me the post where i got it wrong

Elijah Hernandez
Elijah Hernandez

I guess hitler was a huge fan of M.C. Hammer

Jackson Gray
Jackson Gray

well since you not providing any clues as why you think they are ugly. they change with every major war. fun fact new uniforms give a clue about what they are training for (which country they will go) because they will adjust the camouflage patterns accordingly

Jason Carter
Jason Carter

Could be. I however think that it's a form of demoralization.

Put on that shit uniform and salute the tranny general!

Jose Butler
Jose Butler

I was actually banned from the Marines twitter and Instagram for my thoughts on women in the corps. I, fortunately, didn't serve with any in my unit.
KEK
Women do not belong in the police or military except in desk roles like dispatch and secretary.

Attached: 1539360793717.jpg (92 KB, 600x400)

Daniel Perez
Daniel Perez

I bought a UCP anorak. That's all it's good for, a fucking street wear.
Wouldn't buy or wear MARPAT publicly. Maybe for some respect thing or it feels more official.
If a camo becomes normal it's time to come up with a new one. If a camo becomes normal immediately, military better demand a refund.

Wyatt Robinson
Wyatt Robinson

Function > fashion /fa/g deal with it

Noah Davis
Noah Davis

Who cares?

People in the military are a bunch of welfare queens. No better than some nigger on welfare.

Yeah, I'm sure they need to go to Afghanistan and kill children for "my freedom".

Fuck their stupid asses. A career in the military has historically and currently been a thing for the lower classes. Some wars people in the past could pay money and have a poor person take their place.

Fuck all you veterans on here. You're a waste of tax dollars.

Caleb Hill
Caleb Hill

You're first reply to me literally saying that image of German soldiers marching in Belgium were wearing smocks. When they were clearly tunics.

Soooooooo sorry buddy but you're called out and finished.

Levi Hughes
Levi Hughes

what is a MAT ? do you even know what that is ?

Josiah Powell
Josiah Powell

DIdn't tanker crews have black fatigues?

Liam Rogers
Liam Rogers

Pretty much this guys reply.

Nuff said. I'm out for the night sour krauts and pissy Ameribros.

Owen Hernandez
Owen Hernandez

Agreed. They kept them out of victor units until I was out.

I was shielded by my DD-214

Aiden Smith
Aiden Smith

That is the SS parade uniform.
Hitler the artist knew the value of optics.

Attached: 3039A0A7-B80F-4CC0-9857-50725D00A938.jpg (1.33 MB, 2050x1537)

Noah Gomez
Noah Gomez

Underage b&

Michael Carter
Michael Carter

Its hilarious but on a serious note its actually ruined me.
I used to have a White Knight bone and hate when women got injured or raped.
Now I actually like the fact women get brutalized and assaulted as police officers.
I don't care anymore.
They have it coming.
I actually used to not think this way.

Attached: 1539360663492.jpg (673 KB, 1800x1200)

Benjamin Ramirez
Benjamin Ramirez

The Korean War was the most unintentionally aesthetic war.

Attached: 1145484784563.jpg (246 KB, 1200x628)

Kevin Stewart
Kevin Stewart

The only American medal that I'm aware of that has different classes is the Legion of Merit, and that is only awarded in it's lowest class. A group of officers mistakenly were awarded that medal in a higher class during World War 2, in Algeria or Tunisia I believe, and the orders were never retracted but also never made that mistake again.

Goodnight user, thanks for nerding out with me.

Isaiah Bennett
Isaiah Bennett

They did the same thing to American police. A clean uniform, shiny gold badge and polished uniform shoes. Now they look like security gaurds with Batman utility belts. Chemical weapons, tazers, extra magazines and a huge pack of zip ties for mass arrests. Yeah diversity. How did we ever get along without multiculturalism.

Sebastian Baker
Sebastian Baker

Was for this user I quoted myself.

Luis Long
Luis Long

Did you take this pic?

