Previous thread
>Read

>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1555128694038.gif (250x250, 847K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/changing-the-boot-menu-time-out
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/changing-the-default-boot-entry
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I distinctly remember being able to move the mouse or type in order to exit sleep mode on my older PC.
Is this a feature that was removed or was it a quirk of PS/2?

shota feet

Reposting
What search engine should I use?
>Google
I'm not that paranoid of le botnet but they've gotten ridiculous with how much information they have and I'd prefer basically anyone but them has it
>Everything else
Shit, irrelevant results

Also how in the fuck do I begin to learn about computers in general? I just want to learn all I can about them but every resource I find seems to make a point to be as least concise as possible. This is out of my own interest but I'm going back to school for IT later

I dont dislike the STL and find a lot of the stuff are great and useful, but exceptions just stand out to me as an exception.

Maybe this helps.

Attached: 1547120094299.png (911x719, 45K)

*on my phone*
>go on my self-hosted website on wifi at home
all good
>switch to data or access from somewhere
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
what gives?

Attached: 1553709075791.gif (800x800, 50K)

Why do phones and tablets get way better battery life than laptops do?

***UPDATE FOR THE user THAT FAILED AT MAKING A TWITTER ACCOUNT***
>
I attempted to make one without a phone number and the fuckers just keep sending me an automated responses. Absolutely no fucking help at all. Either listen to the other user or look around for some website the offers fake numbers, maybe even someone else's phone. Guess I'll just find a way to artfag without it. I hope you found a way tough user because I sure as hell didn't.

As a side question what happens if you never got to fully use a twitter account? They blocked me for suspicious behavior immediately after making one. Does the username remain in use, do they just keep a record of the email I used?

Attached: 1332341842486.jpg (500x500, 28K)

*found a way though user

port forwarding, grasshopper

Short answer: Intel.

Open up port 80 and direct it to the device hosting the web server.

why are dictionaries not loading? they are right there in the load path. Am I retarded?

Attached: hunspell_not_fucking_working.png (1920x1080, 745K)

Don't actually forward ports unless you're competent enough to evaluate the security of whatever you're running on them.

Attached: port forwarding (colorized).jpg (728x635, 45K)

I'm trying to burn an iso for manjaro on a thumb drive using rufus but it say's "ERROR access to the device denied". I've never had this issue before wtf is wrong?

You are running Rufus as administrator, correct?

Looks like it's not searching the folder you put the dictionaries in. Try placing them in one of the folders listed in the search path.

FYI I've never used hunspell, just giving my opinion from the pic.

Do you really expect anything else from a website that exists to collect information on its users and censor public opinion? By having your phone number they can censor you on all platforms linked to that number.

how do i "remaster" a ISO image? does that mean extract the ISO file, edit the parts you need, and repackage them into an ISO file?
i know 7zip can extract ISO files, but what programs can package files into an ISO file?

yes, I hit "run as administrator" but it still won't let me.

Costco has this sale right now, any reason not to buy this LG TV? I don't give much of a fuck about input lag or anything, I might buy a PS5 to play with friends when it comes out or something but mostly I just want to watch Amazon/Netflix/etc. on it.

Attached: lgtv.jpg (1428x867, 217K)

WinCDEmu can create ISO files, also any tool such as Daemon tools can as well.

Redpill me on Haiku os

is it usable as a daily driver for office and browsing?

Does it run on chinkpads?

It's decent as long as you don't expect amazing colors/contrast. That's a decent price though, so go with your gut

Who should I order contact lenses from? To Canada.

Fascinating. Try rebooting. If that doesn't work, open Disk Management and give us a screenshot of what the drive looks like.

Is there a simple way to make custom linux ISO's now that Suse Studio is ded?

No I guess not I sort of made it on a whim but it turned into a fruitless endeavor just as fast as it begun. I figured they were shit but since my only experience with social media is a slow and laggy facebook account then maybe twitter might've been bit better (cause it loads faster when I lurk on other artists accounts). Guess I'll just make some account on deviantart or something. Do you know if newgrounds is any good?

Attached: Dx15Y1AVAAAv7b.jpg (3731x2517, 1.33M)

it's letter e, this is pissing me off an unbelievable amount idk what the fuck is wrong this has never happened before. I tried re-booting, didn't work.

Attached: n-word.png (748x598, 29K)

they use less power thanks to aggressive power management

most people dont try to sign up from a desktop, they use their phone (where no additional steps are needed)

I use imgburn for building windows isos

Try using something other than Rufus, like YUMI or Unetbootin.

Guys, I just want to be able to share my files over the network, but Windows makes it so fucking difficult. They took homegroup away, which I only ever used because I can just never get their regular network shit to work. Call me dumb if you want I really don't care, but now that homegroup has been taken out, is there any program I can use that just makes things like media files be shareable so I can just watch a video on a computer over a LAN? It's all I want, and it just seems so impossible.

ssh/sftp

>what is burner SIM

>I can just never get their regular network shit to work
That's pretty weird. Why not?

