Make Money

What is the path of least resistance (perhaps including boot camps or lesson plan) for me to get a comfy programming job making > $100,000?

Degrees and Skills:
-Electrical Engineering Bachelors
-Masters in Physics
-Moderate python and unix coding skills

Btw I don't enjoy coding that much, but after trying physics research in academia in 3 different fields I'm convinced that my best hope for doing the research I want to do is to first just make a shit ton of fuck you money.

Attached: l40py22uzyr11.png (640x374, 60K)

>Programming for money's sake
You're not going to make it.

Those are the only people who do make it, retard.

>I want to do programming as a career
>btw I hate programming
You're not going to do well in it because you have no passion for it, and even if you ended up getting into it you would burn out quickly.

I've never had a STEM job I've ever really liked.
My current job pays peanuts.

As long as I can do it without killing myself, I'll take the job I don't like but at least pays.

I still need to eat, and this is the only subject I've somewhat branched into and have natural skill for that I can save enough to carve out a decent life. Starting over to work min-wage type jobs or even slightly above are suicide tier, you can barely live let alone save.

no, its people who genuinely love programming AND are chasing that paper. You might be able to trick some fools but you will get eaten up when it comes time to do some real work.

Ok, new question then.

How do you make money when you aren't passionate about anything?

Attached: 1551945550293.jpg (1125x1271, 173K)

you don't have to be passionate, you just need to do a good job.

I can try.

>know someone in a company
>lie cheat and steal your way in
>be incompetent as fuck at what you do but you are a fucking company man who socializes with everyone and makes the company look good in other ways so you're irreplaceable regardless
Welcome to modern company practices. What, you thiought you'd get a job by actually knowing things? HAHAHAH.

This isn't easy to pull off though. Bullshitting is an art.

fiverr will save me

Learn machine learning and deep learning. I'm serious. Most CS people are math-lets and have a hard time getting into ML. I know civil engineering idiots making >100k fucking around with lego block deep learning bs (same as me but I know slightly more programming) because they can get into the math pretty easy and learn ML fairly easily. And there isn't that much programming in it nor do people really expect you to program very well, except the basic stuff in python. I mean you need to program but it's mostly data analysis and not software engineering. Also I live in the middle of nowhere and make >100k so you should get much better salary in the coasts.

Easier than getting a job by having experience. You'll find a job eventually, but it'll involve flipping burgers or checking out endless ugly housewives dragging along ten crotch goblins with their shit store purchases.

Fuck programming. You need to know someone and you're always going to have competition from H1B imports.
Here's the quickest way to $100k+ starting salary
>2 years undergrad (no degree, only 60 credits)
>3 year accelerated PharmD program
You'll be making $100k with just 5 years of school. This makes the most sense and certainly is more comfy than programming. Pharmacy schools don't accept foreign college credits either, so you won't have to worry about imports and you don't need to worry about AI stealing your job because it's legally required that a licensed human is to dispense them. Programming will become obsolete before pharmacy.

Attached: 1548286958323.jpg (399x324, 37K)

No really, dont.
It doesn't seem like it, but programming is extremely stressful on your mind and psych, especially if you dont like it or the work attitude people expect from you isn't for you.

I'm CS but not a fan of programming, but because people assume CS= programming I got shoved into programming roles for a few years. I can manage so I figured I could make it work, but after about a year I basically wanted to kill myself. Ever since I switched to security shit which is the shit I actually care about it's a complete 180. People talk about getting a job you love because it is a real thing, if you can't stand walking il every morning and having to go to work, it's not worth the extra money.

Java/C# and do the needful sir. Enjoy no job security after a few years though. Lmfao

Is there a standard textbook for this you'd recommend? I have an old book on neural nets, but it might be outdated. Should I learn tensor flow, or other stuff?

No one has a passion for stocking shelves, but plenty of people do it.

Programming is not some special job only a chosen few are capable of doing you stupid monkey

Just do whatever you can to get a programming position (any quality) then leverage that to jump to a good job ASAP. I'm sort of like you, EE bachelors don't like coding that much but the market is much better than EE and things I actually like would be terrible as a career. I was able to interview with a big but outdated software company out of college due to some light python and C programming at an internship (played up a little) and then jumped ship from that place after practicing some algorithms questions to where I am now which is comfier and teaching me a ton of stuff even though it's disorganized. Current plan is to be productive here and grind more coding questions so I can try out the big botnet companies for a few years and see how I like it while I learn how they do shit and make a ton of money that I can use to pursue stuff I'm actually interested in.

>but plenty of people do it
And they hate it and stop doing it as soon as they can. A shelf stocker is not what you want to model your career after

I'd rather hate my job and make bank than hate it and be poor.

Deep Learning by Ian Goodfellow et al is a good book for people who can math. I don't have a good machine learning textbook recommendation but you can Google it. I learned DL mainly using the goodfellow book and the deep learning lecture series by nando de frietes available on YouTube. I learned machine learning (a prerequisite) before it using Andrew ng's Stanford (NOT the Coursera one) lecture series on YouTube but frietes also has an ML lecture series available on YouTube. I treated both as actual courses, taking notes and doing the homework sets (available on their websites). I would learn keras (which uses tensor flow as a backend, and lots of examples available online) along side learning deep learning instead of learning Lua torch like frietes does in his course since Lua torch is outdated, hard to install, and no one uses it.

Thanks user.

You don't need passion to earn money. Just learn Javascript. I'm in at 10 and out at 5.

>You don't need passion to earn money.

I wish more people understood this. The things you're truly passionate about become tarnished when it's your job.

Attached: 1531841273741.png (300x250, 18K)

Wait wait wait. Just JS, or all this other crap like Angular, node, jQueery, etc?
I hope you mean just good old JS?

Just Javascript, not whole package? (Angular, JQuery etc?

You're probably the type of person who couldn't implement a simple slider from scratch, so have fun.