Cameron Morris
Cameron Morris

This is great camo if you're hiding in a fuckin wolfenstein game

Grayson Brown
Grayson Brown

You mean those ?
Dude in Front wears a SMOCK, he got his mags and strips of ammo in the smocks pouches
Dude behind him with the upside down U is a Unteroffizier, he wears a field tunic with the black Belt on his waist

Ryan Wood
Ryan Wood

Yeah, the original PC version from the 1980's.

Daniel Carter
Daniel Carter

much better

Attached: post-119-0-30899400-1365084284.jpg (50 KB, 424x640)

Hudson Sullivan
Hudson Sullivan

It's the only one I know

Attached: Boomer9.png (1.83 MB, 1258x2560)

Dylan Carter
Dylan Carter

Why even talk about combat uniforms unless throwing shit at ACU for it functionality? OP's point is in the end why don't we wear dress uniforms on daily basis that starts with M3X.

Brandon Edwards
Brandon Edwards

A long time ago I went to an AA meeting that had a 96 year old Police officer in attendance. He was picking up a 50 year chip or something. Told us about how all the police shootings were because women can't throw a punch. He said when it was just men on the force they'd just beat guys up instead of shooting them. mfw liberalism is killing more urban youths than it is saving.

Attached: 1510110497269.gif (1.5 MB, 355x225)

Cameron Davis
Cameron Davis

combat
COMBAT?
WHAT COMBAT?
LAST REAL WAR WAS VIETNAM.
IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN WERE MEME WARS FOR DRUGS.

Samuel Hall
Samuel Hall

Thats true but a large majority of it is actually because niggers will fucking pull on you and so will mexicans.

Cooper Bailey
Cooper Bailey

How is that related to uniforms?

Jose Wilson
Jose Wilson

Oh bullshit. The Stryker had shit autonomy and broke down all the time.

t. motorpool mechanic

Kevin Jones
Kevin Jones

what in the holy name of rampaging faggot shock troops is that?

Isaiah Cruz
Isaiah Cruz

I have his hairline, what do?

Angel Rogers
Angel Rogers

How is it not?
This is about the uniforms of combatants.
Why do we pay for tons of trannies in the army who just do drills at the fort all day and don't fucking fight?

Attached: 1539360861033.jpg (113 KB, 1200x630)

Dylan Ward
Dylan Ward

Combat uniform
Dress uniform

WHAT ARE THOOOSE??? WAAALMAAAART!!!!

Attached: 1540918821159.png (431 KB, 1000x948)

Chase Howard
Chase Howard

Attached: giphy.gif (359 KB, 225x126)

Jose Sullivan
Jose Sullivan

Awesome.

Attached: 6C20213E-21B7-4384-80DE-D8AC9CDF2799.jpg (19 KB, 225x225)

Daniel Baker
Daniel Baker

bradley
That thing is so completely fucked they made an entire movie about how completely fucked it is.

Jeremiah Morales
Jeremiah Morales

I’m playing Wulf 2 right now. It’s absolutely terrible in so many ways, mainly the story is beyond pos’ed. I knew it was bad before I bought it and it’s not failed in that respect. Also there’s no feedback when you take damage but hey ho, I picked it up the other day because it was only £20 and I needed to just blast things since I’ve been playing RPG’s all year and I’m tired of equipment lists.

Cameron Torres
Cameron Torres

Going to play this absolute crap now you’ve reminded me. Bye /pol.

Attached: C2A16342-1A71-4926-8402-9B640DE07CA1.jpg (3.24 MB, 4032x3024)

Michael Thompson
Michael Thompson

playing video games in 2018
user, I..

Attached: 11111111111111199.jpg (96 KB, 1200x675)

Leo Bailey
Leo Bailey

to hide shitty physiques and shitty posture

Adrian Hughes
Adrian Hughes

Spanish legion parade uniform.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (125 KB, 800x1215)

Oliver Ortiz
Oliver Ortiz

to hide shitty physiques and shitty posture

Attached: 1539381485132.png (2.95 MB, 1642x1231)

Zachary Cruz
Zachary Cruz

been looking for a gay ops pic
thanks user

Camden Walker
Camden Walker

Its grey because global warming makes the air smoggy so to camouflage you need a grey uniform

Aaron Foster
Aaron Foster

Play not rpgs. Magicka 2 is on sale if you have a friend or two. Pick up Ni No Kuni 2, Valkyria, or Berseria. Grab a 3ds or psvita and learn to hack it or something. I bought Bulletstorm for 4 usd on sale and I'm so mad that this is a shooter now. I mean Gears games were cool but only because I was 15 and on and the gory soap opera aspect was interesting but God damn. At least we can still play Tribes and Painkiller, but where are the NEW shooters?