I honestly have no idea man. The guides always make it look simple and it just doesn't work like that when I try.

For awhile, sharing a folder with "everyone" was working, but I mean, why shouldn't I be able to share with just one computer? That never works, for what I assume might be that I have to have a Microsoft account with a password on it, but I'm not doing that either. But now, I tried everyone again today and now that suddenly doesn't work either. I just don't know what I know anymore.

So I was playing some stupid .io game, and I was winning a lot. The other people were getting angry. And then I had no internet for a good 20 minutes. I am pretty sure I was being DDOSED. What should I have done instead of waiting?

I doubt you were being DDOSd as unlikely as that might sound to you, but if you were, you can't do anything.

You're not supposed to share it with one computer, you're supposed to share it with one user.
If you just want to share some specific folders without giving the other computer your credentials, all you have to do is create a new user (using the luser management tool, lusrmgr.msc). Give him a catchy name, like Nigger, and a password. You can then share folders with Nigger on your main PC and then log into those shares as Nigger from the other PC.

Wait, so I have to make the account on the computer with the files, or the one I'm connecting from? I've tried different combos and they always never show up or just throw that I "don't have the proper credentials" regardless.

>Sent my friend 5400 3s in a Facebook message
>it crashed every open app on his phone
Why?

Attached: 1487870442959.png (600x558, 379K)

Ok, thanks. And what are some telling signs of a DDOS attack?

You make the account on the computer with the files.

Okay well I made an account with a password on the server computer, and then shared with everyone because I can log in to it anyway (I presume), and also because my other computer doesn't show up in the list anyway, and typing it manually doesn't help anything, and it still just says I can't access it.

Well, no, you can't log in to machine X unless you input some valid credentials for machine X.

I don't understand what I need to do, then. I try even mapping it so I can select to use different credentials, and I enter the same info I just put in for the account on the server, and it still says it's mapped with a different user name and password.

That's pretty weird. Same version of Windows on both? The account does have a password, right? Post a screenshot of what pic related looks like for the folder you're trying to share.

Attached: 1544185118353.png (363x499, 15K)

Using a multimeter, is it safe to measure a DC current in AC mode ?
And an AC current in DC mode, AC tension in DC mode, DC tension in AC mode ?

...or rather these, I think.

Attached: 1541704206516.png (1161x535, 38K)

Voltage, user. It's called voltage.

Attached: leo.png (703x430, 31K)

I have a question for you, actually. If sharing a folder with everyone with this method, does this include machines connected over wifi as well? or is it just wired?

Is it ? Wikipedia mentions "electric tension" as a synonym of voltage.

It doesn't matter. As long as you can reach a machine on whatever the fuck the SMB port is (445?) you can log into it and access any shared folders accessible with those credentials.

I found a big old crt TV. It doesn't have a crt though, what's the best kind of converter? I know nothing of this stuff

>It doesn't have a crt though
So you just have the plastic chassis?

Holy shit I need to read before posting..
I meant to say, it doesn't have a VGA port

what port does it have?

i watched the sun using an hdd disk as filter, I'm going to be blind?

My win10 PC constantly starts opening things as background apps and the only way I can fix it is to restart it. What gives?

Install Fedora IBM/systemd.

From your point of view it's identical to having a bad internet connection.

That answers nothing, shill.

Typical white, yellow, red cable and 2 EXT ports

What is the best tool to sync arbitrary directories? Unlike Drive and OneDrive which only sync their special folder.

meant to say ext/av

>RYW cables
>EXT ports
Are you sure they're not SCART ports?

Forgot to mention: between Windows and Android

My bad, seems like your right. Here's a crappy picture

Attached: IMG_20190508_130159.jpg (1600x1200, 212K)

I have win10 on my notebook and im building my first desktop. Is there a way to get win10 for free to install it on my new ssd?

Yeah those are SCART

Alright, so I just have to get a a VGA/scart convertor.

Thanks

I've never used SCART but iirc having the connector doesn't mean all of the video modes are supported, it could simply be another composite input

Was away from home for a couple weeks and since I came back I find that when I boot my pc, it starts normally(even GPU fans) but the screen remains blank, no signal. After messing with the cables a bit it seems to start normal, until next day same thing happens and I try to fix cables again. Boots without problem when I plug to integrated graphics.

Is my GPU dying? Not sure if it's a serious problem or some cable shit, I've had this card for ~3 years.

At least I know the port name so I can take my time researching it. It's a fairly old Sony TV I found in the basement, landlord said I could have it.

I meant after messing with the cables the pc starts normally and screen gets signal and I play vidya normally until next day same problem.

my thinkpad x200 crapped out on me
it won't turn on at all, but if I plug it into to the wall the the screen would turn on for less than a second
all the led indicators aren't on, like the one that shows that it's plugged into the wall

I tried pressing the power button 10 times and then holding it for about 25 seconds with the battery removed, unplugged, with and without the cmos battery, most of the time nothing happens, but one time I got it to turn on and it needed the date and time set for the bios before letting me boot a drive, problem is though that I got the thing used and it has the supervisor password set and I can't access the bios to change the date
so how do I make it turn on again? just do the crap I was doing until it works? how do I reset the supervisor password?

It's common that at least one SCART port will always take a RGB signal while you can switch the other one between RGB+Composite and S-Video.

You're hosting via localhost, which means that people outside ur wifi can't access it, you can use a service called ngrok or just port forward

Whenever I play on my XPS 15 I get weird fps drops. When I start a game, it runs smoothly at 60fps, but after a few minutes it starts dropping in the 30-50 range. I already lowered the voltage of my CPU, unlocked its full speed through throttlestop, disabled SpeedStep, overclocked the GPU and changed the profile to high performance, but the issue still persists. Drivers are fully updated, I make sure that only the game runs on the NVIDIA GPU and keep everything else closed, so what gives?

I'd like to use my raspberry pi as a cheap NAS but the USB 2.0 speeds are pretty eww

Can I somehow make it a NAS with a buffer on the SD card before writing to the HDD? How? read speed will still be slow as fucg but I this would be an improvement

Is the low-version-number-phobia on rolling distros justified?
What will happen if I don't like the latest and want to selectively upgrade shit (while using CommonSense™ of course. Keeping up with critical vulns and making sure I don't hold a high dependency library or some weird system shit).

Like what if I want to freeze my kernel or something.

Attached: tumblr_phvzgfypG91trkxi8o1_400.png (400x516, 74K)

I'm buying a used ThinkPad x60. What should I check, apart from how it looks from outside?

>Using one of those Android boxes that you can plug on your TV
>Working fine until last week
>It cannot detect any Wi-Fi networks
>Rebooting it causes it to detect Wi-Fi networks again
>Trying to connect to a Wi-Fi network fail and they all vanish
Is Android retarded?

It depends on the distro, but pretty much everything gives you the option to flag a specific version of a package, and you won't run into problems with that until a change in one of its library dependencies. Which is usually several months. If you want to keep one specific version indefinitely, you can always reinstall from the distro source package, which is an automated procedure, or just rebuild from the maintainer's source.

Check if bios locked

bcache or dm-cache, but srsly just pay another $20 for an odroid HC1 and have decent performance. SD cards don't have good long duration write performance, and their endurance is shit.

so fuck up user from yesterday here. Yesterday I couldnt boot into grub on my dual boot setup so I fixed in via EasyBCD. It started this weird windows boot menu from which I could select grub. So later yesterday, without using my brain, I set "chosing grub" or something to default and removed the timer, so that it directly boots up grub, not considering that now when windows tries to boot it instead boots up grub. Any ideas how to get into windows again and fix this anons?

Attached: abstract_apu.jpg (1181x1839, 636K)

Boot a Windows installation medium, launch a command prompt from advanced options and use the bcdedit command line tool to reset the timeout (and maybe the default boot entry).
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/changing-the-boot-menu-time-out
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/changing-the-default-boot-entry

My modem went nuts, I can't connect any website with typing an address without "" or "". Doesn't happen when using vpn. Any ideas?

alright man thanks! I dont have time now but ill try it this evening!

Can I expand a Windows partition while booted into it?

Are there are good ssh jump servers that I can occasionally use to reach my home network? My college IT guys are literally weeb Nazis

Next time try your best to manage your boot through your linux bootloader. The config file is plaintext and easy to figure out. And your bootloader will accept and recognize all your entries without hackery. Windows configs on the other hand are binary and can only be edited thru windows. And their bootloader only recognizes windows so you have to fool it into thinking your bootloader is theirs.

Yes, although sometimes disk management is bitchy about expansions.

My battery on my phone is kinda fucked at

Damn, that was easy. Thank you.

How to learn about how to use linux correctly?

Like, I used different distro for 5-8years now, but I'd like to know how an experienced user use their OS. Where should you install stuff, how to keep things clean, how does is the sound stuff supposed to work, how should user group be..

To sum up, where can I learn what I don't learn by googling every problem I encounter and fixing them?

>They blocked me for suspicious behavior immediately after making one. Does the username remain in use, do they just keep a record of the email I used?
I got that shit when I made my twitter account, I had to email support to get it unblocked but it worked immediately afterwards.

I gotta say that the whole process is fucked though, crazy when you remember that they say that being able to use it should be a basic human right.