Jonathan Peterson
Jonathan Peterson

Play MORE rpgs I should say. Get on gog and wait for them to zerg rush you with old DnD cRPGs. Replay Steamworks Arcanum or Planescape, try the Forgotten Realms games, do anything but support the newer AAA games. Serious Sam had a new game in the last 10 or so years iirc, should try that. There's a halfway decent DOOM clone called Warlock that I've been having fun with, on gog I believe, it's pretty cool and worth the 15 dollars, encourages quality indie products if you really need something completely fresh.

Thomas Clark
Thomas Clark

That's a nice bush but where is the soldier? :^)

Lincoln Clark
Lincoln Clark

Multicam was better than OCP

Dylan Hall
Dylan Hall

Le 56%

Attached: 889.jpg (155 KB, 588x533)

Elijah Reed
Elijah Reed

damn the mid guy got jawmogged hard as fuck

Parker Morales
Parker Morales

Dios mio, ... la abominación de los estados unidos de america ...

Attached: la-creatura-56%.jpg (34 KB, 409x429)

Zachary Gutierrez
Zachary Gutierrez

NICE SLAV TRACKSUIT, FATTY

Eli Gray
Eli Gray

MODS = GODS

Leo Williams
Leo Williams

Attached: 1539854830284.jpg (44 KB, 720x711)

Jayden Jenkins
Jayden Jenkins

They are made to be efficient and cheap
You don't use them to know who's enemy and who is friend anymore, you use radio for that
Camo looks like shit but when you lay in cover nobody sees you look like shit

Hunter Ortiz
Hunter Ortiz

because Hugo Boss doesn't make em anymore

Christian Wood
Christian Wood

Unisize means easy to produce en masse
Soldiers are subhuman anyways so just give them what they really need

Jordan Gomez
Jordan Gomez

something something its supposed to be multipurpose something something

Matthew Anderson
Matthew Anderson

M05 isn't that bad.

Attached: M05.jpg (33 KB, 388x500)

Jason Murphy
Jason Murphy

Really shows the weakness of NATO. Meanwhile in Finland

youtu.be/dpmVJxYf-uI

Attached: DF0ko4FXYAEIGvJ.jpg (157 KB, 1200x800)

Joseph Ward
Joseph Ward

these paradelets look pathetic and extremely boring & depressing
why do they do them? If you're gonna do a parade you should do the whole real thing.

Attached: KJU-8FEB-RS09FEB2018a-1024x683.jpg (202 KB, 1024x683)

John Nelson
John Nelson

simple does it, partner

Leo Reed
Leo Reed

Because we don't have street wide enough for that. Max 2 tanks side to side

youtu.be/oW_82Q5rnlc

Attached: Itsenäisyyspäivän-paraati-2015-05-Leopard-2A6.jpg (230 KB, 1280x853)

Aaron Johnson
Aaron Johnson

I talked to a higher up on the f35 project. His response to me asking why it cost so much was this. "Yes the current generation of planes are cheaper individually, but they are all in desperate need of being updated. The f35 still has cost less than retrofitting all those planes. On top of that this plane is going to replace all jets in the military and the cost is still less than the cost of redesigning each of those jets." Sounded like BS to me

Josiah Morris
Josiah Morris

OCPs are nice!!

Benjamin Garcia
Benjamin Garcia

...I wanna be a pilot for the USAF. Know any pilots?

Mason Evans
Mason Evans

No I only get to talk to engineers

Brayden Johnson
Brayden Johnson

Imagine actually wanting to be in the chair force

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit